0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Total Quartz 5000 Engine Oil

Aoa guys i am a new owner of Toyota passo 2014 model and after buying it ive changed its engine oil (Total Quartz 5000) and after running 3000kms i preferred it to change but Mechanic from F6 TOTAL pump said that its clean n Yellow n you can still run 1000kms more with this same oil !!
    So now my question is do i need to change the oil as ive heard that engine oil have to be changed after 3000kms of running or it could run 1000kms more as mechanic said ??

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ejstiffler View Post
    Thanx bro .. but some people are saying that its bad quality oil for low milage car !!
    And a lot of them have recommended me 5w-30 grade oil !!
    What do u say ?? Does 5w-30 is better than 10w-40 grade ?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Its not about the Quality.
    Its about manufacturer’s recommendation who recommends 30 as high viscosity as max.
    And if we feed it 40 or 50, Car will still run. But oil choice would be personal and not what company has recommended.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Its obvious as 5w can go till -16 degree centigrade and not change its viscosity. So better cold starts then 10w30 if you are residing in. Murree.
    Its not only about the temperatures because if 5w = -15 Celsius then 20w = -6.6 Celsius
    It means in colder areas its OK to use 20w oil unless the temperature goes down than -7C.

But other characteristics of 5w-30 are to be consider as well which makes it superior.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Total Quartz 5000 Engine Oil

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Its not only about the temperatures because if 5w = -15 Celsius then 20w = -6.6 Celsius
    It means in colder areas its OK to use 20w oil unless the temperature goes down than -7C.

But other characteristics of 5w-30 are to be consider as well which makes it superior.
    Charesteristics of oil depend on how it is formulated by the company. What additives are used in that perticular oil to make it superior.
    It does not depend on grade. Grade maps the temperature and viscosity rating only.

For example. There will be a huge difference in 5w30 of liqui moly and 5w30 of toyota or some cheap brand.

In some cases charesteristics of 10w30 of some good brand like liqui moly or mobil 1 can surpaas the 5w30 of cheap brands

So charesteristics depend on the formulation of oil and additives used in the oil for better engine protection. It does not depend on the grade. Grade only reflects the viscosity rating on different temperatures .
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Previously i was using zic 10w40, on a 100k drove passo and now kixx 5w30 and it has improved fuel efficiency and performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for kixx 5w30 fully synthetic its the best oil for your car.using it in my vitz 2004 for more than 50k kilometers no issues so far..best grade for your car and fuel economy...

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Charesteristics of oil depend on how it is formulated by the company. What additives are used in that perticular oil to make it superior.
    It does not depend on grade. Grade maps the temperature and viscosity rating only.

For example. There will be a huge difference in 5w30 of liqui moly and 5w30 of toyota or some cheap brand.

In some cases charesteristics of 10w30 of some good brand like liqui moly or mobil 1 can surpaas the 5w30 of cheap brands

So charesteristics depend on the formulation of oil and additives used in the oil for better engine protection. It does not depend on the grade. Grade only reflects the viscosity rating on different temperatures .
    i had been looking into characteristics of all major brands different viscosity oils and all oils of major brands including toyota have more or less similar viscosity index values and flash points and other parameters quite comparable to each other. you can also search and verify the same.

Liqui moly is no exception .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    i had been looking into characteristics of all major brands different viscosity oils and all oils of major brands including toyota have more or less similar viscosity index values and flash points and other parameters quite comparable to each other. you can also search and verify the same.

Liqui moly is no exception .
    Its different on paper and in real life.

Sometime paramets are over rated and sometimes underrated

Liqui moly is no exception. But yes it performs way better than toyota oil try it for yourself.

And many formulation charasterestics are not given in the paper or in specs sheet which make a difference.
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its different on paper and in real life.

Sometime paramets are over rated and sometimes underrated

Liqui moly is no exception. But yes it performs way better than toyota oil try it for yourself.

And many formulation charasterestics are not given in the paper or in specs sheet which make a difference.
    What an exactly described fact. Very nice.

LM/Mobil old grade 5w-30 will even perform better than Toyota’s 5w-30 latest grade. Why? Because in PK there is no or very limited concept of running engine oils for longer intervals like 15~20K. While in Europe (specially in Germany), mostly people change oil after 20~30K.
    So Toyota PK may claim their oil as SN Grade (or lets call them overrated) but no one will ever dare to run Toyota’s oil more than 5K.
    Same theory can be apply on Caltex/Shell/Total/PSO oils too which are being blended locally.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List