187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by surplusstock View Post
    He passed easily but not in the long run same results.
    Seriously?
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My gs top speed is only 105km/h

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    You don't use disc brake for "instant" stopping. You use disc brake because of its lesser "response time".

Stopping from high speeds with a disc brake will be MUCH quicker.
    Not when going over 100 km/h on local bikes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    Not when going over 100 km/h on local bikes.
    Kabhi use ki hay disc brake? Other factors are also involved in braking power. Its not just "the bike" ... its "the rider" as well.

Also, with Disc Brake installed, always keep the front tyre's air pressure slightly less than recommended, to avoid slipping under hard braking. Same goes for rear wheel, to keep the bike on the road.

I stand by my original statement. Even on a local bike, stopping with a disc brake will be MUCH quicker than your average drum brakes ... simply because of the response time. Disc Brake's response time is so fast, that by the time a drum brake will grip the front wheel ... a disc equipped bike would've already come halfway to a dead stop.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kabhi use ki hay disc brake? Other factors are also involved in braking power. Its not just "the bike" ... its "the rider" as well.

Also, with Disc Brake installed, always keep the front tyre's air pressure slightly less than recommended, to avoid slipping under hard braking. Same goes for rear wheel, to keep the bike on the road.

I stand by my original statement. Even on a local bike, stopping with a disc brake will be MUCH quicker than your average drum brakes ... simply because of the response time. Disc Brake's response time is so fast, that by the time a drum brake will grip the front wheel ... a disc equipped bike would've already come halfway to a dead stop.
    You are not getting my point. I know what stuff disc brake is and how it works.

What I am saying is, there's not a huge difference if you are braking from a higher speed to a controllable stop on a single disc, disc brake. I rode Piaggio and it stopped on the same crossroad where my GS does at 100 km/h.

Keep in mind that much of torque vector is coming from rear tire -- a place where Pakistani bikes still use a DRUM break

On a congested road with frequent panic brake, sure, disc brake helps a bit.

But there's no way, a SINGLE disc front disc brake will help you stop quickly coming at 115 km/h.

Suzuki GS150 top speed -1450676

Suzuki GS150 top speed -1450677

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I rode Piaggio and it stopped on the same crossroad where my GS does at 100 km/h.
    You are kidding me right?

So now you are comparing braking in normal circumstances with "emergency braking"? Ofcourse you may not feel the difference between a drum and a disc brake if you are not using them hard enough (which would only be the case under an emergency situation). If you are not in an emergency situation, you cannot possibly find out what a "response time" of a disc brake is.

But there's no way, a SINGLE disc front disc brake will help you stop quickly coming at 115 km/h
    Our bikes (CG125, Piaggio, GS150 etc) weight like 130KG, mostly less. You are trying to say that this puny weight requires atleast double discs up front, for maximum braking power? And If you don't know, Deluxe's disc brake (and possibly Piaggio too) is twin piston type, which means double the braking power up front (due to larger clamping force).

Also, no sane drive will EVER use the brakes only. Engine braking also matter a lot. It has now become my instinct to use engine braking while on the road. But being a CG125 user, i am still not satisfied with the braking performance of drum brakes because it lacks the response time i need.

Disc Brake is better in every possible way.

Lastly, i am posting this video, not to "compare" out local bikes with it, but just to show "how" a disc brake can be most useful at high speeds.
    Watch here: http://www.unblockyoutube.co.uk/perm...xwhFdOPw%3D%3D

YouTube Link: Perfect Motorcycle Emergency Braking Example - High Speed! - YouTube

See closely his speeds, and especially the final moments when it looks like he is about to crash. If it were a drum a brake at this point, it simply would not have the "wheel locking ability" to provide useful.

Disc Brake takes A LOT of practice, and simply takes a very careful rider, who can be "present" during riding. A single second of distraction can prove deadly (trust me, i have been there).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are kidding me right?

YouTube Link: Perfect Motorcycle Emergency Braking Example - High Speed! - YouTube

See closely his speeds, and especially the final moments when it looks like he is about to crash. If it were a drum a brake at this point, it simply would not have the "wheel locking ability" to provide useful.

Disc Brake takes A LOT of practice, and simply takes a very careful rider, who can be "present" during riding. A single second of distraction can prove deadly (trust me, i have been there).
    That is ABS brake.
    Do that on the local bike with single disc, and you are bound for a disaster.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is ABS brake.
    Do that on the local bike, and you are bound for a disaster.
    ABS is just an "enhancement" to your disc brake. Its absence doesn't make a disc brake "useless" by any means. ABS just gives the rider mental satisfaction (with actual benefits, by the way) that he could pull the level hard without worrying about the front wheel getting locked, because "the programming" of the ABS device will do that work for him.

If you have never tried emergency braking with a disc brake (and ALLAH na karay, aap ko kabhi kisi aisi situation main jana paray), then you cannot possible understand what i am trying to say.

And like i mentioned previously about "being present" while riding your bike (and not get distracted) ... is exactly because of this fact that these brakes don't have ABS so the rider himself has to account for that factor. Personally, i have tried hard braking on a disc brake once or twice ... and YES it does try to lock up the front wheel. But you can counter that, by "thrusting the front brake" a couple of times, before holding onto the lever. You can call it "pumping" if you may. (I do that all the time on drum braking, inorder to let the brakes grip the front wheel properly)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ABS is just an "enhancement" to your disc brake. Its absence doesn't make a disc brake "useless" by any means. ABS just gives the rider mental satisfaction (with actual benefits, by the way) that he could pull the level hard without worrying about the front wheel getting locked, because "the programming" of the ABS device will do that work for him.

If you have never tried emergency braking with a disc brake (and ALLAH na karay, aap ko kabhi kisi aisi situation main jana paray), then you cannot possible understand what i am trying to say.

And like i mentioned previously about "being present" while riding your bike (and not get distracted) ... is exactly because of this fact that these brakes don't have ABS so the rider himself has to account for that factor. Personally, i have tried hard braking on a disc brake once or twice ... and YES it does try to lock up the front wheel. But you can counter that, by "thrusting the front brake" a couple of times, before holding onto the lever. You can call it "pumping" if you may. (I do that all the time on drum braking, inorder to let the brakes grip the front wheel properly)
    You are beating the bush. I cannot argue with you anymore.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are beating the bush. I cannot argue with you anymore.
    Suzuki GS150 top speed - tumblr reply n3qjvpwTHd1qe5x4p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki GS150 top speed -1450733
    If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhary007 View Post
    Suzuki GS150 top speed -1450733
    Good one Mr. Chaudhary. Thanks for sharing but always be careful when taking snaps while riding.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I would add a little experience here I have used different type of disc brakes set up on various bikes, from double disc brake, front Single dics brake, Double Piston, Single piston..

then I have thoroughly tested Big A$$ Drum brakes of Road Master CD200... then spent half a decade on CG125 and with its lousy front brake.

Guys IMHO Disc brake is far ahead in performance... come on.... I mean @han1911 I wish you can show your few stoppies here on delxe...

BTW @abobobilly paiggio don't have a dual-Piston brake it has a single big a$$ piston where as Deluxe has two pistons and that's an edge deluxe has as if one piston seizes the brakes still saves you with other piston but paiggio doesnt have second option...

beside about drum brakes I would say I have spent a good time in CGs and I never relied on front brakes because it was always bad and I most of the time ended skidding into what I was actually trying to save because of poor front brake and hard rear brake always make the CG skid... and drums of CG works uptill 90kmh after that you are Allah k huwalay ...

My Road master Big Drums were excellent in braking they worked like disc brakes if used together and I still remember it save me many times... but my eyes were first time opened on GS500 (remember its a single disc brake and clocks 200kmh) when I escaped a near death incident and a 100% ACCIDENT... and when the bike stopped I was sitting on the fuel tank due to extreme g-force (and that old GS500 had only front brake functional)... I am sure that day if the ride was equipped with drums then by the time now my bones were 3 feet under the ground some where in the grave yard...

Later on I found paiggio and deluxe as local disc brake bikes and yes they really do work at 100+ .... for 115kmh brother 115 tak ye bikes jati kab hain ha ha ah ah ah ah

115kmh tak janay k liye paiggio ko aik run way chayhe at least or deluxe tu mene jab bhi koshish ki tu deluxe nay loshish bilkul bhi nahi ki

did I mention I hate GS150 front drum brake ? because that machine is actually capable of going around 115 or 120 even.... and that my brother is a death machine because its drum do-not work at all becuase its drum is even smaller like CD70 I mean WTF ???? ...

I am saying because I actually tested the Drums and the Discs in emergency and disc actually saves you ... drums say bye bye ...

I am not imposing my point of view just sharing my experience because while on road the only truth is what works.. on the books tu kawa bhi chitta sabit kiya jasakta hai

My experince with GS is below ... I still get shivers reminding it ... brrrr ...

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    near Jhelum, I took Gs from Doctor Sb and reved it like a 'Lahori' ......I was really enjoying the moment becuase bike was almost flying on a thin tyre and shaking badly but in any case I was still happy to see it rev at that high speed and I was thinking to take a picture of meters when I saw a Bus which was about to stop, me being using Disc brakes of paiggio just applied brakes to Stop but at the very same moment my heart stopped beating as the GS150 brakes are not designed to stop at high speed and I made a narrow escape by hard cutting the bike.

Next 2 minutes I settled my breath while Doc Sb. and Uzair reached and synced with em I didnt told them what happened untill later...

beleive me GS150 is a one Super Speed cool bike but dosto is ki brake koi nahi hai hath paon bacha ker bhagana.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I would add a little experience here I have used different type of disc brakes set up on various bikes, from double disc brake, front Single dics brake, Double Piston, Single piston..

then I have thoroughly tested Big A$$ Drum brakes of Road Master CD200... then spent half a decade on CG125 and with its lousy front brake.

Guys IMHO Disc brake is far ahead in performance... come on.... I mean @han1911 I wish you can show your few stoppies here on delxe...

BTW @abobobilly paiggio don't have a dual-Piston brake it has a single big a$$ piston where as Deluxe has two pistons and that's an edge deluxe has as if one piston seizes the brakes still saves you with other piston but paiggio doesnt have second option...

beside about drum brakes I would say I have spent a good time in CGs and I never relied on front brakes because it was always bad and I most of the time ended skidding into what I was actually trying to save because of poor front brake and hard rear brake always make the CG skid... and drums of CG works uptill 90kmh after that you are Allah k huwalay ...

My Road master Big Drums were excellent in braking they worked like disc brakes if used together and I still remember it save me many times... but my eyes were first time opened on GS500 (remember its a single disc brake and clocks 200kmh) when I escaped a near death incident and a 100% ACCIDENT... and when the bike stopped I was sitting on the fuel tank due to extreme g-force (and that old GS500 had only front brake functional)... I am sure that day if the ride was equipped with drums then by the time now my bones were 3 feet under the ground some where in the grave yard...

Later on I found paiggio and deluxe as local disc brake bikes and yes they really do work at 100+ .... for 115kmh brother 115 tak ye bikes jati kab hain ha ha ah ah ah ah

115kmh tak janay k liye paiggio ko aik run way chayhe at least or deluxe tu mene jab bhi koshish ki tu deluxe nay loshish bilkul bhi nahi ki

did I mention I hate GS150 front drum brake ? because that machine is actually capable of going around 115 or 120 even.... and that my brother is a death machine because its drum do-not work at all becuase its drum is even smaller like CD70 I mean WTF ???? ...

I am saying because I actually tested the Drums and the Discs in emergency and disc actually saves you ... drums say bye bye ...

I am not imposing my point of view just sharing my experience because while on road the only truth is what works.. on the books tu kawa bhi chitta sabit kiya jasakta hai

My experince with GS is below ... I still get shivers reminding it ... brrrr ...
    Vicky bhai can you hook me up with the front hub + drum assembly of a roadmaster?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am not sure if it can fit GS150 number of spokes might be different also the meter cable asemble can be different as well ... also the fitting within the shocks might be fatter the avaiable space between GS shocks

u need to do a little home work ...

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Vicky bhai can you hook me up with the front hub + drum assembly of a roadmaster?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vickytulla ko JOSH aaya bhai

Guys IMHO Disc brake is far ahead in performance
    FINALLY. Someone who knows.

BTW abobobilly Paiggio don't have a dual-Piston brake it has a single big a$$ piston where as Deluxe has two pistons and that's an edge deluxe has as if one piston seizes the brakes still saves you with other piston but paiggio doesnt have second option...
    Yes i was trying to remember but Deluxe's pistons were coming into my mind again and again. Btw, the braking force of both bikes feel nearly equal, but that maybe because of "hydraulic" lever system (instead of a wired one). But Ravi's weight is more than that of Deluxe, which is why on high speeds, it may not feel "as agile" as Deluxe's brake. Add the fact that "rider position" (of older models atleast) really don't make you (the rider) feel the G-Force being applied to the front wheel, under emergency braking conditions.

beside about drum brakes I would say I have spent a good time in CGs and I never relied on front brakes because it was always bad and I most of the time ended skidding into what I was actually trying to save because of poor front brake and hard rear brake always make the CG skid...
    Never relied on front brakes? You can't be serious. On a CG125 atleast, 90% braking force comes from the front brake. And personally, i almost always put 90% pressure on the front and just a notch on the rear. That combined with the engine braking (which i a lot in this OHV engine) ... is the only thing which makes this bike stop.

and drums of CG works uptill 90kmh after that you are Allah k huwalay ...
    Not 90 bro. 60. 90 pe to waisay he iss ki brakes nahi lagti. Been there, done that. Trust me, sirf ALLAH he bachata hay. So many times i have escaped near death situations and bike stopped ... like, someone got a hold of the bike and it stopped. Maybe thats the barkat of "Ayat-al-Kursi"+"Dua-e-Safar".

