25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Prius problem

was cming home from a friends in my prius....the thing that happened was just as i was near home it started giving jerks....and then got normal but then again it got sluggish after a bit and didnt picked race and started giving a big triangle sign with an exclamation mark in it inside the meter display nd stopped totally infront of the house....after that it refused to start and there is a sign in the lcd screen where it shows the battery bar and where it tells that it is being powered by wether petrol or battery....the sign is on the top left corner in the screen and it looks like a car........it is just not powering on...shows the display gears and speed in the meter but refuses t get into gears and move....what can the problem guys???

M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

connect to a scanner - extract the error.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Scan problem using obdii scanner

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    connect to a scanner - extract the error.
    its not giving the check engine light i think or is that the check engine light???btw any special measures need to be taken in view to tow it??? :p
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which type of Warning Sign you are getting on your dashboard.Tell us by checking from these pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post
    Which type of Warning Sign you are getting on your dashboard.Tell us by checking from these pictures.
    triangle with exclamation....the sign which has check written with in pic aswell but in my car it is only the sign not the check thing with it and also the one in the second pic right one
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother i am posting two links of same problem which i have searched for you only and the First one is also posted by some Pakistani on the same topic read these both thoroughly and check if problem resolves.

Need help on Warning light | PriusChat

Warning Lights Came on while driving, did not lose power | PriusChat
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it gave the exclamation mark twice before today just before it totally went dead....but after reading the froums the bro with above post posted...i remembered that triangle was yellow both of the times before and this time its red
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

now the problem can be only guessed by having it diagnosed by a OBD-II scanner.After that we can say whats the problem.Get it diagnosed by Toyota Dealership it may cost you 600Rs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

now the problem can be only guessed by having it diagnosed by a OBD-II scanner.After that we can say whats the problem.Get it diagnosed by Toyota Dealership it may cost you 600Rs.
    will get it done tomorrow then....btw do we really have to apply that thing about prius to get it towed with front tyres in the air???
    and can the problem be anyhow related to finishing of fuel....it had low fuel was on reserve but i think it wont give that much lights because of finishing of fuel or can it???
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro as i havent used Prius till today so i have no knowledge of towing a automatic car but toyota recommends to tow it by having its front wheel up.But here is a procedure to tow Toyota Prius in Emergency.

Posted on Ehow.com

The preferred method to tow a Toyota Prius is to use a wheel lift or flat bed tow truck. Sling type tow trucks should not be used. When using a wheel lift truck, the front wheels should not rotate: they should either be on the lift; or if the rear wheels are on the lift, then the front wheels should be on a towing dolly. In an emergency it is possible to use a cable to tow the Prius for short distances and at low speed.

Retrieve the towing eyelet and wheel nut wrench. These are stored with the jack near the spare tire (the specific location varies by model year). The wheel nut wrench is normally used to tighten the wheel lug nuts. The towing eyelet is about 6 inches long with threads on one end and a ring on the other. It is important that you use only the eyelet that came with the Prius in order to avoid damaging the car.

2 Remove the eyelet cover. The eyelet cover is a square cover with rounded corners offset to one side of the front bumper. Wrap the flat head screwdriver in the rag to avoid marring the finish, then wedge the wrapped screwdriver into the gap between the cover and the bumper and pry the cover open.

3 Insert the towing eyelet in the hole behind the cover and tighten it by hand.

4 Continue tightening the towing eyelet using the wheel nut wrench. Slide the handle of the wheel nut wrench through the eyelet and twist until the eyelet is secure.

5 Turn the Prius on. Although the Prius is being towed, it must be turned on so you can shift it into neutral. The first driver gets into the Prius, turns it on, shifts to "N" and releases the parking brake. When using the emergency towing procedure, you must have a driver in the Prius to steer and work the brakes.

6 Tow the Prius. The second driver attaches the towing cable to the eyelet and drives the towing vehicle.

<figure class="Module tipsWarnings" data-module="tips-warnings"> Tips & Warnings

• The towing vehicle should drive slowly. Toyota recommends going no faster than 30 km/h (18 mph).
    • The towing vehicle should not make erratic turns or start suddenly because these moves can pull the eyelet from the hole or break the towing cable.

</figure>

http://www.mytoyo.com/topr-140-if_yo..._be_towed.html

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro as i havent used Prius till today so i have no knowledge of towing a automatic car but toyota recommends to tow it by having its front wheel up.But here is a procedure to tow Toyota Prius in Emergency.

Posted on Ehow.com

The preferred method to tow a Toyota Prius is to use a wheel lift or flat bed tow truck. Sling type tow trucks should not be used. When using a wheel lift truck, the front wheels should not rotate: they should either be on the lift; or if the rear wheels are on the lift, then the front wheels should be on a towing dolly. In an emergency it is possible to use a cable to tow the Prius for short distances and at low speed.

Retrieve the towing eyelet and wheel nut wrench. These are stored with the jack near the spare tire (the specific location varies by model year). The wheel nut wrench is normally used to tighten the wheel lug nuts. The towing eyelet is about 6 inches long with threads on one end and a ring on the other. It is important that you use only the eyelet that came with the Prius in order to avoid damaging the car.

2 Remove the eyelet cover. The eyelet cover is a square cover with rounded corners offset to one side of the front bumper. Wrap the flat head screwdriver in the rag to avoid marring the finish, then wedge the wrapped screwdriver into the gap between the cover and the bumper and pry the cover open.

3 Insert the towing eyelet in the hole behind the cover and tighten it by hand.

4 Continue tightening the towing eyelet using the wheel nut wrench. Slide the handle of the wheel nut wrench through the eyelet and twist until the eyelet is secure.

5 Turn the Prius on. Although the Prius is being towed, it must be turned on so you can shift it into neutral. The first driver gets into the Prius, turns it on, shifts to "N" and releases the parking brake. When using the emergency towing procedure, you must have a driver in the Prius to steer and work the brakes.

6 Tow the Prius. The second driver attaches the towing cable to the eyelet and drives the towing vehicle.

<figure class="Module tipsWarnings" data-module="tips-warnings"> Tips & Warnings

• The towing vehicle should drive slowly. Toyota recommends going no faster than 30 km/h (18 mph).
    • The towing vehicle should not make erratic turns or start suddenly because these moves can pull the eyelet from the hole or break the towing cable.

</figure>

Toyota Prius >> If your vehicle needs to be towed - In case of an emergency

i think geting it towed with the front in the air is a way better option :p
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey i recently bought prius. The dealer told me never ever drive prius on reserve. He told me usually in showrooms every car is on reserve but if a prius shows this BIG sign then we rush to get feul because jab prius mai petrol khatam hota hai tou it drains out battery completely which is extremely dangerus for car. Kindly download prius manual in english to understand this car. If you dont have one i can email you.

Secondly buy a scanner, it is not that expensive. I am going to buy a scanner for england prius. so that i can figure it out myself what this car needs. If you want one may be i can buy for you as well. Its not that expensive but you will have peace of mind.

Thirdly dont overlook this sign ever. When this sign appears check your tyre pressure, fuel lid check karo whether its properly closed ya phir oil change ka sign hota hai.. if this problem presists dont linger on just get your car checked.

Most probably yah mujhay fuel na honay ka lag raha hai.. Battery damage hota hai is say and it can even damage your battery permanently

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nabeel112 View Post
    Hey i recently bought prius. The dealer told me never ever drive prius on reserve. He told me usually in showrooms every car is on reserve but if a prius shows this BIG sign then we rush to get feul because jab prius mai petrol khatam hota hai tou it drains out battery completely which is extremely dangerus for car. Kindly download prius manual in english to understand this car. If you dont have one i can email you.

Secondly buy a scanner, it is not that expensive. I am going to buy a scanner for england prius. so that i can figure it out myself what this car needs. If you want one may be i can buy for you as well. Its not that expensive but you will have peace of mind.

Thirdly dont overlook this sign ever. When this sign appears check your tyre pressure, fuel lid check karo whether its properly closed ya phir oil change ka sign hota hai.. if this problem presists dont linger on just get your car checked.

Most probably yah mujhay fuel na honay ka lag raha hai.. Battery damage hota hai is say and it can even damage your battery permanently

your first point gave me a bit of relief coz maybe it can be because of finishing of fuell...i waas worried motors na farig hogayi hoon :p
    i think i wont be needing a scanner coz the car is almost sold and thanks for the info...appreciated
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you should never tow any automatic transmission car with its driving wheels on the ground. It will damage the trans, your prius has a twin motor CVT unit which is coupled with a planetary set, dont risk screwing it up.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the warning triangle is an indication of WARNING of drive system,

The check lamp is for the engine and electrics

the priuschat post of the round yellow light is the brake system warning lamp which actually is tied into the gearbox - its the regenerative braking system

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and you sold the car with this problem... i think the purchaser knows the problem and is looking for profit margin out of it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Low fuel or no fuel problem. Prius should not run out of fuel. Otherwise u need to reset through some device.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

about towing an auto car, there is always a shift lock with the gear liver, i have one too in my mitsubishi ek wagon, u can press it, put the car in neutral and then tow it.
    i know its not about the topic but people were discussing about it so just sharing what i know!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hsn18 View Post
    about towing an auto car, there is always a shift lock with the gear liver, i have one too in my mitsubishi ek wagon, u can press it, put the car in neutral and then tow it.
    i know its not about the topic but people were discussing about it so just sharing what i know!

prius has some other type of gear lever and it cant be put into neutral when the battery is low :p
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List