Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Transmission Oil for passo

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqarhassanpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Larkana
    Posts
    256
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Transmission Oil for passo

    Salamz pakwheelers.

    I'd like to know about the transmission oil that is apripriate for my car?
    Its Passo 2007 model.
    I was in the market and shop keeper told me about this transmission oil.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Besides can any one confirm me that Passo 2007 has CVT transmission or simple automatic?

    Transmission Oil for passo - EBE87E5F 386D 4634 AE39 4B3E8C6D751F 10209 00000AD93BEDF1C4 zps14e62113


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #61
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehalin View Post
    What does your car's manual say? In my opinion it should be changed according to mileage recommended in the car's manual. Same oil which is good for 40k kms for a Suzuki can run for more than 80k in a Toyota. Similarly same GL-4 needs to be changed on different mileages even in the same car when it is being used in gear box vs in transfer case.
    As we have different categories of engine oils, like Fully synthetic, synthetic formula, semi synthetic & mineral. And hence their change intervals are also according to the category we choose.
    Similarly, the latest gear oils are also coming with fully synthetic, synthetic formula, partially synthetic, etc. categories. Hence according to the category we choose, the mileage/ci is recommended accordingly.
    LM's synthetic gear oils are good to go upto 90K or 72months, whatever comes earlier.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  3. #62
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    LM Synthoil, Mobil 1, Shell Helix Ultra and Total 9000 easily lasts 15,000 km in even 50C but there are no oil filters available here except K&N & FRAM Tough Guard which can last that long.
    Not all these oils are good to go till 15K. LM Synthoil is 5/40 with ACEA A3/B3 (high performance). Total Quartz 9000 is 5/30 sn, gf-5, but max. sci is 7~8K.
    5/40 oil is most suitable to be consumed even in the higher temperatures like 50C. Because it has better thermal stabilities. Using 5/20 or 0/20 in summer perhaps can give better fuel economies. But these oils are not good for thermal stabilities.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  4. #63
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    There is no substitute to the Toyota T-IV fluid in performance.

    Qualifying for approvals and direct substitute are two totally different things.
    Correct. But though everyone have their own level of satisfaction.
    I've personally used this T-IV first in my car and now LM. The difference is huge. Car seems working more stronger. Can't explain the difference in words.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  5. #64
    PakWheeler Follow
    ehalin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    You are right. This is the reason due to which in Toyota Corolla's manual when car is used above 80% of its max speed the transmission oil change interval is less. But some car manufacturers don't categorize in this way. So further to your argument if you are driving at high speeds then you should increase the frequency of transmission fluid/oil change and similarly, if you suspect that the gear oil has become contaminated (e.g., by driving through deep water) then do check the condition of transmission/gear oil and replace if required.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    It also depends on operating / driving temperature greatly.

    You cant compare a car which drives daily from office to home 20 km in a smooth manner with an auto transmission of a boy racer which is redline to the limits after street racing.

    The ATF fluid gets really hot and it affects its service life greatly.
    -

  6. #65
    PakWheeler Follow
    ehalin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Out of the two statements below which one is correct? In first statement you are saying gear oils are like engine oils and in the second statement you are saying that these two are different.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    As we have different categories of engine oils, like Fully synthetic, synthetic formula, semi synthetic & mineral. And hence their change intervals are also according to the category we choose.
    Similarly, the latest gear oils are also coming with fully synthetic, synthetic formula, partially synthetic, etc. categories. Hence according to the category we choose, the mileage/ci is recommended accordingly.
    LM's synthetic gear oils are good to go upto 90K or 72months, whatever comes earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Gear oils cannot be compare with functionality of engine oils.

    -

  7. #66
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    hmm - let see here.

    If I use this oil in lets say in a Ford Heavy duty which is used in the desert in low range towing a crapload of stuff - it will work till 90,000 kms (50,000 miles)?

    YOU SIR have won a big contract from me. All I need is a written confirmation that you will provide me with new transmission if the unit fails before 90,000 kms. I have 13 trucks doing this duty.

