0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo Engine Check Light Issue After Tuning

Dear Gurus,
    Hope everyone is doing fine.
    I own Toyota Passo 2011 model import 2014 and it was working fine since 2 years, till two days back when during oil change from my regular vendor i asked him to do tuning also. It was only later that i found out that his mechanic for tuning was a new one as the old one had left. Now the problem is that after tuning engine check light turned on when i was driving it later that day. Upon going back to him, he disconnected the terminals, the problem went away but came back again. After that he connected a computer to it and it went away again but came back again. When i was driving back home it statred blinking and i got very worried and decided to take it to authorised workshop. Today in morning i went to Toyota Township motors, they said we do not have IT support for Japanese Cars. Then i went to Toyota Walton Motors, they connected several computers and finally succeeded in connecting. The guy said that there was misfire in engine in cylinder (middle one). He switched this one with the first one, after which the light went away, and i came to office and the light did not come up again. I just want to ask is it enough what he did? I am very concerned about my car as i always take extra care of it. It was a big mistake to get it tuned by local mechanic. Did any of passo owners also encounter same issue? I thought he did not fit the throttle body back correctly or broke any of sensors. Shall I get it rechecked again? How to know if the problem has completely resolved?
    Thank you in advance for answers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if it was not fixed
    the light would come up back again
    (if a sensor malfunction did it ) there is no way to turn it off without replacing the sensor
    re configuration fixed the issue it seems
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Solution
    Always avoid tuning (throttle body cleaning etc.) unless and until your car is giving some problem to you.
    The reason for avoiding is that these Cars do not require regular tuning, and the major reason is that mechancs here will ruin your car while messing with it.
    Also these complex cars requires re-configuration (calibration) of sensors once they got removed and installed again. (injectors, throttle body etc)

According to my knowledge Passo doesnot require configuration for throttle body, but you should take care from now onwards. Even toyota delaership mechanics do not have sufficient knowledge about these cars.

According to the steps performed by toyota (misfire etc) , and if the issue is resolved now, then i guess when your local mechanic cleaned the spark plugs, there was some dirt etc. remained in one plug.
    jiyo aur jeenay do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks to both of you, yes it seems the issue is resolved and i hope it does not come back again. As the car also has to travel on long route between lahore and islamabad once or twice a month and it is very important to have confidence on the car that it will not malfunction while travelling long journey with family.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List