69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Here are recommended oils for 1KR-FE & 1NR-FE

Firstly a big thank to the gentleman who sent me complete manual of Toyota Passo by email. Am really thank full to him.

Here is what they recommend in the manual.

1KR-FE (1000 CC engine) 0W-20
    1NR-FE (1300 CC engine) 5W-30

They repeatedly mentioned in the manual that for "BEST FUEL CONSUMPTION" feed 1KR-FE with 0/20 oil. it will give the best mileage.

I know hundreds of Vitz are out there and people are pouring 20/50 oil and changing after 3K.
    Moreover I've checked with LM's head office in Germany and here is the min. & max. range of the oils we can feed to 1KR-FE.

Minimum 0W-20
    Maximum 5W-40

These cars will ideally work in above oil range.
    So technically these engines will "not work ideally" if we will feed them 10/30, 10/40, 15/40, 20/50 etc. oils.

Presently Kixx G1 (Tin pack) is 0/20. Price 2800/4L. SCI is 5~6K. Just forget either its summer or winter, if you want to save on fuel consumption, then 0/20 is the best choice.

If anyone need the manual, write your email here. Its 8MB file and I'll send once to all.
    No Guts, No Glory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is the manual same for pre 2010 non-CVT and post 2010 CVT models? I need manual for non-CVT 2004-2010 Passo.. 1KR-FE (1000 cc)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faadi.k View Post
    Is the manual same for pre 2010 non-CVT and post 2010 CVT models? I need manual for non-CVT 2004-2010 Passo.. 1KR-FE (1000 cc)
    i have passo 2008 non cvt. But the most important is the "engine" and not the year of manufacturing.
    if engine is 1KR-FE, then this manual is applicable.
    They don't issue manual for each & every model. They just issue the general manual and at the bottom of every page they write "things may be different for different models".
    Just like Pak. Corolla they issue same manual for XLI, GLI & 2.0D from models 2007/2008 to present models (I think so).
    No Guts, No Glory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@GoodMan7
    Many thanks for providing such a useful information with reference to manual.
    I don't know anything about OILS but after going through your threads and posts, my interest in this regard is developing day by day.
    Here, I have a question.
    The recommended oil for 1KR-FE will remain the same for Japan and Pakistan. I have some where read that we have different weather and atmosphere so this and that oil is not suitable for Pakistan etc etc.
    Please guide accordingly.
    ``Two things a man should never be angry at: what he can help, and what he cannot help``.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HussainKaisrani View Post
    @GoodMan7
    Many thanks for providing such a useful information with reference to manual.
    I don't know anything about OILS but after going through your threads and posts, my interest in this regard is developing day by day.
    Here, I have a question.
    The recommended oil for 1KR-FE will remain the same for Japan and Pakistan. I have some where read that we have different weather and atmosphere so this and that oil is not suitable for Pakistan etc etc.
    You cant expect 5W and 0W oils to work in Sindh and Karachi where temp rises to 42C and even 50C in some cities with theses small engines running with full load and AC and sometimes on CNG.

For winters they are good. Toyota genuine 10w30 TIN can oil is often best for all local and JDM Corollas like the Toyota coolant.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[MENTION=272724]
    Yes recommended oil for 1KR-FE will be SAME, either its in Japan or Pakistan.
    And as these JDMs are coming directly from Japan, hence for the better/ideal results, we must feed them the oils which are recommend by the engine manufacturer.
    Many people have same ideology that local thicker oils like 10/30, 20/50, etc are good for imported cars because these are being operative in Pak. now. But in my books its not.
    Engine's operating temperature will be same either the same car is running in Pak., Japan, USA or Europe.
    Air Filter & Oil filter work well to supply clean air to engine & to keep the engine oil clean as much possible.
    But the major point is the "Fuel Quality" in Pakistan as it affects a lot on the life/quality of the engine oil. That’s why majority goes for earlier oil change in Pak. That is the only reason IMO.

But there are so many other things also, like if engine is old then feeding thinner oils is not good idea and vise versa. If engine reduces oil more, Quality of the filters, re-built engines, etc. etc. so at the end we have to be more wise by ourself to choose the more suitable oil for the engine for better performance.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    You cant expect 5W and 0W oils to work in Sindh and Karachi where temp rises to 42C and even 50C in some cities with theses small engines running with full load and AC and sometimes on CNG.

For winters they are good. Toyota genuine 10w30 TIN can oil is often best for all local and JDM Corollas like the Toyota coolant.
    Well the temperatures are almost same in Puanjab too, its not much difference. I'll say the temp in Punjab is even harder than sindh because there is plenty of wind blowing during evening and nights become cold in sindh. While in Punjab, even sometimes during nights the temperature doesn't come down than 27~28C

Allow me to ask a bit odd question.
    Have you experience by yourself to use 0/20 or similar v. low viscose oil in summer?
    Because I have heard the same explanation from many people, but no one has tried it infact and these comments are just like I hear from one side and transmitted to other people.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is the engine oil capacity of Passo 1KR-FE?

i read somewhere that with fuel filter change, we need to pour in 3.1 Litres. Does that mean one has to buy a 4 Litres oil can?

I use Zic A+ 3 Litres, but after some 2500 kms i feel like the oil level is decreasing. Can it be like i am using less quantity than required?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please email me manual for1KR-Fe Engine. Email address is naval_aviator1@yahoo.com.
    Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, we need to buy 4 Liters oil pack as 3+ Liters are required for PASSO 1KR-FE.

Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post

i read somewhere that with fuel filter change, we need to pour in 3.1 Litres. Does that mean one has to buy a 4 Litres oil can?

I use Zic A+ 3 Litres, but after some 2500 kms i feel like the oil level is decreasing. Can it be like i am using less quantity than required?
    ``Two things a man should never be angry at: what he can help, and what he cannot help``.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can anyone please email the manual of 1KR-FE @ jahangir_345@yahoo.com

Thanks and kind regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, we need to buy 4 Liters oil pack as 3+ Liters are required for PASSO 1KR-FE.
    ok that seems legit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

manual sent by mail to both gentlemen who asked for it.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post

3.1L is without oil filter.
    Hence with oil filter the oil capacity is 3.4L or say 3.5L.
    So have to buy 4L bottle and keep half liter.
    No Guts, No Glory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@GoodMan7
    Sorry for asking silly question.
    Is this remaining half Litre engine oil useable for next oil change? Some time we have to wait till 6 months or more.
    If yes, then next question arises in my mind. Can we mix it if we decide to use different oil (Lets say 0W-20 to 5W-40)?
    Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@GoodMan7
    Is this remaining half Litre engine oil useable for next oil change? Some time we have to wait till 6 months or more.
    If yes, then next question arises in my mind. Can we mix it if we decide to use different oil (Lets say 0W-20 to 5W-40)?
    Thanks.
    Infact this is good & very important question. Plz also read my reply in thread and you will have 50% of your answer.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oil...ry#post4219126

As far as the mixing is concern, then as a generally accepted logic, if need to top up the Synthetic oils then always choose a nice quality "mineral oil" preferably of same company. Never top it up with another synthetic oil.

My brother was running PTT Performa Fully synthetic 5/40 in his GLI. Once he ran short and top it up PTT Performa Syntheic oil 5/30. But it was observed that engine start producing more heat after this particular mixing.
    Next time he top it up with PTT Performa 10/40 (mineral oil, not semi synthetic), and engine remained clam.
    No Guts, No Glory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Man7! Please send me the manual at "hameed7575@yahoo.com" very kind of you and Thanks.
    @GoodMan7
    Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hameed75 View Post
    Good Man7! Please send me the manual at "hameed7575@yahoo.com" very kind of you and Thanks.
    PASSO Manual Emailed. Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Infact this is good & very important question. Plz also read my reply in thread and you will have 50% of your answer.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oil...ry#post4219126

As far as the mixing is concern, then as a generally accepted logic, if need to top up the Synthetic oils then always choose a nice quality "mineral oil" preferably of same company. Never top it up with another synthetic oil.

My brother was running PTT Performa Fully synthetic 5/40 in his GLI. Once he ran short and top it up PTT Performa Syntheic oil 5/30. But it was observed that engine start producing more heat after this particular mixing.
    Next time he top it up with PTT Performa 10/40 (mineral oil, not semi synthetic), and engine remained clam.

As you said earlier - you dont have any scan tools in your shop, how did your brother deduce the engine is heating up?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    i have passo 2008 non cvt. But the most important is the "engine" and not the year of manufacturing.
    if engine is 1KR-FE, then this manual is applicable.
    They don't issue manual for each & every model. They just issue the general manual and at the bottom of every page they write "things may be different for different models".
    Just like Pak. Corolla they issue same manual for XLI, GLI & 2.0D from models 2007/2008 to present models (I think so).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List