Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My Father's new Prius

Asalam-o-Alikum warahmatullah,

As my father's honda city "https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/135717-my-new-honda-city-2010-little-decent-modifications" is now on sale.... My father's new ride roles in. I will organize this thread later exactly like my Vitz thread in sha Allah. Right now just few glimpses. Do say Ma sha Allah.

My Fathers new PRIUS -1500218My Fathers new PRIUS -1500219My Fathers new PRIUS -1500220My Fathers new PRIUS -1500221

http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    You are right. But I'll have to get the seat covers. The beige is very whitish in color. Keeping it clean is very difficult. I really want to get some good seat covers. But now u have enlighten me with an inherent danger Dont know what to do.
    seat mounted air bag seats have specific seat covers which are made such that they have weak point to enable the bag to burst out when required.

just clean them out with a dry shampoo when they get dirty.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @xulfiqar - how about brake fluid flush ? before panic stricken user(s) goes crazy
    good idea anytime - best to do a pressure flush on prius.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MashaAllah, congratulations.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmmm. High octane serves good if engine knocks. If engine is not knocking than high octane serves almost no purpose. Many people say it increases mileage. Theoretically it more octane numbers have nothing to do with mileage. May there is some connection.
    True only if your car engine is a high compression engine designed for high octane!! I'm pretty sure most pakistani cars Corolla civic and even Prius do NOT need high octane. If anything it will lower the mileage. If a small engine car here in Pakistan is pinging it's because your petrol station put water in it!

You get normal mileage from a car like my LS400 1UZFE using high octane. Yes it will work in regular petrol even but it will get lower mileage so yes a car designed for high octane gets better mileage with high octane.

Put it in your rolla or Prius, the engine has to work harder to burn it!!!! Bad. Bad.

High octane doesn't mean better petrol as people think since it's more expensive. It's only more expensive because it costs more to produce. Its a big fallacy here for those who waste hard earned money adding high octane to their low compression engines.

Pakistan unlike usa does not use ethanol in their petrol so enjoy regular cheap low octane petrol !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yshah82 View Post
    True only if your car engine is a high compression engine designed for high octane!! I'm pretty sure most pakistani cars Corolla civic and even Prius do NOT need high octane. If anything it will lower the mileage. If a small engine car here in Pakistan is pinging it's because your petrol station put water in it!

You get normal mileage from a car like my LS400 1UZFE using high octane. Yes it will work in regular petrol even but it will get lower mileage so yes a car designed for high octane gets better mileage with high octane.

Put it in your rolla or Prius, the engine has to work harder to burn it!!!! Bad. Bad.

High octane doesn't mean better petrol as people think since it's more expensive. It's only more expensive because it costs more to produce. Its a big fallacy here for those who waste hard earned money adding high octane to their low compression engines.

Pakistan unlike usa does not use ethanol in their petrol so enjoy regular cheap low octane petrol !
    Good explanation

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yshah82 View Post

brother high octane fuel is one having higher octane number.....meaning it will burn better/efficiently resulting in better fuel mileage......based on what I read and personal experiance

I have used both higher and lower octane number fuel in my cars when I was in Australia......the difference is present and it offsets the difference in price (at least in Australia.....as an example...used 91 octane fuel in my 2010 Camry and the average was 9.5ish.....with 98 octane the mileage was 11ish....both within city....so in about 50 litres I was getting around 70 kms more.....with price difference of 14 cents a litre....the average per dollar was roughly the same (still 98 was a bit dearer)

yes u r right that higher octane fuels are better suited for V8's and turbo cars......always filled 98 in my V8's and turbos (supras, silvias, chasers, mark 2's)...he cars performed better with higher octanes......but in normal daily driven cars...it does not hurt to fill a bit of high octane as it surely gives better average and is a much cleaner fuel

but I will humbly disagree that it will make prius and rolla engine to work harder....its fuel with higher octane which means it will burn better thus would result in more average

and ethanol is the worst.....in the west they have made people to believe that ethanol is better for environment thus use this cleaner fuel to help the environment......point is.....u end up using more liters for the same number of kms driven......ethanol only increases the octane number but this increase is not translated into better mileage......have tried ethanol based fuel in Australia and believe me I hated it.......the car lacks power as compared to a non ethanol based fuel........once tried it in my Chevy V8 (LS1 5.7 liter) and believe me the car felt different and in a bad way

just my 1 cent through experience...........never meant to be offensive to your post
    we ride together......we die together.......BAD BOYS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarsaryar View Post
    brother high octane fuel is one having higher octane number.....meaning it will burn better/efficiently resulting in better fuel mileage......based on what I read and personal experiance

I have used both higher and lower octane number fuel in my cars when I was in Australia......the difference is present and it offsets the difference in price (at least in Australia.....as an example...used 91 octane fuel in my 2010 Camry and the average was 9.5ish.....with 98 octane the mileage was 11ish....both within city....so in about 50 litres I was getting around 70 kms more.....with price difference of 14 cents a litre....the average per dollar was roughly the same (still 98 was a bit dearer)

yes u r right that higher octane fuels are better suited for V8's and turbo cars......always filled 98 in my V8's and turbos (supras, silvias, chasers, mark 2's)...he cars performed better with higher octanes......but in normal daily driven cars...it does not hurt to fill a bit of high octane as it surely gives better average and is a much cleaner fuel

but I will humbly disagree that it will make prius and rolla engine to work harder....its fuel with higher octane which means it will burn better thus would result in more average

and ethanol is the worst.....in the west they have made people to believe that ethanol is better for environment thus use this cleaner fuel to help the environment......point is.....u end up using more liters for the same number of kms driven......ethanol only increases the octane number but this increase is not translated into better mileage......have tried ethanol based fuel in Australia and believe me I hated it.......the car lacks power as compared to a non ethanol based fuel........once tried it in my Chevy V8 (LS1 5.7 liter) and believe me the car felt different and in a bad way

just my 1 cent through experience...........never meant to be offensive to your post
    Yes. I think it's a misconception that it burns "better" or more "efficiently". It's harder to burn than regular petrol so it doesn't burn better at all. The higher the octane the harder it is to burn. But if it works for someone I guess so be it, would depend on the price difference. In Pakistan the price difference is massive per month and the gains not worth it if any. In usa its not much, if it was a lot higher difference I mignt even use regular in my premium car to save money. To each his own ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mubarak hoe
    >>>>>>Toyota Corolla GLI Ecotec- A power Machine<<<<<<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes. I think it's a misconception that it burns "better" or more "efficiently". It's harder to burn than regular petrol so it doesn't burn better at all. The higher the octane the harder it is to burn. But if it works for someone I guess so be it, would depend on the price difference. In Pakistan the price difference is massive per month and the gains not worth it if any. In usa its not much, if it was a lot higher difference I mignt even use regular in my premium car to save money. To each his own 

Brother i think it is no a misconception......its been a while since i read my engineering books but i remember correctly that higher octane number means that fuels burns ?better ? or ?efficiently?....is it was harder to burn , then it would not give higher average and would not be used in performance engines.....the only downside is that it is expensive

As far as difference in prices go...as i have mentioned earlier...its expensive to fill higher octane but u end up getting more mileage......as an example..try filling your car with lower octane fuel....difference wud b evident in performance as your car wud b sluggish....meaning again that higher octane does not mean its harder to burn, rather the fuel burns efficiently resulting in peak performance -)

Apologies to poster for being off track .....u got a nice car....many congrats for the purchase and happy hybriding :-)
    we ride together......we die together.......BAD BOYS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umarsaryar
    @yshah82
    @umarsaryar

Thank you so much for explanation brothers.

What I have concluded after literature review on internet is: High octane should be given to the rides who have knocking engines. Without knocking, high octane is just a waste of money. All engines are designed by keeping in mind a "RON-rating".

Explanation:
    What are octane ratings?

Octane ratings measure a gasoline's ability to resist engine knock — a rattling or pinging sound that results from premature ignition of the compressed fuel-air mixture in one or more cylinders. Most gas stations offer three octane grades: regular (usually 87 octane), mid-grade (usually 89 octane), and premium (usually 92 or 93).
    Source:
    https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0210-paying-premium-high-octane-gasoline

In Pakistan the normal grade is 87. I am assuming this because most bids on PSO website give number mogas - RON - 87 to their petrol.
    link for PSO:
    http://www.psopk.com/suppliers/tender_detail.php?tid=1666
    link for shell: ITB MOGAS-87 RON MIN (UNLEADAD)

The RON rating for toyota 1KR-FE engine (Toyota vitz 1.0) is 95! That is why it knocks a lot on normal fuel (87)

More powerful engines tolerate low octane fuels. Less powerful engines really mind with less octane numbers if they are designed by keeping in mine higher RON rating. So 1kr-fe reacts more to low octane fuel than 2SZ-fe and 2NZ-fe engines.

Final note: Hi-octane does not increase mileage. May be it can for few engines. But it is not made for increasing mileage. It might also not help in a "cleaned" engine i.e. it is not necessary that you get less carbon deposits with high-octane. It might also not give you more power! I have seen people putting high octane and getting low mileage than normal octane. It just is mixed with anti-knocking compounds. So I recommend that if your engine knocks, go for high octanes. Other wise pasay bachao bhaio!

*This is just a literature review. It may prove wrong. I myself has no expertise over this

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarsaryar View Post

Apologies to poster for being off track .....u got a nice car....many congrats for the purchase and happy hybriding :-)
    It's ok bro It's good to use theses threads for learning. Thank you so much. My best wishes for u.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umarsaryar
    @yshah82
    @umarsaryar

Thank you so much for explanation brothers.

What I have concluded after literature review on internet is: High octane should be given to the rides who have knocking engines. Without knocking, high octane is just a waste of money. All engines are designed by keeping in mind a "RON-rating".

Explanation:
    What are octane ratings?

Octane ratings measure a gasoline's ability to resist engine knock — a rattling or pinging sound that results from premature ignition of the compressed fuel-air mixture in one or more cylinders. Most gas stations offer three octane grades: regular (usually 87 octane), mid-grade (usually 89 octane), and premium (usually 92 or 93).
    Source:
    https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0210-paying-premium-high-octane-gasoline

In Pakistan the normal grade is 87. I am assuming this because most bids on PSO website give number mogas - RON - 87 to their petrol.
    link for PSO:
    http://www.psopk.com/suppliers/tender_detail.php?tid=1666
    link for shell: ITB MOGAS-87 RON MIN (UNLEADAD)

The RON rating for toyota 1KR-FE engine (Toyota vitz 1.0) is 95! That is why it knocks a lot on normal fuel (87)

More powerful engines tolerate low octane fuels. Less powerful engines really mind with less octane numbers if they are designed by keeping in mine higher RON rating. So 1kr-fe reacts more to low octane fuel than 2SZ-fe and 2NZ-fe engines.

Final note: Hi-octane does not increase mileage. May be it can for few engines. But it is not made for increasing mileage. It might also not help in a "cleaned" engine i.e. it is not necessary that you get less carbon deposits with high-octane. It might also not give you more power! I have seen people putting high octane and getting low mileage than normal octane. It just is mixed with anti-knocking compounds. So I recommend that if your engine knocks, go for high octanes. Other wise pasay bachao bhaio!

*This is just a literature review. It may prove wrong. I myself has no expertise over this
    Putting it simply

higher octane fuel flame kernel spreads in a more controlled rate as compared to lower octane which more or less explodes - longer chains vs smaller chains of HCs

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please Post Some More Pics and Give Review.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can someone guide me about the different variants of a prius ? The 1800cc version. Planning to join the club soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    Can someone guide me about the different variants of a prius ? The 1800cc version. Planning to join the club soon
    here you go
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...82#post4596459

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sohaib I only love ur cultus <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa. I found original number plates of Toyota Prius,
    LE-13-8555. If anyone knows the owner, who is Mr Shahbaz, as I have checked through excise and taxation Web site, please contact me. Or please give it vide circulation so that the owner could reach to me.
    Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ajall View Post
    Aoa. I found original number plates of Toyota Prius,
    LE-13-8555. If anyone knows the owner, who is Mr Shahbaz, as I have checked through excise and taxation Web site, please contact me. Or please give it vide circulation so that the owner could reach to me.
    Regards.
    Best method is police as I think if original is lost duplicate will be issued after registering FIR. Or maybe someone else can guide better
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks bro Let's hope this thing will serve good. I am not in piece of mind as I feel afraid of so much electronics.
    Bro whick pakage is it? Is it sled?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers