Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tintin1

Thread: Toyota Passo Slight jerk when put to D or R.

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.adnan.sw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Passo Slight jerk when put to D or R.

    Hi Members,

    I need help/suggestion regarding my passo model 2010 (new Shape) Issue. Recently i have changed my gear box. Now problem is that when i put gear from P to D or R it gets slight jerk, initially the jerk was heavy but after 2 days driving it became very slight. my mechanic continuously asking me that jerk will completely remove in few days because gear box is new and it will take some days to adjust. Need your expert opinion...

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,851
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    8
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Also ask mechanic to make sure its Engine RPMs are set to its ideal RPMs.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.adnan.sw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Also ask mechanic to make sure its Engine RPMs are set to its ideal RPMs.
    Thanks for your reply. I already asked him and he said RPMs are set to its real position.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,851
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    8
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engr.adnan.sw View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I already asked him and he said RPMs are set to its real position.
    then its good.
    did he check with RPM gun/meter or set them manually?
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.adnan.sw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    then its good.
    did he check with RPM gun/meter or set them manually?
    Yep he checked with rpm meter.... not manually... but still i am having slight jerk....

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    why was the gearbox changed recently?
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,851
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    8
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engr.adnan.sw View Post
    Yep he checked with rpm meter.... not manually... but still i am having slight jerk....
    Good. I asked this because I was having same problem with my car too (2JZ engine) and after little struggle I found the RPMs were high. When they set to normal, the jerk became very very normal.

    Now, as you said the Jerk was heavy earlier but after 2 days its very less. So I think it has already become normal or will be in couple of days.
    If not, then can discuss again.

    Did you change the gear oil ?
    if yes, then which gear oil you used?
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.adnan.sw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    why was the gearbox changed recently?
    Yar it is a long story... but in short he used ATF gear oil instead of CVT so when i was changing gear from P to D or R tu ghari band ho rahi thi than i checked with 3 or 4 mechanics they said you have to change your gear box...

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.adnan.sw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Good. I asked this because I was having same problem with my car too (2JZ engine) and after little struggle I found the RPMs were high. When they set to normal, the jerk became very very normal.

    Now, as you said the Jerk was heavy earlier but after 2 days its very less. So I think it has already become normal or will be in couple of days.
    If not, then can discuss again.

    Did you change the gear oil ?
    if yes, then which gear oil you used?
    Yes bro i changed the gear oil and i used toyota CVT gear oil 08886-02105. Yes it is very slight now but in my previous gear box us mein tu feel bb nh hota tha...

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    hatobacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    47
    Posts
    155
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    After the jerk is there a slight lag before the car moves or does it move as soon as you put it in D like a normal automatic car if there's a lag then the reason can be that your new gearbox is also faulty.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DrUsmanNawaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Wah cantt
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,939
    Follows
    19
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Gear box cannot be new as it would have been removed from some other used car...
    Keep Faith in Allah...

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.adnan.sw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hatobacho View Post
    After the jerk is there a slight lag before the car moves or does it move as soon as you put it in D like a normal automatic car if there's a lag then the reason can be that your new gearbox is also faulty.
    when i put to D after 2 3 seconds there is a jerk than car moves normally...

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.adnan.sw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrUsmanNawaz View Post
    Gear box cannot be new as it would have been removed from some other used car...
    Yes Dr sb: the gear box is not new. it is removed from other car...

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    hatobacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    47
    Posts
    155
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engr.adnan.sw View Post
    when i put to D after 2 3 seconds there is a jerk than car moves normally...
    Yes that is correct, the gearbox is faulty... if its kabli then you can get it changed i'm sure, in the layman terms when you put it in d it should move right away but theres something blocking then all of a sudden it gets the thing needed when you feel the jerk and it starts moving normally

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.adnan.sw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hatobacho View Post
    Yes that is correct, the gearbox is faulty... if its kabli then you can get it changed i'm sure
    Yes it is kabli and he gives me 4 days checking warranty...

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,851
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    8
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hatobacho View Post
    Yes that is correct, the gearbox is faulty... if its kabli then you can get it changed i'm sure, in the layman terms when you put it in d it should move right away but theres something blocking then all of a sudden it gets the thing needed when you feel the jerk and it starts moving normally
    I have Crown (2jz), when i shift from N to D without pushing brake Paddle, it moves immediately.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    hatobacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    47
    Posts
    155
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    I have Crown (2jz), when i shift from N to D without pushing brake Paddle, it moves immediately.
    All automatic cars move immediately the lag only happens when theres a faulty transmission and you can shift from n to d wo pressing brake but have to press break if its to shift from parking, thats for new cars. lock of some old cars gets free with time and we in Pakistan don't bother with repairing it.

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engr.adnan.sw View Post
    Hi Members,

    I need help/suggestion regarding my passo model 2010 (new Shape) Issue. Recently i have changed my gear box. Now problem is that when i put gear from P to D or R it gets slight jerk, initially the jerk was heavy but after 2 days driving it became very slight. my mechanic continuously asking me that jerk will completely remove in few days because gear box is new and it will take some days to adjust. Need your expert opinion...
    get the CVT Oil Pressure Calibration done the ECU does not know that you had changed the Gear box so you had to tell it by the calibration also it will adjust the parameters. Plus analyze the OIL PRESSURE at idle and get it tested with the help of active testing and post the pressure results here so we can know what actually is going on in the transmission.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •