1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki GS150CC / GS125CC

Please if you are using one of these bikes or have information please post ur comments.......

WARNING: Stay on the Topic, If you wanna Chat with each other use the Live Chat or call each other on Phone. All un-related replies will be deleted.

In love with my Nissan Altima 3.5 litre 260HP Manual Edition..............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Qasibr

I am not quite familiar with the bike scene in India either. A while ago I was looking for 150cc models around and I found that there were quite a few ~150cc bikes in India, including Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i, Bajaj Discover, Yamaha YZF R15, Hero Honda Achiever, Unicorn, CBZ Xtreme, Hunk, Apache RTR and more. GS150R was not the choice in most categories. (A few of the pages were old and maybe GS was not introduced then.)

Generally, Indian bikers are just slightly more aware about the bikes than us, but they are a lot more focused and they know what they want, whether it is performance, looks, economy, utility or just plain fun and they have a product for each.

Manufacturing in Pakistan is complex, and a new setup can't realistically make it. The best bet is still the existing manufacturers, who can afford to introduce latest technology. But its us, who have to support these efforts. When Suzuki introduced the GS150 and 125, how much support was there? and when they changed the silencer and dropped some non essential parts, everybody started swearing, same lack of support for Storm. With our record of dismissing the technically best products, no one is going to start R&D for us.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ asad , as u know that Rome wasnt built in a day , same was the case with india, in 1980s we had better bikes than india , coz we were importing them from japan , italy (vespa) etc. when indian people came here thay said that wow what a bike , like we say now abt their bikes, but it was their gov policy , bot to import , but to develop, thats the diff, they soon realized and stard building their own research
    In Pakistna we have all the potential to b uild a better tomorrw, i myself is an Electronic Engineer , and we in Pak have brains to bulid a top quality product ,
    the thing needed is to Say NO to HONDA, YAMAHA, and SUZUKI which are biggest gamblers here and we also need a better government policy, china can help us a lot in technology , but still we have to think to achieve something not a copy paste

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    @ asad , as u know that Rome wasnt built in a day , same was the case with india, in 1980s we had better bikes than india , coz we were importing them from japan , italy (vespa) etc. when indian people came here thay said that wow what a bike , like we say now abt their bikes, but it was their gov policy , bot to import , but to develop, thats the diff, they soon realized and stard building their own research
    In Pakistna we have all the potential to b uild a better tomorrw, i myself is an Electronic Engineer , and we in Pak have brains to bulid a top quality product ,
    the thing needed is to Say NO to HONDA, YAMAHA, and SUZUKI which are biggest gamblers here and we also need a better government policy, china can help us a lot in technology , but still we have to think to achieve something not a copy paste
    thank god m happy to listen these kind of wordz from someone whose also want to see smthing new.basically m also a electronic engineer.keepup boys we want same thinking like omer bhai.i really appreciate it.thats y i sell honda and purchase Excel.may god help us.
    DAVIL MAY CRY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umer009
    Rome wasn't built on a barren uninhabited place, starting from scratch, it was built upon what was already there. I know about the history of bikes in Pakistan and India. In Pakistan building bikes has nothing to do with brains and technology, it has to do with two things, 'Politics' on the government side and 'Action' on the peoples side. For bikes, both are negative.

Quote: "but still we have to think to achieve something not a copy paste". Call that whatever you want to, I call it daydreaming.
    Asad

xaj
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asad01 View Post
    @umer009
    The best we can do is try to make the current manufacturers/assemblers/importers to introduce newer technology, thats all we can do. One way of doing that is buying and supporting Suzuki GS and Sprinter and Ravi Storm.
    I agree with this. Infact you know what...I think we can make a difference. On pakwheels many people argue about which bike is faster, which one is more ecomnomical, which one is more stylish etc etc. I was thinking what if we host an event where people bring there bikes (un modified stock bikes). we have experts here who can tell which one is stock and which one is not. We can catagorize them in different classes such as 125 cc and above, two stroke, four stroke, 100cc class etc etc. Then one by one test them all in performance ,fuel efficiency, top speed etc. Kinda like top gear but not that elaborate cause we need a lot of money for that. If this small program is aired and people find out which bike stands where in terms of performance. We can probably break this monopoly of Honda offering same technology for the past 20 years and still increasing prices. Its just a thought. Cause otherwise this discussion will continue for years and people will never realize that its time to move on and innovate. They will never take the risk of buying bikes that even try to innovate because they would always doubt the performance of these newer bikes...

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys,

Attention please GS125 and GS150 owners.

I am highly inclined towards owning a Suzuki GS150 motorcycle since 2007 but the only thing keeping me from it is, general opinion of motor-mechanics and some posts in PakWheel forums. Being afraid of getting a crap motorcycle, I bought a Sprinter-110 in 2007 which is going great so far.

GS125 and GS150 Owners, your feedback is highly valuable to help me out in purchasing a new motorcycle. I am currently looking forwards towards the new Honda 125 Delux year 2010 model. I like its prestigious outlook but!!.. I know its all made up of Chinese parts which have not been tested on roads yet. Still, I wish for a GS150.. its graceful but of no use if its not durable..

Pros and Cons please?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Engine Running and RPMs

Quote Originally Posted by prince_hass View Post
    @faizan kazi
    thanx for sharing of lnowledge, i ll definatly go to there authorized mechanics, n suzuki showrooms also have there workshops, so i think there wont be any diificulty in finding good mechanics.
    but bro there is a problum, this u know my first bike ever in life, and i dont know how to deal with new bikes. previously i use to rode my friends n family's bike
    for first 300km i really rode it in harsh way, mean i touched 120 once, and than draged it to more than 100 many times in this running time. so may be it gave me this mileage of 41/liter. and secondly do draging of new bike effect its engine, there z also a school of thought who thinks rings are more sealed if thay are draged more in higher rpms.
    please give some advice

I support the idea of running it hard in the first 100Km. When you get your brand new bike from the showroom, give it a hard run in each gear, then use gear compression to slow it down, do not apply brakes. The first engine oil and oil filter change should not be later than 30Km. This would flush all the metallic residue and your engine would be neat and clean and its rings well seated..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I support the idea of running it hard in the first 100Km. When you get your brand new bike from the showroom, give it a hard run in each gear, then use gear compression to slow it down, do not apply brakes. The first engine oil and oil filter change should not be later than 30Km. This would flush all the metallic residue and your engine would be neat and clean and its rings well seated..
    @faizan kazi
    thanx for sharing of lnowledge, i ll definatly go to there authorized mechanics, n suzuki showrooms also have there workshops, so i think there wont be any diificulty in finding good mechanics.
    but bro there is a problum, this u know my first bike ever in life, and i dont know how to deal with new bikes. previously i use to rode my friends n family's bike
    for first 300km i really rode it in harsh way, mean i touched 120 once, and than draged it to more than 100 many times in this running time. so may be it gave me this mileage of 41/liter. and secondly do draging of new bike effect its engine, there z also a school of thought who thinks rings are more sealed if thay are draged more in higher rpms.
    please give some advice
    Are u ppl out of ur mind???? There is an instruction manual with ur bike.. usko perhnay ki zehmat karlen zera! And engine break-in process ko perhen!

A bike newly delivered from showroom must be driven slowly at 40 or 50 Km/hr for the first 1000Kms, as the engine is new & it needs time to adjust and polish itself.. over speeding from this limit can seize the engine, even if it does not seize, ur engine life would be drastically decreased!!

I wonder how u ppl dont knw such a basic thing?? Ask any mechanic to explain u the "running" process of the bike... U ppl r doing exactly the opposite of whts required! and first oil change in needed at 500Kms not at any 30kms or so, there is no sense and logic 4 tht...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asad01 View Post
    @umer009
    Rome wasn't built on a barren uninhabited place, starting from scratch, it was built upon what was already there. I know about the history of bikes in Pakistan and India. In Pakistan building bikes has nothing to do with brains and technology, it has to do with two things, 'Politics' on the government side and 'Action' on the peoples side. For bikes, both are negative.

Quote: "but still we have to think to achieve something not a copy paste". Call that whatever you want to, I call it daydreaming.
    theek hai yaar hath par hath rakh kay bethay rahoo and continuw buying Honda to support their vision of crappy bikes in Pakistan
    such a pessimistic people cant do anything

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umer009
    I bought a GS150 because it had the best technology available in May 2008, that is the only practical thing I could do and I did.

You want to daydream about a Pakistani bike after Pakistani R&D, designed and built by Pakistanis, well, happy daydreaming!
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ asad 01, im sorry to say but coz of people like u we are begging in front of other nations, if u dont believe in ur people ur country u will do nothing , if India can do it why cant we , same people same skills , wheres the difference, in gov policy and motivation, thats all
    and u talked abt suzuki, time has changed now and Ravi Piaggio is far better in terms of avg, top speed, road grip,and of course control, ive driven GS 150 and i had it previously, i sold it and got this bike and i can see the difference
    in response to ur day dreaming i will call u a late bloomer
    happy sunshine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umer009

yar i have both ravi piaggio and gs150 both almost brand-new!!! month old bikes but in drive they are like head to head!!!

anyone who says that gs150 is not smooth can come to me and see for himself same is the case for piaggio storm 125!!!

both are cooool
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

per bro 1 thing in power gs150 is really unmatched and build quality is by far at the top in its class in Pakistani Bikes

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and about running ooo bhaio running pyaar se kero !!! engine warna hai hai kia?? to earn money is v v hard!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    @ asad 01, im sorry to say but coz of people like u we are begging in front of other nations, if u dont believe in ur people ur country u will do nothing , if India can do it why cant we , same people same skills , wheres the difference, in gov policy and motivation, thats all
    and u talked abt suzuki, time has changed now and Ravi Piaggio is far better in terms of avg, top speed, road grip,and of course control, ive driven GS 150 and i had it previously, i sold it and got this bike and i can see the difference
    in response to ur day dreaming i will call u a late bloomer
    happy sunshine
    So you hate Japanese and don't want to beg from them, but you have no problem begging from Italians. As far as I know Storm is Italian technology, made in China, sooooooo............ Whats you point????

One post ago you were talking about "hath par hath rakh kay bethay rahoo" and when I told you what I did you came up with more lame comments. I bought Japanese technology and I am sticking with it. You bought the same Japanese technology and then sold it and bought Italian technology, to me it seems you have a lot of extra money to waste, I don't.

And before that you were saying "Say NO to HONDA, YAMAHA, and SUZUKI", I would say add Piaggio to the list, Piaggio is a bigger manufacturer than Kawasaki.

If you can't remember what I wrote a few posts ago, I will refresh your memory, I wrote "The best we can do is try to make the current manufacturers/assemblers/importers to introduce newer technology, thats all we can do. One way of doing that is buying and supporting Suzuki GS and Sprinter and Ravi Storm.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ asad 01
    yaar again ur not getting my point and becoming just furious,LOL
    i said in Pakistan Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki are playing with us with their old tecnologies, where as all over the world they are producing standard bikes, but not in pakistan, and what makes u think there is Japanese technology is Pak?
    All the **** is manufactured here locally, and The model of Honda Deluxe , with five gears is not an international model at all,(All over the world it comes with self start but not here )
    thats y say NO to them until they upgrade their 20 year old technologies,
    So under that circumstances Piaggio has done a far more better job by producing a good bike with many new features and design as compared to other ,so in these conditions Piaggio is a best buy, or else u dont have many options
    Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umer009
    yaar again ur not getting my point and becoming just furious,LOL
    If you read my last post, you will see that I tried to tell you YOU DON'T HAVE ANY POINT, which you didn't get. This is what I wrote:
    So you hate Japanese and don't want to beg from them, but you have no problem begging from Italians. As far as I know Storm is Italian technology, made in China, sooooooo............ Whats you point????
    You wrote:
    and what makes u think there is Japanese technology is Pak?
    So, if there is no Japanese technology in Suzukis, then it must be Pakistani technology, and I must ask, what do you have Pakistani technology?

I don't like people pushing their personal choice upon other people without any logic and people simply changing track and abandoning their previous track. Whatever I wrote was in response to people's posts, including yours, which were about Pakistani technology, R&D and production, which I called 'Daydreaming'. Then you started chanting for Chinese made Italian technology.

And by the way, can you name any 'Technology', that Storm has and Suzukis don't? Sure it has a sporty design, which some people like, but a lot of Chinese bikes have much better designs, even Storm's Chinese versions have much better designs. So again, what is better in Storm than Suzuki Sprinter and GS150?

If you really want to sell Storms so badly, why don't you sell it in Storm's thread. And if you really want to crash into other manufacturer's threads, please go to CG125 Power Plus thread and post similar statements there, I'm sure you will get the response you deserve in that thread.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just by the way, my brother and I still have the 1980, Honda 110 Benly, Japanese model, with over 4,00,000 kms. I didn't buy any other motorbike because none was better overall, until 2007 when I bought a used Suzuki Sprinter and later bought a new Suzuki GS150, the best bike for long-distance travel in Pakistan.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad01
    im not pushing my views on any1, if u want to fight then go ahead, u dont want to listen now, there is Japanese technology in SUZUKI, YAMAHA,and HONDA in pakistan, BUT outdated version got it?

1.look at design of GS 150, same old chromed meters of 80,s yeah(made by alfsons in PK local company lol)
    2. Look at front hub oh yeah without disc( SUICIDE mission at high speed)
    3. Engine is better i agree but for ur info not Made in JAPAN( thailand made and japanese technology)
    4.Rest all the body work is done here with old designs of 80s etc.
    Same is the case with CG 125 and CD 70 plus yamaha ROYALE etc.
    DELUXE is the total copy of storm in EURO II and five gear system, but they couldnt make its self starter? hahah , if it was real japanese tech, they could have done better than storm but sorry everything is done at ATLAS honda sheikhopora not in JAPAN

so instead of buying crappy Outdated Japanese Technology in pakistan, start buying modern ITALIAN and chinese technology which is only option available here, which has proven itslef in pick ,top speed and every other manner

NOW if u look at newer model of SUZUKI GS 150, they removed the silencer grill, plus metallic covers at side, also chromed front light? so where is the company going, forward or backward?(price tag increased also)
    they are declining everyday brother im sorry to say, but people like u still buy their crappy technologies in the name of Japan, i have sympathy for u thats ALL
    now u will say y i bought suzuki? haha
    that was a long ago ,and it was only option at that time but i corrected my mistake now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

speed without control is nothing!