Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 224 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4469
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: Toyota Prius fan club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    addikted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    380
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Prius fan club

    Salam

    More People are buying Prius and soon its going to be a common car in Pakistan .

    Guys Please share your experience , knowledge and comments about this car.

    (Just to give you an idea) :

    FUEL ECONOMY FOR US EPA

    YEAR/MODEL CITY (UNIT: KM /L) HIGHWAY(UNIT: KM/L)
    2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 20.40 19.13
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 21.68 20.40
    2012 PRIUS C (1.5) 22.53 19.55
    2012 PRIUS V (1.8) 18.7 17.0


    FUEL ECONOMY FOR JAPAN 10-15 Mode test

    YEAR/MODEL CITY (UNIT: KM /L) HIGHWAY(UNIT: KM/L)
    2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 35.5 29.6
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 38 32.6
    PRIUS ALPHA(V)(1.8) 31 26.2
    2012 PRIUS AQUA (C )(1.5) 40 35.4



  2. #2421
    PakWheeler Follow
    saad.klair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Today's Average
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1434269511166.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  80.2 KB

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  3. #2422
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    raza1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,206
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amirind52 View Post
    Can someone please help me. The screen on my 2nd Gen 1500cc prius has started showing this recently when I press the map or navigation button. The map does not appear for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    It says "please wait till the map disk is confirmed".


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  4. #2423
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raza1 View Post
    It says "please wait till the map disk is confirmed".

    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Can you please suggest what exactly this means and what is the solution. Does it mean the HDD is damaged?

    Thanks

  5. #2424
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Legal_rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,727
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarmuslim View Post
    Bro just for info
    There is no such thing as a chrome package in any prius variant

    Ppl add them afterwards
    Not making it a chrome package

    Cruise only comes in G variants in 1.8

    HID only comes with LED Lights

    all this added here

    Cruise 5-6k
    HID 6.5K
    Chrome max 20k includes almost all body parts
    😦oh man...
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

  6. #2425
    PakWheeler Follow
    skamran_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    51
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ASA everyone. I need some help. I have 2008 Prius second gen 1500CC since June 2013, It was giving me 16 to 18 Km in the city with normal drive and not live one is suppose to drive prius. Two months back I got I tuned up changed the plugs, changed the air cleaner but after that MY car started to make knocking sound on every speed and the millage dropped down to 9km, then I changed the oil filter and oil “Helix ultra 5w-30”, and filled up my tank with high octane then I noticed that the millage of the car was going up from 9km to 14,5km but still with the engine knocking on every speed till the next tank fill up and suddenly knocking stopped engine was smooth again. Now when I drive my car in a priusly fashion I can get about 17km but after few more stops it just comes back to 14km, the hybrid battery seems ok nothing unusual , I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem, should I get my car reset with the scanner ? If yes the from where? Javed denso? I would really appreciate if some could guide me.
    Regards

  7. #2426
    PakWheeler Follow
    skamran_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    51
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amirind52 View Post
    Can someone please help me. The screen on my 2nd Gen 1500cc prius has started showing this recently when I press the map or navigation button. The map does not appear for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Bro why do you press the map button , there is no Pakistan map installed in a Japaneses car secondly its HDD drive shown in the picture.

  8. #2427
    PakWheeler Follow
    AABBDDuullaahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skamran_s View Post
    ASA everyone. I need some help. I have 2008 Prius second gen 1500CC since June 2013, It was giving me 16 to 18 Km in the city with normal drive and not live one is suppose to drive prius. Two months back I got I tuned up changed the plugs, changed the air cleaner but after that MY car started to make knocking sound on every speed and the millage dropped down to 9km, then I changed the oil filter and oil ?Helix ultra 5w-30?, and filled up my tank with high octane then I noticed that the millage of the car was going up from 9km to 14,5km but still with the engine knocking on every speed till the next tank fill up and suddenly knocking stopped engine was smooth again. Now when I drive my car in a priusly fashion I can get about 17km but after few more stops it just comes back to 14km, the hybrid battery seems ok nothing unusual , I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem, should I get my car reset with the scanner ? If yes the from where? Javed denso? I would really appreciate if some could guide me.
    Regards
    Get your car scanned for any fault codes.
    Did you change your fuel station because quality of fuel is very important in preventing knocking.
    And get the spark plugs gaps adjusted. If you fit new plus you need to adjust their gap to the size dictated in the car's service manual. And use only the plugs recommended in the cars manual. Don't just use ANY plug. It changes the car behaviour quite a lot (atleast i observed an increased consumption after wrong plug instalation)

  9. #2428
    PakWheeler Follow
    japanicarslahore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skamran_s View Post
    ASA everyone. I need some help. I have 2008 Prius second gen 1500CC since June 2013, It was giving me 16 to 18 Km in the city with normal drive and not live one is suppose to drive prius. Two months back I got I tuned up changed the plugs, changed the air cleaner but after that MY car started to make knocking sound on every speed and the millage dropped down to 9km, then I changed the oil filter and oil “Helix ultra 5w-30”, and filled up my tank with high octane then I noticed that the millage of the car was going up from 9km to 14,5km but still with the engine knocking on every speed till the next tank fill up and suddenly knocking stopped engine was smooth again. Now when I drive my car in a priusly fashion I can get about 17km but after few more stops it just comes back to 14km, the hybrid battery seems ok nothing unusual , I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem, should I get my car reset with the scanner ? If yes the from where? Javed denso? I would really appreciate if some could guide me.
    Regards
    Hi,

    Please contact Idress Prius Expert Faisal Town Lahore, he will check your Prius on Original Prius Scanner for nominal charges and give you health report. 03224849961

  10. #2429
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahsan95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    996
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Got Michelin xm2 205/65 R15 for my prius. They r of fresh stock of year 2015.


    Fuel average seems to has increased.
    Now ride has become more stable.
    Ride height seems to be increased.
    With previous tyres there were noises but with these it's absolutely soundless.
    Cornering ability of tyre decreased by small extent.

    Overall experience =excellent
    Attached Images Attached Images     

  11. #2430
    PakWheeler Follow
    anthrax123220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan95 View Post
    Got Michelin xm2 205/65 R15 for my prius. They r of fresh stock of year 2015.


    Fuel average seems to has increased.
    Now ride has become more stable.
    Ride height seems to be increased.
    With previous tyres there were noises but with these it's absolutely soundless.
    Cornering ability of tyre decreased by small extent.

    Overall experience =excellent
    For how much you bought

    Sent from my LG-F320L using Tapatalk

  12. #2431
    PakWheeler Follow
    BubyDuby007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarmuslim View Post
    Cruise

    Artificial Suede Upholstery

    Keyless entry from both driving and passenger door

    Optional Leather

    Optional VSC

    Optional Radar

    Peace for Everyone !
    My keyless entry only working from Driver side. Anyone who can help and let me know how to program the key to work on both doors
    Also, does it not automatically lock the door when you walk away from the car?...2010 1.8 L 3rd gen S package

  13. #2432
    PakWheeler Follow
    BubyDuby007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad94 View Post
    Guys, I need to get a duplicate smart key made, because my prius came with just one smart key. Any one got a duplicate made? How much does it costs? Any place you could recommend in Lahore or Islamabad?
    I asked the guys at Nazir Autos G-8, they said they would program the key for 20k. It seemed too much.
    Any place in ISLAMABAD...I need to get my key programmed also and also get a spare

  14. #2433
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahsan95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    996
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BubyDuby007 View Post
    My keyless entry only working from Driver side. Anyone who can help and let me know how to program the key to work on both doors
    Also, does it not automatically lock the door when you walk away from the car?...2010 1.8 L 3rd gen S package
    Keyless works only on driver side. If u look closely on the driver side door handle, u will notice 2 horizontal lines at the right end of the handle. That's where u touch ure finger to lock the car. It also has touch sensitivity beneath the handle at the right end. So if the upper one becomes faulty u can use the lower one. It won't lock automatically when u walk away from the car.

    This function is only programmed on the driver side door handle.

  15. #2434
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahsan95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    996
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthrax123220 View Post
    For how much you bought

    Sent from my LG-F320L using Tapatalk
    9.9k per tyre

  16. #2435
    PakWheeler Follow
    sohaibdakhni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I got my duplicate key made in Rs.5500

    Keyless system for both front doors is in G touring version.

  17. #2436
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Legal_rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,727
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys my prius 2010 3rd gen gave me 16.3 average in 1202kms. ..i have a heavy foot i admit but whnvr the ice kicks in the instantaneous average bar shows 9km/l till the batts r charging. Is it right? I also wanna know that how to check health of aux 12v battery. Weak 12v can hurt the mpgs? I have a clean air filter n 5 20 oil. Never checked throttle body n plugs though. ..running on 205s...how can i achieve the magic figure of 20 km l after driving it fr 1000kms.
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

  18. #2437
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Legal_rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,727
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Im nt using it fr short trips also...my office commute is 30r/t
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

  19. #2438
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    raza1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,206
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ali255 View Post
    Can you please suggest what exactly this means and what is the solution. Does it mean the HDD is damaged?

    Thanks
    I dont think the HDD is damaged. Its just bcaz it doesnt have pak maps. Simply ignore this message.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  20. #2439
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahsan95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    996
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sohaibdakhni View Post
    I got my duplicate key made in Rs.5500

    Keyless system for both front doors is in G touring version.
    Pleases share the location where u got that made.
    It includes key and programming all?

  21. #2440
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahsan95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    996
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legal_rebel View Post
    Guys my prius 2010 3rd gen gave me 16.3 average in 1202kms. ..i have a heavy foot i admit but whnvr the ice kicks in the instantaneous average bar shows 9km/l till the batts r charging. Is it right? I also wanna know that how to check health of aux 12v battery. Weak 12v can hurt the mpgs? I have a clean air filter n 5 20 oil. Never checked throttle body n plugs though. ..running on 205s...how can i achieve the magic figure of 20 km l after driving it fr 1000kms.
    Keep patience with this car and it will give u 23-24kmpl as u drive on long routes.

    M also using 205 but mostly city driving in dense traffic of karachi
    Still manage to get 17-18kmpl with Ac.

    Switch to ECO mode if running on PWR or normal mode.
    Try to accelerate normally and keep in first half of ECO bar as much as u can.
    Avoid hard braking and give ure car sufficient time to brake so ure battery gets more charge than abrupt braking.

    Use AC according to ure requirement and not on climate control :p
    Check tyre air pressure and keep 30psi in all
    Switch engine oil to 5w30
    Check spark plugs and if worn then buy new ones oem


    For checking battery I did one physical experiment. Drove the car in PWR mode without AC at high speeds of 120-130 (very heavy foot). So when the battery was charged full (all the bars filled in battery icon) I came to a halt, reset trip meter, switch to ECO mode then EV) electric vehicle) , AC off and drove as lightly as I could till the EV icon flashed and disappeared. Noted the distance travelled. Also make sure that u do not cross 60kmph on EV or else's Ev will deactivate.
    Unfortunately I don't remember the figure as I did this in winter.
    Will do again and post here.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •