Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Prius fan club

Salam

More People are buying Prius and soon its going to be a common car in Pakistan .

Guys Please share your experience , knowledge and comments about this car.

(Just to give you an idea) :

FUEL ECONOMY FOR US EPA

YEAR/MODEL CITY (UNIT: KM /L) HIGHWAY(UNIT: KM/L)
    2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 20.40 19.13
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 21.68 20.40
    2012 PRIUS C (1.5) 22.53 19.55
    2012 PRIUS V (1.8) 18.7 17.0

FUEL ECONOMY FOR JAPAN 10-15 Mode test

2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 35.5 29.6
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 38 32.6
    PRIUS ALPHA(V)(1.8) 31 26.2
    2012 PRIUS AQUA (C )(1.5) 40 35.4

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just saw a broken prius being towed away lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by addikted View Post
    @sarmad what was the total cost of getting it to your doorstep.Aunction Grade?

It costed me 19 lakhs 75 Thousand at my doorstep. It is a 4 Grade car. Very Clean! unlike cars at the dealers that are all accidental and repaired locally! Ppl importing Prius in 16 17 lakhs are all accidental and are driven more than 200k kilometres. But the dealers bring them back to 40k!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MFH5 View Post
    Guys, I need advice from u guys.

I want to buy 1500 CC car with full features. Which one among Prius, Axio and Prmio, do u think is the best for Paki roads and driving?

Prius gives better average but there are mechanical and battery issues.
    I am not sure if you would get as many options in Axio as you have in Prius and Premio gets a bit on a higher side (Speaking of the Price).

My Prius has got the following Options:

JBL Sound System (Built in)
    6 In Dash disc Changer
    8 Airbags (You get this many airbags in high end cars)
    Leather Seats
    Leg Space at the back seat is like you are sitting in a E-Class Mercedes (Very Spacious)
    Cruise Control
    16" Alloy Rims
    Extended Bumpers
    Privacy Glass
    AUTO PARKING (Which is hardly used in Pakistan but its a nice feature)
    Controls on Steering Wheel (AC, Track Change, Volume, Bluetooth)

Battery is not a big issue as Toyota is making Prius for 10 years now and not a single complaint of Battery so far. Cars coming here are 5 years old. Toyota here have the computer that they plug-in to check the computer of the car!. I would recommend Prius anytime!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am driving a Toyota prius 2007.. its a beautiful car.. gives an avg 20km/L
    No comparison to any other car of its price and engine capacity.. Its functions are really good.. My car is 236000km driven and still on same battery and no replaced parts.. you can have an idea from the pictures.. I recomend you all to buy this car!!!! Toyota prius fan club!!!! -1049415!!!! Toyota prius fan club!!!! -1049416

6. 28-09-2012, 01:07 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    Spam

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whats the fuel consumption of Prius PLUG-IN Hybrid?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FUEL ECONOMY FOR JAPAN

2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 35.5 29.6
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.5) 38 32.6
    PRIUS ALPHA(V)(1.8) 31 26.2
    2012 PRIUS AQUA (C )(1.5) 40 35.4
    how has high economy as compared ti US?

9. 28-09-2012, 01:23 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    Spam

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so the mileage inside city is more then that on highway? right? must be due to more usage of petrol engine on the highways...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ameerusman The Prius battery life span is 150000 miles as told by toyota but in America in the 10 years or so of Prius none has been replaced for malfunctioning.There are cars that are more than 300000 miles driven and no change required.Cost of Prius battery is 2000$ to 2500 $ .
    New batteries $4,000 refurbished for $2,500 warranty for new is 10 years. i doubt if there is any service centre who can change batteries.
    Jawad Sikka

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in Pakistan we use AC for 10 - 12 months a year. can some one share the stats
    1. AC works on batteries or we need to turn ON the engine ?
    2. Is the above listed economy with AC ON ?
    Jawad Sikka

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam @mfh5
    How much do you travel daily? This will decide if you should go fro Prius .If you travel less than 20 km daily then Prius is not for you it will not give its optimal fuel efficiency.After 20km the Prius will be good in fuel consumption.
    Read the earlier posts for battery.Mechanics of Prius might give you a headache.
    I travel around 20-25 daily.

The major issue I see is its resale after 4-5 years. Only local cars have resale value. Imported cars like fiat, daewoo etc, don't have any resale. Agree?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan_gims View Post
    Guys I,ve done some research and calculations on prius.
    Right now I,ve 1998 civic, wanted to change the car. People say prius is very economical, I did some calculations, to see how much do I save if I buy a prius.
    To compare the economy of prius with my car, I drove my car with very light foot and kept RPM below 2, and drove arround 300Km routine driving. It gave me 13km/L petrol consumption.
    Toyota company claims that prius 2006-2008 gives 5L/100Km of fuel, i.e, 20Km/L
    I bought my car in 2005 for arround 7lack, After driving my car 100000Km in 7 years, I used 7692L of petrol.
    If I drive prius 100000Km in 7 years, it will use 5000L of petrol.
    I will save 2692L of fuel in 7 years. Now a days price is Rs106/L, suppose it will increase to Rs115/L, I will save Rs3,09580 worth fuel in 7 years.
    These cars are used cars, and most of the times they reverse the meter readings, you have to change battery after an year or so, so subtracting the price of batteries i.e, Rs1,50000. You are left with Rs1,59000 of saving.
    Now talking about the resale. After 7 years, my honda civic 1998 will be sold arround 8 lac, giving me 1 lac profit, and considering the price you loose after selling prius, plus the headache you'll be having in keeping prius in Pakistan( spare parts, mechanics and technical assistance not available).
    In my understanding, actually you are loosing alot instaed of saving.

+1
    Im afraid i ll have to agree with this. prius is a great car, no doubt! but our Pakistani car market is sooo pathetic that it wud eventually cause good cars like this one to fail. it will take many many many years before our mechanics will finally start to learn about these cars, right now they just suggest ppl to stay away from them so they dont lose their own business. then the issue with parts. even if we start getting parts, the cost would be so high that it wud balance the savings done on fuel... n then comes the high depreciation on these cars... i'd love to have a prius but i wud not be expecting to save any money in the long run. cng cars are better for saving money...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    so the mileage inside city is more then that on highway? right? must be due to more usage of petrol engine on the highways...
    yep more consumption on highway or long route compare to short route/within city
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zeeshan_gims
    I have never seen any Prius changing battery after an year or so. This is highly misleading, and please correct you facts before pulling them out. Also there have been reported prius driven more than 300,000 KM on the same battery in Australia ! Heres the article :

Toyota Prius taxi tops 340,000mi, dispels battery myth

And further more if you buy a car in the first place you should check the car first. As for resale, you are living in a dream world brother if you think that your 1998 model civic is going to fetch you 8 lac, plus doing the math, even if its sold for 8 lac you are actually at a loss since the value of rupee has fallen down considerably and lets not even mention the amount of fuel youre car has consumed. Youre 98 civic must be one of a kind to give you a considerably good average of 13kmpl, still however there is absolutely no match of prius 20+ average with the type of accessories, drive, comfort and luxury prius has. Lets face it, Hybrids are doing good worldwide, especially Toyota Prius. The new model gives you an average 25 kmpl with the performance output of 140 horse power ! The accessories are those equal or on the par found in high grade luxurious vehicles. There is not a comparison drawn with even the latest honda civic.

As for maintenance, most of the people out there buy a second hand vehicle, change ALL of its fluids, change the tyres and usually even the rims, change the plugs, sometimes even the steroe... the list goes on. What do you do after every 5000 KM of driving your civic ? If you do not change its fluids.. rest assured you are poor at mantenance. There is no actual problem if you come down to solving the problem.
    The only fact that might be a legitimate one presented by you is probably low availability of spare parts, once again there are tons of prius increasing on the road day by day. And if you can literally get a whole vitz 2006+ shape assembled from local markets..we are talking about a car here which was non-existent in Pakistan. Where will be the spare part situation of prius within the next 2-3 years ? Facts say the otherwise and you will see for yourself. Even now i do not think that you have an indicator light broken or a smashed brake light.. you would be left without options. There are many places to get them, once again if you are willing to.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The 3rd gen prius.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilzmafia View Post
    @zeeshan_gims
    I have never seen any Prius changing battery after an year or so. This is highly misleading, and please correct you facts before pulling them out. Also there have been reported prius driven more than 300,000 KM on the same battery in Australia ! Heres the article :

And further more if you buy a car in the first place you should check the car first. As for resale, you are living in a dream world brother if you think that your 1998 model civic is going to fetch you 8 lac, plus doing the math, even if its sold for 8 lac you are actually at a loss since the value of rupee has fallen down considerably and lets not even mention the amount of fuel youre car has consumed. Youre 98 civic must be one of a kind to give you a considerably good average of 13kmpl, still however there is absolutely no match of prius 20+ average with the type of accessories, drive, comfort and luxury prius has. Lets face it, Hybrids are doing good worldwide, especially Toyota Prius. The new model gives you an average 25 kmpl with the performance output of 140 horse power ! The accessories are those equal or on the par found in high grade luxurious vehicles. There is not a comparison drawn with even the latest honda civic.

As for maintenance, most of the people out there buy a second hand vehicle, change ALL of its fluids, change the tyres and usually even the rims, change the plugs, sometimes even the steroe... the list goes on. What do you do after every 5000 KM of driving your civic ? If you do not change its fluids.. rest assured you are poor at mantenance. There is no actual problem if you come down to solving the problem.
    The only fact that might be a legitimate one presented by you is probably low availability of spare parts, once again there are tons of prius increasing on the road day by day. And if you can literally get a whole vitz 2006+ shape assembled from local markets..we are talking about a car here which was non-existent in Pakistan. Where will be the spare part situation of prius within the next 2-3 years ? Facts say the otherwise and you will see for yourself. Even now i do not think that you have an indicator light broken or a smashed brake light.. you would be left without options. There are many places to get them, once again if you are willing to.
    Brother, I have a colleague in university who bought prius one and a half year back he has 2005 prius, he drove it arround 1lac km, he is from karachi and most of his trips were from karachi to islamabad by the road. Now a days his car is giving him serious problems. He is unable to start the car in the morning, have to jump start it, he has changed the 12v battery, but no use. Also his car does not run with air conditioner, does not accelerate well, because high voltage battery is not working. He is trying to find out a new battery, somebody is offering him to import a used battery for Rs 1,50000. He is well aware of places in karachi as well as in Islamabad. But still he failed to replace his car's high voltage batteries. Due to Eid getting nearer, now he is forced to buy new city, I took him to Honda centre and showed him the new city, he is still thinking on tat. Should I buy 2007 Prius after all this going on in front of me. NEVER........

And talking about the luxuries the new car, then why not opt for new civic, or any upmodel luxury car without hybrid system. Why a person should care about 1 or 2 lac of saving in 7 years when he is spending 17 to 19 lac on luxuries and things like tat.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilzmafia View Post
    @zeeshan_gims

Also please read this article

Hybrid vs. Gasoline Vehicle Comparison – Are Hybrid Vehicles Worth it? | Million Dollar Journey

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a.a i m Doctor Husnain from lahore i have altis 1.6 and i want to change my car i m thinking of buying toyota prius is it a right decision and please tell what isits fuel average in pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a.a i m Doctor Husnain from lahore i have altis 1.6 and i want to change my car i m thinking of buying toyota prius is it a right decision and please tell what isits fuel average in pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

An excellent thread i have been waiting for.
    living in suburbs of karachi, my daily drive is atleast 60km just from work back to home.
    currently i am driving a 660cc which i think for a bachelor like me is an excellent choice for now.
    i would definitely love to switch to a hybrid in future (civic or prius) but the thing is i highly doubt our local mechanics would be able to learn the technicalities of these highly advanced vehicles in next five to ten years. karachi roads as well as the markets are flooded with hybirds currently but the real success of these cars can not be assured for the next 3 years atleast.
    even my 660 cc (daihatsu mira 2007) had issues in the recent monsoon season, i wonder if the hybrid owners even drove their vehicle during the rains.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@doctor husnain Fuel average of Prius 2nd generation 2004-2009 around 20-25km .Its a good car with the fuel economy, its handling ,performance plus all the options this car has got it is far better then altis .The down side is our mechanics don't know much about it.Maybe Lahore Toyota service center is providing some sort of facility.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 224 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

User Tag List