Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Transmission Oil for passo

Salamz pakwheelers.

I'd like to know about the transmission oil that is apripriate for my car?
    Its Passo 2007 model.
    I was in the market and shop keeper told me about this transmission oil.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Besides can any one confirm me that Passo 2007 has CVT transmission or simple automatic?

Transmission Oil for passo - EBE87E5F 386D 4634 AE39 4B3E8C6D751F 10209 00000AD93BEDF1C4 zps14e62113

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    remove your transmission oil check dip stick, look for initials such as WS or w/e near the level marks

if your transmission doesn't have a dipstick, then the fill bolt would have the initials embossed on it

still better to post here complete details of your car - make/model/model year/engine
    Daihatsu Boon / DBA-M300S / 2004 / 1KR-FE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Since we've discussed it already in separate posts that CVT oil is not good for ATF, its been over a month i've already drained that CVT oil and now consuming LM Top Tech 1200G.
    am sure in my two other posts i've already mentioned the same.
    LM Top Tech 1200G Specs area vailable on LM website.

yet you are recommending someone else to use CVTF in a shifting transmission.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    yet you are recommending someone else to use CVTF in a shifting transmission.
    That was an old post which later I've corrected by PM.
    I wished to changed the original post too, but it was already quoted by others.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqarhassanpk View Post
    Salamz pakwheelers.

I'd like to know about the transmission oil that is apripriate for my car?
    Its Passo 2007 model.
    I was in the market and shop keeper told me about this transmission oil.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Besides can any one confirm me that Passo 2007 has CVT transmission or simple automatic?

Transmission Oil for passo - EBE87E5F 386D 4634 AE39 4B3E8C6D751F 10209 00000AD93BEDF1C4 zps14e62113

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toyota OEM Fluid Rs. 1,200/L you will need 3L for first change.

Transmission Oil for passo - 109881d1311782151 sale case toyota ws atf photo 4
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MAL are selling the JWS3309 ATF, which is the original formula of Toyota T-IV.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    MAL are selling the JWS3309 ATF, which is the original formula of Toyota T-IV.
    Whats the difference between ATF WS and Toyota T-IV ATF?
    Which one should I go for, ATF-WS or T-IV in my Daihatsu Boon 2004? (model DBA-M300S, Engine 1KR-FE)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WS is low vicosity ATF (used for fuel economy) - T-IV was formulated for partial lockup torque converter gearbox and has its own set friction modifiers in it. If your automatic trans requires T-IV - using anything else will result in strange and unwanted behaviour.

Dont be alarmed at the colour of T-IV in a transmission, it will go dark gray or black in normal usage

read the edge of the dipstick to see what is required, if no dipstick then check the fill plug. You can also read the transmission model from the ID plate on the car. (silver plate with toyota written on it)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please let me know any good mechanic for Passo 1000cc (not footpathi mechanic, as I tested them for my bike & my old car) or let me know any company mechanic. I live in Karachi Noth Nazimabad. Although I do not need mechanic right now I am just asking for safe side in advance.

Please guide.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since we've discussed it already in separate posts that CVT oil is not good for ATF, its been over a month i've already drained that CVT oil and now consuming LM Top Tech 1200G.
    am sure in my two other posts i've already mentioned the same.
    LM Top Tech 1200G Specs area vailable on LM website.
    Look who's talking;

I am sorry to say that you lack knowledge about lubricants; but you constantly advise people.
    For GOD sake please butt out before someone car is destroyed by your ill advise.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post
    Look who's talking;

I am sorry to say that you lack knowledge about lubricants; but you constantly advise people.
    For GOD sake please butt out before someone car is destroyed by your ill advise.
    let me share something from my personal observation about using CVT oil in ATF.
    Firstly I was using T-IV, but I can feel the very hard shifting of gears and also mileage like 11.5 KM/L in summer (because I changed it in last March).

Went through a long thread about Passo here at PW and bought CVT oil unknowingly that my 2008 model is non cvt. So it was a totally innocent decision.
    I used it for 9~10 months continuously and got the average of 13.5 KM/L in summer and 14.5 in winter.
    I was pretty much satisfied with it, but again zulfiqar and many other brothers like you advised to have it changed because CVT & ATF both have different friction properties. So a couple of weeks back I shift to LM Top Tech 1200G.

Now since am using this LM gear oil, the fuel consumption is reduced to 13 km/l in winter (without A/C) and am sure it will be hardly 10~11 KM in summer. So technically I can say that I took very bad decision for draining the CVT oil from my car, while I never had any complain from it.

Now, this LM is again giving me "hard shifting of gears" and high fuel consumption as well. So what you will say that had I taken a good decision (to shift back from CVT to ATF) or not?
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ATF is the most complex of all lubricating fluids. Not only does it have to reduce friction to prevent wear like all lubricants, but it also has to allow a certain level of friction so clutch materials can engage. Since most OEMs use proprietary frictional materials, virtually every ATF is OEM-specific. In some cases, they're transmission-specific. In addition, ATFs must be compatible with all transmission components, operate at both low and high temperature extremes, and maintain constant performance for extended periods.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Q: What is the difference between ATF & CVT Fluid?
    A: The required functions of ATF and CVT Fluids are fundamentally different. Since CVT Fluid controls the metal to metal friction between the belt and pulleys as well as provide the necessary oil pressure crucial to the CVT function, it is extremely important to use the right CVT Fluid for your car.

