Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Prius fan club

Salam

More People are buying Prius and soon its going to be a common car in Pakistan .

Guys Please share your experience , knowledge and comments about this car.

(Just to give you an idea) :

FUEL ECONOMY FOR US EPA

YEAR/MODEL CITY (UNIT: KM /L) HIGHWAY(UNIT: KM/L)
    2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 20.40 19.13
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 21.68 20.40
    2012 PRIUS C (1.5) 22.53 19.55
    2012 PRIUS V (1.8) 18.7 17.0

FUEL ECONOMY FOR JAPAN 10-15 Mode test

YEAR/MODEL CITY (UNIT: KM /L) HIGHWAY(UNIT: KM/L)
    2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 35.5 29.6
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 38 32.6
    PRIUS ALPHA(V)(1.8) 31 26.2
    2012 PRIUS AQUA (C )(1.5) 40 35.4

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asimkh1 View Post
    Dear My average use of fuel per month is 150 litters or 2000 km/month and my car is vitz whose millage is 13.5 km/l which mean if i use vitz for 60 months the cost of fuel will be

average millage 12 km/l for 60 months (as after 36 months average shall be dropped) therefore average use of petrol will increase to 160 litters / month

average fuel cost for 60 months shall be Rs.120 as of today it is Rs.105

160 (average litters) * 60 (months) = 9600 (total litters)
    9600 (total litters) * 120 (average cost of fuel) = Rs.1152000 (total expense on petrol for 60 months)

Now for pirus

Average of pirus is 22-23 km/litters (as i have drive the car and note the millage multiple times )

2000 km/month and average millage for 60 months shall be 19.5 km/litter

2000 (km/month) / 19.5 (km/litter) = 102.5 (litters / month)
    102.5 (litters / month) * 60 (month) = 6150 (total litters)
    6150 (total litters) * 120 (average cost of fuel) = Rs.738000 (total expense on petrol for 60 months)

Therefore my dear friends you are saving Rs.1152000 - Rs.738000 = Rs.414000

Battery cost after 60 months shall be decrease more commonly used example vitz parts are very expensive 5-6 years before and now the price reduce around 30%

So battery cost shall be Rs.250000

414000(saving) - 250000(battery cost) = 164000 (total saving) and you car is good for another 3-4 years

all above calculations are on 60 month old prius, that's why i have calculate it for another 60 month because battery can live up to 120 months easily.

if you buy 36 months old prius than calculation will different as then u have to calculate it 74 months means more saving.
    So you are assuming that a running car requires ZERO money in maintenance to keep on the road, no oil change, nothing can go wrong with the AC unit, nothing in the suspension or steering can wear out, tires will never wear out, brakes will last forever. you will never need any body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesab_Magsi View Post
    Disagree ! Even if Civic or City breaks down,one still has to tow the car to karachi from Larkana,that applies on Corolla Auto versions also.
    The difference between them is that after towing you know 100% that your car WILL be repaired. In a Prius its crapshoot - as if something in the HSD went bad, there is no junkyard substitute that will work - and you know for sure that brand new parts for it have zero availability.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I still get phone calls from Pakistan for repair questions, and recently I had a call for a gen 2 Prius in Karachi. It had the nice code of MG2 overheated and the trans fluid was completely burnt to hell too. anyway as this is a fan club and as such PW fan clubs only look at the brighter side of stuff.

ENJOY.. what you can.

I have seen such situations a lot - people assume they are getting the deal of the century - but always remember one saying,, "If its too good to be true - then it surely is"
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

heh hehe lolzz... Zulfiqar bhai Awain he itna Dimagh khapaya apnay in the end it will stay a fan club ..

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I still get phone calls from Pakistan for repair questions, and recently I had a call for a gen 2 Prius in Karachi. It had the nice code of MG2 overheated and the trans fluid was completely burnt to hell too. anyway as this is a fan club and as such PW fan clubs only look at the brighter side of stuff.

ENJOY.. what you can.

I have seen such situations a lot - people assume they are getting the deal of the century - but always remember one saying,, "If its too good to be true - then it surely is"
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Xulfiqar Bh posts are if not more equally valuable. Unless Indu$ offers similar product or start providing proper support; there will be many question marks!

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    1) yes seen few of them here...rare coz of engine displacement increase to 1800cc thus more duty n less depreciate as the model was launch mid of 2009...so the price is sumwhere 27-34 lacs i think
    2) cant tell bout resale yet....only the time can tell....any used/recondition car have less resale value wen used 3 or 4 years compare to local made car
    3) transmission is same in every trims...theres different package not sure about resale differences
    4) i haven't heard any problem yet whom i know own the prius....just tht it shudnt be driven in flooded road....just wait for the prius owner to come up with problem
    Thank you @salik for the replies!
    http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyBlogs | http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Music/100893450081351; lets create/learn some digital music today!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

zulfiqar bhai u should worry about the Prius in Houston

and leave the Cars in Pakistan for the Pakistanis LIVING IN PAKISTAN

u think no one can import new prius parts from Japan !!!

This Pakistan bhai NOT CONGO

we still have enough resources
    alhamduLILLAAH

salaam
    WWW.QURANICAUDIO.COM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for recent historic experience - please look into the old Galant GDI engines, there were direct injection and suffered carbonisation and sometimes high pressure fuel pump failure too. The local agents had zero knowledge, parts and support.

What happened to those cars? - they were imported as used between 2001 and 2005 - after 2010 nearly all of them are junk except of the handful that were converted to regular otto or diesel engines. Yes the cars were fanstastic with aluminium suspension bits, double wishbone design up front, 4 link design in the rear, a very nice HVAC system and spacious too. sadly they were not meant for this market.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umar_lahore View Post
    zulfiqar bhai u should worry about the Prius in Houston

and leave the Cars in Pakistan for the Pakistanis LIVING IN PAKISTAN

u think no one can import new prius parts from Japan !!!

This Pakistan bhai NOT CONGO

we still have enough resources
    alhamduLILLAAH

salaam
    hehe nice - btw Ive lived in Africa too.. and lived a great deal of my life in Pakistan, sure you can get parts from anywhere, would they be economical? - as it does not have pattern parts available..

I gave my input based upon experience - its your choice to process it or delete it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for recent historic experience - please look into the old Galant GDI engines, there were direct injection and suffered carbonisation and sometimes high pressure fuel pump failure too. The local agents had zero knowledge, parts and support.

What happened to those cars? - they were imported as used between 2001 and 2005 - after 2010 nearly all of them are junk except of the handful that were converted to regular otto or diesel engines. Yes the cars were fanstastic with aluminium suspension bits, double wishbone design up front, 4 link design in the rear, a very nice HVAC system and spacious too. sadly they were not meant for this market.
    yea at tht time they had no knowledge but wat bout nowadays some of the imported car is direct injection including my markx.....i think nowadays most mechanic r learning fast.....bout prius i dont understand if every importer from all over the pakistan saying its quite useful if u compare to brand new gli i think prius is a lot better than the local crap....just wait for the time wen few of the hybrid maintenance n workshop open in Pakistan
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ENJOY.. what you can.

few yrs backs i remember most of the ppl came up with vitz gearbox issue as most of them had no idea its cvt transmission oil need to change oil in every 30k km....all of them had to spend 50k for the transmission only......n most of them said its fail car as the parts were so expensive n now its the most successful hatchback in pakistan.......same thing hybrid is new for us its just the matter of time everyone will learn how to care of it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    Xulfiqar Bh posts are if not more equally valuable. Unless Indu$ offers similar product or start providing proper support; there will be many question marks!

Thank you @salik for the replies!
    ur welcome

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The importers saying of "waqt ke saath sab aajayega" was also said at the time of importing those galants, the same was said when the RX8s were imported - "aagya?" Its about nearing 10 years now. Yet there are no places who can test the direct injection injectors, FPR or pump, whether its petrol or diesel.

So unless you get solid evidence first - remember that the importer is not doing this for "sawaab" he is doing this for money so for him Prius or any other alien car where he can make solid money is "behtreen fuss class" - you pay they turn and dont recognize you - because the car is sold as is.

Until then you are just another number in the chain.

But as I keep on saying - your money your game.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The importers saying of "waqt ke saath sab aajayega" was also said at the time of importing those galants, the same was said when the RX8s were imported - "aagya?" Its about nearing 10 years now. Yet there are no places who can test the direct injection injectors, FPR or pump, whether its petrol or diesel.

So unless you get solid evidence first - remember that the importer is not doing this for "sawaab" he is doing this for money so for him Prius or any other alien car where he can make solid money is "behtreen fuss class" - you pay they turn and dont recognize you - because the car is sold as is.

u r right bout the importers parts....but u cant compare ecnomical cars with rx8.......there must be over 1000 prius right now in Pakistan n all came within 2 yrs i think.....i hope prius or any jdm hybrid wont turn into galant gdi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

RX8 was imported into Pakistan under 1500cc category hence is considered an eco buy due to our zabardast paagalpan ke customs. But thats not the case, the case is that till today rotary engine repair mechanics are still in the same number as they were before the imports, less than 5 per 20,000 sq kms of urban development.

That is why you have the mazyota RX8s.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Right now this car is a huge risk for sure,no one knows will we get better maintainance job or not regarding batteries as the worth of these batteries are too much.i think it will take few more years.If indus motor brings their hybrid technology car then a "Thumbs up" to prius,else this car has no future in pakistan atleast

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im not dissing the technology, as I have repeatedly said - from an engineering point of view its pretty nice. The problem is that not every driver is a car fanatic or a mechanical or electrical engineer.

The problem is not limited to just the HV batteries but the entire HSD, its not a simple car that has regular parts with different designs or functions flowing like regular cars.

Speaking of mechanics what I have found is that our mechanics are always about 10 years behind in catching up, so for them to get this through their head the car would be ending its life and new technology coming in. e.g. 10 years ago there were only about 3 or 4 people in Karachi who could understand EFI wiring in and out and could solve out problems. Now many can inject 12V + and - into the wiring to make a swap start or they can extract codes but they still are not fully versed in complete and proper diagnosis.

As time goes by they get outdated as the engines get outdated - thats why there are so many cheap JZ engines in Pakistan as the cars they had as OE are now junk and engine swaps are not easily allowed in other countries, too many problems with emmissions, insurance, road worthiness and price.

So if a full and comprehensive workable solution can be provided its great - relying on the same people who are 10 years behind in tech training is wrong practice IMO. e.g. if you break your iphone you wont take it to a technician who is only good at repairing rotary phones. Add to this that you cannot find any usable new part for such item.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear My average use of fuel per month is 150 litters or 2000 km/month and my car is vitz whose millage is 13.5 km/l which mean if i use vitz for 60 months the cost of fuel will be

average millage 12 km/l for 60 months (as after 36 months average shall be dropped) therefore average use of petrol will increase to 160 litters / month

average fuel cost for 60 months shall be Rs.120 as of today it is Rs.105

160 (average litters) * 60 (months) = 9600 (total litters)
    9600 (total litters) * 120 (average cost of fuel) = Rs.1152000 (total expense on petrol for 60 months)

Now for pirus

Average of pirus is 22-23 km/litters (as i have drive the car and note the millage multiple times )

2000 km/month and average millage for 60 months shall be 19.5 km/litter

2000 (km/month) / 19.5 (km/litter) = 102.5 (litters / month)
    102.5 (litters / month) * 60 (month) = 6150 (total litters)
    6150 (total litters) * 120 (average cost of fuel) = Rs.738000 (total expense on petrol for 60 months)

Therefore my dear friends you are saving Rs.1152000 - Rs.738000 = Rs.414000

Battery cost after 60 months shall be decrease more commonly used example vitz parts are very expensive 5-6 years before and now the price reduce around 30%

So battery cost shall be Rs.250000

414000(saving) - 250000(battery cost) = 164000 (total saving) and you car is good for another 3-4 years

all above calculations are on 60 month old prius, that's why i have calculate it for another 60 month because battery can live up to 120 months easily.

if you buy 36 months old prius than calculation will different as then u have to calculate it 74 months means more saving.
    If your car is running is so much then of course you can save a lot. But not everyone uses their car for 2000 km /month. In your calculation, you are running daily about 70km which is a lot. So Prius will be a great car for you in terms of fuel saving. And fuel prices will also increase with time. But the other thing is that, you have to get reliable maintenance to keep the car running. Its a question mark right now. I will buy this car if my concerns are taken care off.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So you are assuming that a running car requires ZERO money in maintenance to keep on the road, no oil change, nothing can go wrong with the AC unit, nothing in the suspension or steering can wear out, tires will never wear out, brakes will last forever. you will never need any body parts.
    bhai plz aisay to na karay ... every car need all these thing whether it is prius or civic ... yes you are right prius maintenance cost will be little bit high but think about the luxury which prius is giving. people are baring the maintenance cost of merc, bmw for what luxury

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir g at that time car import business was not at boom plus it also depend on the numbers of cars sold. how many galants were sold if at that time i travel from model town to liberty i hardly see one or two galants

but if now i travel on same route there shall be 4 to 5 prius.

plus meray piaray bhai at that time we Pakistan was far behind than world in mean of knowledge, technology how many of us know about CVT transmission in back 2002 i think hardly 3 or 4 person pakwheels.

but know we all know about hybrid system since 3-4 years.

and when rx8 came i know people use to watch it by open jaw, now there are hell of sports car in Pakistan

now Pakistani are converting from people to citizen yes yes yes we are improving

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai plz aisay to na karay ... every car need all these thing whether it is prius or civic ... yes you are right prius maintenance cost will be little bit high but think about the luxury which prius is giving. people are baring the maintenance cost of merc, bmw for what luxury
    Sir maintenance cost is not an issue here. I am just saying, getting a reliable mechanic to maintain Prius is a little bit difficult right now. As long as the car runs well, then its a luxury. I hope we will get all the spares and technology to repair hybrid cars in Pakistan.

I am maintaining a toyota passo. I recently had an accident and had to change its door and fender. The door body only (without any glass, machine and interior) costed me 14k. The side indicator light on fender costed me 1000. Passo is now so common in Pakistan but parts are still very expensive.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are considering Prius as a luxury car then its really amazingly startling. Its not a luxury car its an economy car, exactly at the same level as a corolla. Anyway, speaking of Pakistan now and then - even today you see mechanics and other technicians say that the catalytic convertor is plugged and needs to be removed" even from brand new cars - they do this on their "andaaza" - I have yet to see a proper freeze frame screen shot of the downstream O2 sensor which would point to an inoperative cat or even a simple pressure test in case of single O2 sensor.

You have the d'rect fan crowd which if done to EFI cars becomes problematic becuase the ECU cannot go into closed loop mode if it has an electric operated O/D or lockup or full electric shift trans it wont shift into high gear due to cold engine temperature. This is the lack of knowledge that is being discussed. Repairing cars is not a learn by copy art - its an educated ladder.

The reason you see so many Prius is that they provide cheap economy to run - wait a few years and you will see them parked at ustaad getting engine transplants because repairing the original system would be murder to their bank accounts if someone actually could understand them, if not then it would still be murder as the car would be a permanent visitor of such mechanic.

You can neatly place this along home and commercial A/C mechanics in Pakistan - they still use lye to wash the condenser fins - its corrosive to them, they dont even vacuum the lineset, they dont even have strobe lights to set fan blade pitch - and yet A/Cs have been in Pakistan for more than 30 years now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 224 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

User Tag List