0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Total Quartz 5000 Engine Oil

Aoa guys i am a new owner of Toyota passo 2014 model and after buying it ive changed its engine oil (Total Quartz 5000) and after running 3000kms i preferred it to change but Mechanic from F6 TOTAL pump said that its clean n Yellow n you can still run 1000kms more with this same oil !!
    So now my question is do i need to change the oil as ive heard that engine oil have to be changed after 3000kms of running or it could run 1000kms more as mechanic said ??

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ejstiffler View Post
    Aoa guys i am a new owner of Toyota passo 2014 model and after buying it ive changed its engine oil (Total Quartz 5000) and after running 3000kms i preferred it to change but Mechanic from F6 TOTAL pump said that its clean n Yellow n you can still run 1000kms more with this same oil !!
    So now my question is do i need to change the oil as ive heard that engine oil have to be changed after 3000kms of running or it could run 1000kms more as mechanic said ??

Total Quartz 5000 must be the most poorest choice for this engine. Soon you will be knowing that your engine has become musician and produces various kinds of sounds. Then you will start spending money and ultimately swap it.

Plz read many older threads & posts in this section and you will find that recommended engine oil for Passor 1KR-FE is 0w-20 SN Grade.
    So here are your choices

First Choice : 5w-20
    2nd Choice: 0w-30
    3rd Choice: 5-30
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Total Quartz 5000 Engine Oil

Can u suggest me exactly the names of engine oil and their specs along with their some details for 1kRFE engines !!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Total Quartz 5000 must be the most poorest choice for this engine. Soon you will be knowing that your engine has become musician and produces various kinds of sounds. Then you will start spending money and ultimately swap it.

Plz read many older threads & posts in this section and you will find that recommended engine oil for Passor 1KR-FE is 0w-20 SN Grade.
    So here are your choices

First Choice : 5w-20
    2nd Choice: 0w-30
    3rd Choice: 5-30
    Can u suggest me oils in 5w - 20 and 0w - 30 along with company ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can u suggest me oils in 5w - 20 and 0w - 30 along with company ??

But according to our environment which is best for 1krfe and my passo has just completed 32000kms yesterday !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can run it for 5000 KMs safe. Should be no issue.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Total Quartz is 10w-40 SN grade oil and is ok for your engine. infact it is more suited for hotter weather conditions so more protective for your engine in Pakistani weather and should be ok.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    Total Quartz is 10w-40 SN grade oil and is ok for your engine. infact it is more suited for hotter weather conditions so more protective for your engine in Pakistani weather and should be ok.
    Thanx bro .. but some people are saying that its bad quality oil for low milage car !!
    And a lot of them have recommended me 5w-30 grade oil !!
    What do u say ?? Does 5w-30 is better than 10w-40 grade ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx bro .. but some people are saying that its bad quality oil for low milage car !!
    And a lot of them have recommended me 5w-30 grade oil !!
    What do u say ?? Does 5w-30 is better than 10w-40 grade ?

5w-30 fully synthetic should give you better milage. other than that both oils should work ok with your engine. shouldn't be an issue.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

5w-30 fully synthetic should give you better milage. other than that both oils should work ok with your engine. shouldn't be an issue.
    Ok thanx a lot bro !!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

N which company's engine oil you would prefer ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Using liqui moly special tec 5w-30 in my grande and in a vitz 2012 model and a wagon R 2015 model without any issues.
    So far the best oil. Although price is on a higher side
    You can use it for 6k kms easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My 2SZ-FE 1.3 vitz has a sticker inside its bonnet suggesting 0w-20 oil. To address that i was able to find Zic A+ 5w-20 however i experienced power loss and increased knocking in the car.

(Plz note that i had used Zic A+ in my Margallah for 3 years and 100K KMs so i know it is a very very good engine oil).

So i switched to Micking Fully Synthetic Max Premium 5w-50 API SM oil and have been using it for nearly year and a half now. It costs me 3200 Rs with the change interval of 5000 KMs (suitable combination of cost affectiveness and highest possible grade oil since Mobil 5w-50 costs around 5000 Rs).

Now the reason to choose 5w-50 was that the car was previously maintained by toyota ISB and they had been pouring in 20W-50 Toyota petron in it. Since the car has more than 120K KMs on the odo so i assumed that the clearance in the engine seals has increased as compared to the new engine so light weight oils like 5w-20 didnt allow the engine to make the expected compression so i experienced increase knocking.

Since 5w oils are usually more fuel efficient so i opted for 5w-50. 5w for fuel efficiency and better lubrication at cold start ups and 50 weight for hotter operating conditions and traffic jams in pakistan.

as a result knocking reduced by 90% and i am getting the fuel economy of around 12-15KM/L with AC in City.

Please remember that 5w-50 oil has higher viscosity index (better lubrication at higher temperatures) as compared to 5w-30 oil.

5w-30 oil should be cheaper than 5w-50 however to keep the maintenance cost low toyota says its ok to work with 5w-30.

my suggestion is to opt for shell ultra 5w-40 gray box API SN fully synthetic oil since you will be able to get it easily (micking is not readily available in market usually) and enjoy your ride. once it has been driven around 100K KMs you can increase the oil rating to 5w-50 viscosity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

or you can get toyota taglon 5w-50 api SN fully synthetic too. it should cost 3K Rs for 4 Litres.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My 2SZ-FE 1.3 vitz has a sticker inside its bonnet suggesting 0w-20 oil. To address that i was able to find Zic A+ 5w-20 however i experienced power loss and increased knocking in the car.
    You vitz must be japan import
    That sticker inside the bonet suggesting 0w-20 suggest the grade to be used in japan
    Weather in pakistan is different then it is in japan so all the pakistani manufactureres in their car manuals suggest 10w30 or 5w30 for pakistan.

And 5w does not have any connection to the fuel economy. It is the measure index of viscosity of engine oil at 0 degree centigrate. So its a winter grade. 0w oil will be good till -30 degrees and lower and 5w is good for -16 degrees.

Fuel economy of 5w50 will be less than 5w30 becuae the summer grade makes the oil more thicker and hense the engine has to work with more power to operate resulting in low fuel economy.
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota petron plus 10w30

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

5w30 or 10w30 are two best grades for your car. Dont go above these grades you will suffer from low engine power plus bad fuel economy for nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    5w30 or 10w30 are two best grades for your car. Dont go above these grades you will suffer from low engine power plus bad fuel economy for nothing.

5w-30 is many times better than 10w-30.
    Its grades, characteristics, working, recommendations, etc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    5w-30 is many times better than 10w-30.
    Its grades, characteristics, working, recommendations, etc.
    Its obvious as 5w can go till -16 degree centigrade and not change its viscosity. So better cold starts then 10w30 if you are residing in. Murree.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

(Plz note that i had used Zic A+ in my Margallah for 3 years and 100K KMs so i know it is a very very good engine oil).

So i switched to Micking Fully Synthetic Max Premium 5w-50 API SM oil and have been using it for nearly year and a half now. It costs me 3200 Rs with the change interval of 5000 KMs (suitable combination of cost affectiveness and highest possible grade oil since Mobil 5w-50 costs around 5000 Rs).

Now the reason to choose 5w-50 was that the car was previously maintained by toyota ISB and they had been pouring in 20W-50 Toyota petron in it. Since the car has more than 120K KMs on the odo so i assumed that the clearance in the engine seals has increased as compared to the new engine so light weight oils like 5w-20 didnt allow the engine to make the expected compression so i experienced increase knocking.

Since 5w oils are usually more fuel efficient so i opted for 5w-50. 5w for fuel efficiency and better lubrication at cold start ups and 50 weight for hotter operating conditions and traffic jams in pakistan.

as a result knocking reduced by 90% and i am getting the fuel economy of around 12-15KM/L with AC in City.

Please remember that 5w-50 oil has higher viscosity index (better lubrication at higher temperatures) as compared to 5w-30 oil.

5w-30 oil should be cheaper than 5w-50 however to keep the maintenance cost low toyota says its ok to work with 5w-30.

my suggestion is to opt for shell ultra 5w-40 gray box API SN fully synthetic oil since you will be able to get it easily (micking is not readily available in market usually) and enjoy your ride. once it has been driven around 100K KMs you can increase the oil rating to 5w-50 viscosity.

(My 2SZ-FE 1.3 vitz has a sticker inside its bonnet suggesting 0w-20 oil. To address that i was able to find Zic A+ 5w-20 however i experienced power loss and increased knocking in the car).

tintin1: Knocking because of Engine oil?
    I am using 5w-20 in my car clocked 355K with jumbo size 2JZ engine. And its giving awesome response. No loss of power at all and car runs like new.
    More than dozen experts has suggested me to use 20w-50 because engine is old, but am not going to switch it back.

tintin1: Very unexpected. Margallah is old car and Suzuki never recommends any synthetic or low viscos oils. They always recommends 10w-40 or 20w-50 mineral oils of very old grades even for 2016 model mehrans/bolans/etc.

(So i switched to Micking Fully Synthetic Max Premium 5w-50 API SM oil and have been using it for nearly year and a half now. It costs me 3200 Rs with the change interval of 5000 KMs suitable combination of cost affectiveness and highest possible grade oil since Mobil 5w-50 costs around 5000 Rs).

tintin1: 5w-20 or 5w-30 would be even more suitable for Vitz.

(Now the reason to choose 5w-50 was that the car was previously maintained by toyota ISB and they had been pouring in 20W-50 Toyota petron in it. Since the car has more than 120K KMs on the odo so i assumed that the clearance in the engine seals has increased as compared to the new engine so light weight oils like 5w-20 didnt allow the engine to make the expected compression so i experienced increase knocking).

tintin1: Toyota suggesting/feeding 20w-50 to Vitz. That’s why in junk market the Vitz engines are very easily available.
    And one of the main reason of knocking is Bad Quality Fuel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List