2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default issue with my prius

I have lost my petrol average.. i have 2011 prius... and i was getting awesome fuel average.. then i go to toyota for general checkup... they washed my throttle bottle and clean plugs...now my average got sucked .. getting 12-14Km/L...please give me an honest reply or tell me a good hybrid mechanic in lahore...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FYI Toyota has officially imported Prius in Pakistan and is selling it through its dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by msabbasi View Post
    Meri duain aap ke saath hain.

BTW were you watching the technician like a hawk when the work was going on? Did you see all the things he did? Did he just touch the things you said and nothing more. My Civic is serviced by the Honda dealership since zero meter. Masha Allah It is 7 years old with no problems. I stand there and question the tech about each and everything BEFORE he touches anything. At the risk of looking like an a** h**e and being a pain in the a** of the tech, I satisfy myself that nothing stupid is being done. End result is that he is careful of what he is about to do.

The problem with Toyota is that they have not officially imported the Prius to Pakistan thus the Japanese have not trained the technicians on the Prius unlike the Camry, Pardo, Land Cruiser etc. Specifically in the case of the Prius, going to Toyota or Ustaad Rehmat Ali sitting under a tree is essentially the same thing.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post
    FYI Toyota has officially imported Prius in Pakistan and is selling it through its dealership.
    I stand corrected. Thank you for setting right. In this case, there is no reason why the people at Toyota messed up @Aakif_Malik's car. Since the car is supported by the dealer, then it changes the game. He has every right to take up the problem with the Indus management and be a pain in their side until they fix his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a little clarification.

IMC will not entertain you with your Japan domestic gray market import Prius just like they dont entertain you with any JDM import corolla. <--- that is the fine print everyone overlooks.

With such issues like the OP is trying to resolve - the local support is only for models that were sold through the local agents. They will refuse to serve you in this case no matter if the badge is toyota - trying to fight on technical scale will render useless because they will prove it on tech sheets that the car is not meant for this country.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, imc does entertain jdm cars, but don't repair everything on them. Took friends vitz to Toyota for first tuning, they agreed to everything except for cvt gear oil change.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Well, imc does entertain jdm cars, but don't repair everything on them. Took friends vitz to Toyota for first tuning, they agreed to everything except for cvt gear oil change.

oil change or scanning for codes is not called repair, repair is if they can tear down the CVT unit and rebuild it to full 100% manufacturer specification. Or they can actually test the engine for ill running, with JDM they have no set point for testing, these are used cars - some are thrashed and repaired and they (dealership) cannot test such cars for 100% performance.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would tend to agree with @faiz.aslam.121. After all they worked their magic on OP's Prius. So what avenue remains open to OP? He is based in Lahore, maybe go to another Toyota Indus Motor dealer? There are 8 of them there. Toyota dealer IMHO will always be a better bet than local ustaads. Showing the other dealer the invoice from the previous place might get him a discount. No harm in trying. Car is already messed up.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Basically with all these newer japanese cars, once you get the throttle body washed, or even unplug a single cable to get access to the spark plugs, you need to reset the computer and recalibrate the sensors. This is called "relearn". All sensor positions have to be reset. The car is drive by wire, which means that there is no direct connection between the padel and the throtle, its done through a computer which gives a signal to the actuator. Therefore what you need to do is go to the authorized toyota dealership, and have them connect it to the computer which will recalibrate it. Just takes 5 minutes and you ll be done. The local mechanics cannot do anything to solve this problem. Its a software issue. The local mechanics will just make it worse.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BTW I don't get the logic of washing the throttle body or Mass Air Meter. I have come across this activity in Pakistan. All my cars have never had their throtte bodies washed - ever. My cars having throttle bodies include(d) 1988 Jaguar Sovereign (150,000km) 1987 Mercedes 500SEC (350,000km) - didn't have a air mass meter - Bosch K-Jetonic, 1998 BMW 540i (270,000km), 2004 BMW 745Li (120,000km), 2003 Spectra (175,000 and rising), 2007 Civic (55,000 and rising). I have not listed my carburettor cars here. All my cars with throttle bodies never gave me any trouble in the tuning department ever. BTW each and every car was, and is, dealer maintained (with the exception of the Mercedes) so you can't say that I overlooked washing the throttle body.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the throttle body wash is a gimmick to keep the money flowing into the pockets of the mechanic, We all know that today's cars are very low maintenance compared to any car of the 50s or 60s which required a full carby clean and distributor lube along with repacking wheel bearings and 2000 kms oil change.

Todays cars have no carby, no distributor, sealed wheel bearings and use long life oil - the local mechanics know this and have created this story to keep their shops open.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the throttle body wash is a gimmick to keep the money flowing into the pockets of the mechanic, We all know that today's cars are very low maintenance compared to any car of the 50s or 60s which required a full carby clean and distributor lube along with repacking wheel bearings and 2000 kms oil change.

Todays cars have no carby, no distributor, sealed wheel bearings and use long life oil - the local mechanics know this and have created this story to keep their shops open.
    Naqvi Sb. calling it a gimmick makes a lot of sense to me. Both the Civic and the Spectra have their oil changed as per intervals mentioned in the service booklet. Other items also done as per intervals in the booklet (fluids, filters, plugs, inspections etc). The booklet stamped by the dealer and in all this nowhere does it say to have the throttle body washed.

During my 20 years in Saudi driving in 50C heat through sand storms...No one did throttle body washes. In MHO washing the throttle body may do more harm than good to the thin hair like hot wire in most sensors.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Still, our mechanics are not coming out of the circle that Throttle body is the every thing in the car. Now mostly the cars are driven through some sensors.
    @ poster, reset the ecu or recalibrate it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    Still, our mechanics are not coming out of the circle that Throttle body is the every thing in the car. Now mostly the cars are driven through some sensors.
    @ poster, reset the ecu or recalibrate it.
    no, you just control the throttle body electronically....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post

Please try to understand that tuning is only required with vehicles having fuel mixture prepared through carburettor.
    For EFI, or direct injection engines, just replace engine oil, replace filters, check fluids etc. Get diagnostics done only when an error has appeared on the display.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi

I am having average problem, since i have changed the breaking discs, it was 17-20/km now it is 13/km, i have re-checked the replaced disc and get them reduced in size but same issue.
    Please let me know if you have some solution of it. Wasif 0313-5136393.
    Thx.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wtaseer View Post
    Hi

I am having average problem, since i have changed the breaking discs, it was 17-20/km now it is 13/km, i have re-checked the replaced disc and get them reduced in size but same issue.
    Please let me know if you have some solution of it. Wasif 0313-5136393.
    Thx.
    I think you mean that you got the "Disk Brake Pads" replaced, I suggest that you go back to your mechanic and ask him to Bleed the brake system, as it seems that the disc pads are rubbing against the discs.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

17. 01-11-2016, 11:44 AM

Site Banned

Reason
    spam

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List