Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 486
Like Tree391Likes

Thread: My Suzuki GD 110.

  1. #1
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile My Suzuki GD 110.

    Good day, everyone.

    I have made the long-awaited purchase of Suzuki GD 110 today, Alhamdu Lillah. I bought it from Empress Tower Suzuki, Lahore. It is the 7th GD here on Pak Wheels

    I call its colour love-red

    Suzuki GD 110 has indeed ushered us into a new era of motor-biking in Pakistan.

    Behold, a lot of performance reviews are coming your way. So stay tuned.

    Below are a few Suzuki GD 110 vs. Honda CD 100 (Pridor) reviews based on my experience of both:
    General Riding Experience.
    Frame Vibrations Transferred to Side-view Mirros.

    Gear Box - Transmission System.

    Features worth mentioning:
    Auto-Decompression System
    Suspension System.

    Pictures:
    Few more clicks.
    Some random clicks.
    Pictures after a Wash.

    My Solution to Kick Issue.

    Updates:
    Extremely Poor Fuel Consumption.

    Attached Images Attached Images                
    First deserve, then desire.

  2. #101
    PakWheeler Follow
    maqk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shafin619 View Post
    Looks like the bike is doing eyebrow lift

    Sent from my Desire HD using PW Forums mobile app
    very nice pics - truly love it
    Currently riding a Unique 100, also riding big b's suzuki gs 150 [too heavy ]
    Which 1 better Honda 125 or Suzuki GS 150 ? Next ride - Suzuki GD110

  3. #102
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqas18 View Post
    i did it with a rubber tube and elfy a week before...
    At first, I also did the same. But the kid at the shop recommended to use a rubber shield instead of tube which was looking ugle. Anyway, as long as it's serving the purpose, it's good
    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    TZB bro what is Odo Meter Reading Of Your GD110 Now
    Bro, it's around 150 km today. My daily travelling to and from office is ~35 km. So hopefully I'll be clocking 1,000 km in a month's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by maqk View Post
    very nice pics - truly love it
    Thank you, brother. I'll be uploading more soon, Insha Allah. And I see you are aiming for Suzuki GD 110. It's a good bike. Good luck!
    First deserve, then desire.

  4. #103
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Lightbulb Issues: Mud Flaps and Riding Position.

    All GD owners,

    I have faced below drawbacks in my GD.

    1. Mud guards without mud flaps are not doing their job properly. Yesterday it rained in Lahore and I had to drive through rain water while going back home from office. I tried to drive dead-slow on wet roads, yet my bike was filled with mud when I reached home. Especially the engine body, rear suspension springs and fork, muffler, and even side covers were polluted a bit.
    2. Riding position is not comfortable. Although its seat is the softest seat in all motorcycle seats (upto 125 cc), but it gives me back ache when riding for a longer period of time: more than 20 - 30 minutes. I believe it is due to a raised handle-bar position. The handle-bar should have been in a dropped-down position so as to give the rider a forward leaning position. Currently the rider position is almost perpendicular to the seat which causes discomfort to the rider, or the seat should have had a sufficient thickness to compensate for the raised handle-bar position.


    Please share if you have experienced the same or not. If yes, what measures have you taken to eradicate these problems? I'm not in the favor of installing a mud flap in front of the engine as one brother did with his GD because it is discouraged in GD's owner's manual.
    First deserve, then desire.

  5. #104
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    getscorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    1 .. i faced the same problem in deluxe too ... installing a mud flap on engine is not an option ... the only possible solution is to drill a hole in the mudguard and fix either a soft or hard mudflap to the end ....

    here is a soft mudflap attached ...

    My Suzuki GD 110. - ravi piaggio 125 2011 2203162


    here's the on fixed in my bike ... it's cg 125 hard mudflap and much better than soft one and long enough to block all mud ...


    My Suzuki GD 110. - 1178253d1367234449 my new ride sp125 plz say mashallah 1164243d1365401009 my new ride sp125 plz say mashallah patvy0k



    2.. that's not good ... suzuki should hv taken care of riding position too ... only soft seat is not a solution for comfort ... and i wonder about the life of this already too soft foam used in the seat, it should hv some stiffness too, as foam tends to get softer by the period of time, no matter how it used ...

    handle unusual height is not comfortable at all ... it will put extra stress on back and shoulder joints in long rides... only solution would be to change the handle ... u can go for either cg or piaggio handle as they have low height ... piggio's handle is little wider than cg ones .. height is almost same ...
    Rise from the ashes,.....

  6. #105
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Riding position is not comfortable. Although its seat is the softest seat in all motorcycle seats (upto 125 cc), but it gives me back ache when riding for a longer period of time: more than 20 - 30 minutes. I believe it is due to a raised handle-bar position. The handle-bar should have been in a dropped-down position so as to give the rider a forward leaning position. Currently the rider position is almost perpendicular to the seat which causes discomfort to the rider, or the seat should have had a sufficient thickness to compensate for the raised handle-bar position.
    Oh I Guess Than That Is Biggest & Worst Draw Back Of GD110
    Drive Position Is Crucial No Doubt The Seat Is One Of Softest & Very Good
    But Un Comfortable Driving Position Can Remove Word Comfortable From GD110
    I Think The Flat Seat Is Also Making Drive Uncomfortable
    Seat Should Have Been In Sporty Style As It Is in Pridor

    Why Don't You Try Lowering Handle As This Way It Might Provide Better Driving Experience
    Or Else You Have Options Of Replacing This Handle With Deluxe Pridor Handle Or CG,CD



  7. #106
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    1 .. i faced the same problem in deluxe too ... installing a mud flap on engine is not an option ... the only possible solution is to drill a hole in the mudguard and fix either a soft or hard mudflap to the end ....

    here is a soft mudflap attached ...

    My Suzuki GD 110. - ravi piaggio 125 2011 2203162


    here's the on fixed in my bike ... it's cg 125 hard mudflap and much better than soft one and long enough to block all mud ...


    My Suzuki GD 110. - 1178253d1367234449 my new ride sp125 plz say mashallah 1164243d1365401009 my new ride sp125 plz say mashallah patvy0k
    These are no doubt the available solutions to the mentioned problems. But I am a little reluctant in modifying the orignial parts. Maybe I'll end up doing it, but not ready for it now. I was thinking of pasting a soft mud flap on the inside of front mud guard using elfy or any suitable adhesive to avoid drilling in the fiber glass mud guard. But I'm not quite sure if the fiber would grip the rubber or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    2.. that's not good ... suzuki should hv taken care of riding position too ... only soft seat is not a solution for comfort ... and i wonder about the life of this already too soft foam used in the seat, it should hv some stiffness too, as foam tends to get softer by the period of time, no matter how it used ...

    handle unusual height is not comfortable at all ... it will put extra stress on back and shoulder joints in long rides... only solution would be to change the handle ... u can go for either cg or piaggio handle as they have low height ... piggio's handle is little wider than cg ones .. height is almost same ...
    A soft seat alone cannot provide comfort - proven. In my first attempt at addressing the issues, I'll try to go with the stock setup and make some adjustments to suit my requirements. If it fails then only I'll consider installing handle bar from either Pridor or Raider. And I think Raider would offer a better fit than Pridor.
    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Oh I Guess Than That Is Biggest & Worst Draw Back Of GD110
    Drive Position Is Crucial No Doubt The Seat Is One Of Softest & Very Good
    But Un Comfortable Driving Position Can Remove Word Comfortable From GD110
    I Think The Flat Seat Is Also Making Drive Uncomfortable
    Seat Should Have Been In Sporty Style As It Is in Pridor

    Why Don't You Try Lowering Handle As This Way It Might Provide Better Driving Experience
    Or Else You Have Options Of Replacing This Handle With Deluxe Pridor Handle Or CG,CD
    Yes bro, you're right. No doubt GD's seat is the softest seat in its class. But riding position seems to have been totally ignored. Or maybe it is only me who is experiencing this. I think we should wait for more GD owners to repond to this issue to conclude it as an actual issue or only me facing this problem.

    I'm thinking to have the handle bar lowered a bit. By the way I have noticed that if I try to sit in an as rear-ward position as possible, stress on back reduces. But this is possible only when riding alone. However, I do not consider it a solution. The stock riding position of GD should be and should have been comfortable.
    First deserve, then desire.

  8. #107
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    oh i completely forgot Raider here yeah Raider handle is better option
    yeah we can't conclude this very quickly as an issue lets wait for other GD users
    but even in pics handle seems tall & raised the few second which i passed with GD110
    in the suzuki showroom in hyderabad its handle looked bigger to me also
    i did not sit on bike as it was dirty but while standing holding it
    position looked fine to me it is not wide so feels sporty & good but yeah did look taller or raise to me also

    what is your height bro?


  9. #108
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    770
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear TZB, what was your previous ride?

    In my case, I rode about 6 years the CHonda 78cc. When I switched to sprinter standard then I also felt the same for a few days. I felt slight backache. After few days, this issue resolved automatically and much satisfied now with the sitting position.

    On a 70cc bike, rider is more lean towards handle bar and your back is no more straight so you are I think used to this position and as soon you switch to Sprinter which has very straight sitting position, your back is very straight you feel the slight backache since you are not use to this position.

    In my thinking, if your back is straight then it is better then a lean back.


    Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    All GD owners,



    1. Riding position is not comfortable. Although its seat is the softest seat in all motorcycle seats (upto 125 cc), but it gives me back ache when riding for a longer period of time: more than 20 - 30 minutes. I believe it is due to a raised handle-bar position. The handle-bar should have been in a dropped-down position so as to give the rider a forward leaning position. Currently the rider position is almost perpendicular to the seat which causes discomfort to the rider, or the seat should have had a sufficient thickness to compensate for the raised handle-bar position.


  10. #109
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    getscorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    These are no doubt the available solutions to the mentioned problems. But I am a little reluctant in modifying the orignial parts. Maybe I'll end up doing it, but not ready for it now. I was thinking of pasting a soft mud flap on the inside of front mud guard using elfy or any suitable adhesive to avoid drilling in the fiber glass mud guard. But I'm not quite sure if the fiber would grip the rubber or not.

    A soft seat alone cannot provide comfort - proven. In my first attempt at addressing the issues, I'll try to go with the stock setup and make some adjustments to suit my requirements. If it fails then only I'll consider installing handle bar from either Pridor or Raider. And I think Raider would offer a better fit than Pridor.

    Yes bro, you're right. No doubt GD's seat is the softest seat in its class. But riding position seems to have been totally ignored. Or maybe it is only me who is experiencing this. I think we should wait for more GD owners to repond to this issue to conclude it as an actual issue or only me facing this problem.

    I'm thinking of have the handle bar lowered a bit. By the way I have noticed that if I try to sit in an as rear-ward position as possible, stress on back reduces. But this is possible only when riding alone. However, I do not consider it a solution. The stock riding position of GD should be and should have been comfortable.
    yes i can understand ... drilling isn't an easy option and we don't know if spare mudguards of GD are available at all .. but i don't think elfy would last long on fiber because of water and mud .. u can try samad bond, its a good water repellent ..

    i think riding position is awkward because 1st because of handel and 2nd its fuel tank which is noticeably smaller in length and the distance between handle and seat is considerably small .. that's exactly why u noticed comfort while riding back ward ...

    now lowering the handle will only make this distance more shorter and less comfortable with pillion riding... also lowering a handle which is high enough will make handling on turns awkward ..... ur best bet would be to change the handle ..
    Rise from the ashes,.....

  11. #110
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    oh i completely forgot Raider here yeah Raider handle is better option
    yeah we can't conclude this very quickly as an issue lets wait for other GD users
    but even in pics handle seems tall & raised the few second which i passed with GD110
    in the suzuki showroom in hyderabad its handle looked bigger to me also
    i did not sit on bike as it was dirty but while standing holding it
    position looked fine to me it is not wide so feels sporty & good but yeah did look taller or raise to me also

    what is your height bro?
    Yeah, waiting for more Suzuki riders to share their experience in this regard. Brother, I am 5'10/11" in height. This may also be a factor in back-ache.
    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    Dear TZB, what was your previous ride?

    In my case, I rode about 6 years the CHonda 78cc. When I switched to sprinter standard then I also felt the same for a few days. I felt slight backache. After few days, this issue resolved automatically and much satisfied now with the sitting position.

    On a 70cc bike, rider is more lean towards handle bar and your back is no more straight so you are I think used to this position and as soon you switch to Sprinter which has very straight sitting position, your back is very straight you feel the slight backache since you are not use to this position.

    In my thinking, if your back is straight then it is better then a lean back.
    abdulrehmanrauf bro, I was using Honda CD 100 before switching to Suzuki GD 110. Honda 100 was comfortable with a soft seat and adequate riding position. Its riding position is also somewhat straigt-ish, but I never faced any back-ache while riding it and it never made me tired even if I rode it for whole day. Perhaps it was due to its higher sitting position compared to any other bike in Pakistan. Its height suited my own height and I always felt comfortable on it.

    Now this Suzuki GD 110 puts the rider at a lower sitting position than did Honda CD 100. This might also be contributing towards my back-ache. Like you said, I hope I'll become used to with this position and start feeling comfortable soon. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    yes i can understand ... drilling isn't an easy option and we don't know if spare mudguards of GD are available at all .. but i don't think elfy would last long on fiber because of water and mud .. u can try samad bond, its a good water repellent ..
    Yes, I was told water and mud would uproot it. I'll try going with "samad bond". But again, it makes me sad to alter the stock configuration of bike. So I may sacrifice dirt for keeping the bike in stock condition.

    Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    i think riding position is awkward because 1st because of handel and 2nd its fuel tank which is noticeably smaller in length and the distance between handle and seat is considerably small .. that's exactly why u noticed comfort while riding back ward ...

    now lowering the handle will only make this distance more shorter and less comfortable with pillion riding... also lowering a handle which is high enough will make handling on turns awkward ..... ur best bet would be to change the handle
    Wonderful analysis, bro! Thank you. This is the exact reason why I am facing issues - the distance between handle-bar and rider is shorter due to a shorter lenght fuel tank. My earlier ride, Honda CD 100, has a larger fuel tank maybe not in terms of fuel capacity but in terms of its size. Which is why the distance between handle bar and rider is adequate for comfortable riding.

