Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile My Suzuki GD 110.

Good day, everyone.

I have made the long-awaited purchase of Suzuki GD 110 today, Alhamdu Lillah. I bought it from Empress Tower Suzuki, Lahore. It is the 7th GD here on Pak Wheels

I call its colour love-red

Suzuki GD 110 has indeed ushered us into a new era of motor-biking in Pakistan.

Behold, a lot of performance reviews are coming your way. So stay tuned.

Below are a few Suzuki GD 110 vs. Honda CD 100 (Pridor) reviews based on my experience of both:
    General Riding Experience.
    Frame Vibrations Transferred to Side-view Mirros.

Gear Box - Transmission System.

Features worth mentioning:
    Auto-Decompression System
    Suspension System.

Pictures:
    Few more clicks.
    Some random clicks.
    Pictures after a Wash.

My Solution to Kick Issue.

Updates:
    Extremely Poor Fuel Consumption.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    First deserve, then desire.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@naseer_jaan zaroor brother me gujrat me hi rehta hun muje apna no inbox kar den aur jab marzi a jayen :p

Quote Originally Posted by naseer_jaan View Post
    @imranabid4301 i sale my pridor and need to purchase new bike , kaya aap gujrat city main rehty hain ? main aap ki bike ki test ride aik dafa karna chahta hon , kaya aap mujhe test ride karwa sakty hain ?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-honest-advice

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Respost...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir Jee that mechanic and the customers he is getting are idiots and talking nonsense. I had a sprinter for five years and never ever was the carburetor been opened even for a service and I had done 90,000 + kms on it. The Mikuni carburetor of the Sprinter is without doubt the best carburetor fitted to a Pakistani bike. These carburetors are beyond these hatora mechanics to understand that's why they say things like that.

P.S. Punch that mechanic really hard in the face on my behalf :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir Jee that mechanic and the customers he is getting are idiots and talking nonsense. I had a sprinter for five years and never ever the was the carburetor been opened even for a service and I had done 90,000 + kms on it. The Mikuni carburetor of the Sprinter is without doubt the best carburetor fitted to a pakistani bike. These carburetors are too complicated for the hatora mechanics to understand. And not just me a couple of my friends have sprinter and they have done a lot of milage and have encountered no issues regarding carburetor or the engine.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quick question:
    I was wondering about engine oil level while coming to office today; hence, I stopped at a random auto shop and got engine oil level inspected. I felt chilled to my bones and it sank my heart when the mechanic told me engine oil level had reduced and it should be brought to level. Somehow I had a feeling he was not saying the right thing. So I reached office, opened the engine oil gauge and found the engine oil to be at level indicated below - the dip-stick was filled with oil till the grooved area.
    My Suzuki GD 110 -1428873
    Note: This is an old pic; however, I have encircled in red the current engine oil level as I witnessed a short while ago.

Please advise whether this is the safe engine oil level as I do not have GD's manual with me to consult right now. If it isn't I would immediately take some time off from office and get the engine oil replaced.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    Quick question:
    I was wondering about engine oil level while coming to office today; hence, I stopped at a random auto shop and got engine oil level inspected. I felt chilled to my bones and it sank my heart when the mechanic told me engine oil level had reduced and it should be brought to level. Somehow I had a feeling he was not saying the right thing. So I reached office, opened the engine oil gauge and found the engine oil to be at level indicated below - the dip-stick was filled with oil till the grooved area.
    Note: This is an old pic; however, I have encircled in red the current engine oil level as I witnessed a short while ago.

Please advise whether this is the safe engine oil level as I do not have GD's manual with me to consult right now. If it isn't I would immediately take some time off from office and get the engine oil replaced.
    Stop using suzuki genuine oil if u do, use some quality 20w-50 oil and then see...

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Stop using suzuki genuine oil if u do, use some quality 20w-50 oil and then see...

Yes, after using it once or twice, I stopped using SGO. Now I am using Kixx 4T Ultra 20W50 (see here) for quite some time and I am satisfied with its performance.

But, can you please tell me if the level indicated in my previous post is safe engine oil level?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is safe, but to check oil level properly, start ur bike in the morning... by slowly reving warm the engine for 2,3 mins then turn off the bike, take dip stick out, clean it and with out turning its threads check the engine oil level, it would show the correct level

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The level is ok. No worries. Please also check the oil level in morning or when the engine has not been started for a couple of hours. Because all the oil which has been jumping around in the sump will settle at the bottom which will give you the most accurate level. And It should be a bit above the level in this pic. The mechanic is an idiot. He can't even tell the correct level even after using dipstick. Imagine what these mechanics will do this beautiful machine if one is given in their hands.

Quick question:

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is safe, but to check oil level properly, start ur bike in the morning... by slowly reving warm the engine for 2,3 mins then turn off the bike, take dip stick out, clean it and with out turning its threads check the engine oil level, it would show the correct level

Quote Originally Posted by dongiovanni View Post
    The level is ok. No worries. Please also check the oil level in morning or when the engine has not been started for a couple of hours. Because all the oil which has been jumping around in the sump will settle at the bottom which will give you the most accurate level.
    Now these are two contradicting views and I am inclined towards the second one. It makes sense to check oil level when it is completely settled down in the oil bay.

Automotorsport_Lover bro, can you please comment?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A couple of things I'd like to add. It does not matter if you are using cooking oil in your bike, the oil level should never get below the level when you put in new oil, if anything it should get further high when you drain it because of the carbon and other metal deposits it cleans from the engine increases the volume of the oil.

The oil starts to get low when the head gasket had worn out and given away some gap for the oil to enter the cylinder or if the bike is overfilled with oil which weakens the gasket and the above-mentioned problem starts to occur. But your bike is fairly new, so this problem should not be there.

And lastly if anything I think the oil level shown in your picture is a bit over. Not too much though.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TZB

From my Honda's owner manual, same was written in Yamaha's.

All the oil should not be in the pan, specially checking oil level of a bike parked for some hours is not advised, the proper way is.. the head engine should be a bit lubricated. (A start bike would have a lot of oil running towards its head)

My Suzuki GD 110. - avuza9uv

If the oil level feels to be low by measuring with above stated process, dont panic, change ur engine oil first.

Dont use kixx, i have a bad feeling towards it. Find a tried tested but genuine oil and then see if the level is reduced or not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont use kixx, i have a bad feeling towards it.
    Its a good oil, and is Semi Synthetic. At the same price, I found it much Better than havoline.

Its being imported from Korea, and is manufactured by GS Oil.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TZB ! Always inspect engine oil on a Cold Engine, and when the bike is standing on double-stand. With that being said, your current oil level is just fine. When engine is running, the oil is being regulated inside the engine, which is why it may show you "less" on the dip stick.

Kixx Ultra 4T is a very good oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now these are two contradicting views and I am inclined towards the second one. It makes sense to check oil level when it is completely settled down in the oil bay.
    Both are right in their own regard. Automotorsport_Lover's statement stand correct when you want to "Change" the engine oil. The logic behind starting the bike, and revving it up slightly is that you would want the oil to become thinner, which will make it come out smoothly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Its a good oil, and is Semi Synthetic. At the same price, I found it much Better than havoline.

I know that, but is it being imported officially? Where is its own out let? How did it quickly made its way in an already saturated market? How come its a semi synthetic oil at the price of a simple mineral local oil? I doubt it only became popular due to push marketing... i.e. by giving retailer a lot of margin. The oil grade sold here in Pakistan is not listed in Kixx's website...
    Is it a genuine oil? Or self imported? Is the quality being messed up with? Its jaso ma2, not jaso ma. It should be of jaso ma compliance, jaso ma2 is something different. These r just my cents

The above said oil has already been discussed in amjad's thread about engine oils.

Shell is the market leader here in bikes, caltex follows... with these tycoons selling oil from years, whats the chance of an unknown new brand quickly becoming popular?

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TZB

All the oil should not be in the pan, specially checking oil level of a bike parked for some hours is not advised, the proper way is.. the head engine should be a bit lubricated. (A start bike would have a lot of oil running towards its head)
    I've drained the oil and poured in fresh oil today. But your information was helpful. Now I have one more question: the capacity of engine oil bay as stated on engine cowling is 900 mL; however, mechanic poured in whole 1L of engine oil it and it found the oil level on dip-stick to be just fine. What is the benefit/disadvantage combination of overdoing engine oil when pouring it?

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    I've tried and tested Kixx several times now in my GD, and I do find id much better than Havoline in that its viscosity remains appropriate for operation even at 1,500 km mark. My usual drain interval of Kixx is 1,500+. Today I replaced my GD's engine oil at 1,800 mark. However, Havoline starts to beg even before 1,000 km to have it drained.

I know that, but is it being imported officially? Where is its own out let? How did it quickly made its way in an already saturated market? How come its a semi synthetic oil at the price of a simple mineral local oil? I doubt it only became popular due to push marketing... i.e. by giving retailer a lot of margin. The oil grade sold here in Pakistan is not listed in Kixx's website...
    Is it a genuine oil? Or self imported? Is the quality being messed up with? Its jaso ma2, not jaso ma. It should be of jaso ma compliance, jaso ma2 is something different. These r just my cents

The above said oil has already been discussed in amjad's thread about engine oils.

Shell is the market leader here in bikes, caltex follows... with these tycoons selling oil from years, whats the chance of an unknown new brand quickly becoming popular?

I think we can these details from Pak Filter House (maybe this is the name of famous oil/filter shop on McLeod or Montgomery Road). Plus I am quite satisfied with its performance which I doubt would have been the case if the oil was fake. Please see my experience with this oil here in this thread.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've drained the oil and poured in fresh oil today. But your information was helpful. Now I have one more question: the capacity of engine oil bay as stated on engine cowling is 900 mL; however, mechanic poured in whole 1L of engine oil it and it found the oil level on dip-stick to be just fine. What is the benefit/disadvantage combination of overdoing engine oil when pouring it?

I've tried and tested Kixx several times now in my GD, and I do find id much better than Havoline in that its viscosity remains appropriate for operation even at 1,500 km mark. My usual drain interval of Kixx is 1,500+. Today I replaced my GD's engine oil at 1,800 mark. However, Havoline starts to beg even before 1,000 km to have it drained.

I think we can these details from Pak Filter House (maybe this is the name of famous oil/filter shop on McLeod or Montgomery Road). Plus%
    If you live in Lahore then why don't u buy Liqui moly? It is the best oil and in ur GD it can be drained till 1500-2000kms easily...

and 100ml excess is acceptable, however excess oil has a potential of making ur seals leak.
    1000ml in gd is ok, but 1000ml in cd70 or junoon can pose a risk of leaking weak seals.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, look at the engine oil condition after around 1,200 km (please excuse me for the blurred pictures, but it gives the idea):

My Suzuki GD 110  -1295229

My Suzuki GD 110  -1295230
    After coming home from office today, I decided to check engine oil's condition and see if it needs replacement. I was amazed to see engine oil retained its original colour after 1,200 km had been clocked on it. Plus, the oil felt thick and sticky on my fingers. Does the oil being sticky and thick mean it can still go on for a few more hundred km?
    Oile should turn their colour black, there are detergents in oil which clean carbon from engine.. if ur oil isnt changing colour after 500kms, then its probably a fake oil or not doing its cleaning job properly.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you live in Lahore then why don't u buy Liqui moly? It is the best oil and in ur GD it can be drained till 1500-2000kms easily...

and 100ml excess is acceptable, however excess oil has a potential of making ur seals leak.
    1000ml in gd is ok, but 1000ml in cd70 or junoon can pose a risk of leaking weak seals.

I've shared a glimpse of my experience with Kixx here in this thread. You can see the oil is performing well despite its origin being suspicious as you said. Liqui Moli indeed is the best oil available, but I am getting a drain interval of 1,500+ km with Kixx so I think it is indeed doing a good job. Just commenting on the basis of my experience with this oil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

User Tag List