My Road master Big Drums were excellent in braking they worked like disc brakes if used together and I still remember it save me many times...
    Like a disc? NAH Don't forget its still a "Drum" brake. It can NEVER match the response time of a disc.

I do admit that its braking force is much higher (than our local drum bikes) because:
    1. Its big *** front drum
    2. Its wider front tyre
    3. Bike's own weight is significant
    4. Its road grip is excellent

but my eyes were first time opened on GS500 (remember its a single disc brake and clocks 200kmh) when I escaped a near death incident and a 100% ACCIDENT... and when the bike stopped I was sitting on the fuel tank due to extreme g-force (and that old GS500 had only front brake functional)... I am sure that day if the ride was equipped with drums then by the time now my bones were 3 feet under the ground some where in the grave yard...
    ALLAH ka suhar karo bhai. What exactly happened btw?

GS500 has a HUGE disc upfront though, hence there is some "serious" braking force.

haha. I see what you did there

Thanks for acknowledging the fact that disc brake on these local bikes actually do work, and have added benefits than a drum brake (ofcourse risk is always there, but its upto "the rider" to control that braking power under his hand. Like they say, a car is as good as the person driving it).

HAHA. Don't tell me. I hate GS150's drum brakes for that very reason. GS150 is the kind of bike which needs more wider tyres, and a dis brake upfront. Its a "big" bike.

Do you know i never ask someone for his GS150's keys to take a test ride, for exactly that reason. Its drum brakes make me afraid. They NEVER work when you are above 60 (worse than a CG125 ... BELIEVE ME)

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    You must be out of your mind to think about putting another "DRUM" brake on your bike. Why bother when you can do this to your bike?

Suzuki GS150 top speed - 198555 disc brake setup exhaust suzuki gs 150 sale 17012011053
    Suzuki GS150 top speed - 272788d1361252508 suzuki gs150 modification gs150 22
    Suzuki GS150 top speed - 1190781d1344595398 bike accessories gs 150 blk
    Suzuki GS150 top speed - Pic5 zps6f7688f3

The last picture is of "Dr Omar's GS150" i think. It has a thread in this section too. You should consider spending 10-12k and get this upgrade. You won't regret it. Its a MUCH NEEDED upgrade for a GS150.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The last picture is of "Dr Omar's GS150" i think. It has a thread in this section too. You should consider spending 10-12k and get this upgrade. You won't regret it. Its a MUCH NEEDED upgrade for a GS150.
    The last Gs pic belongs to 12guage. And the disc was installed by PS according to him.

Sent from my Moto G
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abobobilly i think its a bit of an exaggeration that the GS's drum brakes dont work.. i mean they do stop you eventually. yeah they're quite poor, but im not hard on the throttle and always keep a safe distance from cars/bikes etc. but yes, for emergency stops (anything can happen on the road), they're rubbish. at the moment im not really inclined on spending 13k on a bike 122k bike i just got down the road maybe.. i will get a 250/400/500 anyways, hopefully tab tak kuch nai hota

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

actually why I said I relied not on front brakes becuase at teenage we did not had front brakes and removed the brake shoes and mudgaurd ... and *&#$(( ....

so there were only two ways to have a sharp cut or to skid into what comes upfront... I have stitches and scars on my face and body becuase of that...

Road master Big Drums were excellent in stopping the 200cc bike impressively I dont know the reason but they were far ahead in performance then local drum brake bikes... very much matchabe to RP/Deluxe it has a fat Front Cable which conects to Front brake and a big swing liver which creates a torque to apply brake.. You might be right that it may not have that good response time but it was still far ahead from local Drum brakes bikes..

ammar yes GS150 front brake work and they work really good for any humble to moderate rider ... but in case of emergnecy braking they fail to response as activly as needed...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very well explained.

MADE IN WAZIRABAD.............................RUNNING IN FAISALABAD..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

User Tag List