1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Engine Oil 0W-20 Prius

i myself imported prius 2011 1.8 full option which was driven 70000Km earlier. last time i went to Toyota local dealer for change on engine oil, they filled liqui Moly 5W-30 whereas owners manual recommends 0w-20.

i sent an email to Toyota Japan telling them all story. they apologized for misguiding local dealer and recommended me that i again re-fill 0w-20. now the problem is, this grade is not available in Pakistan with any company except Kixx; but i am confused whether to go with Kixx or should i import the 0w-20 (Mobil1 or Liqui Moly) from UK or Dubai. i am not confident in using Kixx engine oil.

what you guys prefer?

Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I guess Lahore is a big market for hybrid vehicles, Oil changers must bring this grade. I use to go to Makki oils and they said no one buys this grade. I have requested them to bring this grade (0-20) of some good company, I will will buy that and most probably more users will also.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by latifabbasi View Post
    I agree with you. I noticed decline in fuel economy the moment Toyota poured 5w40 in my 3rd gen prius.

Please suggest where can I get 0w20 in Karachi. The gas stations I have been to dont have this grade.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H818 using PW Forums mobile app
    I wil give a very good advice to you. Use Liquimoly 5W30. Don't use 0W20 for the sake of fuel economy.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even though this is a forum for prius but would share my experience on running 0W20 on vezel which is the recommended oil for the car as per manufacture manual. I have been using Honda (total) synthetic 5w30 for 10,000 km (2 oil changes) and then switched to Liqi moly 5w40 for 10,000km (2 oil change). Recently 0w20SN has been introduced by honda (total) for civic turbo so i decided why not. Following were my observations after using the oil for 500km till now,

1) Car feels more light on the pedal (same as you would feel from super to hi-octane)
    2) The transition from hybrid to engine and vice versa is more smooth (previously i could feel a bit of jerk especially when i started to use 5w40 liqimoly). This observation is vezel specific. Not sure how toyota hybrids would do.
    3) Fuel economy , its a highly debatable subject :-) and would vary from user experience. But can say 0,5 to 1 km/ltr additional.
    4) Since its winter now (atleast in isb in the morning) cold start and warm up is fast, makes sense (low viscosity oil comparing to 5w30 or 5w40)

I am no oil expert here just sharing my experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List