Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 4469
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: Toyota Prius fan club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    addikted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    380
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Prius fan club

    Salam

    More People are buying Prius and soon its going to be a common car in Pakistan .

    Guys Please share your experience , knowledge and comments about this car.

    (Just to give you an idea) :

    FUEL ECONOMY FOR US EPA

    YEAR/MODEL CITY (UNIT: KM /L) HIGHWAY(UNIT: KM/L)
    2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 20.40 19.13
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 21.68 20.40
    2012 PRIUS C (1.5) 22.53 19.55
    2012 PRIUS V (1.8) 18.7 17.0


    FUEL ECONOMY FOR JAPAN 10-15 Mode test

    YEAR/MODEL CITY (UNIT: KM /L) HIGHWAY(UNIT: KM/L)
    2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 35.5 29.6
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 38 32.6
    PRIUS ALPHA(V)(1.8) 31 26.2
    2012 PRIUS AQUA (C )(1.5) 40 35.4



  2. #2581
    PakWheeler Follow
    mohammed_ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    If its a 15" rim, tires change. If it's the 16" rim, then spacer is your only option(along with stock rims)
    Quote Originally Posted by AABBDDuullaahh View Post
    If you need good ground clearance go for spacers. If you're looking for VERY good clearance change it's rear springs..
    messing with the tyre size would bring negative affects later on in its life, especially to the suspension
    Thanks .
    Its with stock tyres and 15 inch steel rims .
    And suggest some tyres options do I have . My main concern is ride comfort and economy . I can overlook grip and looks as I don't fly it :-p .
    I am considering Michelin energy saver in the attached image . It is around 9700 per tyre . One of my friend is using these in his prius and he is very satisfied with them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #2582
    PakWheeler Follow
    lalib10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    1
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_mk View Post
    i m also in same boat

    i had da plan for new shape city.but no sign of its launch this year.so i made my mind for current shape.but sum 1 suggest me to look for prius.cos i m paying near 1.9m on city 1.5AT.and prius i search n found from 2m.whihc is in my range.

    so i found,g and S varients in it.i also wana know.wts diffrence in these?
    1 is jap model.other is uk.but which 1 is best?

    and wt differ in jap models (S & G) ?
    What I have learned reading this thread and many other threads is that some have quoted that UK Prius engines are not built for hot weathers like in Pakistan because they have built it according to the weather conditions in UK which are cold and seeing that in Pakistan in Winters the average drops little bit so in UK they mostly have cold weather so they built an engine which can withstand cold and give a mileage that a Prius should give no matter winter or summer, they have smaller radiators or something. You do get the function of English display though.



    b. S-Package (With Fog lights and TV/DVD/Navigation) - not always

    c. G-Package (Same as S But with Leather stitched steering and Cruise Control) - not always

  4. #2583
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Guys any idea when is new Prius coming? I guess it will be unveiled in Tokyo Auto Show in October 2015

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  5. #2584
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman_mk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    37
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thats really helpfull.

    btw i find many options of 2010 model in 20 or even low.

    but personally i like 2011 shape.sum pplz demand it 20 n sum 21,22.all claim its 4 grade n totally neat condition.but ma b its due to internal condition of car (body,battery,engine)
    we can check bosy condition,milage etc but how we check battery condition of prius?

    n 1 more thing,can we change its language from jap to english (car errors n further details,not just navigation)

  6. #2585
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_mk View Post
    thats really helpfull.

    btw i find many options of 2010 model in 20 or even low.

    but personally i like 2011 shape.sum pplz demand it 20 n sum 21,22.all claim its 4 grade n totally neat condition.but ma b its due to internal condition of car (body,battery,engine)
    we can check bosy condition,milage etc but how we check battery condition of prius?

    n 1 more thing,can we change its language from jap to english (car errors n further details,not just navigation)
    There are certain procedures that check the battery condition.
    1) once the car is warmed up, press the accelerator slightly and let the engine start and turn off. Do this a few times and check if there is any unnecessary vibration.
    2) change the gears consecutively for about 45 seconds, if the battery has an issue, it will give an error after a few changes. By gear change I mean, D N R D B R N etc

  7. #2586
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    You can change the language but then when the start up battery is disconnected or dies, the software goes back to japanese

  8. #2587
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman_mk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    37
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thanx its v usefull tips for noobs like me :p

    btw mostly pplz dsnt have aution sheet.n who have that,demand much more then others.

    sum pplz say,aution sheet is more mandatory,sum pplz make it fake.so how much its importent for future use like resale.n how i now that sheet is original?cos heard after 3,4 monthes we can trace the details of aution sheet :/

  9. #2588
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_mk View Post
    thanx its v usefull tips for noobs like me :p

    btw mostly pplz dsnt have aution sheet.n who have that,demand much more then others.