    ATF change is at 10,000 miles and the trans already have huge additional coolers installed.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  8. #67
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Correct. But though everyone have their own level of satisfaction.
    I've personally used this T-IV first in my car and now LM. The difference is huge. Car seems working more stronger. Can't explain the difference in words.
    But I remember you saying that the CVT oil was the best transmission fluid you ever used?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  9. #68
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    But I remember you saying that the CVT oil was the best transmission fluid you ever used?
    believe me, if i not feel very pushed about my previous choice of gear oil after reading your several posts, i must be still happy with previous oil. (smile). anyway.
    but bad news is that am gonna sell my car. But good news is that my company giving me new PDM. hopefully xli or gli. lets see.
    i've posted the add on pw & olx also. plz do check if interested. thanks.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  10. #69
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehalin View Post
    Out of the two statements below which one is correct? In first statement you are saying gear oils are like engine oils and in the second statement you are saying that these two are different.
    Sir when I was studying in US the Mobil 1 ATF used to have both Honda Z1 and Toyota T-IV certifications.

    Now it has none.
    @Xulfiqar bhai has explained somewhere in detail that due to royalties and fees issues Toyota T-IV certifications and especially MB 229.6 certifications are very costly and OMC avoid them.

    Technically speaking the Mobil 1 ATF is the greatest out there and could be used in anything from Mercedes W202 (personal experience) to Passo or Reborn.

    The real problem is that why would someone use it when the Toyota T-IV and Honda Z1 oil is available at nearly half the cost.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  11. #70
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehalin View Post
    Out of the two statements below which one is correct? In first statement you are saying gear oils are like engine oils and in the second statement you are saying that these two are different.
    OMG. I never thought a wise man like you can ask such question.
    Anyways, despite the gear oils are also categorise as Syntheic, semi synthetic & mineral base. But it really does not mean they can be used in engine oils? Or vise versa.
    We should compare with apple with apple and orange with organe.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  12. #71
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    hmm - let see here.

    If I use this oil in lets say in a Ford Heavy duty which is used in the desert in low range towing a crapload of stuff - it will work till 90,000 kms (50,000 miles)?

    YOU SIR have won a big contract from me. All I need is a written confirmation that you will provide me with new transmission if the unit fails before 90,000 kms. I have 13 trucks doing this duty.

    ATF change is at 10,000 miles and the trans already have huge additional coolers installed.
    The recommended mileage for top tec 1200 as 90k or 3 years, is mainly for passenger cars. For Ford Heavy Duty Trucks, perhaps company suggest 20~25K. who knows. Because despite the oil is same, but engine size and functionalities also counts. So it really doesn't means that we have the same mileage for ALL types of cars/trucks/buses/trailers/Cranes etc..
    No Guts, No Glory.

  13. #72
    PakWheeler Follow
    roomi351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    On inner side of bonnet of toyota passo it is written that recommended engine oils for toyota passo are 0w20 or 5w30 or 5w20

  14. #73
    PakWheeler Follow
    ehalin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    OMG. I never thought a wise man like you can ask such question.
    Don't be surprised. Aap Mahan hain. In comparison to your intellect and experiences, I was born yesterday.

    If I kept on reading your posts, be sure to get many similar questions. Kharbooza kharboozay ko dekh kar rang pakadta hai.
    -

  15. #74
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roomi351 View Post
    On inner side of bonnet of toyota passo it is written that recommended engine oils for toyota passo are 0w20 or 5w30 or 5w20
    Yes. For excellent fuel economy, 0/20 is recommended.
    Presently only Kixx has 0/20 tin pack oil. Its good. Price is Rs. 2800/4L.
    Plz try and share your experience here. Because I've asked to many people, but not a single reply has received who have utilized 0/20 in 1KR-FE.
    However, from April to September, don't use 0/20 here in Pak. because of hot weather. Use 5/30 for year round use.
    Or for longer change intervals, use 5/40 because this oil give better thermal stability.

    Avoid using 10W oils
    And never feed 20w oil to your car ever (if its 1kr-fe). Its sincere advice.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  16. #75
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    The recommended mileage for top tec 1200 as 90k or 3 years, is mainly for passenger cars. For Ford Heavy Duty Trucks, perhaps company suggest 20~25K. who knows. Because despite the oil is same, but engine size and functionalities also counts. So it really doesn't means that we have the same mileage for ALL types of cars/trucks/buses/trailers/Cranes etc..
    So keeping the above in mind - how can you deduce that that your transmission will be sweet after 90,000 kms of service with an oil that is not even original JWS3309 - which itself is not upto such task.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  17. #76
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    So keeping the above in mind - how can you deduce that that your transmission will be sweet after 90,000 kms of service with an oil that is not even original JWS3309 - which itself is not upto such task.
    plz come again?
    No Guts, No Glory.

  18. #77
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    plz come again?
    Toyota T-IV which is also known as JWS3309 is not capable of long life in severe service that Pakistan sees. This ATF is the factory ATF of this gearbox, How can you deduce that a product not even endorsed by Aisin Warner is upto twice the duty.

    There is a difference between "suitable for use" and "OE specification"

    And one always follows factory spec.

    just like I know that Mobil1 0w40 is long drain interval in my car (upto 24,000 kms) I will not do the same if this oil were in a VW 1.3 aircooled flat 4 engine. That engine has a 2.5 litre sump with no filter.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  19. #78
    PakWheeler Follow
    lovelylovely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    1
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    AOA ur inbox is full so posting here and waiting for ur and other expert advice




    passo 2006 i own

    its knocking a lot but with hioctane knocking get low but still remain

    but for the last 2 months car is knocking a lot even getting engine off when i m im on a long ride or in traffic and when i paddle accelator from long traffic jam it either knocks a lot or looks like its about to get engine off(jaisay gari band honay lagti hai)

    and on steep slopp with 4 ppl in car, aisa lagta hai car bus ab band hoee kay ab

    what the solution very confused , toyota motors walay charge a lot koi zabardast mechanic pls recommend kardain



    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you can choose to never change the transmission oil for all its life - it will work right upto the point the oil becomes dead goo. You wont be the first to experience it.

    So Mr Steffen also agrees to write me a cheque for a new transmission if it fails before 90,000 kms or 5 years... The reason Im saying this is that Toyota say to change it at 40,000 kms in severe drive cycle (city)
    NameCheap.com Domain Registration only 900rs/year. Guranteed best rates all over the globe.Msg me

  20. #79
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,841
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovelylovely View Post
    AOA ur inbox is full so posting here and waiting for ur and other expert advice




    passo 2006 i own

    its knocking a lot but with hioctane knocking get low but still remain

    but for the last 2 months car is knocking a lot even getting engine off when i m im on a long ride or in traffic and when i paddle accelator from long traffic jam it either knocks a lot or looks like its about to get engine off(jaisay gari band honay lagti hai)

    and on steep slopp with 4 ppl in car, aisa lagta hai car bus ab band hoee kay ab

    what the solution very confused , toyota motors walay charge a lot koi zabardast mechanic pls recommend kardain
    Possible Reasons can be only 1 or more than 1.

    1. Distributor Settings are disturbed.
    2. Plugs are totally done and need to replace with new. But if you have recently install new plugs then maybe 1 or 2 plugs not working well.
    3. Fuel pump is not pumping fuel.
    4. Fuel pipes are loose and not enough tight.
    5. Engine either taking more Petrol or Air.
    6. Air Filter totally clogged.
    7. Etc. etc.

    A good mechanic can judge better.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  21. #80
    PakWheeler Follow
    lovelylovely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    1
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Possible Reasons can be only 1 or more than 1.

    1. Distributor Settings are disturbed.
    2. Plugs are totally done and need to replace with new. But if you have recently install new plugs then maybe 1 or 2 plugs not working well.
    3. Fuel pump is not pumping fuel.
    4. Fuel pipes are loose and not enough tight.
    5. Engine either taking more Petrol or Air.
    6. Air Filter totally clogged.
    7. Etc. etc.

    A good mechanic can judge better.

    thanks a lot for the reply bro

    so i guess i need a real good mechanic to diagnose properly, would u recommend toyota motors? (they are expensive) or suggest a good mechanic please in karachi who can handle/diagnose such issues??? any one else from karachi pls give suggestions too

    really appreciate it
    NameCheap.com Domain Registration only 900rs/year. Guranteed best rates all over the globe.Msg me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •