Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 762
Like Tree459Likes

Thread: Carla - The Red Prius - aliusman420

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Carla - The Red Prius - aliusman420

    Salaam everyone.

    Presenting "Carla"

    So it's been quite a while since I bought the Prius but never got time to create a thread for it specifically, although shared its pics in several forums.
    It is a 2010 model, S-Touring Edition in Barcelona Red color, imported in end 2013 and with me since 16th January 2014.
    I bought it from one of the few reliable importers out there, that is, @Sharabhi a.k.a Shahzaib Rasheed bhai. The deal went real smooth, I saw the pics of the car on his Facebook page JDM Imports and called him up. After a bit of discussion, he sent me every possible detail he had of the vehicle even before I made any commitment to buy the car. The details were the original auction pictures, original Japan yard pictures with odometer pictures of the actual mileage, original auction sheet (which I got verified from my own person in Japan and it was as it is) and container unloading video and pictures. Some days later my friend who lives in Karachi and owns a Prius himself combined with all sorts of knowledge he has acquired about hybrids in his 2+ years of ownership, went and inspected the car and gave me the verdict that this is the car to go for. I made the token payment to Shahzaib bhai's friend here in Islamabad and after a day or two, the car got loaded on the truck and reached Islamabad in the next few days. When it arrived, I along with my mother went and took a test drive of the car and reached the decision of making the payment the same day. Some hours later we came with the pay order and took the delivery of the vehicle.
    I am well-aware of the JDMs that are being brought into Pakistan and this car is absolutely not like them, it is a class apart. When I was buying this car, many friends said me to buy a MarkX, a brand new Civic or a 2006-07 Mercedes C180 and even though they are good cars, I needed a car which looks good, drives good and is easy on my wallet, and Prius was the ultimate choice.
    Even being a 2010 model, the car feels brand new Masha Allah, the drive is highly comfortable, the road grip is far beyond the local sedans, high speed cornering is a piece of cake in this vehicle Alhamdulillah, and among all the other luxuries, it is fulfilling the one Prius is well-known for, it's fuel consumption
    I am in no way a hypermiler and many times I have to drive like a maniac while getting late for University or some friends gathering, and AC is on all the time, still the car fares far above than other cars like Civic or Altis. To be very honest, I cannot be more satisfied in another car after driving this beauty. Even though the price tag was higher than the so-called market price (of the accidental cars), the car is worth every penny I tell you.

    1. Recent Islamabad pictures Page 1.
    2. Fuel average 20 km/l over 145 km Page 2.
    3. Original Japan Auction pictures, Day 1 Islamabad pictures and multi-info speedometer display pictures Page 4.
    4. Interior Pics Page 8.
    5. Pics with our new 11th Gen Corolla GLi AT Page 10.
    6. Detailing products arrived from Ahmad Yar bhai Page 13.
    7. Extensive detailing sessions pics Page 13 & 14.
    8. Carla got new tints and horn Page 17.


    Here you go with the pictures, please do not forget to say Masha Allah
    The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475045The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475046The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475047The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475048The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475049The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475050The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475051The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475052The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475053The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475054The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475055

    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  2. #281
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    The car has finly attained a nickname.
    "Carla". @MOD kindly change the title to
    "Carla - The Red Prius - aliusman420"


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    @MOD kindly change the thread title, it's a request


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  3. #282
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default "Carla The Red Prius - aliusman420"

    Thanks mods for the title change
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  4. #283
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed1616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ali bhai, i appreciate your passion for your cars. Mashallah.

  5. #284
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed1616 View Post
    Ali bhai, i appreciate your passion for your cars. Mashallah.
    Thanks a lot sir!
    I treat them like family, they're more than just cars to me


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  6. #285
    PakWheeler Follow
    mouzzanKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    21
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Salaam everyone.

    Presenting "Carla"

    So it's been quite a while since I bought the Prius but never got time to create a thread for it specifically, although shared its pics in several forums.
    It is a 2010 model, S-Touring Edition in Barcelona Red color, imported in end 2013 and with me since 16th January 2014.
    I bought it from one of the few reliable importers out there, that is, @Sharabhi a.k.a Shahzaib Rasheed bhai. The deal went real smooth, I saw the pics of the car on his Facebook page JDM Imports and called him up. After a bit of discussion, he sent me every possible detail he had of the vehicle even before I made any commitment to buy the car. The details were the original auction pictures, original Japan yard pictures with odometer pictures of the actual mileage, original auction sheet (which I got verified from my own person in Japan and it was as it is) and container unloading video and pictures. Some days later my friend who lives in Karachi and owns a Prius himself combined with all sorts of knowledge he has acquired about hybrids in his 2+ years of ownership, went and inspected the car and gave me the verdict that this is the car to go for. I made the token payment to Shahzaib bhai's friend here in Islamabad and after a day or two, the car got loaded on the truck and reached Islamabad in the next few days. When it arrived, I along with my mother went and took a test drive of the car and reached the decision of making the payment the same day. Some hours later we came with the pay order and took the delivery of the vehicle.
    I am well-aware of the JDMs that are being brought into Pakistan and this car is absolutely not like them, it is a class apart. When I was buying this car, many friends said me to buy a MarkX, a brand new Civic or a 2006-07 Mercedes C180 and even though they are good cars, I needed a car which looks good, drives good and is easy on my wallet, and Prius was the ultimate choice.
    Even being a 2010 model, the car feels brand new Masha Allah, the drive is highly comfortable, the road grip is far beyond the local sedans, high speed cornering is a piece of cake in this vehicle Alhamdulillah, and among all the other luxuries, it is fulfilling the one Prius is well-known for, it's fuel consumption
    I am in no way a hypermiler and many times I have to drive like a maniac while getting late for University or some friends gathering, and AC is on all the time, still the car fares far above than other cars like Civic or Altis. To be very honest, I cannot be more satisfied in another car after driving this beauty. Even though the price tag was higher than the so-called market price (of the accidental cars), the car is worth every penny I tell you.

    1. Recent Islamabad pictures Page 1.
    2. Fuel average 20 km/l over 145 km Page 2.
    3. Original Japan Auction pictures, Day 1 Islamabad pictures and multi-info speedometer display pictures Page 4.
    4. Interior Pics Page 8.


    Here you go with the pictures, please do not forget to say Masha Allah
    The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475045The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475046The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475047The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475048The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475049The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475050The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475051The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475052The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475053The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475054The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475055
    brother what about the ground clearance of prius touring selection ? i have kept prius new shape but not Touring package and the experience was not good just because of ground clearance pichay 2 loag ajai to lagti thi !

  7. #286
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mouzzanKhan View Post
    brother what about the ground clearance of prius touring selection ? i have kept prius new shape but not Touring package and the experience was not good just because of ground clearance pichay 2 loag ajai to lagti thi !
    Ground clearance is an issue only when the car is loaded, that is 2-3 passengers in the back seat. You have to be dead slow to cross a speedbump and if it is significantly higher then you have to use the zigzag method otherwise the car hits the speedbump and not just scrapes.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  8. #287
    PakWheeler Follow
    mouzzanKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    21
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Ground clearance is an issue only when the car is loaded, that is 2-3 passengers in the back seat. You have to be dead slow to cross a speedbump and if it is significantly higher then you have to use the zigzag method otherwise the car hits the speedbump and not just scrapes.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    bro whats the main differnce b/w normal suspension n touring suspension ?

  9. #288
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mouzzanKhan View Post
    bro whats the main differnce b/w normal suspension n touring suspension ?
    Touring is a bit stiffer and maybe lower than standard one, handling of Touring edition is like velvet at high speeds.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  10. #289
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    She's a beauty MA !!

  11. #290
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    She's a beauty MA !!
    Thank you sir!


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  12. #291
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmad_yar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,809
    Follows
    27
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Waxed using Meguiar's #26 wax followed by Quik Detailer. Then Endurance spray on tires.
    Interior to be detailed in a while.
    Do say Masha Allah

    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1417856159.194677.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  137.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1417856180.137446.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  197.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1417856203.788221.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  169.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1417856227.690922.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  198.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1417856253.411120.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  230.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1417856278.554654.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  223.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1417856303.230462.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  223.3 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Mashallah Carla glowing
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

  13. #292
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    Mashallah Carla glowing
    Ahmad bhai aap ne jo make up ka samaan bheja tha us ka kamaal hai!


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  14. #293
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ali.7861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,135
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Ahmad bhai aap ne jo make up ka samaan bheja tha us ka kamaal hai!


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Carla Gujjar


    Anything But Car ABC

  15. #294
    PakWheeler Follow
    shoaibjafri9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bhakkar
    Age
    22
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    one of the Hot prius on pakwheels
    May you always be Happy :-)

  16. #295
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shoaibjafri9 View Post
    one of the Hot prius on pakwheels
    Thank you sir!


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  17. 12-12-2014, 06:17 AM

    Site Banned

    Reason
    not needed

  18. 12-12-2014, 06:44 AM

    Site Banned

    Reason
    not needed

  19. #296
    PakWheeler Follow
    AABBDDuullaahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    First of all, Mash'Allah a beautiful ride you have. And very well maintained indeed.
    I'd like your honest opinion about car purchase prius vs grande. Being an owner of both an 11th gen and a prius gen 3 what are your views and what would you suggest.
    The only thing till now stopping us from getting the prius over the corolla is it being 2~3years old. As we're planning to buy a 12or13 S model with 5grade auction sheet and less than 20k on the odo, and such a car costs 25lack compared to the 23lack corolla.
    these features in the prius rule over the rolla climate control, keyless entry and start, immobilizer, hybrid system(the smoothness and it's fuel economy (y) ) , and ofcourse the ESC
    And the corolla well it will be BRAND NEW, more than required ground clearance which is really good, a sunroof and pedal shifters is slightly attractive though only the brand new factor attracts me.
    Well i've elaborated my situation in the clearest possible way, and really look forward to your opinion and suggestions.

  20. #297
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AABBDDuullaahh View Post
    First of all, Mash'Allah a beautiful ride you have. And very well maintained indeed.
    I'd like your honest opinion about car purchase prius vs grande. Being an owner of both an 11th gen and a prius gen 3 what are your views and what would you suggest.
    The only thing till now stopping us from getting the prius over the corolla is it being 2~3years old. As we're planning to buy a 12or13 S model with 5grade auction sheet and less than 20k on the odo, and such a car costs 25lack compared to the 23lack corolla.
    these features in the prius rule over the rolla climate control, keyless entry and start, immobilizer, hybrid system(the smoothness and it's fuel economy (y) ) , and ofcourse the ESC
    And the corolla well it will be BRAND NEW, more than required ground clearance which is really good, a sunroof and pedal shifters is slightly attractive though only the brand new factor attracts me.
    Well i've elaborated my situation in the clearest possible way, and really look forward to your opinion and suggestions.
    Brother thanks a lot for the nice words!
    Now coming towards your question, both cars are good in their own way. In features and specs, however, Prius takes a massive lead. You can drive a Prius an entire day and still won't get tired or exhausted. Corolla is comfortable too and Grande has CVT transmission which is very light on fuel plus you have the option of sunroof and paddle shifters.
    2012 model Prius is very expensive, it has facelifted bumpers plus changed lights and slight changes in interior, recently some months ago Shahzaib bhai sold one S-Touring 2012 model for 3.5 million whereas my Prius cost me around 2.7 million including registration. And the criteria that you have for Prius of 5 grade and less than 20k on odo, the car will get really expensive.
    The driving pleasure of Prius is unmatched, plus it is more responsive to the throttle than Grande. Plus you get option of driving seat height adjuster and in Touring edition you get 17" FF alloys, touring suspension which makes high speed handling velvet, HID projector headlamps, headlamp washers, 8 Airbags etc. Plus there is Push Start with Immobilizer in Prius and SMART lock/unlock system, you never need to take out the remote/key from your pocket. The interior of Prius is made of very high quality plastic, the steering is physically very soft and is speed-sensitive whereas in Corolla it is quite hard and is a bit too light, but this can be my personal opinion.
    As for ride height, Corolla is better because it does not hit speedbumps but personally I prefer lower cars. Also spares of Prius are currently very expensive but who bangs his car every other day? Resale factor is also there, Prius resale is currently low but if you want to keep the car for a long time this thing gets eliminated.
    To me, Prius seems a more practical option in urban areas whereas if you have a lot of travelling in rural areas or where roads are not in a good condition, go for Grande.
    If you import a Prius the time period will be maximum 2 months for the car to reach your home from the auction and for Grade the deliveries are now being given for June.
    So there you go! make up your mind and choose wisely. Test drive both the cars first and then make up your mind


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  21. #298
    PakWheeler Follow
    sun2sunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    personally i used this color for a week its a good "maroon" color not red please change the color in topic..........red color ki prius abhi tak mai ne nhi dekhi thanks
    -

  22. #299
    PakWheeler Follow
    AABBDDuullaahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Brother thanks a lot for the nice words!
    Now coming towards your question, both cara are good in their own way. In features and specs, however, Prius takes a massive lead. You can drive a Prius an entire day and still won't get tired or exhausted. Corolla is comfortable too and Grande has CVT transmission which is very light on fuel plus you have the option of sunroof and paddle shifters.
    2012 model Prius is very expensive, it has facelifted bumpers plus changed lights and slight changes in interior, recently some months ago Shahzaib bhai sold one S-Touring 2012 model for 3.5 million whereas my Prius cost me around 2.7 million including registration. And the criteria that you have for Prius of 5 grade and less than 20k on odo, the car will get really expensive.
    The driving pleasure of Prius is unmatched, plus it is more responsive to the throttle than Grande. Plus you get option of driving seat height adjuster and in Touring edition you get 17" FF alloys, touring suspension which makes high speed handling velvet, HID projector headlamps, headlamp washers, 8 Airbags etc. Plus there is Push Start with Immobilizer in Prius and SMART lock/unlock system, you never need to take out the remote/key from your pocket. The interior of Prius is made of very high quality plastic, the steering is physically very soft and is speed-sensitive whereas in Corolla it is quite hard and is a bit too light, but this can be my personal opinion.
    As for ride height, Corolla is better because it does not hit speedbumps but personally I prefer lower cars. Also spares of Prius are currently very expensive but who bangs his car every other day? Resale factor is also there, Prius resale is currently low but if you want to keep the car for a long time this thing gets eliminated.
    To me, Prius seems a more practical option in urban areas whereas if you have a lot of travelling in rural areas or where roads are not in a good condition, go for Grande.
    If you import a Prius the time period will be maximum 2 months for the car to reach your home from the auction and for Grade the deliveries are now being given for June.
    So there you go! make up your mind and choose wisely. Test drive both the cars first and then make up your mind


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

    well such an elaborate and detailed answer, can't thank you enough for taking out time and replying. Am grateful
    And yes i just recently got a quote from shahzaib bhai for 2012 facelift S model 5 grade which costs about 2490k till home (lahore). And the low mileage and high grade is the only reason i'm going for the S base model to bring to a justifiable 2.5~2.6 million. (S touring is definitely expensive)
    So should i just go with it as most of my travelling is on lahore's best roads DHA and Gulberg, and if i get 5 grade low mileage, about 15k kms, it should be close to, if not as good as a new?
    have 2 cars JDMs (belta and ekwagon) havent had to change anything to date (been 1.5years) except for regular tuning and oil changes. So spares i guess wont be a headache. And even if God-forbid something happens, we always have bilal gunj

  23. #300
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AABBDDuullaahh View Post
    well such an elaborate and detailed answer, can't thank you enough for taking out time and replying. Am grateful
    And yes i just recently got a quote from shahzaib bhai for 2012 facelift S model 5 grade which costs about 2490k till home (lahore). And the low mileage and high grade is the only reason i'm going for the S base model to bring to a justifiable 2.5~2.6 million. (S touring is definitely expensive)
    So should i just go with it as most of my travelling is on lahore's best roads DHA and Gulberg, and if i get 5 grade low mileage, about 15k kms, it should be close to, if not as good as a new?
    have 2 cars JDMs (belta and ekwagon) havent had to change anything to date (been 1.5years) except for regular tuning and oil changes. So spares i guess wont be a headache. And even if God-forbid something happens, we always have bilal gunj
    No worries bro, I think it's our responsibility to properly guide someone when it comes to cars, because it involves a lot of money.
    In my view at least go for S-LED, it will have everything Touring edition other than big rims and different suspension, and has added advantage of two tone interior, looks very graceful.
    In DHA and Gulberg Prius are abundant so I guess you should go for it as well, because the roads over there are pretty good.
    5 grade proves to be too expensive, go for a 4-4.5 grade one with around even 30k on the odo, you won't feel the difference. My car had above 47,000 when I bought it and now when I bought brand new Corolla other than plastic on seats the new car feel was there in the 3-4 years old Prius.
    And as you currently own JDMs it's good if your next car is a JDM as well, because PKDM mein maza nahi aaye ga aap ko ab to be very honest, there is a reason my mother is still using her manual Lancer instead of the automatic Corolla, the GLi has clocked just a little above 600 km from 1st Oct till now
    For spares, Prius has the advantage of Kabuli and brand new parts both, as it is officially launched by IMC last year.
    And last but not the least, buy your car from Shahzaib bhai only, he is a trustworthy person among all the car sellers specially of imported ones I have come across.
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •