Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by booster View Post
    junaid bhai
    hmm , ive touched 118-120km/hr on my bike but when with a pillion the bike takes time . is there any way without any engine modifications to increase bikes top speed as well as acceleration while only dealing with the front and rear sprokets???? i know when one opts for top speed then acceleration is to be compromised vice versa but is their any middle solution to this with changes in sprokets???

yar dekho halki phulki alteration to chal jati hai
    lekin kch bhi zada karoge to kahin na kahin nuqsaan hojayega
    sporkets bhi zada karne se engine pe zoor aata hai
    kabhi gear wali sports cycle chalana pata cha jaye ga k aage bara sporket aur peeche chota karne se kitni jan marni parti hai
    is liye mera mashwara nai hai engine ko cherne ka
    han body se chaho to ravi deluxe jo chaho karlo
    kch changes k bad sab fit ho jata hai

aur yahan koi kisi se dushmani nai hai
    forum ka maqsad hai share the healthy knowledge

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

GS 150 hales from a GS family of suzuki bikes and a fine peice of engineering.

Imran did you redlined every gear before shifting, or did it acchieved smoothly ? I rode my friends GS last week and we had a long lonely smooth road and we tried dragging her, it did achieved this speed but on 11000 RPM ... we were two guys on bike, is that the reason ?

Quote Originally Posted by imranbhatti View Post
    Let me share my experience,

Suzuki GS150 top speed - 333930

Deluxe is bit under powered as compare to GS 150 but Deluxe is a good bike & i didnt recomend replacing Delux with GS 150.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this comparison is funny, 2 stroker and 4 stroker are different breeds of engine regardless of how much "CC"s they have.

PS. tracks category aprrialla are two strokers and not road legal, and have a very very short engine life, track bike engine life is only "ONE RACE" and its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Engine View Post
    o man what are u saying about 150...... i maked the 78cc bike to 110 km/h.... 125 to extreme end of its original meter,... and Kawasaki 110 to 130 km/h...... 150 can make more...... if your ride is in perfect condition for high speed....... normally bikes are not tuned for race conditions so thats why their output power is less for high speed gain................... u may remember that the highest speed for a MotoGP motorcycle in 125cc category is 249.76 km/h (155.193 mph) by Valentino Rossi in 1996 for Aprilia ..... its still a record........ u know this is all about the Engine.... learn the things how they work...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Petrol quality sucks nowadays, Even i wasnt able to cross 120km/h on my piaggio. GS150 surely has full capability to cross 120.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes that can be a reason too, as you know I am a paiggo owner as well, but now I dont ride it fast very often but back in those days when I bought it newly and ther were cuople of other 125 buddies we used to go on trip together (at a relatively fast speed) like harrappa, Rohtas Fort e.t.c.. I noticed this problem as well...

so instead of buying expensive Hi-Octance I used "STP OCTANE BOOSTER" its hardly 300Rs bottle for 30 liter petrol which means I can use it 3 time in paiggo.

And after adding STP to petrol... Speed = MIND Blowing, Acceration = YOU BET!!! (it is made from JET engine Fuel)

there are many other american brands as well but they are too expensive.

orignal Bottle looks like this I used to buy it from Makro , metro Big store to gaurantee its orignal.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Petrol quality sucks nowadays, Even i wasnt able to cross 120km/h on my piaggio. GS150 surely has full capability to cross 120.
    Suzuki GS150 top speed -410517

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Imran did you redlined every gear before shifting, or did it acchieved smoothly ?
    It was smoothly achieved, I never redlined any GS 150 bcoz these machines have very good & flat torque through out the all RPM ranges. So easily achives max speed even if u pushed from speed of 45Kmph in top gear.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is not related but i hope you guys like it...

I have a friend working at the suzuki engineering.. he has leaked the news that two bikes are on their way to the market..

he says that they are in the testing phase of surviving pakistani road conditions and after a certain mileage they will be sent back to Japan for their expert to modify them according in best favor for pakistani roads..

He talked about two models...

1. One he says is a 150 cc cruiser type, and is automatic gear.... (which he says is till now facing disapproval, as the local experts are rejecting it keeping in mind pakistani traffic conditions..

2. Second one is the 125 cc model, he says it is close to the GS model of India.. but is not sure if the same bike will return from japan after approval. This one he says will most probably be around within a year in production.

I have sold my Oct 2007 model to my cousin and regretting it. i was looking to get a 2012 zero meter again.. but after seeing the quality of GS now manufactured .. its hell... i still have spotless chrome on the rims of GS 2007 model, but new 2012 model doesnt look promising.

Hope for the best.. lets see when these bikes will arrive..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmm lets see

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will be very interested in the 125, and in past they did lunched the GS 125 but I think then they stopped its production, for un known reason...

BTW... I like the engine Build quality of Suzuki ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shehzie View Post
    this is not related but i hope you guys like it...

I have a friend working at the suzuki engineering.. he has leaked the news that two bikes are on their way to the market..

he says that they are in the testing phase of surviving pakistani road conditions and after a certain mileage they will be sent back to Japan for their expert to modify them according in best favor for pakistani roads..

He talked about two models...

1. One he says is a 150 cc cruiser type, and is automatic gear.... (which he says is till now facing disapproval, as the local experts are rejecting it keeping in mind pakistani traffic conditions..

2. Second one is the 125 cc model, he says it is close to the GS model of India.. but is not sure if the same bike will return from japan after approval. This one he says will most probably be around within a year in production.

I have sold my Oct 2007 model to my cousin and regretting it. i was looking to get a 2012 zero meter again.. but after seeing the quality of GS now manufactured .. its hell... i still have spotless chrome on the rims of GS 2007 model, but new 2012 model doesnt look promising.

Hope for the best.. lets see when these bikes will arrive..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have heard a similar news from Suzuki guys here in Lahore. Lets see what they come up with.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    ~~ Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.. ~~
    [Black Zero]

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

....... instead of buying expensive Hi-Octance I used "STP OCTANE BOOSTER" its hardly 300Rs bottle for 30 liter petrol which means I can use it 3 time in paiggo.

And after adding STP to petrol... Speed = MIND Blowing, Acceration = YOU BET!!! (it is made from JET engine Fuel)

there are many other american brands as well but they are too expensive.

orignal Bottle looks like this I used to buy it from Makro , metro Big store to gaurantee its orignal.

Suzuki GS150 top speed - 410517
    Dude.. I used this additive in my GS150, the bike became problematic, didn't start in first attempt (it was winter time, january/february 2012), multiple self/kicks and I had to use choke as well. But once the engine heated up, the bike became smooth, less noise and longer run in every gear. Fuel efficiency also increases.
    [Black Zero]

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmm ... In my experiments, I didnt faced this problem in CG 125 and storm 125, but Yamaha4 also did this problem and didnt started and had hard time starting .... may be there is a reason (we had to drain it all and clean the carb then it started later on I used the same fuel in CG 125 and it was fine). I think hi octane is not supported in some models ? I am not sure!

Quote Originally Posted by blackzero_01 View Post
    Dude.. I used this additive in my GS150, the bike became problematic, didn't start in first attempt (it was winter time, january/february 2012), multiple self/kicks and I had to use choke as well. But once the engine heated up, the bike became smooth, less noise and longer run in every gear. Fuel efficiency also increases.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmm ... In my experiments, I didnt faced this problem in CG 125 and storm 125, but Yamaha4 also did this problem and didnt started and had hard time starting .... may be there is a reason (we had to drain it all and clean the carb then it started later on I used the same fuel in CG 125 and it was fine). I think hi octane is not supported in some models ? I am not sure!
    As I recall, Hi Octane gasoline is recommended if the compression ratio of engine is 10:1 or higher. For details on whether we require Hi-Octane or not, please read the article Is High Octane Gas Worth the Money? | Wanderings

Effect of STP add on Octane Booster on engine performance or power mainly depends upon what RON (Research Octane Number) of fuel you are using. These days, Multiple RON fuels are being mixed at petrol pumps, some say Irani fuel (a bit impure) is being mixed with Saudi Arabian and blah blah.. Anyhow, the fuel quality is different at different stations so when you add STP octane booster, its effect would be also different.

I shall buy another STP bottle today and check it what effect it has on my bike's engine in these sizzling hot summer days.
    [Black Zero]

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hhehehheh sach bataon kakh nahi samje ayee... lolzzz you have a good knowledge though! thumbs up!!

I always used Total pump fuel I dont know its RON number, but it gives me very Good performance with STP, I used Hi-Octane fuel one or teo times in my CG it gave me same reuslts, but never had experienced the Storm 125 to use hi-Octane even it is higher Compression engine as compared to CG, I dont know the compression ratio of GS 150 I doubt it must be stronger / higher .... not sure.

yes do let us know what you get the result, plus there are lots of copies and fake STPs as well, I hope you get the orignal one.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzero_01 View Post
    As I recall, Hi Octane gasoline is recommended if the compression ratio of engine is 10:1 or higher. For details on whether we require Hi-Octane or not, please read the article Is High Octane Gas Worth the Money? | Wanderings

Effect of STP add on Octane Booster on engine performance or power mainly depends upon what RON (Research Octane Number) of fuel you are using. These days, Multiple RON fuels are being mixed at petrol pumps, some say Irani fuel (a bit impure) is being mixed with Saudi Arabian and blah blah.. Anyhow, the fuel quality is different at different stations so when you add STP octane booster, its effect would be also different.

I shall buy another STP bottle today and check it what effect it has on my bike's engine in these sizzling hot summer days.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice bike....and how u manage to click picture during driving... Excellent ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jadoon1992_vxlimited View Post
    i have also achieved 118km/hr several times and it hits it very easily.. but i prefer to ride on max 65km/hr bcoz its not safe to ride on high speeds.. but it can go on 118 km/hr quite easily.. have nt tried more than that bcoz as soon as bike used to reach that speed, i used to slow down bcoz we dnt have such roads in karachi.. my bike is 4000 kms driven till nw.. the people who have this bike from a long time can tell this more accurately..
    hello Jadoon, I dont mean to critique your writing style, but its always a good idea to re-read before posting, as you can spot the repetitions, and/or grammatical errors. have a look above, and check :-)
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    hello Jadoon, I dont mean to critique your writing style, but its always a good idea to re-read before posting, as you can spot the repetitions, and/or grammatical errors. have a look above, and check :-)
    thank you for the correction and your concern sir.
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rulfat View Post
    110,it goes to 100 quickly ,u cant say 110 is top speed ,i am sharing my experience
    Tht's low i have yamaha junoon 100cc it goes to 100 quickly and i touch 110 so, i guess its better than 150
    <FM>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FM3o5 View Post
    Tht's low i have yamaha junoon 100cc it goes to 100 quickly and i touch 110 so, i guess its better than 150
    First of all, GS150 will be going to 100 much quicker than Junoon....
    Second is that i have found meters of 100cc and smaller bikes little faster than normal.... To match GS150 at 110, you'll need to do at least 120 on junoon meter

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    First of all, GS150 will be going to 100 much quicker than Junoon....
    Second is that i have found meters of 100cc and smaller bikes little faster than normal.... To match GS150 at 110, you'll need to do at least 120 on junoon meter
    lol its obvious GS150 will be faster than junoon, but i am saying i havn't done any modifications in the engine, if i do that i can touch 120 :-) my friend did, all i am saying is i expect a lil more from GS150.
    <FM>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List