Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 486
Like Tree391Likes

Thread: My Suzuki GD 110.

  1. #1
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile My Suzuki GD 110.

    Good day, everyone.

    I have made the long-awaited purchase of Suzuki GD 110 today, Alhamdu Lillah. I bought it from Empress Tower Suzuki, Lahore. It is the 7th GD here on Pak Wheels

    I call its colour love-red

    Suzuki GD 110 has indeed ushered us into a new era of motor-biking in Pakistan.

    Behold, a lot of performance reviews are coming your way. So stay tuned.

    Below are a few Suzuki GD 110 vs. Honda CD 100 (Pridor) reviews based on my experience of both:
    General Riding Experience.
    Frame Vibrations Transferred to Side-view Mirros.

    Gear Box - Transmission System.

    Features worth mentioning:
    Auto-Decompression System
    Suspension System.

    Pictures:
    Few more clicks.
    Some random clicks.
    Pictures after a Wash.

    My Solution to Kick Issue.

    Updates:
    Extremely Poor Fuel Consumption.

    Attached Images Attached Images                
    First deserve, then desire.

  2. #201
    PakWheeler Follow
    Unkn0wn_Artist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yar I tried to start new thread but could not,

    Yesterday I bought new GD-110.

    I am in love with it.

    Comfort + Smoothness + Beauty = GD-110

    Bike Nahi, Love Hai Yeh Ji
    Attached Images Attached Images                

  3. #202
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    1. Can you do one thing. Once you locate the mixer screw. Tight it to full means clock wise. Now lose it means anti clock wise and do six rounds. Ride for 1 or 2 kms and then check the spark plug. The tip should be white.

    2. Or, turn the fuel cork to off and drive till the bike start suffocation. Note that if it is half a km then the fuel consumption is good. It will something related to the fuel quantity from the pump.

    If not satisfied with point 2 above then you should try point 1. It will help you in sha Allah.
    Cannot seem to find fuel mixture screw :-( Suzuki uses a BS-type carburettor in all its bikes in Pakistan which is different than the one used in Honda. I took my GD to a Honda Antenna dealer who tried to search for fuel mixture screw, but couldn't find it I am left with only one option to take it to a Suzuki showroom on Saturday as on weekdays they close before I get free from office.

    By the way, today I took fuel from Shell instead of PSO. Let's see if it brings any improvement. I'll try to gauge distance covered in full carburettor in the morning by setting fuel cork to off position, and share the results.
    First deserve, then desire.

  4. #203
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hope your GD returns a normal mileage this time

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

  5. #204
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    1. Can you do one thing. Once you locate the mixer screw. Tight it to full means clock wise. Now lose it means anti clock wise and do six rounds. Ride for 1 or 2 kms and then check the spark plug. The tip should be white.

    2. Or, turn the fuel cork to off and drive till the bike start suffocation. Note that if it is half a km then the fuel consumption is good. It will something related to the fuel quantity from the pump.

    If not satisfied with point 2 above then you should try point 1. It will help you in sha Allah.
    1- I could not find any adjustment screw on its carburettor as it is different from conventional carburettors being used in other local motorbikes in Pakistan. I will take it to authorized Suzuki mechanic on weekend, Insha Allah.

    2- I tried doing this experiment three times while coming to office this morning. While riding at a constant speed of 60 km/h, I turned off fuel cork and noted the distance covered before the engine started to stall. Here are the findings:
    Iteration Mileage (km)
    1 1.0
    2 1.3
    3 1.3
    I got a lesser mileage in first run because I had to slow down twice for speed-breakers; in the consequent runs, I drove it at a constant speed of 60 km/h on a straight road without having to slow down. Since I got 1.3 km twice on a constant-speed run, I would assume my bike does 1.3 km on one full carburettor.

    Performing reverse calculation from the fuel-average reading I recently got (37.5 km/L), a fully filled carburettor contains approximately (1.3/37.5 = ) 0.035 L (or 35 mL) of fuel. Yesterday I got (700/109.6 = ) 6.39L of fuel from Shell, and according to these calculations it would cover a mere (6.38 X 1.3/0.035 = ) 237.34 km only - bad!

    It means, bike should do more on one filled carburettor. Agree?
    First deserve, then desire.

  6. #205
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    770
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Since your bike is brand new then there must be a rubber cap somewhere on the carburetor. I had a similar case with 150, we were not able to find the screw then we found a rubber cap at the magnet cover side. If you remove this rubber cap you will find the screw.

    Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    Cannot seem to find fuel mixture screw :-( Suzuki uses a BS-type carburettor in all its bikes in Pakistan which is different than the one used in Honda. I took my GD to a Honda Antenna dealer who tried to search for fuel mixture screw, but couldn't find it I am left with only one option to take it to a Suzuki showroom on Saturday as on weekdays they close before I get free from office.

    By the way, today I took fuel from Shell instead of PSO. Let's see if it brings any improvement. I'll try to gauge distance covered in full carburettor in the morning by setting fuel cork to off position, and share the results.

  7. #206
    PakWheeler Follow
    shedatali's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    292
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unkn0wn_Artist View Post
    Yar I tried to start new thread but could not,

    Yesterday I bought new GD-110.

    I am in love with it.

    Comfort + Smoothness + Beauty = GD-110

    Bike Nahi, Love Hai Yeh Ji

    Bohat bohat mubarak ho.. first Black GD110 on pakwheel...nice..

  8. #207
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    2- While riding at a constant speed of 60 km/h, I turned off fuel cork and noted the distance covered before the engine started to stall. Here are the findings:
    Iteration Mileage (km)
    1 1.0
    2 1.3
    3 1.3
    I got a lesser mileage in first run because I had to slow down twice for speed-breakers; in the consequent runs, I drove it at a constant speed of 60 km/h on a straight road without having to slow down. Since I got 1.3 km twice on a constant-speed run, I would assume my bike does 1.3 km on one full carburettor.

    Performing reverse calculation from the fuel-average reading I recently got (37.5 km/L), a fully filled carburettor contains approximately (1.3/37.5 = ) 0.035 L (or 35 mL) of fuel. Yesterday I got (700/109.6 = ) 6.39L of fuel from Shell, and according to these calculations it would cover a mere (6.38 X 1.3/0.035 = ) 237.34 km only - bad!

    It means, bike should do more on one filled carburettor. Agree?
    Alright guys, I am thoroughly frustrated at the moment with GD's fuel consumption. I took my bike to Suzuki showroom last saturday and told them about poor fuel average. Mechanic adjusted mixture and told me it should be okay now. However, bike is continuing to perform pathetically when it comes to fuel guzzling. It is such a fuel-hungry machine! It did only 227 km in 6.38L (~36 km/L). Even a 125 does a better mileage than this.

    Yesterday I took it to a trusted road-side mechanic and discussed this problem with him. I requested him to check spark-plug's condition and adjust mixture accordingly. He checked the spark plug and said it was showing everything is "normal". It frustrated me further. However, he did not touch the carburettor saying "you should take it to Suzuki showroom, do not let anyone else than them to even touch its carburettor". I appreciate his honesty: should that have been any "dehaarri baaz", he would have attempted to adjust the carburettor and further ruin it.

    Anyway, I am taking it to Suzuki showroom again over coming weekend and will tell them to change engine's head, tranmission system, carburettor, or whatever else they have to do but I want the promised mileage of 45 - 55 km/L from my GD.
    First deserve, then desire.

  9. #208
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    getscorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    36 is shockingly low average for 110 ... even if u ride it like crazy, it still shouldn't hv given that fuel avg .. i always get 45/48kmpl from my deluxe mostly riding in 60 speed ...
    Rise from the ashes,.....

  10. #209
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mfdarvesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,806
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    @TZB, it is frustrating really ...

    A brand new machine is not behaving good and I also salute to road side mechanic

    What is happening with rest of GD Owners, are they not concerned with average ????

  11. #210
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    ​Suzuki GD110 is proving to be very poor in fuel average
    now i think it was better if pak suzuki had launched 120cc version
    which is known as AX120 versions of this bike atleast low consumption
    could have been justified by saying its almost an 125cc engine
    110 is actually 112cc so 120cc must be around 122cc
    so means it almost fall in 125cc category

  12. #211
    PakWheeler Follow
    RocketScience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    960
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    ​Suzuki GD110 is proving to be very poor in fuel average
    now i think it was better if pak suzuki had launched 120cc version
    which is known as AX120 versions of this bike atleast low consumption
    could have been justified by saying its almost an 125cc engine
    110 is actually 112cc so 120cc must be around 122cc
    so means it almost fall in 125cc category
    Bro! not every GD is providing poor fuel average
    I am getting 44 to 50 with pillion
    and 50-55 on single

  13. #212
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketScience View Post
    Bro! not every GD is providing poor fuel average
    I am getting 44 to 50 with pillion
    and 50-55 on single
    Congratulations, RocketScience bro! What is your average riding speed with and without pillion rider?
    First deserve, then desire.

  14. #213
    PakWheeler Follow
    RocketScience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    960
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    Congratulations, RocketScience bro! What is your average riding speed with and without pillion rider?
    Avg speed is 60-65
    If you r not satisfied with your showroom mechanic then contact Mr. Yasir at BJ Motors (Queens Road)

  15. #214
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    TZB yaar you should change mechanic as suggested by Rocketscience bro
    you should give a try to some other suzuki mechanic

  16. #215
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waqas18's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,501
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I m getting 48 to 53 km/ltr... normally I ride at the speed 0f above 70 with my bro...
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

  17. #216
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Only Waqas bhai you are very satisfied with fuel average of GD110
    and why you should not be as those are very impressive statistics
    TZB and now shedatali are not satisfied with its fuel average

    TZB brother don't be too much frustrated with GD110
    Your frustration is very justified but i again say get it checked from
    some expert Suzuki mechanic brother i am very dis hearted reading those comments
    from an GD owner i myself buy AHl bikes but i am not an blind crazy fan of AHl bikes
    AHl without doubt is leader and they are producing very good bikes
    i had big hopes from GD110 and i was very happy with its launch here but like you
    i am very sad with those issues which pak suzuki has completely ignored

    but despite that i would advise don't take any decision in hurry or frustration
    my pridor is also having some very annoying errors and those are common errors
    present in almost every pridor 100 they really frustrated me but still i am keeping it
    as there are some other good things in pridor too

  18. #217
    Site Banned Follow
    Xarak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    498
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I had warned you. If you remember. Not to buy a GD. Now resale is pathetic. What's your plan?

  19. #218
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Gd will prove to be yet another flop for suzuki judging from the feedback here at pakwheels. Yet again they thought newer tech would mean a good bike. Shame

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

  20. #219
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqas18 View Post
    I m getting 48 to 53 km/ltr... normally I ride at the speed 0f above 70 with my bro...
    Masha Allah, what a decent average you are getting
    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Only Waqas bhai you are very satisfied with fuel average of GD110
    and why you should not be as those are very impressive statistics
    TZB and now shedatali are not satisfied with its fuel average

    TZB brother don't be too much frustrated with GD110
    Your frustration is very justified but i again say get it checked from
    some expert Suzuki mechanic brother i am very dis hearted reading those comments
    from an GD owner i myself buy AHl bikes but i am not an blind crazy fan of AHl bikes
    AHl without doubt is leader and they are producing very good bikes
    i had big hopes from GD110 and i was very happy with its launch here but like you
    i am very sad with those issues which pak suzuki has completely ignored

    but despite that i would advise don't take any decision in hurry or frustration
    my pridor is also having some very annoying errors and those are common errors
    present in almost every pridor 100 they really frustrated me but still i am keeping it
    as there are some other good things in pridor too
    Yaar Amjad bro, I do not know about Pridor, but I was very satisfied with my Honda CD 100. I only faced two issues with it:
    1. It gave me a tough time on cold start, especially in winters. I had to start it on choke even on hot summer mornings.
    2. The "khatak khatak" in 2nd gear. I had to give much throttle before releasing clutch to avoid these jerks while after shifting the bike in 2nd gear.


    Besides this I had no issues with it whatsoever.

    Yes bro, I am going to visit Suzuki showroom again this Saturday, Insha Allah. I will share its outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarak View Post
    I had warned you. If you remember. Not to buy a GD. Now resale is pathetic. What's your plan?
    Xarak bro, I am more than 70% convinced to sell it. But I am not in a hurry, I'll wait to get a good price and will sell it out only then. Any interested buyers?
    First deserve, then desire.

  21. #220
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Yaar Amjad bro, I do not know about Pridor, but I was very satisfied with my Honda CD 100. I only faced two issues with it:

    1. It gave me a tough time on cold start, especially in winters. I had to start it on choke even on hot summer mornings.
    2. The "khatak khatak" in 2nd gear. I had to give much throttle before releasing clutch to avoid these jerks while after shifting the bike in 2nd gear.



    Besides this I had no issues with it whatsoever.

    Yes bro, I am going to visit Suzuki showroom again this Saturday, Insha Allah. I will share its outcome.
    ​TZB brother engine is same in both bikes but many others things are given which are brilliant
    brother looks matters alot for me and there are many changes introduce cosmetically
    i have never seen this much changes in a bike introduced By AHl in past
    as they gave the new name to bike so they have transformed it completely too
    except the engine i wish they had introduce some changes in engine too
    the seat is very comfortable sit better than CD100 overall bike design outlook is killer
    meter is very beautiful & yeah its dashboard so its really fun driving pridor 100
    much much experience than classic 100 despite the both bikes have engine

    *Issue 1 = You will be glad to know that there is no issue what so ever in pridor of Cold start
    believe since the day i have purchased Pridor its always one kick start they have completely sort out this issue
    *Issue 2 = Kattak sound is still present there and yeah that is one of the tactic to avoid kattak sound
    but i follow 2nd tactic which is shift to 2nd gear earlier and it will shift gear very smooth

    I am more than 70% convinced to sell it. But I am not in a hurry, I'll wait to get a good price and will sell it out only then. Any interested buyers?
    the resell is very low and you know that i would advise contact same suzuki showroom guy
    they offer exchange deal with them if you little bit like Raider people say it gives excellent average
    Raider is an good option for you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •