Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile My Suzuki GD 110.

Good day, everyone.

I have made the long-awaited purchase of Suzuki GD 110 today, Alhamdu Lillah. I bought it from Empress Tower Suzuki, Lahore. It is the 7th GD here on Pak Wheels

I call its colour love-red

Suzuki GD 110 has indeed ushered us into a new era of motor-biking in Pakistan.

Behold, a lot of performance reviews are coming your way. So stay tuned.

Below are a few Suzuki GD 110 vs. Honda CD 100 (Pridor) reviews based on my experience of both:
    General Riding Experience.
    Frame Vibrations Transferred to Side-view Mirros.

Gear Box - Transmission System.

Features worth mentioning:
    Auto-Decompression System
    Suspension System.

Pictures:
    Few more clicks.
    Some random clicks.
    Pictures after a Wash.

My Solution to Kick Issue.

Updates:
    Extremely Poor Fuel Consumption.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    First deserve, then desire.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    I've shared a glimpse of my experience with Kixx here in this thread. You can see the oil is performing well despite its origin being suspicious as you said. Liqui Moli indeed is the best oil available, but I am getting a drain interval of 1,500+ km with Kixx so I think it is indeed doing a good job. Just commenting on the basis of my experience with this oil.
    check my reply on that thread, just made a reply

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, look at the engine oil condition after around 1,200 km (please excuse me for the blurred pictures, but it gives the idea):

My Suzuki GD 110  -1295229

My Suzuki GD 110  -1295230
    After coming home from office today, I decided to check engine oil's condition and see if it needs replacement. I was amazed to see engine oil retained its original colour after 1,200 km had been clocked on it. Plus, the oil felt thick and sticky on my fingers. Does the oil being sticky and thick mean it can still go on for a few more hundred km?
    If the oil colour isnt changing for 500kms or above then it probably is a fake oil, engine oil have detergents in them and their job is to clean the engine from carbon deposits...

Oil itself turns black, but cleanses the engine. If oil doesnt changr colour for 1500kms, then its useless im afraid.

Or ur engine is super dooper clean from inside

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    If the oil colour isnt changing for 500kms or above then it probably is a fake oil, engine oil have detergents in them and their job is to clean the engine from carbon deposits...

Oil itself turns black, but cleanses the engine. If oil doesnt changr colour for 1500kms, then its useless im afraid.

When it is drained, it indeed is black when seen as a whole but shows unchanged color on dipstick.

Or ur engine is super dooper clean from inside
    Lolz, I hope that's the case :-D

Let's see how it continues to perform as only today I poured in fresh oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Automotorsport_Lover ! I have searched about oil grades a lot before coming to the conclusion that these hold literally no value for our commuter bikes. If you are interested about whether or not Kixx is Fake or Real, drop the company GS Oil directly, an Email and see what they have to say in Reply. Each bottle have a serial code written on them.

If you happen to know AliBaba, here is what a page says about Kixx (In the list of countries where its exported, Pakistan is also available in that list). The specs written at the bottom for 20W-40 may not be the real deal, but ... the company website does state that Kixx Ultra 4T comes in 20W-50: KIXX ULTRA 4T SL, View motorcycle engine oil, Product Details from RPM KOREA CO LTD on Alibaba.com

The company website link: GS Caltex Lubricants

Here is what wikipedia article says about grades for SL & SJ.
    The SN standard refers to a group of laboratory and engine tests, including the latest series for control of high-temperature deposits. Current API service categories include SN, SM, SL and SJ for gasoline engines. All previous service designations are obsolete, although motorcycle oils commonly still use the SF/SG standard.
    Wikipedia: Motor oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for grades specifically, even if you take Havoline in Pakistan ... it doesn't even have a JASO-MA grade, and its SG, which is even older than Kixx Ultra 4T.

The whole point is, its being sold via Filter House, located at Montgomery Road, which are FAMOUS for selling 100% original stuff. And yes i do trust them for that.

As for oil not turning black ... Kixx Ultra 4T DOES turn in black. I have used TWO bottles, before pouring in your beloved Liqui Moly. And after a few recent LONG drives (some of which i have also shared here at PakWheels), i found LiquiMoly to be OVERRATED. I am still standing firm on my statement because i have seen my Clutch Performance to remain JUST THE SAME (worse actually, after a few high speed runs). And the bike has barely done 275kms on odometer after pouring in LiquiMoly.

Once i am done with this, i will go back to Kixx Ultra 4T once more, to check and confirm if i am mistaken about LiquiMoly or if it REALLY is Overrated.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    @Automotorsport_Lover ! I have searched about oil grades a lot before coming to the conclusion that these hold literally no value for our commuter bikes. If you are interested about whether or not Kixx is Fake or Real, drop the company GS Oil directly, an Email and see what they have to say in Reply. Each bottle have a serial code written on them.

If you happen to know AliBaba, here is what a page says about Kixx (In the list of countries where its exported, Pakistan is also available in that list). The specs written at the bottom for 20W-40 may not be the real deal, but ... the company website does state that Kixx Ultra 4T comes in 20W-50: KIXX ULTRA 4T SL, View motorcycle engine oil, Product Details from RPM KOREA CO LTD on Alibaba.com

The company website link: GS Caltex Lubricants

Here is what wikipedia article says about grades for SL & SJ.

Wikipedia: Motor oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for grades specifically, even if you take Havoline in Pakistan ... it doesn't even have a JASO-MA grade, and its SG, which is even older than Kixx Ultra 4T.

The whole point is, its being sold via Filter House, located at Montgomery Road, which are FAMOUS for selling 100% original stuff. And yes i do trust them for that.

As for oil not turning black ... Kixx Ultra 4T DOES turn in black. I have used TWO bottles, before pouring in your beloved Liqui Moly. And after a few recent LONG drives (some of which i have also shared here at PakWheels), i found LiquiMoly to be OVERRATED. I am still standing firm on my statement because i have seen my Clutch Performance to remain JUST THE SAME (worse actually, after a few high speed runs). And the bike has barely done 275kms on odometer after pouring in LiquiMoly.

Once i am done with this, i will go back to Kixx Ultra 4T once more, to check and confirm if i am mistaken about LiquiMoly or if it REALLY is Overrated.
    So?

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is it a genuine oil? Or self imported? Is the quality being messed up with? Its jaso ma2, not jaso ma. It should be of jaso ma compliance, jaso ma2 is something different. These r just my cents

Shell is the market leader here in bikes, caltex follows... with these tycoons selling oil from years, whats the chance of an unknown new brand quickly becoming popular?
    It is indeed a JASO-MA/MA2 compliant oil.
    Links:
    KIXX Ultra 4T SL

And it is not popular yet. I am seeing abobilly the third person here on PW forums to endorse Kixx, the first ones being mqsdrana and myself.

And the whole point of this discussion is to share information in the general interest of everyone. We are just discussing a new product we found useful after experience.

Disclaimer: None of us has Kixx import rights or is its distributor in Pakistan

Have a great sunday, and maybe one should go for a dive in Lahore canal today

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Extremely Poor Fuel Consumption.

So here I am, extremely dismayed at my GD's thirst for fuel. This last Sunday it ran into reserve and I immediately filled the tank with 7.38 L of fuel (until the tank was full). On the same day I cleaned the air cleaner element as well. However, the bike ran into reserve again after a mere 212 km, meaning a fuel average of 28.73 km/L!!!

What am I supposed to do!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So here I am, extremely dismayed at my GD's thirst for fuel. This last Sunday it ran into reserve and I immediately filled the tank with 7.38 L of fuel (until the tank was full). On the same day I cleaned the air cleaner element as well. However, the bike ran into reserve again after a mere 212 km, meaning a fuel average of 28.73 km/L!!!

Bro I would say that you should inspect the plug,tire alignment,tire fitting,is tire moving freely or not these could be the reason of low mileage don't go for any tuning and stuff you will be wasting your time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try filling Hi-octane only, get from shell or total. Pso is ok too but just 93octane level...

Check milage, if she does well, compare it with regular fuel on basis of price performance ratio.

Make sure ur carb is well tuned
    Tappets well adjusted
    Brakes aren't too tight
    Plug is Ok
    Air filter is not clogged
    There should be no leakage of fuel from tank/pipes/filter
    Try changing ur patrol pump
    Check for clutch, it should disengage fully
    Correct air pressure in tires
    Fuel cap should not have leakage

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try filling Hi-octane only, get from shell or total. Pso is ok too but just 93octane level...

Check milage, if she does well, compare it with regular fuel on basis of price performance ratio.

Make sure ur carb is well tuned
    Tappets well adjusted
    Brakes aren't too tight
    Plug is Ok
    Air filter is not clogged
    There should be no leakage of fuel from tank/pipes/filter
    Try changing ur patrol pump
    Check for clutch, it should disengage fully
    Correct air pressure in tires
    Fuel cap should not have leakage

I'll try to get hi-octane next time.

Can you please explain what is meant by carburetor tuning? As far as I know, carburetor need never be opened. So why would someone want to tune carburetor? What is it in there to tune?

Air filter clogging is out of suspects since I cleaned the air filter on the same day I had my bike refueled.

Fuel leakage and even theft is out of question as I never park my bike unattended - it is always parked within secure premises and I have never seen any leakage spots.

How do I check clutch is fully disengaging or not? Tyre pressure is okay in both tyres.

I've tried several fuel stations, and this recent shock that I experienced came after I got fuel from Shell adjacent to Qadiyani mosque near Dharampura - (until this experience) they had a good reputation for quantity and quality. One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post is, usually GD's tank requires 7L of fuel to fill the tank when it runs into reserve, which amounts to PKR 760 @ PKR 108.5/L; however, on that day I had to fill in fuel worth PKR 800 but still it wasn't touching the 100% full mark. This shocked me. Nevertheless, less than a quarter liter of fuel would have filled that gap. But the point is whether the tank was not quite full, there was still more than 7L of fuel available before my bike could run into reserve (I got 7.38L of fuel that day).

And yesterday I got fuel from PSO, Shimla Paharri (the one adjacent to Lahore Press Club), and, as usual, the tank was full again in PKR 760. Now I'll observe how much distance it covers this time to be certain that indeed there is something wrong with the mechanics of the bike.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TZB! Where do you live in Lahore?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'll try to get hi-octane next time.

Can you please explain what is meant by carburetor tuning? As far as I know, carburetor need never be opened. So why would someone want to tune carburetor? What is it in there to tune?

Air filter clogging is out of suspects since I cleaned the air filter on the same day I had my bike refueled.

Fuel leakage and even theft is out of question as I never park my bike unattended - it is always parked within secure premises and I have never seen any leakage spots.

How do I check clutch is fully disengaging or not? Tyre pressure is okay in both tyres.

I've tried several fuel stations, and this recent shock that I experienced came after I got fuel from Shell adjacent to Qadiyani mosque near Dharampura - (until this experience) they had a good reputation for quantity and quality. One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post is, usually GD's tank requires 7L of fuel to fill the tank when it runs into reserve, which amounts to PKR 760 @ PKR 108.5/L; however, on that day I had to fill in fuel worth PKR 800 but still it wasn't touching the 100% full mark. This shocked me. Nevertheless, less than a quarter liter of fuel would have filled that gap. But the point is whether the tank was not quite full, there was still more than 7L of fuel available before my bike could run into reserve (I got 7.38L of fuel that day).

And yesterday I got fuel from PSO, Shimla Paharri (the one adjacent to Lahore Press Club), and, as usual, the tank was full again in PKR 760. Now I'll observe how much distance it covers this time to be certain that indeed there is something wrong with the mechanics of the bike.

I drive on long route hence I have reasonable experience with pumps..

Shell(If company owned & large) quantity & quality is good
    Total - quantity & quality is good.
    ^ Both have 91 Octane level of regular fuel.

Attock used to gave me decent mileage too, but lesser than the above stated two pumps.

PSO gives worst mileage as its octane level is 87, engine would nock more, produce more carbon too, along with negligibly low power.

Hi-Octane of Shell and Total is also better than PSO's

And carburetors does need tuning, its a mechanical component whose job is to mix air and fuel in right combination. If its floats and jets get clogged or don't work properly, or adjustment is ut that can result in poor fuel mileage. Brand new bikes usually do not need adjustment for first 10,000Kms as they come pretty well tuned from factory!

But old bikes need frequent adjustment. its not something new or alien.

Suzuki carbs are sensitive & company mechanics aren't trained well, hence in suzuki bikes company usually dis-appreciates the idea of opening the carb and fitting it back...
    The comparatively sensitive & sophisticated suzuki carbs provide awesome gas mileage when bikes are new, but lately the mileage gets very poor.

So... U need to consider all possible causes of poor mileage.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TZB! Where do you live in Lahore?
    Near UET.
    I drive on long route hence I have reasonable experience with pumps..

Shell(If company owned & large) quantity & quality is good
    Total - quantity & quality is good.
    ^ Both have 91 Octane level of regular fuel.

Attock used to gave me decent mileage too, but lesser than the above stated two pumps.

PSO gives worst mileage as its octane level is 87, engine would nock more, produce more carbon too, along with negligibly low power.

Hi-Octane of Shell and Total is also better than PSO's

And carburetors does need tuning, its a mechanical component whose job is to mix air and fuel in right combination. If its floats and jets get clogged or don't work properly, or adjustment is ut that can result in poor fuel mileage. Brand new bikes usually do not need adjustment for first 10,000Kms as they come pretty well tuned from factory!

But old bikes need frequent adjustment. its not something new or alien.

Suzuki carbs are sensitive & company mechanics aren't trained well, hence in suzuki bikes company usually dis-appreciates the idea of opening the carb and fitting it back...
    The comparatively sensitive & sophisticated suzuki carbs provide awesome gas mileage when bikes are new, but lately the mileage gets very poor.

So... U need to consider all possible causes of poor mileage.
    I already told you about my experience with the "trusted" Shell. It's funny, but I dislike Total for the reason their fuel dispensers are so fast they pull out the fuel nozzle so quickly even if you are getting your tank full - this kind of itches me how come they poured in so much fuel in such little time compared to others

How strange, as I keep track of my ride's fuel consumption, my experience with PSO has been a good one compared to others.

No, I don't want anyone to touch my GD's carburetor, it's like open-heart surgery - it has clocked 8,000 km on the odo and it's not even 1-year old yet. Sobs...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TZB ! If you were to come to Batti Chowk, how long will it take you? And how far is it from your house?

If you can, use the Batti Chown SHELL fuel station. Its the biggest in that area, and its fuel quality is actually very very good.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TZB ! If you were to come to Batti Chowk, how long will it take you? And how far is it from your house?

If you can, use the Batti Chown SHELL fuel station. Its the biggest in that area, and its fuel quality is actually very very good.
    Batti chowk is close to my place (4 km maybe), yet out of way for me.

But thank you for your input. I suspect fuel source alone is not the culprit here.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After being dissatisfied with GD's seat for it shreds my back into pieces, I have decided to go for a custom-made seat which can properly support and comfort my back. I went to a seat maker and he temporarily fixed a hard-foam seat on my GD for testing purposes. Much to my relief, it helped and I did not feel any back ache during my almost 35-km travel that day.

So now the task is to get a seat designed for GD. I went to two denting masters yesterday who asked for PKR 2,200 and and PKR 1,200, respectively, to make the base of seat with 16-gauge metal sheet. Since both will be using 16-gauge sheet, obvious decision is to go with the cheaper bidder. But one point of concern is 2,200 was asked by Qamar Denter (a very famous denting expert in Lahore), while 1,200 was quoted by a local artist in my locality (UET).

Why did Qamar ask for a bigger amount compared to the other quote?

I need expert advice on how to get it done.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Use original base with custom foam like I did in my Gd...

You are a person, not a chemical so think before you react !!
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TZB! Qamar Denter ka sirf naam he mashoor hay. He is not a 'special' denter by any means. 5 Tries main meri bike to 100% seedhi kar nahi saka, bana phirta hay denter. Plus, he charges a bit too much considering the work. If the normal wages are 300, he'll ask Rs.500.

If you ask me, get it done by any of your local mechanic and i am sure you will be satisified.

OR, instead of going all the way to McLeod Road, go to "Baba Chatri Wala" area ... Qasoor Pura to be exact. Look for Khan Denter there.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Looking Dear

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqas18 View Post
    Use original base with custom foam like I did in my Gd...

You are a person, not a chemical so think before you react !!
    Yaar, I don't feel like altering the original seat.
    @TZB! Qamar Denter ka sirf naam he mashoor hay. He is not a 'special' denter by any means. 5 Tries main meri bike to 100% seedhi kar nahi saka, bana phirta hay denter. Plus, he charges a bit too much considering the work. If the normal wages are 300, he'll ask Rs.500.

If you ask me, get it done by any of your local mechanic and i am sure you will be satisified.

OR, instead of going all the way to McLeod Road, go to "Baba Chatri Wala" area ... Qasoor Pura to be exact. Look for Khan Denter there.
    Ahaan. Good to hear about a first-hand experience, though a bad one. So yeah, I'll be going to the local artisan.

By the way, the local guy is also a khan sahab and he sounded to be skillful in his work. Godspeed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

User Tag List