Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Suzuki GS-150 (Best bike in Pak)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki GS-150 (Best bike in Pak)

Hello Gentlemen,
    After having done a lot of surfing of Pak Wheel Threads I felt appropriate to make a new thread for Suzuki lovers in general and GS-150 lovers in particular. This GS-150 is undoubtedly the best available street bike in Pakistani Market.
    You all are requested to pl post the pictures of ur GS-150 and any usefull tips and modification recommendations for improvent in shape and performance. Till now I have always used Honda CG-125 but I tell you after having driven GS-150 it seems that I waisted my time and resources so far because there is hell of a difference in both bikes.
    I am posting few pictures here for your easy refference and at the same time looking forward for the valuable comments, information and experiences from your side.

Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32170 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32171 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32172 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32173 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32174 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32175 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32176 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32177 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32178 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32179 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32181 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32182 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32183 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32184 Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -32185

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone tell me about the adjustment of rear shocks of gs-150? how can i lower down the shocks little bit ? is it really works?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ enigmatool
    You need a C spanner to adjust the rear shocks. Normally the shocks are at position 3, you can bring it to 2 or even 1 if you only ride alone on carpeted roads and weigh less than 65 kg. Make sure you set both the shocks at the same level.
    Suzuki GS-150 Best bike in Pak -141281
    Sorry, don't remember the url for the image, its from a Honda site.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for the info asad01 bhai, i am planning to buy a GS150 within a few weeks, so i just wanted to get info about all of this stuff from the experts such as yourself. THE gS150 will be my first bike ever and that is why even though i live in lahore i dont know much about these things (maybe now is the time i start learning about this stuff!!). Anyways once again thank you very much for your prompt reply asad01 bhai.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one more question for you guys if you dont mind. from other threads i have learned that the paint job of Suzuki GS150 is not good, the electrical wiring system is also of poor quality and a few also reported that their bikes when delivered had engine faults (leaking oil etc etc) and all of these problems were posted by owners of GS150 back in 2007, now i want to ask you gentlemen if Suzuki has cleaned up its act or not and if the paint quality issue, the wiring issue and other issues have been resolved by Suzuki or not. I hope you gentlemen would enlighten me and would better enable me to make right purchase decision. Thank you for your response in advance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Difference Between GS150 and Gs125

@Experts
    I want to know what are the exact machanical differences between GS and GS.
    is GS125 easily convertable into 150 (exept electrical ignition)?
    IGNITE YOUR LIFE WITH WHEELS.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Umar45
    This post is for everyone who wants to buy the GS150.

About complaints in the forum:
    Most of the complaints about bikes on this forum are generally wishes unfulfilled and over-expectations not met, often coupled with inexperience and incorrect information and some are one-off personal experiences. Very few complaints are mentioned by multiple users(some of which are not exactly faults, just the way a bike was designed and people who don't like that particular thing still bought the bike and complained).

I bought my GS150 in mid 2008 and didn't have any of the problems you mention. In my bike there was a faulty front shock tube(it had a chip) that was replaced under warranty during running in period, it was probably a quality control problem that showed itself after about 300 km.

There was speedometer cable assembly problem that others have also mentioned and even the mechanics at Suzuki service centre also acknowledged. You just need to take extra care of the assembly and the speedometer and tachometer cables.

I never had any wiring problems, and the bike was fine when I bought it. I can't comment on the paint as it is not important for me and I have never paid any attention to it, it probably still looks the same as it was.

For first time buyers:
    Since it would be your first bike, i would strongly recommend that you borrow it from someone and have a few trial runs on routes that you will be riding regularly at the timings you will use it. Make sure you like the handling or at least can tolerate it in heavy traffic. Taking it for a spin on wide roads with less traffic doesn't mean anything.

Remember, the handling of GS150 is different from all other bikes in Pakistan, it is difficult to zig-zag in heavy traffic. If you have the patience and tolerance of watching a dozen or more 70 cc bikes overtake you at and between every traffic light then go for it, otherwise get a Suzuki Sprinter.

Sprinter has a shorter zero to 80 kph time than GS150 and it can zig-zag through the traffic with ease, which makes it a better in-city use bike. GS is the best long distance traveling bike in Pakistan. Make sure you buy according to your usage. If you will be using it for both in-city and long distance, then let your tolerance and patience be the deciding factor.

Misconception about Power:
    One misconception is about power, GS150 has the power to take a rider and a passenger over Nathiagali hills using about the same gears that it uses to take a single rider, thats what power is. If you like to speed run the bike don't bother with GS, buy a Kawasaki GTO or Yamaha RX115 they have the high torque required, it will be much cheaper as well, maybe you will save enough to buy a Chinese 70 cc bike for daily work.
    Asad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad01

Very well explained.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@massterr100

Both GS 125 & 150 have same bore size but differs in stroke so it means upgradation from 125 to 150 CC wud not be as easy coz it will require replacement of many parts like crank shaft(weight), connecting rod & may be cylinder & timing chain etc.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad01 thanks alot for your valuable time and explanation. Now i feel comfortable to buy this bike for me, I think i drive very carefully and hence i dont zing zang on road at all i try to behave responsibly on road so there wont be a handling issue but yes you are right i will definitely take it for a trial spin before making actual purchase. the reason i want this bike is because from all the owners and admirers of this bike i have learned that its a tough machine that would be with me for years and years to come (INSHA ALLAH). I cant thank you enough asad01 bhai for your time honestly i am 100% satisfied now and i will definitely get this bike in a few weeks. Thank you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Umar45 View Post
    @asad01 thanks alot for your valuable time and explanation. Now i feel comfortable to buy this bike for me, I think i drive very carefully and hence i dont zing zang on road at all i try to behave responsibly on road so there wont be a handling issue but yes you are right i will definitely take it for a trial spin before making actual purchase. the reason i want this bike is because from all the owners and admirers of this bike i have learned that its a tough machine that would be with me for years and years to come (INSHA ALLAH). I cant thank you enough asad01 bhai for your time honestly i am 100% satisfied now and i will definitely get this bike in a few weeks. Thank you
    bhai eyes pae patti band kar yae lae lo bike its a awesome machine.durable,powerfull and economy bike.what else u want??
    DAVIL MAY CRY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@adeel060 your comment further has further reinforced my decision to get this bike.Thank you very much sir.
    Cant wait to get this bike

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up realy nice bike

hi brothers,

gs150 is really a very power full bike,i have used it with three persons ,and every one was of 90kg approximately ,it didn,t show any sign of pressure on engine.instead its performance was beyond my expectation.

i have used it for a 475km long road ride with in a single day but it didn,t make me disappoint.

after 12000km the only money that i have spend over it was 150 RS for changing its clutch cable.

it is not punctured even after ten months.

AUR IS SAY ZAYADA DURABLE BIKE KONSI HOGI???????????????

GO AHEAD AND HAVE YOUR OWN SUZUKI 150CC, IK DAM BINDASS HO K.........................................

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother, last day on Oct-2, i purchased my new GS150, i m facing some problems, bike RPM is around 4000, in neutral phase, its being heated up, one thing more i have sense lot of smell, does it because of sealing? any danger of this?
    i am also required some serious suggestion about the engine oil, what it should be? i heard alto that GS150 recommend 10w40.
    if i use synthetic oil like ZIC? does it reduce my bike's life as compared to the natural oil?
    strong expert opinions are required,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@imran bhatti
    @asad
    @adeel
    i really need your expert opinions

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default police bikes

there are police bikes in pictures these are 150??????????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam to all members! when would the 2011 model of Suzuki GS150 be launched & any new improvement expect graphics.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ZHBabar View Post
    Salam to all members! when would the 2011 model of Suzuki GS150 be launched & any new improvement expect graphics.
    bhai abhee 2011 aa too laenae doo.!!
    DAVIL MAY CRY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZHBabar View Post
    Dear Babar, i dont think there would be any change other thn graphics. I went to free suzuki workshop for a check-up of my GS150. I talked to Suzuki personnel and they told that Suzuki is expected to launch 125cc sports version, with sports Gear Box (one forward , 4 back gears like Kawasaki sports). Lets hope that the information provided is correct.

I would like to comment that GS150 is a good bike. I m not a speed junkey. i like a bike which gives me enough and decent power + comfortable drive. I bought my bike in May of this year and i have done 1100 Kms on the bike and i do love this bike. I am not a frequent bike user and drive it just for fun at wkends. Thats the reason it does not has alot of miles on its meter.

Guys i would like to suggest all the owners of GS150, not to take this bike frequently to mechanics. This bike does not need alot of adjustments (brake and chain adjustment is what you would be looking for, please dont go to mechanics for tappat adjustment so frequently). My friend's GS150 has done more than 8000kms and his bike's tappats are still in original setting. OHC engines are normally less mechanic hungry. If you are in Pindi/Islamabad please only go to Safeer (Excellent Mechanic, Suzuki Kamaiti Chowk RWP). He solved couple of problems wid my bike which were actually created by Suzuki Taxila's Mechanic. Safeer's own GS's tappat's are on original setting and his bike has done nearly 10000kms. I would never recomend any one to go to Suzuki Taxila for any repair and maintenance, they dont have proper mechanics and equipment. GS improves it's efficiency with the passage of time. It will drive much better after 7000 to 9000 Kms.

Change engine oil and filters on time and ofcourse clean air filters after every 3000 kms. Change spark plug at 10000 kms and dats all ur GS needs, little bit of care and dats all.

I guarantee that you would love dis bike on long routes, on hilly areas. No other bike(avaiable in Pakistan) is as comfortable as GS. though at the same time i have concerns regarding quality of body parts which Suzuki is using.

I would like your further comments

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

front brake of my gs-150 is not working, bike cant stop quickly even after changing the front brake shoe. what should i do? any suggestions or any specific brakeshoe brand? another problem is i dont find the new spring of throttle on carburator. where could i find that spring?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ya i have used eco sprinter110 4 years and now m gonna buy a gs150 just bcoz i have good experiance to suzuki . yesterday i went to suzuki showroom cometti chowk and done a test drive that was good but very short drive then i asked a sales boy for test drive who had his owmn 150 . he allowed me and i really enjoyed that bike. and one good news for all suzuki owners . that JAPAN team is visiting cometti chowk rawalpindi showroom for customers comments on 29th october i mean tomorrow. so take a benefit .
    CRAZY BIKE RIDER

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List