Required ATF Characteristic: Required CVT-F Characteristic
    Reduce metal to metal friction High metal to metal friction
    Stable Oxidation Maintain oil pressure
    Cleaning agents Heat resistance
    Anti-foam Stable viscosity
    Seal swelling agent
    Stable viscosity

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is the same as using Diesel engine oil in Petrol car because it runs better with it.
    You seem to always bash people who use 20w-50 oil in their new cars, ' y u no use LM 5w40' etc. You're doing the same thing using CVT fluid in a car which needs ATF. * Facepalm *.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please let me know any good mechanic for Passo 1000cc (not footpathi mechanic, as I tested them for my bike & my old car) or let me know any company mechanic. I live in Karachi Noth Nazimabad. Although I do not need mechanic right now I am just asking for safe side in advance.

Please guide.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Firstly I was using T-IV, but I can feel the very hard shifting of gears and also mileage like 11.5 KM/L in summer (because I changed it in last March).

Went through a long thread about Passo here at PW and bought CVT oil unknowingly that my 2008 model is non cvt. So it was a totally innocent decision.
    I used it for 9~10 months continuously and got the average of 13.5 KM/L in summer and 14.5 in winter.
    I was pretty much satisfied with it, but again zulfiqar and many other brothers like you advised to have it changed because CVT & ATF both have different friction properties. So a couple of weeks back I shift to LM Top Tech 1200G.

Now since am using this LM gear oil, the fuel consumption is reduced to 13 km/l in winter (without A/C) and am sure it will be hardly 10~11 KM in summer. So technically I can say that I took very bad decision for draining the CVT oil from my car, while I never had any complain from it.

Now, this LM is again giving me "hard shifting of gears" and high fuel consumption as well. So what you will say that had I taken a good decision (to shift back from CVT to ATF) or not?
    O bhai jaan decision was right to have it changed before something fatal happens. But you are saying that "I had no complain" means that i smoked cigarates for 10 months and nothing bad happens so the theory of "Smoking causes mouth cancer" is wrong. Come on man brave is the person who admits his fault and rectifies because this is the way we learn and grow.

So, there are two things, keep them separately and treat them separately:

1- You were using wrong type of transmission oil which u have changed for the right one. = bravo u have done right.
    2- Your car average has dropped. = now find out where the problem actually is (dont blame the right oil usage for this).

Lastly scratch off from your mind the golden words of some expert who said "the oil is used for lubrication nothing else", o mera bhai if it is the case then why the expert didnt adviced you to pour SAROON DA TAIL in place of engine oil and ZAITOON or TARAY MEERAY DA TAIL in place of transmission oil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqarhassanpk View Post
    I am still running that oil shown in first pic and I am satisfied

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    My experience with both ZIC FF GL-4 and ZIC ATF is very good. Never bothered me. ZIC are selling good oils overall. Will pour ZIC DOT3 brake fluid in my corolla on coming saturday. Sticking with ZIC.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im pretty sure your transmission requires toyota T-IV ATF, which is sold both by Toyota and Mobil Askari, In my experience in repairing these transmissions any OE ATF is blended to "compliment" the shift characteristics of the transmission. Meaning the mechanical and the fluid work as a team to provide the best performance (shift duration time, noise reduction, shift shock etc)

Your case is questionable as you have run CVTF in the box - no-one can say what damage has been done in the unit - and still you changed it to non-OE ATF. (face-palm suits you). You are a classic example of "neem hakeem khatra jaan".

When someone asks me for the benz NAG1 ATF, I speak of my experience which is that using Shell ATF3403M115 is the absolute best for it as it was purposely blended for it. Whenever I used it the performance was incredible. No noise, perfect aggression in shift, quick shift completion and proper temperature maintenance of the ATF.

It is very hard to find - MB say to use the NAG2 fluid which is far cheaper too and works OK - but change is required a bit earlier. There are other ATF that also work - but not 100% like the Shell ATF3403 did.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hameed75 View Post

Please guide.
    What sort of mechanic are you looking for? - If you have such concerns then contact Toyota to repair your car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hameed75 View Post

Please guide.
    I take my cars to shahnawaz near landikotal chowrangi. Turn into the street between the police station and a mosque. Interview him, he is good for tune ups, oil changes brake servicing,etc. But for big tasks, 3s zindabad!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you. I need this kind of reply. thank you again for your response. also let me know that where is 3s

Quote Originally Posted by omarabdullah022 View Post
    I take my cars to shahnawaz near landikotal chowrangi. Turn into the street between the police station and a mosque. Interview him, he is good for tune ups, oil changes brake servicing,etc. But for big tasks, 3s zindabad!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List