    sum pplz say,aution sheet is more mandatory,sum pplz make it fake.so how much its importent for future use like resale.n how i now that sheet is original?cos heard after 3,4 monthes we can trace the details of aution sheet :/
    Auction sheet is valid for two months only, makes no sense for us but people in the market now have a trend "auction sheet honi chahiye". But then again this is the same market that buys 1.3 corolla over a 1.6 because it sells. So if you prefer resale, get one with an auction sheet, otherwise it's useless to you unless it's a fresh import vehicle

  10. #2589
    PakWheeler Follow
    burnoutrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    You can change the language but then when the start up battery is disconnected or dies, the software goes back to japanese
    Can u kindly guide me on how to change the language? The starter battery only needs to be disconnected when it is being replaced. And there are workarounds for that too.

  11. #2590
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burnoutrevenge View Post
    Can u kindly guide me on how to change the language? The starter battery only needs to be disconnected when it is being replaced. And there are workarounds for that too.
    There are CDs available with car audio shops. But if you are a bit of a technical fellow and can deal with simple jobs, there is a thread on pakwheels where a torrent link is provided for different models of Toyota audio systems. Those softwares can be written to disk and installed by themselves.
    The shops charge 500 for the software

  12. #2591
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman_mk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    37
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    so in end,wts ur opinion guys if i go with 3,4 years used prius compare to brand new 1.5 City?

  13. #2592
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_mk View Post
    so in end,wts ur opinion guys if i go with 3,4 years used prius compare to brand new 1.5 City?
    Depends on your usage and priorities and skills

  14. #2593
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_mk View Post
    so in end,wts ur opinion guys if i go with 3,4 years used prius compare to brand new 1.5 City?
    Prius anyday! Even if compared with Civic or Corolla, Prius is way better than these in a lot of aspects!


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  15. #2594
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_mk View Post
    so in end,wts ur opinion guys if i go with 3,4 years used prius compare to brand new 1.5 City?
    Prius is better no doubt but only if you find a clean one

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  16. #2595
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman_mk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    37
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Prius anyday! Even if compared with Civic or Corolla, Prius is way better than these in a lot of aspects!


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

    exaple? (other then fual avg)

  17. #2596
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_mk View Post
    exaple? (other then fual avg)
    Ride, built quality, safety, features, technologically, realistically.

  18. #2597
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_mk View Post
    exaple? (other then fual avg)
    City is fast but not comfortable at all, though stable at high speeds (sort of) thanks to the rock hard suspension which breaks your backbone!
    Corolla is good looking and is decently powerful but when it comes to stability, it lacks behind to some extent. Comfort level is very high though, perfect car for our roads.
    Civic has a nice interior but a boring shape, plus the car is not comfortable even on expensive tires, the suspension is stiff, and it is not stable as well at high speeds.
    Prius is simultaneously comfortable, fast, stable and has a lot of safety features absent in our local sedans, the fuel economy is just an added advantage to be honest, the car is a treat to drive.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  19. #2598
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman_mk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    37
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Depends on your usage and priorities and skills
    my 1st car reach 31000km after 5 years.not too much useage.

    but worry abt maintenance n khucha from old car.cos new dnt give u chance till 50000km.which is 5,6 years for me.

    other side prius ll b atleast 50,60k used already.so y didnt take dicision yet

  20. #2599
    PakWheeler Follow
    usman_mk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    37
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    City is fast but not comfortable at all, though stable at high speeds (sort of) thanks to the rock hard suspension which breaks your backbone!
    Corolla is good looking and is decently powerful but when it comes to stability, it lacks behind to some extent. Comfort level is very high though, perfect car for our roads.
    Civic has a nice interior but a boring shape, plus the car is not comfortable even on expensive tires, the suspension is stiff, and it is not stable as well at high speeds.
    Prius is simultaneously comfortable, fast, stable and has a lot of safety features absent in our local sedans, the fuel economy is just an added advantage to be honest, the car is a treat to drive.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

    hhmmm that wt i m looking for.but keep in mind,i dont have high budget.my range is 20 to 21.might collect sum more if get really good option like 2012 shape.

    but in my range i dont think i ll get top noch model (fully loaded in features wise)

  21. #2600
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_mk View Post
    my 1st car reach 31000km after 5 years.not too much useage.

    but worry abt maintenance n khucha from old car.cos new dnt give u chance till 50000km.which is 5,6 years for me.

    other side prius ll b atleast 50,60k used already.so y didnt take dicision yet
    If you want something pleasurable to drive, buy a prius. If you want something practical, go for a civic or corolla. If you want something that is really not worth the money but will sell well at the end of the day. Go for a 1.5 city. A new basic civic is my first option given you don't drive much. A corolla can only be given preference over the civic if the 1.6 is affordable to you.
    But hey, this is just my opinion and experience, feel free to criticize or disagree

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •