Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Best Transmission Oil for Toyota passo 2013

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    dimpydembra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Best Transmission Oil for Toyota passo 2013

    Kindly tell me about the Transmission Oil , at what level (Kilometers) i have to change Oil and which Oil (Brand) is best for Passo 2013 Automatic?

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Best Answer
    Community Votes: 3
    Change CVT fluid every 40,000 kms. And use original Toyota CVT fluid.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    dimpydembra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thank You Very much

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    sharjeel1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed96 View Post
    Change CVT fluid every 40,000 kms. And use original Toyota CVT fluid.
    Is it necessary after 40,000 Kms I mean if condition of Oil seems still good should I change even then ?

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharjeel1987 View Post
    Is it necessary after 40,000 Kms I mean if condition of Oil seems still good should I change even then ?
    What is the oil's color? It should be pink/light pink in color.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    sharjeel1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed96 View Post
    What is the oil's color? It should be pink/light pink in color.
    Its pink. But the car doesn't move without pressing accelerator when on 'D' mode.

    Is it due to transmission oil ?

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharjeel1987 View Post
    Its pink. But the car doesn't move without pressing accelerator when on 'D' mode.

    Is it due to transmission oil ?
    Are you disengaing the parking brake?

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    sharjeel1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed96 View Post
    Are you disengaing the parking brake?
    Thats something very much known to me bro. I have been driving cars for about 10 years. Tell me if there's something special with disengaging parking brakes. I asked because i have honda city and toyota premio as well these cars start moving once on D mode.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharjeel1987 View Post
    Thats something very much known to me bro. I have been driving cars for about 10 years. Tell me if there's something special with disengaging parking brakes. I asked because i have honda city and toyota premio as well these cars start moving once on D mode.
    I know that. But Passo has parking brake next to brake pedal unlike others.

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    This could be due to transmission oil. Btw how much is your Passo driven? And was CVT oil changee before?

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    sharjeel1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed96 View Post
    This could be due to transmission oil. Btw how much is your Passo driven? And was CVT oil changee before?
    Its 45k km driven now. I learned to change after 40k kms but every time i turn to my mechanic he refuses to change saying its not needed (btw he says 40k kms is limit but oil looks good now may be its factory filed therefore u can drive some more kms) i just wanted to be confirmed.

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    qasim.raza.5872's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    16
    Posts
    212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharjeel1987 View Post
    Its 45k km driven now. I learned to change after 40k kms but every time i turn to my mechanic he refuses to change saying its not needed (btw he says 40k kms is limit but oil looks good now may be its factory filed therefore u can drive some more kms) i just wanted to be confirmed.
    You should not take any risk IMO!
    Get it changed anyway.

    Sent from my Infinix-X551 using PW Forums mobile app

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    sharjeel1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qasim.raza.5872 View Post
    You should not take any risk IMO!
    Get it changed anyway.

    Sent from my Infinix-X551 using PW Forums mobile app
    Thanks every one, changed the oil.. lets see whats the result.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    Naeem284's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Wah cantt
    Age
    46
    Posts
    311
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharjeel1987 View Post
    Thanks every one, changed the oil.. lets see whats the result.
    Please share your observations after this activity.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    vcdwonderful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Also tell that how the transmission oil was changed i mean procedure

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •