Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GoodMan7

Thread: Oils for passo 08

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,830
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default Oils for passo 08

    Abba nay recently passo ley k di hey 08 model ki 70 hazzar chali hui, black color. Chelany main bohat achi hey. Lakin oils ki khass detail nei patta key engine main konsa dalna hey, gear me aur brake main.
    Experts ki guidance chahye thi pleez.
    Issi doran main kuch puray forum parrta hoon.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Abba nay recently passo ley k di hey 08 model ki 70 hazzar chali hui, black color. Chelany main bohat achi hey. Lakin oils ki khass detail nei patta key engine main konsa dalna hey, gear me aur brake main.
    Experts ki guidance chahye thi pleez.
    Issi doran main kuch puray forum parrta hoon.
    I have the same car as yours.
    Use followings

    Engine oil : LM Hi-tech Synthoil 5/40 PART NO. 2194
    Gear Oil : Liqui Moly ATF 1200
    Brake Oil : Dot4

    Every week blow the air filter with air.
    Change oil filter every after 4K.

    Drive with Light foot and enjoy ~15 KM/L average within city.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    I guess 10w30 is recommended for passo as per user manual. select a good 10w30 (original) one.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post
    I guess 10w30 is recommended for passo as per user manual. select a good 10w30 (original) one.
    do you have the manual of Passo or 1KR-FE? am searching it quite long but still couldn't find.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    HussainKaisrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    do you have the manual of Passo or 1KR-FE? am searching it quite long but still couldn't find.
    Please provide your email for receiving manual of PASSO. Thanks.
    ``Two things a man should never be angry at: what he can help, and what he cannot help``.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zia1288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    do you have the manual of Passo or 1KR-FE? am searching it quite long but still couldn't find.
    I found it in Japanese but here's what I got from it:

    0w20 for I KR-FE
    5w30 for I NR-FE
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    musf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    I have the same car as yours.
    Use followings

    Engine oil: LM Hi-tech Synthoil 5/40 PART NO. 2194
    Gear Oil: Liqui Moly ATF 1200
    Brake Oil: Dot4

    Every week blow the air filter with air.
    Change oil filter every after 4K.

    Drive with Light foot and enjoy ~15 KM/L average within city.
    wht is the change interval for atf?


    Sent from my GT-I9305 using PW Forums mobile app
    give people an inch and they think they are ruler...

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jiggerzzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,038
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HussainKaisrani View Post
    Please provide your email for receiving manual of PASSO. Thanks.
    sent by PM.
    plz check.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musf View Post
    wht is the change interval for atf?


    Sent from my GT-I9305 using PW Forums mobile app
    LM TOP Tec 1200 if used for Passo 2008 AT, then its Change Interval is 90K km or 3 years, whatever comes first.
    (I've already checked it directly from LM Germany 2 weeks back and also going to change it for me car too)
    No Guts, No Glory.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post
    I found it in Japanese but here's what I got from it:

    0w20 for I KR-FE
    5w30 for I NR-FE
    Passo has 1KR-FE.
    And if we go bit deeper in the specs of
    5/40
    0/40
    0/20
    0/30
    Like Density at 15'C, Viscosity at 40 & 100'C, VI, CCS, etc.

    Then these are nearly nearly same same. Especially 5/40 & 0/40.
    Presently am using LM 5/40, hence it seems cool for me. But next time am gonna find 0/40 because its among LM's best product.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    LM TOP Tec 1200 if used for Passo 2008 AT, then its Change Interval is 90K km or 3 years, whatever comes first.
    (I've already checked it directly from LM Germany 2 weeks back and also going to change it for me car too)
    Are u SURE what r u writing ?

    Even the best like Castrol Edge, Amsoil Signature and Mobil 1 Extended performance dont last after 1 year or 25,000km.

    I am sure you wil get someones car engine seize from ur suggestions.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    Einstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    972
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Are u SURE what r u writing ?

    Even the best like Castrol Edge, Amsoil Signature and Mobil 1 Extended performance dont last after 1 year or 25,000km.

    I am sure you wil get someones car engine seize from ur suggestions.
    I think he was talking about transmission oil :/

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    waqarhassanpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Larkana
    Posts
    256
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have been using Shell HX7-E ( 5w -30) for query 2 some times and I must day I am quiet impressed with it

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Are u SURE what r u writing ?

    Even the best like Castrol Edge, Amsoil Signature and Mobil 1 Extended performance dont last after 1 year or 25,000km.

    I am sure you wil get someones car engine seize from ur suggestions.
    Be cool.

    I've it already got it confirmed from LM's head office Germany. Write your email and I'll forward to you.
    The gear oils have longer life as compare to engine oils.
    LM Top Tec 1200 is gear oil. Check their website and the oil specifications.

    For your ref.
    LM Top Tec 1400 is CVT oil and life is 90K or 3 years.
    ZIC, Kixx and other gear oils SCI is 40~50K.
    The change interval of Toyota's CVT oils is 50K.

    So as an average, 40K is the general CI for gear oil even for mehran.
    No Guts, No Glory.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •