Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb All About Suzuki Inazuma 250

Suzuki Inazuma 250 Review : xBhp's First impression & ride report

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 15

Suzuki Inazuma: The Time Machine
    I was very excited to learn many months ago of Suzuki coming out with a new 250. I was thinking of something on the lines of a mini GSXR and the B-King to cater to the faired and naked enthusiasts respectively ala Yamaha?s R15 and FZ16.
    Then the images of the first bike started to roll out on the web. Not everyone was sure is this would be the actual 250 or just a photoshopped image, but everyone knew it would be a naked and everyone wished that it would look like the BKing production, if not the concept.

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - bkingconcept
    BKing concept as showcased in 2001

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - bkingproduction
    What actually came out as a production bike in 2007

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki GW250S 2014
    And the Inazuma GW 250S, the faired version of the IZ250

Rewind a little bit and some of you might know that the original B King concept was the one which attracted most Oohs and Aahs when Suzuki first showcased in 2001. It looked like it meant business and gave the word ?streetfighter? a visual synonym in the world of motorcycles.

By the time the bike was actually brought into production, it lost its appeal due to some subtle and very obvious design philosophy changes. A concept is always appreciated by its looks first rather than the assumed performance since no one can actually ride and test it. Companies look at the positive feedback and they all forget about this basic fact.

The sales of the BKing were a disaster, much like Yamaha?s MT-01. However the bike was fantastic. Having ridden it extensively around NZ in 2010, I can vouch for its brutal power and handling. But that wasn?t enough for people to shell out the money.
    Five years since the launch of the production BKing, the Suzuki Inazuma 250 was unveiled. And most people went ? Facepalm! There was just one question ?Why couldn?t Suzuki just make the bike look like the BKing concept, or at least the BKing production bike?.
    Inazuma means ?lightning? and there was a Suzuki Inazuma 750 as well, but it looks nothing like what they have done with the 250.

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Inazuma750
    Inazuma 750

Looks
    No matter how hard I try, I cannot say the bike looks beautiful. From some angles it does look meaty, but overall it is very dated and confused. I say confused because it doesn?t look like streetfighter, it doesn?t look like a caf? racer. It just looks very, - commuterish, and it is categorized as such in most countries.

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 29

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 1

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 2

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 23

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 26

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 21

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 18

The rear looks thin, especially with the two exhausts. The best view would be the front 3/4th, where the bike looks its biggest. The lines are very simple and would suit very simple tastes, but when you have precedents like the BKing concept, years to work on it and competition like the CBR250 (on the budget side), then how can the single most important thing in this segment be ignored ? looks.

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 16

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 28

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 24

Rather than stamping this out as a disappointment just based on this aspect, I would like to now look at the positive sides and delve a little deeper.

Best thing would be to have a look yourself and decide, it just might hit the right chords.

Performance
    Twin cylinder, 248cc, 24.5 Bhp@7000 rpm. It will rev up to 10,500, but it feels on edge. The acceleration is nothing to write home about and the gears are pretty short. I was at a speedo indicated 110 kmph at 8000 rpm. And you can?t do this all day long, as the engine feels strained though smooth. It is not aimed at the performance bike category hence it can pass of a great premium performance commuter.

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 7

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 6

It should cruise at 80-90 all day long with a fly screen however.

I rode it for around 30 km on the highway and in city. The torque is good enough for you to set up little red light GPs, but watch out if it?s a bike like the KTM 200. However expect respectable pull only above 4500 rpm.

Aural
    Sounds decent, in-between the single cylinder CBR250 but definitely not sweet as the Ninja 250 at higher revs. But you will get heard if you are maxing it out at 10500 rpm or thereabouts.

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 14

Rideability
    The bike is incredibly easy to ride. Flip the stand, thumb the starter and you are off. Everything is very functional and the seat is widest in class offering great comfort, especially for the pillion. The build quality is also very good, the kind expected from Suzuki.

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 3

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 5

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 4

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 8

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 10

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 11

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 12

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 13

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 20

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 27

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 22

What Else?

The success of this bike will depend on the price and the positioning. It can be marketed any which ways, but there are bikes which do not need any marketing and the customer knows they are worth their salt. The Suzuki Hayabusa was an insane success. The Suzuki Bandit 1250 was also a plain looking bike but very functional and served the purpose. It was a decent success. However the IZ250 is different, it is competing in an already very competitive market and its major buyers will be the youth who are very tired of going through decades of drought of good performance bikes in India. I am not sure if they would like to relive that again.
    Put this mill into a mini BKing or a GSXR 250 if you may and I will line up first to buy it!

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - Suzuki inazuma 250 review 30

All About Suzuki Inazuma 250 - comparo3

Source: Suzuki Inazuma 250 Review : xBhp's First impression & ride report

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151594796081637" width="800" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is simple,this is 2013 and the demands and tastes have changed with time..There are no CBR 400 styled bikes launching as of now(so long the great shapes)..Unfortunately people prefer CCs over technology..Inazuma is a perfect commuter for a premium.Perfect for intra/inter city travel.I can buy an inazuma but its not my requirement as of now.

A global model with 180 kg + kerb weight,good engine and all weather ride is being called crapistic pff
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    It is simple,this is 2013 and the demands and tastes have changed with time..There are no CBR 400 styled bikes launching as of now(so long the great shapes)..Unfortunately people prefer CCs over technology..Inazuma is a perfect commuter for a premium.Perfect for intra/inter city travel.I can buy an inazuma but its not my requirement as of now.

A global model with 180 kg + kerb weight,good engine and all weather ride is being called crapistic pff
    Local custom dictates that anything that is not a Honda cg125 ... automatically qualifies as a failed product

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    But i like skinny females mate
    Well i do too, but thats wasn't the point :\

I was referring to the "Mindset" (belief) of people who think ONLY SKINNY can be beautiful.

It is simple,this is 2013 and the demands and tastes have changed with time..There are no CBR 400 styled bikes launching as of now(so long the great shapes)..Unfortunately people prefer CCs over technology..
    Thats exactly what makes me sad. AND NO, Demands haven't changed. Just because one or two people out of 10 think they prefer "Sporty" looks, doesn't mean Everyone thinks the same. I have dozens of people i know who share the same opinion as mine on this subject.

Its just like "Cars" these days becoming so "sporty looking" that they look frigging ridiculous. I don't want to enforce "my liking" on anyone but i for one prefer "Simplicity" and "Elegant Looks". (A 6th Gen Honda Civic is far more beautiful in my eyes than 2013 model which looks like my worst nightmare)

While i DO prefer Engine over Looks (just like i prefer Hardware in Cell Phones more than their looks) ... but i would never have an "Overly Done" product which would Try "Too hard" to look beautiful.

Inazuma is a perfect commuter for a premium.Perfect for intra/inter city travel.I can buy an inazuma but its not my requirement as of now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    Local custom dictates that anything that is not a Honda cg125 ... automatically qualifies as a failed product
    If any of guys didn't notice, i also criticize today's bikes like Piaggio, Deluxe, Pridor or any other for having too much Plastic on them. I have no idea why people think "addition more plastic" can make the bike look "beautiful". While i can understand the basic reasons behind doing so (weight reduction etc), i just don't like the idea of making them "Fragile".

Anyway, this is a rather subjective discussion so lets not continue it. If you like Inazuma, good for you. Go ahead and buy it. I don't consider it a "value for money" ride in Pakistan, let alone believing it to be a "Commuter".
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Well i do too, but thats wasn't the point :\

I was referring to the "Mindset" (belief) of people who think ONLY SKINNY can be beautiful.

Thats exactly what makes me sad. AND NO, Demands haven't changed. Just because one or two people out of 10 think they prefer "Sporty" looks, doesn't mean Everyone thinks the same. I have dozens of people i know who share the same opinion as mine on this subject.

Its just like "Cars" these days becoming so "sporty looking" that they look frigging ridiculous. I don't want to enforce "my liking" on anyone but i for one prefer "Simplicity" and "Elegant Looks". (A 6th Gen Honda Civic is far more beautiful in my eyes than 2013 model which looks like my worst nightmare)

While i DO prefer Engine over Looks (just like i prefer Hardware in Cell Phones more than their looks) ... but i would never have an "Overly Done" product which would Try "Too hard" to look beautiful.

If any of guys didn't notice, i also criticize today's bikes like Piaggio, Deluxe, Pridor or any other for having too much Plastic on them. I have no idea why people think "addition more plastic" can make the bike look "beautiful". While i can understand the basic reasons behind doing so (weight reduction etc), i just don't like the idea of making them "Fragile".

Anyway, this is a rather subjective discussion so lets not continue it. If you like Inazuma, good for you. Go ahead and buy it. I don't consider it a "value for money" ride in Pakistan, let alone believing it to be a "Commuter".
    In my opinion the best commuter would Honda NC700X it has a dual clutch transmission and its a fully automatic bike fully suitable for commiting

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    In my opinion the best commuter would Honda NC700X it has a dual clutch transmission and its a fully automatic bike fully suitable for commiting
    NC700x and inazuma are not in the same league.One would cost 10lakh + in pakistan and the inazuma's pricing we already know.In pakistan people consider efficiency over performance,like kina avg hai iska and inazuma serves the purpose ( is not to heavy on pockets wrt fuel efficiency)

Honda civic 2013 model the eu 1 is globally considered inferior in looks ( not just pakistan)

NC700x lacks lacks class leading horse power,with peak torque at 6.1k rpm.It is just designed to be fuel efficient.But it is not a cheap ride.

60 mpg 10lakh ride vs 85 mpg 6.75lakh ride

Inazuma was not designed for speed fanatics like the cbr250r. It was meant for comfortable commuting and thus its looks entirely serve the purpose.

Criticism is easy,Inazuma is a global model recently launched in Pakistan and interested ppl will always buy this ride.

Todays bikes yup the got loads of plastic.But that plastic is not hindering the bike's performance or reliability.I got a CD-100 atm it has plastic rear fender and side covers and they are just like new.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

NC700x and inazuma are not in the same league.One would cost 10lakh + in pakistan and the inazuma's pricing we already know.In pakistan people consider efficiency over performance,like kina avg hai iska and inazuma serves the purpose ( is not to heavy on pockets wrt fuel efficiency)

Honda civic 2013 model the eu 1 is globally considered inferior in looks ( not just pakistan)

NC700x lacks lacks class leading horse power,with peak torque at 6.1k rpm.It is just designed to be fuel efficient.But it is not a cheap ride.

60 mpg 10lakh ride vs 85 mpg 6.75lakh ride

Inazuma was not designed for speed fanatics like the cbr250r. It was meant for comfortable commuting and thus its looks entirely serve the purpose.

Criticism is easy,Inazuma is a global model recently launched in Pakistan and interested ppl will always buy this ride.

Todays bikes yup the got loads of plastic.But that plastic is not hindering the bike's performance or reliability.I got a CD-100 atm it has plastic rear fender and side covers and they are just like new.
    I totally agree with you and i am also a great fan of Inazuma
    Its looks blows me away every time i see it
    It is priced that high due to the following reasons:

• Build quality, even many reviewers deem its build quality greater than cbr250r
    • Suzuki uses aluminium in most of the parts of Inazuma as we know aluminium is light and more durable but is expensive
    • Lastly due to our Government's insane import policies and heavy duties

In the international market its price is reasonable and competes with cbr and ninja 250
    Everyone who is claiming that it is priced too high must import CBR 250R 2013 and then tell how much it costs to import into Pakistan
    I guarantee that importing brand new CBR250R would not cost less than 650,000 rupees

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2001 shape was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better
    REAL men drive manual cars!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Water cooled have slim cylenders and heads..
    ok... wht abt double exhaust?? it wud look evn better and more sporty with single under saddle exhaust.. or phr achi bike ha, mgr itni b nahe k 675...???? one can get a gud 600 in this range.. i knw u r not liable to answer these but suzuki must answer them..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syed_humza View Post
    ok... wht abt double exhaust?? it wud look evn better and more sporty with single under saddle exhaust.. or phr achi bike ha, mgr itni b nahe k 675...???? one can get a gud 600 in this range.. i knw u r not liable to answer these but suzuki must answer them..
    Yar this bike is for sale in UK for 3,408 pounds which amounts to almost Rs 510,000 here but due to stupid and insane duties it amounts to an insane Rs 675,000
    A cbr250r 2013 in UK also costs 4,108 pounds which amounts to Rs 610,000 and what do you say about honda's price
    AND NOW YOU WILL START COMPLAINING ABOUT CBR's PRICE ALSO
    BHAI YE REALITY HAY MAY APP KO CURRENT PRICES BTA RHA HU OF UK WALI IN BIKES KI
    SUZUKI IS STILL CHEAPER THAN CBR but almost the same or better performance than the cbr
    Please do not wine if you can't afford these bikes
    At least suzuki has grown the balls to introduce these bikes in this country with warranty and after sales service
    And yeah you can buy a clean 600cc in this price but what if something goes wrong after a month or so and since you will have no warranty, your Rs 600,000 will be almost wasted brother
    The point of this post is not to criticize you but to tell you that in reality these 250cc bikes are too damn expensive bro even at international level

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By current conversion rate of pounds, a ?3408 should come to Rs. 572000, hence the present price of 675000 is justified. ...although I agree and honestly admit that I can't afford one... inshaAllaah some day I will

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one can get a gud 600 in this range..
    Well if someone is interested in GW250, most probably he is looking for an economic commuter.
    why would he even think of getting a 600???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I curse them for the high price too... but its price tag is high becuase of our govt, and devalued Rupee... If we compare price with other countries then the price of Pakistani Inazuema is a pure steal deal!!

But Hum logon k Rupee itna De-Value ho gya hai or pays or income itni kam hai k ye bikes weghara humari range say bahir hai even local honda 125 is now 1.2 lac.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anybody have details for its instalment plan.. ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

DIB offers installement on Heavy bikes you can get incontact with them I cehcekd that in 2009 now I dont have any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by d3vil View Post
    Anybody have details for its instalment plan.. ?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And hamza bhai bike itni bhi farigh nahi hai iska apna aik andaz hai aik style hai bas ap ye video dekhain is video ko dekhny ky bad meray kaye close firends apni GS500e ko Good bye kehny ka soch rahay hain ..

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151594796081637" frameborder="0" height="720" width="1280"></iframe>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151594796081637" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this bike is very good but don't know why personally i don't like its design
    specially its looks from rear are not good & at front that ugly fender is ruining whole
    look of bike

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't find anything wrong with this bike, except the price
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This was equivalent to bike P.O.R.N

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    and hamza bhai bike itni bhi farigh nahi hai iska apna aik andaz hai aik style hai bas ap ye video dekhain is video ko dekhny ky bad meray kaye close firends apni gs500e ko good bye kehny ka soch rahay hain ..

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151594796081637" frameborder="0" height="720" width="1280"></iframe>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post