0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need suggestions regarding engine repair or change of passo 2007

I have recently bought passo 2007 model, it was my first experience of buying a used vehicle so obviously it didn't went well. I didn't knew how to check engine condition etc. When i bought it, it was giving 11 Km/L Avg, I got the engine oil changed from Panj sarki petrol pump sadar Rawalpindi. Only half litter oil came out of the car, I have used HX 5 oil. Car Km/L average rose upto 17km/L, i was soo happy at that time but it short lived when it started decreasing and stopped at 10 Km/L, now it is giving 13 Km/L. It also gives white smoke at high RPM. I have to get the engine repair or changed, that is where i need suggestion from you guys. I need to know that if i go for engine change can I get the one with eco installed, which came in later models. Secondly after engine change i have to get the new engine number replaced on the documents too, would that be a problem if i would sale the vehicle later in time. Second option is to repair the old engine, a mechanic suggested that he would just change the inner parts of the engine( most probably he was talking about piston or something) with the kabli one so that the engine number would remain the same, he sounded fishy, whats your opinion about this. He is also giving warranty of 10 days. Can you guys also suggest a good mechanic in Islamabad/Rawalpindi area.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro its all up to your satisfaction, changing engine is a con as when you would like to sell it off ppl will question about engine change and normally ppl are reluctant to buy, thought it wont matter but practically in Pakistan it matters.
    But as u stated its 2007 model so it will not effect much on the sale price

On the other hand if you have good Mechanic then you may go with the Engine repair otherwise if mechanic is not sound, he might mess with the engine and ultimately you might be taking decision to swap later on

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    May Allah give us strength to extend happiness around us

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1st locate a workshop which can perform compression test over the engine. only then you can be sure of actual problem. It may be valve seals only which need replacement. SWAP is a NO. .. as nobody know where from that scrap is imported for how long it is been eating dust in the yard.

I have tagged few members who will be able to offer you honest help in Rawalpindi Islamabad area

rebuild the engine with maximum oem parts if it is necessary | swap is NOT a wise choice u need to modify the engine number on the regn documents as well
    @Storm @spectra @Vajih102 @rozzzzz @SER_GTR

Quote Originally Posted by talha.saleem202 View Post
    I have recently bought passo 2007 model, it was my first experience of buying a used vehicle so obviously it didn't went well. I didn't knew how to check engine condition etc. When i bought it, it was giving 11 Km/L Avg, I got the engine oil changed from Panj sarki petrol pump sadar Rawalpindi. Only half litter oil came out of the car, I have used HX 5 oil. Car Km/L average rose upto 17km/L, i was soo happy at that time but it short lived when it started decreasing and stopped at 10 Km/L, now it is giving 13 Km/L. It also gives white smoke at high RPM. I have to get the engine repair or changed, that is where i need suggestion from you guys. I need to know that if i go for engine change can I get the one with eco installed, which came in later models. Secondly after engine change i have to get the new engine number replaced on the documents too, would that be a problem if i would sale the vehicle later in time. Second option is to repair the old engine, a mechanic suggested that he would just change the inner parts of the engine( most probably he was talking about piston or something) with the kabli one so that the engine number would remain the same, he sounded fishy, whats your opinion about this. He is also giving warranty of 10 days. Can you guys also suggest a good mechanic in Islamabad/Rawalpindi area.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestion, i will definitely go for the compression test. I just need to know the cost and best mechanic for that. Hopefully the members you have tagged would help me in this regard.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1st Get COmpression Test Done Dry/Wet And Make Sure Its Actually Ring Pistons Leaking Compression...Oil Consumption Can Be Due To Many Factors...Valve Seals Are Most Likely Too....

2ndly...Mileage Depends On Sensor Condition As Well As Engine...So Get It OBD Tested To Make Sure Sensor Are Working Fine And Nothing Is Wrong With Them....
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List