69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Very bad choice of oil for Pirius

A month ago, a gentleman came to us for oil change in his almost new Pirius 2012 Model (he purchased ~2.3 million).
    We recommended him fully synthetic 5/40, but he said its expensive. After half an hour discussion we ended up to pour 5/30 oil for PTT (because he was not willing spend single more penny for engine oil). anyway.

After 2 weeks he came and said the oil (PTT 5/30) is "just Ok". But not very excellent. And he advised that he will buy the oil by himself and will come here for change. We said OK.

After 1 month he came to us and asked to drain the oil. We did. Then he opened the trunk and give us new "bottle" of oil and said he has bought it from Hyperstar (or Makro) because his mechanic friend has strongly advised this oil. And when we saw at the bottle, our jaws were dropped to knees. It was Havoline Motor Oil 20/50 of SG grade. We slightly insist him that its not good oil, but he start staring at very strange eyes and started getting mad. So eventually we poured Havoline 20/50 SG grade oil in his almost brand new Pirius.

Guess what, when he start the car, the "engine check light didn't turned off". It?s a week now and his engine light is not turned off but he (GOD Shower His Blessings on him) still running car. But now he slightly admitted that he will change the oil as per our advise but still next time (after running Havoline for 5K min.). We asked him again to change it immediately and considered it as your loss. But he will run at-least 3K on it. Uff.. what a mentality.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    i find 0w20 too thin its also mentioned on my markx owner manual but i used LM synthoil 5w40 coz of our climate is hot/warm....for daily driven prius i think 5w30 or 5w40 is better choice for our climate btw 0/20 is the best to get fuel consumption also
    Well if we have a look on the oil specifications, then more or less these are almost same. Especially for the fully synthetic oils.

However, plz allow me to ask a silly question just for my knowledge.
    What is the main feel-able or observe-able or significant difference when driving the car with 0/20 oil & 5/30 oil in Karachi?
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Well if we have a look on the oil specifications, then more or less these are almost same. Especially for the fully synthetic oils.

What is the main feel-able or observe-able or significant difference when driving the car with 0/20 oil & 5/30 oil in Karachi?
    well i havent use 0w20 yet in fully synthetic so cant tell the diffence or compare with 5w30.....i can tel the difference wen i used 5w30 fully synthetic on my civic i feel jerky or knocking wen m on very low speed like 20/30km on 2nd gear which wat my friends say they dont feel on 5w40 or 10w40 coz previously they were using 5w30 too
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All;

1-Prius has a normal petrol engine, hence it should be treated as such. I was just checking the Toyota US, and they recommend multigrade Toyota oil.
    2-In Pakistan 0w~20 would not be a safe bet as ambient is above 0 deg.
    3-What ever oil you chose, I would not exceed the recommended drain interval. Always remember Pakistan is very dusty.
    4-Always change oil filter every time you change oil.

I would not listen to Guru's rather read the manual. If you dont have it read it On-line.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post
    All;

1-Prius has a normal petrol engine, hence it should be treated as such. I was just checking the Toyota US, and they recommend multigrade Toyota oil.
    2-In Pakistan 0w~20 would not be a safe bet as ambient is above 0 deg.
    3-What ever oil you chose, I would not exceed the recommended drain interval. Always remember Pakistan is very dusty.
    4-Always change oil filter every time you change oil.

I would not listen to Guru's rather read the manual. If you dont have it read it On-line.
    does the RED above mean that same engine can be coupled to a conventional auto transmission or engine only can be swapped to other auto transmission vehicle, just asking for my knowledge ??
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A month ago, a gentleman came to us for oil change in his almost new Pirius 2012 Model (he purchased ~2.3 million).
    We recommended him fully synthetic 5/40, but he said its expensive. After half an hour discussion we ended up to pour 5/30 oil for PTT (because he was not willing spend single more penny for engine oil). anyway.

After 2 weeks he came and said the oil (PTT 5/30) is "just Ok". But not very excellent. And he advised that he will buy the oil by himself and will come here for change. We said OK.

After 1 month he came to us and asked to drain the oil. We did. Then he opened the trunk and give us new "bottle" of oil and said he has bought it from Hyperstar (or Makro) because his mechanic friend has strongly advised this oil. And when we saw at the bottle, our jaws were dropped to knees. It was Havoline Motor Oil 20/50 of SG grade. We slightly insist him that its not good oil, but he start staring at very strange eyes and started getting mad. So eventually we poured Havoline 20/50 SG grade oil in his almost brand new Pirius.

Guess what, when he start the car, the "engine check light didn't turned off". It?s a week now and his engine light is not turned off but he (GOD Shower His Blessings on him) still running car. But now he slightly admitted that he will change the oil as per our advise but still next time (after running Havoline for 5K min.). We asked him again to change it immediately and considered it as your loss. But he will run at-least 3K on it. Uff.. what a mentality.

hello kind sir,

good to know about your knowledge when it comes to engine oils.

just a tiny question if i may ask.

i bought a new honda city aspire 1.5 prosmatec. got its first 5000 maintanence done by honda centre but i really dont trust their engine oil

which is the finest brand/oil to pour in honda city 1500cc prosmatec? please guide me through.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    does the RED above mean that same engine can be coupled to a conventional auto transmission or engine only can be swapped to other auto transmission vehicle, just asking for my knowledge ??
    @capsat. A very simple but interesting question.

On checking I found that all Hybrid including Prius use "Atkinson Cycle" variant of standard engines. These engines are more efficient than regular engines.
    2ZR-FXE

The Toyota 2ZR-FXE is a 1.8 L (1798 cc) Atkinson cycle variant of the 2ZR-FE.[4] It has the same bore and stroke, but the compression ratio is increased to 13.0:1, and the inlet valve closing is retarded. The net result is that the engine has a greater effective expansion than compression. Output is 73 kW (98 hp) at 5200 rpm with 142 N?m (105 lb?ft) of torque at 4000 rpm.
    <dl><dt>Applications</dt></dl>

must read Atkinson cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

allow me to ask why did you wasted money on a Honda if you do not trust their service ? who would you trust for a 1.5 mil car, the ustaad from chak batee (32) with hammer to cut open the engine sump drain plug ?? and pour grease mixed diesel golden engine oil through dust coated newspaper funnel?

Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    hello kind sir,

i bought a new honda city aspire 1.5 prosmatec. got its first 5000 maintanence done by honda centre but i really dont trust their engine oil

which is the finest brand/oil to pour in honda city 1500cc prosmatec? please guide me through.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda recommends 5/30 oil for CITY.
    And original Honda oils are being prepared by Total in Pak.
    Yesterday a gentleman came to us for change and had bought by himself
    Honda's Original oil 5/30 SM Grade (Prepared by total), 3.7L bottle, Rs. 2250/-
    Honda's Original Oil filter (prepared by some local company like Guard), Rs. 850/-
    But air filter he bought from us (leppon's Rs. 470/-)
    We told him that Leppon's oil filter for citi is just at Rs. 350/- where as he bought at 850/- from Honda.

Now 5/30 oil would be good for your city but choice would be yours about the money you want to spent and the change intervals.
    But choose this oil from good companies like Kixx, PTT, LM, Valvoline.
    Or total has also good oil. Total 9000 5/30 full synthetic SN grade. Price is Rs. 2800/4L. Change interval is 6k.

For more longer intervals, use 5/40 from the same companies as stated above. Can change it after 8K but both filters change after 4K for sure.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

allow me to ask why did you wasted money on a Honda if you do not trust their service ? who would you trust for a 1.5 mil car, the ustaad from chak batee (32) with hammer to cut open the engine sump drain plug ?? and pour grease mixed diesel golden engine oil through dust coated newspaper funnel?

lol, totally fancy the way you described it.

