Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 144
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Very bad choice of oil for Pirius

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Very bad choice of oil for Pirius

    A month ago, a gentleman came to us for oil change in his almost new Pirius 2012 Model (he purchased ~2.3 million).
    We recommended him fully synthetic 5/40, but he said its expensive. After half an hour discussion we ended up to pour 5/30 oil for PTT (because he was not willing spend single more penny for engine oil). anyway.

    After 2 weeks he came and said the oil (PTT 5/30) is "just Ok". But not very excellent. And he advised that he will buy the oil by himself and will come here for change. We said OK.

    After 1 month he came to us and asked to drain the oil. We did. Then he opened the trunk and give us new "bottle" of oil and said he has bought it from Hyperstar (or Makro) because his mechanic friend has strongly advised this oil. And when we saw at the bottle, our jaws were dropped to knees. It was Havoline Motor Oil 20/50 of SG grade. We slightly insist him that its not good oil, but he start staring at very strange eyes and started getting mad. So eventually we poured Havoline 20/50 SG grade oil in his almost brand new Pirius.

    Guess what, when he start the car, the "engine check light didn't turned off". It?s a week now and his engine light is not turned off but he (GOD Shower His Blessings on him) still running car. But now he slightly admitted that he will change the oil as per our advise but still next time (after running Havoline for 5K min.). We asked him again to change it immediately and considered it as your loss. But he will run at-least 3K on it. Uff.. what a mentality.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  2. #101
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shuja11 View Post

    i have been getting my cars maintained by honda from day1.

    pehlay 2002 vti thee aub 2009 hai.

    i never had any problem with the 2002 aur not having any issues with 2009.

    pehlay they used to have caltex oil but now they use total oil.

    they have a choice of 2 synthetic oils and one mineral oil. i would suggest you use synthetic oil.

    their products and oils are totally genuine and that keeps the car very healthy.

    just make sure u go to a dealership jo ziada mashoor ho aur ziada chalti ho. jo acha kam kerta hai uss ki workshop achi chalti hai.

    do try and read ownser's manual for maintenance needed on ur car.

    on the owner's manual ull have a full table with I & C mentioned with respect to required Inspection or Change.
    Am just wondering that in Pak. Total is supplying oils to Honda
    So why majority of us still prefer to buy Honda oils (considering them totally genuine) instead of directly buying Total oils which are most latest in grading indeed.
    Ref: Honda's 5/30 fully Synthetic SM grade oil is Rs. 2250/3.7L and SCI is 3K
    Whereas Total Quartz 9000 fully synthetic 5/30 is more latest with SN Grade with minor price difference Rs. 2800/4L and SCI is 6~8K.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  3. #102
    PakWheeler Follow
    shuja11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    523
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Am just wondering that in Pak. Total is supplying oils to Honda
    So why majority of us still prefer to buy Honda oils (considering them totally genuine) instead of directly buying Total oils which are most latest in grading indeed.
    Ref: Honda's 5/30 fully Synthetic SM grade oil is Rs. 2250/3.7L and SCI is 3K
    Whereas Total Quartz 9000 fully synthetic 5/30 is more latest with SN Grade with minor price difference Rs. 2800/4L and SCI is 6~8K.
    yar please do check they have SN grade synthetic oil with them too.

    i prefer to use their oil is because i know it is totally genuine and since it has a seal of approval from honda it increases my confidence in the oil.

  4. #103
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shuja11 View Post
    yar please do check they have SN grade synthetic oil with them too.

    i prefer to use their oil is because i know it is totally genuine and since it has a seal of approval from honda it increases my confidence in the oil.
    Honda oil bottles have seals of Total also. 100% Confirmed by myself on this Sunday when a gentleman came to us on City and bought bottle of Honda's oil fully synthetic 5/30 SM grade. I checked the seal by myself and its confirmed Total.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  5. #104
    PakWheeler Follow
    shuja11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    523
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Honda oil bottles have seals of Total also. 100% Confirmed by myself on this Sunday when a gentleman came to us on City and bought bottle of Honda's oil fully synthetic 5/30 SM grade. I checked the seal by myself and its confirmed Total.
    Bro. read my comment on previous page.

    i know they use total oils.

    i only said that they have 3 oils. SM & SN grade both for synthetic oils and another one is mineral SM i think.

  6. #105
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Oils with better lubrications stands for longer time with constant rubbing.
    Synthetic oils are thin like water, but stay last on finger tips while rubbing.
    minerals are 'so oily' from the first instance, but they dry up soon.
    drained oils dry up so quickly and also have burning smell.
    all these are totaly & purely desi methods only. also its applicable mainly for engine oils.
    And this shows what "technical evidence"? If I gave you a sample from an engine you can accurately tell me how much TBN is left in it along with metal content also with your finger method?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  7. #106
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    And this shows what "technical evidence"? If I gave you a sample from an engine you can accurately tell me how much TBN is left in it along with metal content also with your finger method?
    (smile).
    No Guts, No Glory.

  8. #107
    PakWheeler Follow
    ehalin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Engine oils are carcinogenic and used engine oils are even more so. So please avoid any contact with engine oils as far as possible. Your "ungli test" is a health risk first of all. Its other benefits come later.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Oils with better lubrications stands for longer time with constant rubbing.
    Synthetic oils are thin like water, but stay last on finger tips while rubbing.
    minerals are 'so oily' from the first instance, but they dry up soon.
    drained oils dry up so quickly and also have burning smell.
    all these are totaly & purely desi methods only. also its applicable mainly for engine oils.
    -

  9. #108
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    (smile).
    Can you or can you not?

    reason to ask is that in engines that hold nearly 600 litres of oil in the engine, oil is tested first to determine the change due to its high cost. Does your test provide this information?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  10. #109
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Can you or can you not?

    reason to ask is that in engines that hold nearly 600 litres of oil in the engine, oil is tested first to determine the change due to its high cost. Does your test provide this information?
    It's just a desi totka and not a very hard & fast rule. So keep yourself cool.

    Few days back I asked you a question about the oil specifications. Infact you've already posted in somewhere in your recent posts (I think two months back), I tried to find them but couldn't. Can you re-post them here?

    Because for the new oils, the companies openly mention some common specifications like

    Viscosity class :
    Density at 15 ?C :
    Viscosity at 40 ?C :
    Viscosity at 100 ?C :
    Viscosity index :
    Flash point :
    Pour point :
    PKD :

    But I think when we sent oil specimen in the lab for checking, then they go quite in further more details rather than above specs. Its quite big chart. And am just willing to know them.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  11. #110
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    btw what does your desi totka tell you?

    the points you mention are the physical attributes of the product, the product itself is blended to match the "performance" of a specification.

    different products can have different minerals to match the same performance specification
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  12. #111
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    btw what does your desi totka tell you?

    the points you mention are the physical attributes of the product, the product itself is blended to match the "performance" of a specification.

    different products can have different minerals to match the same performance specification
    so, when we take some drained oil sample and send it to the laboratory for testing, then what specifications they (lab) test in order to calculate the health of engine Oil ?
    No Guts, No Glory.

  13. #112
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    People i have a 2010 prius 1.8, 47,000 km driven. Which oil should i use in it?


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  14. #113
    PakWheeler Follow
    shuja11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    523
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro does it have an owner's manual? Do try reading the owner's manual.

    also since toyota has launched it in pakistan.

    do ask dealership. they have japanese packed n imported TOYOTA oil which is VERY good.



    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    People i have a 2010 prius 1.8, 47,000 km driven. Which oil should i use in it?


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app

  15. #114
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shuja11 View Post
    Bro does it have an owner's manual? Do try reading the owner's manual.

    also since toyota has launched it in pakistan.

    do ask dealership. they have japanese packed n imported TOYOTA oil which is VERY good.
    The manual is all in japanese


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  16. #115
    PakWheeler Follow
    shuja11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    523
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=aliusman420;4220935]The manual is all in japanese


    then two tareekay hain.

    ya to manual per jahan koi oil ka dabba ya kuj related cheez hai wahan dekhain. wahan per below mentioned type ke specification honi chahiyay.

    05W-30 SN/CF
    10W-30 SN/CF

    SN is the oil grade or technology. grade ki technology SN, SM, SG, SH, SJ hoti hai. 5w-30 is the temperature jiss main the oil should be used. it is the outside weather temperature. i think.


    agar itni tension nahi leni then go to a dealership.

    get this genuine toyota oil. this comes from japan.
    http://www.toyota-indus.com/parts/lu...thetic-05w-30/

    meray hisab sai this is the best oil for our conditions and it has the right temperature along with latest grade.

    main apni gariyon kai liyay dealership choose kerta hon cuz they put in good quality parts and because of the quality they do give warranty too.

    end main choose user nai he kerna hota hai based on his jaib and how much he wants to care for the car.

  17. #116
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    so, when we take some drained oil sample and send it to the laboratory for testing, then what specifications they (lab) test in order to calculate the health of engine Oil ?
    The wear metals are measured
    the original blend minerals/metals are measured
    the TBN is measured
    physical attributes are tested

    They don't use their fingers.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  18. #117
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The wear metals are measured
    the original blend minerals/metals are measured
    the TBN is measured
    physical attributes are tested

    They don't use their fingers.
    Thanks.
    And meanwhile I also wish your message to be free from Provocation.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  19. #118
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    sounds fishy - the oil type has nothing to do with check engine light
    CEL On Oil Change.......!!

    KARMA Must Have Hit Him Bad Or Something Else Must Did...!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  20. #119
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    The manual is all in japanese


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    At-least Oil Viscosity's Are Not....Fair Enough?
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  21. #120
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Moral Of Story....

    Use Less Than 5w-40 Fully Synthetic...You Just Destroy Your Motor.......To Hell With Factory Specs...

    Use 5w-40...You Just Save Your Engine..Congrats...
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •