Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 224 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 4470
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: Toyota Prius fan club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    addikted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    380
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Prius fan club

    Salam

    More People are buying Prius and soon its going to be a common car in Pakistan .

    Guys Please share your experience , knowledge and comments about this car.

    (Just to give you an idea) :

    FUEL ECONOMY FOR US EPA

    YEAR/MODEL CITY (UNIT: KM /L) HIGHWAY(UNIT: KM/L)
    2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 20.40 19.13
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 21.68 20.40
    2012 PRIUS C (1.5) 22.53 19.55
    2012 PRIUS V (1.8) 18.7 17.0


    FUEL ECONOMY FOR JAPAN 10-15 Mode test

    YEAR/MODEL CITY (UNIT: KM /L) HIGHWAY(UNIT: KM/L)
    2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 35.5 29.6
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 38 32.6
    PRIUS ALPHA(V)(1.8) 31 26.2
    2012 PRIUS AQUA (C )(1.5) 40 35.4



  2. #341
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hsnmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,192
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dasche View Post
    do you really think that running cars at higher speed causes damage to engine or car performace?

    I have seen too many priuses since last 3 months. more than 90% of them were Japanese models and most of them were repaired or had huge mileage. UK models were better in condition and with less mileage. So my conclusion is to go for UK model or get a very very neat and clean un-repaired Japan model and this is hard/rare to find.
    If a car is run mostly at higher speeds like +- 140km/h i think it will effect the engine. I agree that finding a clean genuine car would be difficult. I have self imported mine from Japan with genuine mileage of 57000 and 4.5 grade 2008 S 10th anniversary. Its a beauty inside out

  3. #342
    PakWheeler Follow
    dasche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    what was the total cost you had bear for that? Mind sharing some pics?

    Quote Originally Posted by hsnmz View Post
    If a car is run mostly at higher speeds like +- 140km/h i think it will effect the engine. I agree that finding a clean genuine car would be difficult. I have self imported mine from Japan with genuine mileage of 57000 and 4.5 grade 2008 S 10th anniversary. Its a beauty inside out

  4. #343
    PakWheeler Follow
    OmRON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @zeeshan_gims

    Our 2005 honda city gives us 18+ Km in city and 22+ km on highway, with gentle driving style, Part are relatively easy to find,
    your math wins, This is something what I did when I heard Prius. Batteries of prius are I think hard to find.

    I will stick to my 2005 Honda city


    Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan_gims View Post
    Guys I,ve done some research and calculations on prius.
    Right now I,ve 1998 civic, wanted to change the car. People say prius is very economical, I did some calculations, to see how much do I save if I buy a prius.
    To compare the economy of prius with my car, I drove my car with very light foot and kept RPM below 2, and drove arround 300Km routine driving. It gave me 13km/L petrol consumption.
    Toyota company claims that prius 2006-2008 gives 5L/100Km of fuel, i.e, 20Km/L
    I bought my car in 2005 for arround 7lack, After driving my car 100000Km in 7 years, I used 7692L of petrol.
    If I drive prius 100000Km in 7 years, it will use 5000L of petrol.
    I will save 2692L of fuel in 7 years. Now a days price is Rs106/L, suppose it will increase to Rs115/L, I will save Rs3,09580 worth fuel in 7 years.
    These cars are used cars, and most of the times they reverse the meter readings, you have to change battery after an year or so, so subtracting the price of batteries i.e, Rs1,50000. You are left with Rs1,59000 of saving.
    Now talking about the resale. After 7 years, my honda civic 1998 will be sold arround 8 lac, giving me 1 lac profit, and considering the price you loose after selling prius, plus the headache you'll be having in keeping prius in Pakistan( spare parts, mechanics and technical assistance not available).
    In my understanding, actually you are loosing alot instaed of saving.

  5. #344
    PakWheeler Follow
    dasche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    brothers are 100% right about that but its not only about how economical prius is. Its about options, drive and comfort. Drive it once to feel the ultimate difference. There is no doubt that prius is a car from future. Local manufacturers may not produce such thing even after a decade. Under two million rupees, there is no such thing other than prius. Its the bmw of the poor people.

  6. #345
    PakWheeler Follow
    bilalalam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    449
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    btw bilal - you never answered my question..
    Come again?
    Drive carefully! Remember, it's not only a car that can be recalled by it's maker.

  7. #346
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hsnmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,192
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dasche View Post
    what was the total cost you had bear for that? Mind sharing some pics?
    I paid around 1750000. Pics i dont have currently

  8. #347
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,403
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilalalam View Post
    Come again?
    I asked you to explain/expand your last comment towards me..
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  9. #348
    PakWheeler Follow
    nabeel112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Just got changed water pump. Mechanic told ma that they usually get complain for water pumps in prius. It costed me 12,500 and will last for 70,000 to 80,000. For all prius owners, you can easily check yourself if your water pump is working or not. So I save around 10,000 to 15,000 rupees per month on petrol. For all those who were complaining k yah ho jayay ga woh ho jayay ga aur sari saving chali jayay ge, guys thori c research karlo phir confidence k sath likha karo. Though parts are expensive but all genuine parts of civic and toyota are expensive as well. I am talking about GENUINE parts. A mechanic told me that chinese version of prius parts are now being imported so woh sastay milay ***.

  10. #349
    PakWheeler Follow
    dasche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nabeel112 View Post
    Just got changed water pump. Mechanic told ma that they usually get complain for water pumps in prius. It costed me 12,500 and will last for 70,000 to 80,000........
    so nabeel sab. how to check if water pump is working or not? Also tell us what happened to your car? how did you know about the problem of water pump in your car?

  11. #350
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sdogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,520
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OmRON View Post
    @zeeshan_gims

    Our 2005 honda city gives us 18+ Km in city and 22+ km on highway, with gentle driving style, Part are relatively easy to find,
    your math wins, This is something what I did when I heard Prius. Batteries of prius are I think hard to find.

    I will stick to my 2005 Honda city
    Assumptions made are incorrect, Prius batery will not need replacement in 1 year, Toyota provides warranty for 2,88000 Kms and if you buy a car with 75000 Kms on ODO you still can go for 200,000 Kms and prius in USA are running with above 400,000 Kms on ODO without battery replacement.Even if you assume 200,000 Kms and you drive 25000 Kms it will be good for 8 years and in those 8 years a lot of money will be saved. If you drive for 24000 kms a year with prius at an average of 22 Km/l (which is what is reported here by owners and elsewhere) you will consume fuel equal to 1090 Liters and now same mileage with a car of say 15 Km/l average will consume 1600 liters so straight away a saving of about 500 liters or 50,000 rupees and in 8 years it will save 4,00,000 Rs. Hopefully with the development of technology in next 8 years the prices of new battery will come down and even if we assume 200,000 cost for that it is still gonna save you a lot of money. Its resale will also increase by each passing years as this is future technology and will be adopted,no doubt about that.

  12. #351
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hsnmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,192
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nabeel112 View Post
    Just got changed water pump. Mechanic told ma that they usually get complain for water pumps in prius. It costed me 12,500 and will last for 70,000 to 80,000. For all prius owners, you can easily check yourself if your water pump is working or not. So I save around 10,000 to 15,000 rupees per month on petrol. For all those who were complaining k yah ho jayay ga woh ho jayay ga aur sari saving chali jayay ge, guys thori c research karlo phir confidence k sath likha karo. Though parts are expensive but all genuine parts of civic and toyota are expensive as well. I am talking about GENUINE parts. A mechanic told me that chinese version of prius parts are now being imported so woh sastay milay ***.
    what is your location and which mechanic did you go to

  13. #352
    PakWheeler Follow
    nabeel112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hsnmz View Post
    what is your location and which mechanic did you go to
    i live in Lahore and I went to javed denso and iqbal pyara.. javed denso attached computer to car and told me that water pump is not working. He asked me 15,000 for just water pump. I went to iqbal pyara he charged me 12,500 including labour. But I will still prefer javed for mechanical and electric work. Moreover toyota charges 5000 for tuning and throttle body service while javed charges 2000,

  14. #353
    PakWheeler Follow
    nabeel112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dasche View Post
    so nabeel sab. how to check if water pump is working or not? Also tell us what happened to your car? how did you know about the problem of water pump in your car?
    well your ac will not work well. U will get 3 check signs in your car and when u restart your car only 2 signs will remain. There is a coolant tank near hybrid engine. If your water pump is working, there will be movement in coolant. Usually life of water pump is 80,000.

  15. #354
    PakWheeler Follow
    bilalalam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    449
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Seen a lot of calculations going on this thread where people are comparing their petrol consumption VS maintenance cost of Hybrid and trying to prove its a waste.
    With all due respect and without being rude may I comment
    1- Any one claiming that an 8-10 year old 1.3 ltr and above car is giving a fuel consumption of 15KM/L - 18K/L etc etc are actually trying to prove the Japanese car makers wrong- even the people who manufactured these cars don't claim their cars can give such consumption. So please recheck your odos.
    2- I have owned a manual 10 model city with the latest iVTEC Honda engine, needless to say most economical and light weight Honda city ever made. I drove it for some 50,000 KM before selling it off, used Hi octane percentage in each tank full, I am a light driver and I kid you not it never crossed 12.5 KM/L. Comparing that to my 07 Prius I save Rs 3400 on each tank full- (City used to cost me Rs 8/KM and Prius costs me 4.54/KM please feel free to challenge my claim.) driving on average 1000 KM/ month it saves me Rs 41,000/year-
    3- Now the Hybrid batteries Issue, which seems to be the worst night mare here.
    a- batteries don't die each year or so
    b-they (kabli type) are available for 35-70 thousand rupees.
    so assuming that the hybrid batteries die every year (that is only after 12,000 KM, which wont happen)

    I am still a winner

    Above all and talking of build quality, the local crappy civics, cities and corollas are no comparison to driving pleasure and the luxuries and the toys that you get in a Prius.

    Lastly, all new and used Prius parts are available- so unavailability of parts is a myth. The petrol engine is the same as your 1.5 Jap corolla / fielder. Prius body and electric motor parts are also available in Peshawar and Bilal Gunj LHR (must be in other cities too) new ones can be had from Amir auto parts Montgomery road.

    Also someone commented here that the water body (of electric motor) only lasts 80K KM. I believe there is no specific service life for water body of a Prius- functionality wise it is like any other petrol or diesel engine water body. so chances of it going bad are as high or as low as any other Diesel or Gasoline motor.
    Drive carefully! Remember, it's not only a car that can be recalled by it's maker.

  16. #355
    PakWheeler Follow
    dasche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilalalam View Post
    ....
    very well said brother.

  17. #356
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,403
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Assumptions made are incorrect, Prius batery will not need replacement in 1 year, Toyota provides warranty for 2,88000 Kms and if you buy a car with 75000 Kms on ODO you still can go for 200,000 Kms and prius in USA are running with above 400,000 Kms on ODO without battery replacement.Even if you assume 200,000 Kms and you drive 25000 Kms it will be good for 8 years and in those 8 years a lot of money will be saved. If you drive for 24000 kms a year with prius at an average of 22 Km/l (which is what is reported here by owners and elsewhere) you will consume fuel equal to 1090 Liters and now same mileage with a car of say 15 Km/l average will consume 1600 liters so straight away a saving of about 500 liters or 50,000 rupees and in 8 years it will save 4,00,000 Rs. Hopefully with the development of technology in next 8 years the prices of new battery will come down and even if we assume 200,000 cost for that it is still gonna save you a lot of money. Its resale will also increase by each passing years as this is future technology and will be adopted,no doubt about that.
    your post is correct assuming that the car will have "ZERO" worth at the EOL of your term of 8 years, Pakistan doesnt work like that, in Pakistan every common car owner considers resale above everything else. Your warranty statement also does not apply in Pakistan. If you want to compare warranties then Hyundai offer 10 year powertrain warranty in the US. meaning that if your Hyundai's engine conks out in 8 years of service due to a fault - you get a new one. I dont think that happens in Pakistan.

    The last statement is also the reason for the massive Hybrid sales in US, the car is warrantied for 5 years, leased from a bank for 3 - returned at residual and the process starts all over. Taxis/rentals etc. all follow the same principle. Most (read as 90%) of the taxis in the US are still old Ford Crown Victorias (they are big heavy cars with bad consumption) - the reason they are owner operated taxis is the cheap availability of parts and servicemen. This has not yet happened with hybrids as the distances are too great in US.

    I can imagine this as a success in a country like UK where RAC or AA will even come to you easily in the middle of nowhere and repair your car or tow you. I cannot see this feasible if your Prius breaks down in Shahzadpur and you are going to Lahore.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  18. #357
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,403
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    All in all it would be great for Pakistan, IF you get support for it as common as a person can get for Honda CD70
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  19. #358
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fahadwizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,383
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The last statement is also the reason for the massive Hybrid sales in US, the car is warrantied for 5 years, leased from a bank for 3 -
    At less than 4%? as compared to 17% here!

  20. #359
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,403
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    At less than 4%? as compared to 17% here!
    volumes are different.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  21. #360
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sdogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,520
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    your post is correct assuming that the car will have "ZERO" worth at the EOL of your term of 8 years, Pakistan doesnt work like that, in Pakistan every common car owner considers resale above everything else. Your warranty statement also does not apply in Pakistan. If you want to compare warranties then Hyundai offer 10 year powertrain warranty in the US. meaning that if your Hyundai's engine conks out in 8 years of service due to a fault - you get a new one. I dont think that happens in Pakistan.

    The last statement is also the reason for the massive Hybrid sales in US, the car is warrantied for 5 years, leased from a bank for 3 - returned at residual and the process starts all over. Taxis/rentals etc. all follow the same principle. Most (read as 90%) of the taxis in the US are still old Ford Crown Victorias (they are big heavy cars with bad consumption) - the reason they are owner operated taxis is the cheap availability of parts and servicemen. This has not yet happened with hybrids as the distances are too great in US.

    I can imagine this as a success in a country like UK where RAC or AA will even come to you easily in the middle of nowhere and repair your car or tow you. I cannot see this feasible if your Prius breaks down in Shahzadpur and you are going to Lahore.
    I mentioned the warranty just to highlight the point earlier by the guy that you will have to change the battery after 1 year, of course there is no warranty in Pakistan.

    Regarding sending the car to be junk after 5 years, i don't know whether to believe you or the study by POLK that 95% of prius sold in last 10 years are still on road.
    Also if the car is difficuilt to maintain and run why the professional magzaines of USA are giving the Prius best value for money :

    1. Best value award by intellichoice 2013 for Prius for passenger car, compact passenger car, and crossover(2013 Best Car Value Awards | Lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) | IntelliChoice.com)
    2. 2013 lowest operating and maintenance cost and retained value by intellichoice.
    3. Best buy award 2013 by consumer guide(Toyota's Prius Tops Consumer Guide(R) Automotive's 2013 Best Buy Awards - Yahoo! Finance)
    4.Why it tops consumer reports best value ratings (Toyota Prius Tops Consumer Reports Ratings - ABC News)
    5. Why the 3 prius models in US sales is growing and currently they are in top 15 USA(cumulative sales) beating the sales of Jetta,golf etc etc.
    6. Why the 40 % of Toyota sales are now of hybrid cars ?
    7. Why in Japan Prius is number one selling car in sales for 3 straight years and the twin priuses(aqua+prius) sell around 38000/month beating their nearest rival by 3 times.
    8.Why prius gets 9.1 rating from consumers on Kelly blue book ?(http://www.kbb.com/toyota/prius/2013...rpage=5&sort=0) and 9 on Edmunds (http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/prius/...r-reviews.html)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •