Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile My Suzuki GD 110.

Good day, everyone.

I have made the long-awaited purchase of Suzuki GD 110 today, Alhamdu Lillah. I bought it from Empress Tower Suzuki, Lahore. It is the 7th GD here on Pak Wheels

I call its colour love-red

Suzuki GD 110 has indeed ushered us into a new era of motor-biking in Pakistan.

Behold, a lot of performance reviews are coming your way. So stay tuned.

Below are a few Suzuki GD 110 vs. Honda CD 100 (Pridor) reviews based on my experience of both:
    General Riding Experience.
    Frame Vibrations Transferred to Side-view Mirros.

Gear Box - Transmission System.

Features worth mentioning:
    Auto-Decompression System
    Suspension System.

Pictures:
    Few more clicks.
    Some random clicks.
    Pictures after a Wash.

My Solution to Kick Issue.

Updates:
    Extremely Poor Fuel Consumption.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    First deserve, then desire.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mubarak ho janab
    Man's heart away from nature becomes hard.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    Yeah, Alhamdu Lillah I got my new bike again in Ramazan.

You may have already seen it's RED in colour :-) I call it love-red. My bike is here to spread love and peace for all.
    ye to eye to eye wale Tahir shah ki line hai
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqas18 View Post
    ye to eye to eye wale Tahir shah ki line hai
    Hahaha. Oh God! I didn't know that

But it's BIKE TO BIKE

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shafin619 View Post
    Congratulations you must be very excited.
    Indeed!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Allah Mubarak Kare... Nice Ride MashaAllah

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Behold, a lot of performance reviews are coming your way. So stay tuned. Here's a teaser:
    I will share GD's vibrations in frame in contrast to Honda CD 100 (Pridor).
    Dear all, the teaser has been expanded-on in my main post. Please read and see if you can relate to it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahaha. Oh God! I didn't know that

But it's BIKE TO BIKE

hahah ur bike my bike.. red bike.. bike to bike
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am amazed to read Suzuki GD 110's owner manual. It read "do the first engine oil replacement at 1,000 km". Meanwhile, it says "do not let the engine get over-heated". They also suggest not to rev the engine to more than one-third of throttle rotation limit. And also to drive the bike at variable speeds up-to a maximum speed of one-third of the top speed which is around 40 km/h.

I think, by "do not let the engine over-heat", Suzuki engineers mean we should not put the engine into prolonged operation until it is in break-in period. It means only short commutes per trip are allowed and engine should be allowed to cool down between trips. So maybe I should not take my bike to office which is at a distance of 17 km from my home. I have to complete break-in period in streets after coming home from office

So, guys a distance of 17 km travelled at an average speed of 40 km/h would take me roughly 40 minutes to cover it. Does this duration qualify to "over-heat the engine"? Please suggest.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its one hard machine don't treat it like new born baby
    17km will do nothing engine won't get hot

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am amazed to read Suzuki GD 110's owner manual. It read "do the first engine oil replacement at 1,000 km". Meanwhile, it says "do not let the engine get over-heated". They also suggest to not to rev the engine to more than one-third of throttle rotation limit. And also to drive the bike at variable speeds up-to a maximum speed of one-third of the top speed which is around 40 km/h.

I think by "do not let the engine over-heat", Suzuki engineers mean we should not put the engine into prolonged operation until it is in break-in period. It means only short commutes per trip are allowed and engine should be allowed to cool down between trips. So maybe I should not take my bike to office which is at a distance of 17 km from my home. I have to complete break-in period in streets after coming home from office

So, guys a distance of 17 km travelled at an average speed of 40 km/h would take me roughly 40 minutes to cover it. Does this duration qualify to "over-heat the engine"? Please suggest.
    It means don' let the engine running in idle mode.. Means ke bike ko start nahi chordo for a long time ager chala nahi rahy. Chalanay main koi harj nahi hai ku k chaltay chaltay yea air say cool hote rahte hai .. but ager ap start chord do stand par park ker k to engine heat up ho sakta hai .. i think you can understand now..abhi ap aik dam acceleration mat dena.. u can smoothly accelerate your bike till 40 Km/h and then let it come back to 30 then again accelerate. Don't drive it at constant speed ..

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    its one hard machine don't treat it like new born baby
    17km will do nothing engine won't get hot

I see. Thank you, brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by shedatali View Post
    Chalanay main koi harj nahi hai ku k chaltay chaltay yea air say cool hote rahte hai ..
    u can smoothly accelerate your bike till 40 Km/h and then let it come back to 30 then again accelerate. Don't drive it at constant speed ..
    Well said about air-cooling phenomenon.

Points noted, bro. Will take care of it while riding it. So all I have to do is wait for registration number and then I'm on my GD to office daily. Not risking riding non-registered bike as our "sher jawans" of police are as-eager-as-ever to make "eidi" collections

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am amazed to read Suzuki GD 110's owner manual. It read "do the first engine oil replacement at 1,000 km". Meanwhile, it says "do not let the engine get over-heated". They also suggest to not to rev the engine to more than one-third of throttle rotation limit. And also to drive the bike at variable speeds up-to a maximum speed of one-third of the top speed which is around 40 km/h.

I think by "do not let the engine over-heat", Suzuki engineers mean we should not put the engine into prolonged operation until it is in break-in period. It means only short commutes per trip are allowed and engine should be allowed to cool down between trips. So maybe I should not take my bike to office which is at a distance of 17 km from my home. I have to complete break-in period in streets after coming home from office

It means don' let the engine running in idle mode.. Means ke bike ko start nahi chordo for a long time ager chala nahi rahy. Chalanay main koi harj nahi hai ku k chaltay chaltay yea air say cool hote rahte hai .. but ager ap start chord do stand par park ker k to engine heat up ho sakta hai .. i think you can understand now..abhi ap aik dam acceleration mat dena.. u can smoothly accelerate your bike till 40 Km/h and then let it come back to 30 then again accelerate. Don't drive it at constant speed ..

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Frame Vibrations Transferred to Side-view Mirros.

Honda CD 100's mirror gave a crytal clear view of objects behind you with absolutely 0 vibration in the mirror. However, GD's mirror suffers from vibration and produces a shaky image in the mirror when the engine is powered on.

On the other hand, however, the angle of placement of Suzuki's side-view mirrors is phenomenal. I had to turn my head and slightly upper part of my body to look at traffic behind me when riding Honda CD 100. While I just have to turn my eyes to GD's rear-view mirror and there, you're done - you get complete picture of traffic following you. And yes, I tried adjusting Honda CD 100's mirror a lot to get an effort-less view of traffic but all in vain.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Gear Box - Transmission System.

I have experienced this myself and I think other riders of Honda CD 100 or Honda CG 125 would have experienced this thing: when you shift CD 100 or CG 125 in second gear and release clutch without first building pressure by giving extra throttle, the gear box produces a "karr karr" sound twice of thrice in a row and then it becomes smooth. The point here is Honda guys have not addressed this issue which is present in their gear boxes since many years.

On the contrary, Suzuki GD 110's transmission system is smooth and precise. I call it precise because gear engagement is perfect as there are no "karr karr" sounds in any gear whether you release the clutch with full throttle or a little. So again, good work, Suzuki engineers.

I hope Honda guys learn from it and fix it. If they cannot fix it themselves (which seems obvious since the problem is persisting since many years), they should seek tranmission system design from Honda, Japan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mubarak.... so how is the ride.... and do u see any defects in GD110?

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb General Riding Experience.

Yet again, Suzuki GD 110 is a winner. Its ride is smooth, and powerful.

Engine noise level:
    The engine makes little noise and the rider feels no vibrations. The bike is soundless during operation. To tell you guys a fact, the bike is quieter than any 70 cc bike. My cousin has a Honda CD 70 and while riding both bikes together, CD sounded louder than GD. Awesome, isn't it!

Suspension System:
    The dampers (shock absorbers) of Suzuki GD 110 are simply marvelous! Its swing-arm rear shock absorbers and telescopic front shock absorbers team up to give a comfortable riding experience. More importantly, the suspension works just as good when riding alone or with a pillion rider. I weigh somewhere around 60 kg (I'm lean ) and even with this "little" weight, GD's suspension system's performance remains unparallelled.

Talking about Honda CD 100, this machine also has one good set of shock absorbers. They do work good when riding single, but they work their best when riding with a passenger (pillion riding).

Handling:
    Suzuki GD 110 weighs 108 kg, roughly 10 kg more than Honda CD 100. However, GD feels feather-light in handling, thanks to its compact design.

I feel Suzuki could have used a low-rising handle bar for a better riding experience. I feel the handle bar is raised higher than it should have been which exhausts the rider. Or the other solution would have been to have a longer fuel tank so as the rider is seated in a more backward position that the current one.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Auto-Decompression System

GD's engine start-up is effortless.

When the bike's engine is switched off, it's exhaust valve is left slightly open. So when we kick-start the bike, the piston compresses and the resulting pressure is pushed out through the open exhaust valve and, hence, we have to apply little effort in starting it. In normal engines, the parking position of exhaust valve is fully closed, so engine pressure builds up while starting it and it is this pressure against which we have to push the kick-pedal hard. In case bike does not start, that very pressure built-up in the piston chamber pushes the kick back which may lead to injury to rider.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yet again, Suzuki GD 110 is a winner. Its ride is smooth, comfortable, and powerful.

Engine noise level:
    The engine makes little noise and the rider feels no vibrations. The bike is soundless during operation. To tell you guys a fact, the bike is quieter than any 70 cc bike. My cousin has a Honda CD 70 and while riding both bikes together, CD sounded louder than GD. Awesome, isn't it!

Suspension System:
    The dampers (shock absorbers) of Suzuki GD 110 are simply marvelous! Its swing-arm rear shock absorbers and telescopic front shock absorbers team up to give a comfortable riding experience. More importantly, the suspension works just as good when riding alone or with a pillion rider. I weigh somewhere around 60 kg (I'm lean ) and even with this "little" weight, GD's suspension system's performance remains unparallelled.

Talking about Honda CD 100, this machine also has one good set of shock absorbers. They do work good when riding single, but they work their best when riding with a passenger (pillion riding).

Handling:
    Suzuki GD 110 weighs 108 kg, roughly 10 kg more than Honda CD 100. However, the GD feels feather-light in handling, thanks to its compact design.

I feel Suzuki could have used a low-rising handle bar for a better riding experience. I feel the handle bar is raised higher than it should have been.
    Totally agreed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yet again, Suzuki GD 110 is a winner. Its ride is smooth, comfortable, and powerful.

Engine noise level:

Suspension System:

Handling:
    Suzuki GD 110 weighs 108 kg, roughly 10 kg more than Honda CD 100. However, the GD feels feather-light in handling, thanks to its compact design.

I feel Suzuki could have used a low-rising handle bar for a better riding experience. I feel the handle bar is raised higher than it should have been.
    i am 2stroke lover and have beast in pockets, never try to buy any local 4stk bike, coz it wont come up to my taste of rev....n i hope as per the local market scenario, will not go to buy in future, only coz of riding pleasure and quick response with huge acceleration, but when i saw GD, and specially its engine design, it looks good to me, enjoy your ride bro,
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RX115 View Post
    finally you PICKED IT, good decision btw, congrats
    in short time span 6GD,S beeen bought by pakwheelers, I THINK ITS VERY QUICK, none of else same bikes been bought here ago.......
    Yes on PW its a hype,,the roads speak better for themselves.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

User Tag List