Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2828
Like Tree2009Likes

Thread: JDM Time - Passo 2012

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DrUsmanNawaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Wah cantt
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,939
    Follows
    19
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default JDM Time - Passo 2012

    Aoa friends.
    ...
    I have started this thread to share my new ride i.e. Toyota Passo 2012, so that people can get benefit from this thread and I can share my problems and get guidance from experienced members.
    .
    Before proceeding further I want to thanks to Allah Almighty, who has bestowed me (and all of us) with unlimited blessings? I want to thanks my parents for their incalculable hard work for us and family for the support? I am obliged to PW and its members who were always there to guide me esp. @muradi @huzaifa.haroon @karnol @us000 @asim867 @CerwinVega @villain @aliusman420 @Nabz90 etc.
    .
    First of all general details about the car:
    • Model: Toyota Passo 2012
    • Color: White
    • Grades: 4.5 AA
    • Odo readings: 15000 Km approx.
    • Date of purchase from Japan Auction: 20th May 2015
    • Date of reaching Karachi port: 17th July 2015
    • Date of reaching Tarnol dry port (Islamabad) / Delivery to us: 6th August 2015

    .
    In this I will discuss...
    • The difficulties I faced while searching for car in local market
    • Car cost and importer information
    • Tips to buy imported cars
    • Custom / Duty structure of imported cars
    • How to read and verify auction sheets
    • Important Japanese websites
    • Different variants of Passo
    • My Car Performance and Maintenance
    • Any upgrades
    • Pros and Cons of Passo
    • My previous rides
    • Comparison of Passo with other similar cars

    Etc.
    ...
    Starting pics are auction pics...
    ...
    JDM Time ? Passo 2012 -1603150
    ...
    JDM Time ? Passo 2012 -1603151

    Plz say "Masha Allah", Allah isy achay kamo k lia istemal kren, ameen....

    Stay tuned for upcoming details...

    Fuel Average Table - Page 1
    Oil Change Table - Page 1
    Car Pics at Yokohama Port - Page 1
    Car Shipping - Port 2
    Inland Transport Khi to isb - Page 3
    Car Service and Interior cleaning - Page 3-4
    GT Road Average - Page 5
    Car Cost - Page 6
    Car Remotes / Smart Key - Page 6
    Motorway Fuel Average - Page 7
    Recommended Oil for Paaso - Page 8
    AlWaris Traders, Islamabad Exposed - Page 9
    Passo Seats - Page 9
    Motorway average - control speed - Page 10, 17
    Different variants of Passo - Page 11
    Different colors of Passo - Page 11

    Top Speed on Motorway - Page 17
    Seat Covers Installation - Page 17
    Import Procedure - Page 21
    How to Verify Auction Sheet - Page 21
    How to Read Auction Sheet - Page 23
    Grading of Car - Page 24
    One Monthly Progress Report Aug-Sep - Page 26
    Immobilizer in Passo - Page 27
    Passo vs WR - Page 29


  2. #2561
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,100
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    5W-30 is a better choice

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

  3. #2562
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,004
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    0w20 grade is for a really cold weather.
    You should not be using this grade in pakistani hot weather.
    Manual may recommended it because the manual must be for another country. Using this can harm your engine in long term use.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oil performs as per weather conditions, its characteristics change with engine temperature. Lower viscosity oil such as 0w-20 will provide qucik lubrication to engine when it is cold thus giving better protection and long life. Its mostly recommended for hybrid cars as they start and stop too often.
    PS: Use what manufacturer recommends.

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

  4. #2563
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Oil performs as per weather conditions, its characteristics change with engine temperature. Lower viscosity oil such as 0w-20 will provide qucik lubrication to engine when it is cold thus giving better protection and long life. Its mostly recommended for hybrid cars as they start and stop too often.
    PS: Use what manufacturer recommends.

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Never knew passo was hybrid.

    As this car is imported the manual is made according to some other country. In uk for corolla altis 0w20 is recommended and is printed on its oil cap to pour only 0w20. That dosnt mean if you bring it here in pakistan you should Start pouring 0w20. Temperature is different.
    Still 5w30 is a better choice than 0w20 even if car is hybrid in pakistan. Because i hardly think the temperature of engine will go in negetive even if the car is hybrid (with exception of northeren areas) So there is no need for 0w grade until you are operating the car in northeren areas where outside temperature goes below -20 degrees.

    Correct me if i am wrong.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  5. #2564
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,004
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Never knew passo was hybrid.

    As this car is imported the manual is made according to some other country. In uk for corolla altis 0w20 is recommended and is printed on its oil cap to pour only 0w20. That dosnt mean if you bring it here in pakistan you should Start pouring 0w20. Temperature is different.
    Still 5w30 is a better choice than 0w20 even if car is hybrid in pakistan. Because i hardly think the temperature of engine will go in negetive even if the car is hybrid (with exception of northeren areas) So there is no need for 0w grade until you are operating the car in northeren areas where outside temperature goes below -20 degrees.

    Correct me if i am wrong.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0w will just provide better lubrication even in Islamabad the temperature drops below 0 but I think is something like 0w will have 0 viscosity at 0 degrees comapred to 5 viscosity at 0 degress of 5w. (Not sure its a very confusing topic) but look at the operating temperature ranges.
    JDM Time - Passo 2012 - f2329436f86bb92b822b05fde8f98185

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

  6. #2565
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    0w will just provide better lubrication even in Islamabad the temperature drops below 0 but I think is something like 0w will have 0 viscosity at 0 degrees comapred to 5 viscosity at 0 degress of 5w. (Not sure its a very confusing topic) but look at the operating temperature ranges.
    JDM Time - Passo 2012 - f2329436f86bb92b822b05fde8f98185

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Check ow-30
    It goes from -35 degrees which is hardly the matter in pakistan. Thats why i said 5w30 is best. For both cold nd hot temperatures.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  7. #2566
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,004
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Check ow-30
    It goes from -35 degrees which is hardly the matter in pakistan. Thats why i said 5w30 is best. For both cold nd hot temperatures.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never in pakistan you'll see -30 also. No offense but according to your theory we should use 20w-40

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

  8. #2567
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Never in pakistan you'll see -30 also. No offense but according to your theory we should use 20w-40

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Hahaha toyota uses 20w50 in a lot of cars and they do just fine :p

    I just described from temperature rating.
    Thing is using less winter grade 5w or 0w helps in cold start of the engine which is inturn good for the engine life. In murree etc in winters the temperature easily goes down to -10 degrees. At that time the 5w grade will perform better than 20w grade which you have mentioned.
    That is why 5w is enough lowest winter grade you wanna go. 0w is an overkill.

    Most of people using 0w-20. I dont have the problem with winter grade 0w , i am concerned about the summer grade which is 20 which is way less if person is operating his car in outside temperature of 40 degrees. So atleast summer grade should be 30.

    If he chooses 0w30 its a good choice. 5w30 is a good choice. But 0w20 or 5w20 is not a good choice for summers and hot weather.

    Toyota has also introduced taglon 5w50 for pakistani weather which is good for all over pakistan. But it decreases the fuel efficiency too much.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  9. #2568
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,004
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Hahaha toyota uses 20w50 in a lot of cars and they do just fine

    I just described from temperature rating.
    Thing is using less winter grade 5w or 0w helps in cold start of the engine which is inturn good for the engine life. In murree etc in winters the temperature easily goes down to -10 degrees. At that time the 5w grade will perform better than 20w grade which you have mentioned.
    That is why 5w is enough lowest winter grade you wanna go. 0w is an overkill.

    Most of people using 0w-20. I dont have the problem with winter grade 0w , i am concerned about the summer grade which is 20 which is way less if person is operating his car in outside temperature of 40 degrees. So atleast summer grade should be 30.

    If he chooses 0w30 its a good choice. 5w30 is a good choice. But 0w20 or 5w20 is not a good choice for summers and hot weather.

    Toyota has also introduced taglon 5w50 for pakistani weather which is good for all over pakistan. But it decreases the fuel efficiency too much.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the temperature mentioned for 0w-30 is -30 to +40 in manual. These temperature charts are not very accurate. I've always used Zic A+ 5w-20 not the cars requirement is much thinner oil.

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

  10. #2569
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahzebm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    0w20 grade is for a really cold weather.
    You should not be using this grade in pakistani hot weather.
    Manual may recommended it because the manual must be for another country. Using this can harm your engine in long term use.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am in islamabad and it is good here it works very well till 40 degrees I study its specifications. Will c if I faced problems then will go for 5w30 liqui moly. It is good ryt??

    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

  11. #2570
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shahzebm View Post
    I am in islamabad and it is good here it works very well till 40 degrees I study its specifications. Will c if I faced problems then will go for 5w30 liqui moly. It is good ryt??

    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Its great um using it in my Altis grande


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  12. #2571
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahzebm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Its great um using it in my Altis grande


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wil try next time. Now wdr is grtting better. Plus it already cost me 4200 so lts have it for 8000 km atleast

    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

  13. #2572
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shahzebm View Post
    Wil try next time. Now wdr is grtting better. Plus it already cost me 4200 so lts have it for 8000 km atleast

    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    My 5w30 turned a little brown after 5k kms abd i changed it. Dont know whats gonna happen to 0w20
    Keep a check on it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  14. #2573
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahzebm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    My 5w30 turned a little brown after 5k kms abd i changed it. Dont know whats gonna happen to 0w20
    Keep a check on it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure brother

    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

  15. #2574
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,004
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    My 5w30 turned a little brown after 5k kms abd i changed it. Dont know whats gonna happen to 0w20
    Keep a check on it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Use Zic X9 previously Zic XQ 5w-40 Fully synthetic oil. It's cheap around 2600-2800rs.
    Here is Zic 0w-30 fully synthetic after 7500km still see through
    JDM Time - Passo 2012 - 5234c8a739e4209223f1dacbe6659ff0

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

  16. #2575
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Use Zic X9 previously Zic XQ 5w-40 Fully synthetic oil. It's cheap around 2600-2800rs.
    Here is Zic 0w-30 fully synthetic after 7500km still see through
    JDM Time - Passo 2012 - 5234c8a739e4209223f1dacbe6659ff0

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    I have used zic xq perviously for a long time.
    Then shifted to liqui moly 5w40 when i started having different performances at oil changes. Turns out buying same oil from different places had different performances.

    Well LM had better performance than zic. So now all family using LM and friends too. I was a zic fan but Its far from LM
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  17. #2576
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,004
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    I have used zic xq perviously for a long time.
    Then shifted to liqui moly 5w40 when i started having different performances at oil changes. Turns out buying same oil from different places had different performances.

    Well LM had better performance than zic. So now all family using LM and friends too. I was a zic fan but Its far from LM
    liqui moly is expensive and they don't have fully synthetic below 5w-40 secondly I don't know why was there different performances maybe oil you used to get wasn't original. Order online.

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

  18. #2577
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    liqui moly is expensive and they don't have fully synthetic below 5w-40 secondly I don't know why was there different performances maybe oil you used to get wasn't original. Order online.

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Yes this was the case. I was getting fake oil from certified retailers.
    Thats why i left.
    Yes liqui is expensive but worth every penny.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  19. #2578
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,004
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Yes this was the case. I was getting fake oil from certified retailers.
    Thats why i left.
    Yes liqui is expensive but worth every penny.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now they've changed the packaging and seal and names aswell. I always buy from metro cash& carry to be sure that it's original

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

  20. #2579
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Now they've changed the packaging and seal and names aswell. I always buy from metro cash& carry to be sure that it's original

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Yup they changed packing and seals because of increased fake selling.
    Zic is better than many out there but
    After switching to liqui i prefer it more now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  21. #2580
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,004
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Yup they changed packing and seals because of increased fake selling.
    Zic is better than many out there but
    After switching to liqui i prefer it more now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know, I've always had good experience with ZIC.

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •