1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki GS150CC / GS125CC

Please if you are using one of these bikes or have information please post ur comments.......

WARNING: Stay on the Topic, If you wanna Chat with each other use the Live Chat or call each other on Phone. All un-related replies will be deleted.

In love with my Nissan Altima 3.5 litre 260HP Manual Edition..............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i just bought my suzuki gs 125 last week, thanks to this forum which help me alot. so far its working very well, n my bike z in running but stil i cant resist to open it on highway, i hope it wont effect engine that much.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys! I just bought my black GS 150 today! gonna arrive on wednesday (paid by cheque)

I'm getting a 6month/6000 km warranty!! wth!! i saw some of the posts and like 4 years back it was like a 24,000km warranty or something? that sounds impossible in today's world!

Anybody know what the current warranty period is? i just wanna confirm.

URGENT: Also, can anyone please advise me on which oil to use on this 2009 GS 150? and which petrol? someone mentioned Shell sucks and Caltex rocks? :s

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@FaizanKazi
    Congratulations on your purchase!

I bought my bike in May 2008, at that time the warranty was 12,000kms or 12 months. Sometime last year they reduced it to 6,000kms or 6 months.

Most people use Caltex Havoline oil (black pack) with the bikes. Generally, you can use any API SG SAE 20W-50 oil, just make sure you buy it from a well reputed fuel station and not the spares dealer next to the workshop.

Also, during running in period, try to variate the rpm, that is, change the speed up and down in the same gear and don't go over 5,000 rpm for the first 500 kms, over 6,000 rpm between 500-800 kms and maybe 6,500 rpm upto 1,000 kms.

Get the fuel from a well reputed station, in Pakistan, brand doesn't matter, its the owners and managers who matter. For example, in Abbottabad there is one Shell fuel station (near General Bus Stand) and a PSO station (Qureshi Pump) who are supposed to be better.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

I snipped a little to reduce the length:
    Quote Originally Posted by asad01 View Post
    @FaizanKazi
    Congratulations on your purchase!

I bought my bike in May 2008, .... Sometime last year they reduced it to 6,000kms or 6 months.

Most people use Caltex Havoline oil (black pack) with the bikes...

Also, during running in period, try to variate the rpm....

Get the fuel from a well reputed station, in Pakistan, brand doesn't matter, its the owners and managers who matter. .....
    So i'm glad I havent been duped regarding the warranty. Good to know it is actually 6k km/6months but its weird that they would do that when their bikes are quite decent, right? any issues with your bike?

Thanks! another member also advised that I use Havoline, he's done 80,000 km using Havoline, no engine issues yet. Don't know if build quality these days is still as good. I'll find out sooner or later

I shall definitely variate the rpm, and i'll TRY to keep it below those rpms! at the distances i drive it'll take me at least 40 days to reach 1000 km, might as well wait that long rather than damaging my bike in the long run.

It's really cool you're in abbottabad. beautiful city.

Thank you ever so much Asad! that was by far the most informative and comprehensive post I have come across yet. Thanks for your clarity in replying to my questions cheers!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ faizan
    waranty is for 6 months or 6000kms, what so ever finishes first.

i have new gs 125, jst completed 400km and changed the oil, but my bike is giving me mileage of 41/liter, can any one tell ll it increase after first tunning?????
    i think it should atleast give 45/liter.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@prince_hass
    hi! yup, they told me that at the dealership. for me i think the 6 months will end first. i'll be doing roughly 7000km per year (22 per day, 5 days in the week are fixed ~5300, plus extra ayashi ~1700).

hmmm.... waise, people have said it starts giving you greater mileage:
    On longer drives at more constant speed meaning lower rpms but high speed,
    When the engine is warmed up properly (not over heating of course),
    After the 1000km training period.

the first and second are common sense, the third is what others have reported. Waise, the bikes are pre-tuned with a lean petrol to air mixture (less petrol) so theyre tuned to give lesser performance, higher mileage already. maybe somebody set your mixture a little rich?
    I would caution you, DO NOT mess around unnecessarily. you may void your warranty and you may destroy your bike, specially in the hands of "anari" mechanics or those who love to experiment too much. Plenty of people like that around.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the major problem in gs 125 and 150 is the wiring issue, it often gets burned and shorted with a little bit of rain so plz be cautious in that manner

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    the major problem in gs 125 and 150 is the wiring issue, it often gets burned and shorted with a little bit of rain so plz be cautious in that manner
    Thanks Umer! are there any precautions I can take against that? (maybe covering the electronics in thin plastic? :s )

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes try to cover ur meter and ignition switch during service also if ur fuse gets burned replace it with same ratings and never remove it on the advice of daisi mechanics.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    yes try to cover ur meter and ignition switch during service also if ur fuse gets burned replace it with same ratings and never remove it on the advice of daisi mechanics.
    Thanks umer!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@faizan kazi
    thanx for sharing of lnowledge, i ll definatly go to there authorized mechanics, n suzuki showrooms also have there workshops, so i think there wont be any diificulty in finding good mechanics.
    but bro there is a problum, this u know my first bike ever in life, and i dont know how to deal with new bikes. previously i use to rode my friends n family's bike
    for first 300km i really rode it in harsh way, mean i touched 120 once, and than draged it to more than 100 many times in this running time. so may be it gave me this mileage of 41/liter. and secondly do draging of new bike effect its engine, there z also a school of thought who thinks rings are more sealed if thay are draged more in higher rpms.
    please give some advice

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poppatTURBO View Post
    Front disks r meant for slowing down from high speed in a straight line. Using disk break in a 125 is not a good option because 125 has less weight for disk breaks to operate. disk breaks works best when there is good weight of the engine or in other words works good with a heavy engine like 200 or 250 cc. In a 125 cc bike, I dont think its a good option.
    nO u r wrong i hav a cg125 delux 2009 and its disk works owsum>>>
    i used the brake on 130km/h and it came to 40 in less than 2 seconds...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@prince_hass

I hope you find a good mechanic who can help you diagnose any issues (if any).

ouch!! yeah! that wasnt the best idea pushing it that hard in the beginning. it may be why its giving a little less mileage than it should but done worry. maintain it well and it'll still last a good while.
    I dont have a bike yet bro! i've just read up on the forums a LOT before buying my bike and its gonna arrive tomorrow. but they say you shouldnt push it in the beginning, and i know its true for cars. in the beginning you should take it easy so that the initial engine wear is kept to a minimum, because when an engine is new a little of the inner metal shaves off. push it too hard and a LOT shaves off and thats not good.
    check your oil for metal filings.... initially in the first 500 km at least there should be some. It happened in the first 100 hours of running for my Honda generator. thats why youre supposed to change the oil in the beginning a lot.

I dont know about the rings issue. that seems a little too technical for me. i'm good with engines in general, but i dont have such specific knowledge of bikes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tyson773 View Post
    nO u r wrong i hav a cg125 delux 2009 and its disk works owsum>>>
    i used the brake on 130km/h and it came to 40 in less than 2 seconds...
    i think what poppat meant to say is that relatively speaking, disk brakes beat all other kinds of brakes, specially for heavier vehicles. and its true! cuz in heavier vehicles, continuous use of the brakes, specially in racing cars makes the brakes over heat and grip less or get damaged easily. Disc brakes stay cooler than other brakes because of those little holes (cross drilled rotors is what they're called). a lot of racing cars have air ducts on the side to draw air towards the brakes to cool them.

so basically the heavier the car/bike the more you need disk brakes if you are gonna be braking a lot or very hard.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am interested in buying gs150 in excellent condition, anyone interested in selling contact me at 0334-3093609

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Suzuki GS150 model in India seems to be alot more polished than our local model.

This is their model:
    Suzuki GS150CC / GS125CC - bikes4salein suzuki gs150r 9

And here is our GS 150
    Suzuki GS150CC  GS125CC -1014999

The Indian rupee is valued above our Pakistani one these days, with our current imported government wrecking the economy and what not, but guessing from online posts it sells for around 59,000 RS in India. It would be *awesome* for Suzuki to introduce the same model here

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Qasibr
    Arguably the Indian GS150R is not the most polished 150cc bike in India. Do we have a better 150cc bike in Pakistan? better than GS150.

And we should stop daydreaming, if a bike imported from China costs 85,000, a similar Indian made bike would cost at least 110,000 (although at this time it is impossible to import bikes from India). Thats how the taxes and duties work.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ asad , damn ur not getting the point , stop importing shits from other countries and bulild ur own **** by devoloping R&D, we shud stop looking at others to spoon feed us

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umer009
    I get the point, but its all daydreaming--a Pakistani concern starts R&D for a motorcycle and has produced a bike that gives 100km/l with a top speed of 150km/h looks just like R1 and has a price tag of Rs.50,000, the engine is so simple that the corner bicycle mechanic can fix it--because if it doesn't offer all of the above, people would still say 'Mein tay Honda he laisaan'.

You don't get the point, look for Adams and Alifs and Bays on Pakistani roads, and when you see one of these in every ten cars, then think about a Pakistani motorbike. Nobody wants to buy a Pakistani product.

One more thing, about a hundred bikers with Internet access on one forum can not do anything, specially when around half of them are still chanting the Honda slogan.

The best we can do is try to make the current manufacturers/assemblers/importers to introduce newer technology, thats all we can do. One way of doing that is buying and supporting Suzuki GS and Sprinter and Ravi Storm.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Asad I'm not familiar with the bike scene in India, but I'd be interested in knowing what competitors they have that you feel seem better than.... their GS150R. Importing from India isn't realistic, you're right.

About a local R&D concern coming up with something that is aesthetically and functionally amazing and has had alot of thought put into it's design and all.. I think it might be very subjective to say that it'd be guaranteed to fail. Sure there'd be some people who'd say they'd buy a Honda no matter what, but if a local design out-shines it aesthetically and in performance, as time goes on the product overcomes the initial negative bias associated with local products and develops a name for itself.

This is a complex topic we're talking about. The biggest hurdle to be overcome isn't the local market's negative bias, it's deeper than that. Hypothetically, say a local concern did set out to make an amazing bike.. what hurdles would they have to overcome. There'd be the govt demanding their 10% cut(TIME magazine gave the guy the "Mr 10%" title in the 80's, I bet the cut is much bigger now). There'd be these companies that make alot of $ selling the same old tired stuff, and they'd be motivated to have any such venture cut off if they can. Who'd protect the little guy from big monopolies with deep pockets and alot of influence over govt legislature, things like that.

I guess this also addresses what @umer said, about building our own. I wouldn't say it's impossible, if you're resilient enough to go up against all this and not quit, focus all your energy on finding innovative solutions to each and every hurdle they put in front of you, you'd get through. Afterall, look at what they do to Gaza, it's an open-roof prison with walls around it. And what do the Gazans do? They come with a hammer and chistle at night, break parts of the wall and sell them online . That personifies resilience for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

User Tag List