2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Carla - The Red Prius - aliusman420

Salaam everyone.

Presenting "Carla"

So it's been quite a while since I bought the Prius but never got time to create a thread for it specifically, although shared its pics in several forums.
    It is a 2010 model, S-Touring Edition in Barcelona Red color, imported in end 2013 and with me since 16th January 2014.
    I bought it from one of the few reliable importers out there, that is, @Sharabhi a.k.a Shahzaib Rasheed bhai. The deal went real smooth, I saw the pics of the car on his Facebook page JDM Imports and called him up. After a bit of discussion, he sent me every possible detail he had of the vehicle even before I made any commitment to buy the car. The details were the original auction pictures, original Japan yard pictures with odometer pictures of the actual mileage, original auction sheet (which I got verified from my own person in Japan and it was as it is) and container unloading video and pictures. Some days later my friend who lives in Karachi and owns a Prius himself combined with all sorts of knowledge he has acquired about hybrids in his 2+ years of ownership, went and inspected the car and gave me the verdict that this is the car to go for. I made the token payment to Shahzaib bhai's friend here in Islamabad and after a day or two, the car got loaded on the truck and reached Islamabad in the next few days. When it arrived, I along with my mother went and took a test drive of the car and reached the decision of making the payment the same day. Some hours later we came with the pay order and took the delivery of the vehicle.
    I am well-aware of the JDMs that are being brought into Pakistan and this car is absolutely not like them, it is a class apart. When I was buying this car, many friends said me to buy a MarkX, a brand new Civic or a 2006-07 Mercedes C180 and even though they are good cars, I needed a car which looks good, drives good and is easy on my wallet, and Prius was the ultimate choice.
    Even being a 2010 model, the car feels brand new Masha Allah, the drive is highly comfortable, the road grip is far beyond the local sedans, high speed cornering is a piece of cake in this vehicle Alhamdulillah, and among all the other luxuries, it is fulfilling the one Prius is well-known for, it's fuel consumption
    I am in no way a hypermiler and many times I have to drive like a maniac while getting late for University or some friends gathering, and AC is on all the time, still the car fares far above than other cars like Civic or Altis. To be very honest, I cannot be more satisfied in another car after driving this beauty. Even though the price tag was higher than the so-called market price (of the accidental cars), the car is worth every penny I tell you.

1. Recent Islamabad pictures Page 1.
    2. Fuel average 20 km/l over 145 km Page 2.
    3. Original Japan Auction pictures, Day 1 Islamabad pictures and multi-info speedometer display pictures Page 4.
    4. Interior Pics Page 8.
    5. Pics with our new 11th Gen Corolla GLi AT Page 10.
    6. Detailing products arrived from Ahmad Yar bhai Page 13.
    7. Extensive detailing sessions pics Page 13 & 14.
    8. Carla got new tints and horn Page 17.

Here you go with the pictures, please do not forget to say Masha Allah
    The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475045The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475046The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475047The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475048The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475049The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475050The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475051The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475052The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475053The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475054The Red Prius  aliusman420 -1475055

8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Yes saving is must because Prius ka stuff mehnga hoo ga and Kash aap Lahore hotay tu paint kerwa deta
    And agar zaroorat pari to aa jayen ge Lahore aisi kya baat hai

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk
    Thoray aur arsay ki baat hai bas Prius aur Corolla/Civic ke aftermarket samaan mein zyada fark nahi rahay ga, I hope it happens soon

Quote Originally Posted by abc1111 View Post
    Have seen a prius with the same tail lights it those'nt looks good on it

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Oh that's sad :/
    Any tail light you have in mind bro?
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Thoray aur arsay ki baat hai bas Prius aur Corolla/Civic ke aftermarket samaan mein zyada fark nahi rahay ga, I hope it happens soon

Lahore Bilal gunj mai Prius ki her cheez hai at cheap rates.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post

No i don't know bro
    But i suggest to check ebay

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lahore Bilal gunj mai Prius ki her cheez hai at cheap rates.

True, Bilal Gunj is a small heaven for imported car parts!
    But Lahore trip nazar nahi aa raha for at least a month

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abc1111 View Post
    No i don't know bro
    But i suggest to check ebay

okay thanks bro!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MA SHA ALLAH

ALLAH buri nazar se bachaye . Ameen
    Yaar ali bhai pyaar ho gaya hai apki prius dekh dekh k

Jab bhi betha kerein durood shareef ayat al kursi 4 Qul safar ki dua ghar se nikalne ki dua phir durood shareef aur dam kerliya kerein..
    This is really eye catching and really attractive ride
    ALLAH hifzo aman mein rakhay
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    MA SHA ALLAH

ALLAH buri nazar se bachaye . Ameen
    Yaar ali bhai pyaar ho gaya hai apki prius dekh dekh k

Jab bhi betha kerein durood shareef ayat al kursi 4 Qul safar ki dua ghar se nikalne ki dua phir durood shareef aur dam kerliya kerein..
    This is really eye catching and really attractive ride
    ALLAH hifzo aman mein rakhay

Thanks a lot Ahmed bhai for the nice words!
    Itnay pyaar kanay walay ho gaye hain ab toh, Allah khair karay
    Yes aap ne sahi kaha yeh sab parh ke nikalna chahye taakeh buri nazar se bachi rahay aur apni bhi hifazat rahay
    Alhamdulillah jahan bhi jaati hai kafi heads turn karti hai, specially of the opposite gender