Honda City 1.5L Aspire Prosmatec costed me 1.8 million.

and i am totally happy with their ''Services'' Just thought that the engine oil they offer as branded by honda looked a bit dodgy to me

but i am a happy man now as @GoodMan7 said so. the total engine oil is fine.

im not really after saving money because i have invested alot to save 1000 rupees every maintenance time.

i am going by the warranty/maintenance book by the car which says the maintanence should be done every 5000 but just to be on the safe side i got its first maintenance done at 4700KM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol, totally fancy the way you described it.

Honda City 1.5L Aspire Prosmatec costed me 1.8 million.

and i am totally happy with their ''Services'' Just thought that the engine oil they offer as branded by honda looked a bit dodgy to me

but i am a happy man now as @GoodMan7 said so. the total engine oil is fine.

im not really after saving money because i have invested alot to save 1000 rupees every maintenance time.

i am going by the warranty/maintenance book by the car which says the maintanence should be done every 5000 but just to be on the safe side i got its first maintenance done at 4700KM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Feel able?

that is like saying you can accurately measure 0.01mm - who needs dial gauge...
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Feel able?

Feelable- Desi ungli ​test.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Feel able?

har workshop se GORILA niklay ga
    tumm kitnay gorilay maaro gaey

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Feel able?

Its for sure that my English is not as good as yours or many others. But I tried to find/make the best word according to the situation, that when the gentleman drives the car with xx engine oil, then what he feels the difference in driving as compared with yy engine oil. Like RPMs drop/rise at signals, jerks, more heat, more/less pick up, etc. etc. hence is wrote the word feel-able. It was not about rubbing the oil on the finger tips to check the lubrication. I know more than 95% will smile at this desi method, but frankly this formula is workable for us. Because whenever someone visit us for change, its always my preference to check the drained as well as new oil to check through this desi method.
    However, very soon we gonna purchase a oil check stick too that tells more appropriately about the health of engine oil which is already working in the engine.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I change LM 5-40 at 10,000km.

Drove it 10.5 k km so far. I'm stupid. Just didn't realize. Who cares.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its for sure that my English is not as good as yours or many others. But I tried to find/make the best word according to the situation, that when the gentleman drives the car with xx engine oil, then what he feels the difference in driving as compared with yy engine oil. Like RPMs drop/rise at signals, jerks, more heat, more/less pick up, etc. etc. hence is wrote the word feel-able. It was not about rubbing the oil on the finger tips to check the lubrication. I know more than 95% will smile at this desi method, but frankly this formula is workable for us. Because whenever someone visit us for change, its always my preference to check the drained as well as new oil to check through this desi method.
    However, very soon we gonna purchase a oil check stick too that tells more appropriately about the health of engine oil which is already working in the engine.

What do you conclude by rubbing oil between your fingers, scientific factual proof please, no hogwash
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello kind sir,

Use mobil 1 0W40 with OEM oil filter ... Get both changed between 7-8k KMs without any worries ... Use 10 litres Hi Octane in each tank .... Your engine will always be very happy with you ... just my 2 cents ... good luck
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello kind sir,

Hi Sohail,

i have been getting my cars maintained by honda from day1.

pehlay 2002 vti thee aub 2009 hai.

i never had any problem with the 2002 aur not having any issues with 2009.

pehlay they used to have caltex oil but now they use total oil.

they have a choice of 2 synthetic oils and one mineral oil. i would suggest you use synthetic oil.

their products and oils are totally genuine and that keeps the car very healthy.

just make sure u go to a dealership jo ziada mashoor ho aur ziada chalti ho. jo acha kam kerta hai uss ki workshop achi chalti hai.

do try and read ownser's manual for maintenance needed on ur car.

on the owner's manual ull have a full table with I & C mentioned with respect to required Inspection or Change.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What do you conclude by rubbing oil between your fingers, scientific factual proof please, no hogwash
    Oils with better lubrications stands for longer time with constant rubbing.
    Synthetic oils are thin like water, but stay last on finger tips while rubbing.
    minerals are 'so oily' from the first instance, but they dry up soon.
    drained oils dry up so quickly and also have burning smell.
    all these are totaly & purely desi methods only. also its applicable mainly for engine oils.
    No Guts, No Glory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

User Tag List