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsFand26 View Post
    still.............why get a used, sprayed car when you can get a new one
    I have a new civic. Had a corolla before that. Maybe it's just me. I don't buy used car. Never bought one. Will never buy one. but then......that's just me

no matter how good this gets. Still cannot beat a total genuine brand new car off a showroom floor.
    There s a reason that used sprayed car is equal in price to so called GENUUUIne brand new craps they sell at our showrooms ... Dont mean to sound too blunt but after owning and experiencing zero meters from our local monopoly giants ( 9th gen was my last ) i can safely say InshAllah im not going anywhere near a PKDM again at least as my primary family car. and yes Its just you probably its just that mindset instilled in us for years of a " ZERO METER " , the same mindset which has allowed Honda Atlas, Toyota Indus to flourish here despite their quality levels going way down in the past decade.. These used JDM s not only beat our zero meter PKDMs but crush them ... Be it technology, built, quality, features, safety, drive, durability or any possible comparable one can come up with .. the only single PKDM has over JDM is resale and relatively cheaper maintenance .. thats it .. 5 9th Gen civics in my family, every one had to pay multiple visits to Honda workshops including myself to get small manufacturing glitches fixed. That after paying almost 2.4 Million PKR. Hell my R grade 660cc is way soundless than that ... If this is not taking advantage of the ZERO METER mindset then go figure .. I, for one have decided not to be a part of Local substandard monopoly anymore ...
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And what guarantee do you have that your masterpiece import isn't driven by a maniac in the past?
    I guess you guys don't have any issue driving used, repaired/sprayed cars with no history of how it was driven or maintained.
    I, for one, will always go for a new one. Be it a pkdm with flaws. I have a certain peace of mind with it.
    peace out.
    cheers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsFand26 View Post
    And what guarantee do you have that your masterpiece import isn't driven by a maniac in the past?
    I guess you guys don't have any issue driving used, repaired/sprayed cars with no history of how it was driven or maintained.
    I, for one, will always go for a new one. Be it a pkdm with flaws. I have a certain peace of mind with it.
    peace out.
    cheers
    The guarantee is auction report and grading system that they use in Japan .. needless to say they are much reliable than our hypocrites sitting here .. For over 2 decades people around me in family and friends have imported JDM s and a good grade car has never ever disappointed anyone to my knowledge. that speaks for itself yess they are machines and might encounter a problem or two but at the end of the day its not a couple of vehicles which determine the authenticity of JDM s but thousands if vehicles over decades tell you the real story ... Ive owned PKDM civic all zero meter from 2000 .. yet it was very obvious in the 9th gens ive witnessed the quality has gone down considerably over past few years ..all due to this mentality of ZERO METER .. they know that even if they save money and compromise on quality, they ll get away with it coz there's no real quality or manufacturing control/check here unlike in JAPAN/EUROPE/US where the regulations are very strict ... Peace of mind my friend is a very relative term .. for most people it comes with good resale and easy maintenance, for autophiles it comes with having true value for money of the vehicle you own .. Peace
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

k
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aliusman420, beautiful car MA SHA ALLAH. Regarding ZERO METER PKDMs - we bought Zero meter Honda city Aspire in 2012. Collected the car ourselves from showroom and last year when we went to sale it we came to know that one of the rear side was RE-PAINTED. We did not bother to check it because it was a ZERO METER car. There are many such examples of these so called ZERO METER cars. BTW nothing personal just sharing so that others can be careful.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by k View Post
    aliusman420, beautiful car MA SHA ALLAH. Regarding ZERO METER PKDMs - we bought Zero meter Honda city Aspire in 2012. Collected the car ourselves from showroom and last year when we went to sale it we came to know that one of the rear side was RE-PAINTED. We did not bother to check it because it was a ZERO METER car. There are many such examples of these so called ZERO METER cars. BTW nothing personal just sharing so that others can be careful.
    @drzac has explained very well the quality issues in JEERO MEETAR PKDMs.
    And I know several cases who have been a victim like you in brand new cars of being repaired prior to delivery.
    If you ever get time visit the Tarnol area where these cars are unloaded from the carriers, they have huge workshops there which dent paint the cars damaged during delivery/transit and at the showroom no one would suspect that the car is repaired because it is on the showroom floor and is a JEERO MEETAR vehicle.

k
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes that's what happened with us ''we didn't suspect that the car is repaired because it was on the showroom floor and JEERO MEETAR vehicle.'' LOL.
    Also I have seen the Tarnol area and the damaged cars. Really bad.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by k View Post
    Yes that's what happened with us ''we didn't suspect that the car is repaired because it was on the showroom floor and JEERO MEETAR vehicle.'' LOL.
    Also I have seen the Tarnol area and the damaged cars. Really bad.
    The good thing of authentic Japanese vehicles is that the auction sheet mentions even a 1 inch scratch even if its on the rim, and they have various codes for touchups and part replacements.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliusman420 bhai what are your views on black color? No matter what car I get either Prius or Grande, I will be opting black color.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliusman420 bhai what are your views on black color? No matter what car I get either Prius or Grande, I will be opting black color.
    Black is one beautiful color, our 11th Gen GLi AT is black as well. When washed and waxed, it has its own charm. But maintenance of black color is a pain. It gets dirty very quickly and scratches get prominent on it very easily, plus it is more prone to swirls.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Carla Prius , MashAllah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliusman420 can you please PM me your car's auction sheet? it would be real help for my purchase.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sial_ali View Post
    Carla Prius , MashAllah
    Thanks sir!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AABBDDuullaahh View Post
    @aliusman420 can you please PM me your car's auction sheet? it would be real help for my purchase.
    Sending it in a while bro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

User Tag List