    Lowering the handle bar would definitely pose problems: it may either touch fuel tank or rider's leg during turns. After spending slightly more than 100k on a motorbike, I am a little reluctant on getting a new handle-bar. So, as brother abdulrehmanrauf suggested, it might take a little time for me to adjust on this machine. By nature, I am a little inclined towards not altering stock condition of a machine and to have best performance out of it without any alterations. Let's hope for the best.
    First deserve, then desire.

  12. #111
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Shafin619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Same is the problem with gs its raised handle bar kills shoulder in long route.

    Sent from my Desire HD using PW Forums mobile app
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

  13. #112
    PakWheeler Follow
    shedatali's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    292
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    All GD owners,

    I have faced below drawbacks in my GD.

    1. Mud guards without mud flaps are not doing their job properly. Yesterday it rained in Lahore and I had to drive through rain water while going back home from office. I tried to drive dead-slow on wet roads, yet my bike was filled with mud when I reached home. Especially the engine body, rear suspension springs and fork, muffler, and even side covers were polluted a bit.
    2. Riding position is not comfortable. Although its seat is the softest seat in all motorcycle seats (upto 125 cc), but it gives me back ache when riding for a longer period of time: more than 20 - 30 minutes. I believe it is due to a raised handle-bar position. The handle-bar should have been in a dropped-down position so as to give the rider a forward leaning position. Currently the rider position is almost perpendicular to the seat which causes discomfort to the rider, or the seat should have had a sufficient thickness to compensate for the raised handle-bar position.


    Please share if you have experienced the same or not. If yes, what measures have you taken to eradicate these problems? I'm not in the favor of installing a mud flap in front of the engine as one brother did with his GD because it is discouraged in GD's owner's manual.
    I don't face any issue in sitting position. For me its much comfortable. (seat Plus Shocks).

    Mud flapper is must or else u have to service it daily .

  14. #113
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    getscorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post

    I am a little reluctant on getting a new handle-bar. So, as brother abdulrehmanrauf suggested, it might take a little time for me to adjust on this machine. By nature, I am a little inclined towards not altering stock condition of a machine and to have best performance out of it without any alterations. Let's hope for the best.
    i hope so .... but just don't neglect the lower back pain if it remain for after a week or so ... chronic pain causes serious issues so just be careful ... gotta give it to deluxe and pridor, they hv the best riding positions ... u can ride all day along without any fatigue ...
    Rise from the ashes,.....

  15. #114
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Very Very Sad To Know All This About Suzuki Bikes
    Dear TZB Previously You Had CD100 If You Had Pridor
    You May Be Feeling Even More Trouble As Pridor Seat Is Little Different
    So The Tank As For As I Know. Simply Its Pleasant Driving Pridor
    Despite Although It Does Not Have Best OHC Engine
    OHC Engine Is Great But There Are Minor Flaw Which Is Due To AHl Experts



  16. #115
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shedatali View Post
    I don't face any issue in sitting position. For me its much comfortable. (seat Plus Shocks).

    Mud flapper is must or else u have to service it daily .
    Good to know that, Masha Allah. What's your height, bro?

    Yeah, servicing frequently is a requirement to keep it in mint condition. By the way, there is a suggestion for everyone: to keep your vehicle's paint all shiny and scratchless, use (1) only micro-fiber cloth, and (2) special automobile grade shampoos for washing the painted areas. DO NOT use regular cloth dusters and surf for washing/dusting. If you do not want to use specialized shampoo and micro-fiber cloth, use regular shampoo at home and towel at the minimum.

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Very Very Sad To Know All This About Suzuki Bikes
    Dear TZB Previously You Had CD100 If You Had Pridor
    You May Be Feeling Even More Trouble As Pridor Seat Is Little Different
    So The Tank As For As I Know. Simply Its Pleasant Driving Pridor
    Despite Although It Does Not Have Best OHC Engine
    OHC Engine Is Great But There Are Minor Flaw Which Is Due To AHl Experts
    You are right. I have not faced any mechanical issue so far, Alhamdu Lillah. Engine is revving smoothly and sounds good. I am currently riding it at a maximum top-speed of 40 km/h - strictly following instructions in owner's manual for driving in break-in period.
    First deserve, then desire.

  17. #116
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    and regarding height you are pretty decent good height person
    i thought you are small height may be thats why you are facing trouble with raised
    handle i am 6ft tall mera toh backbone hi shaayad toot jaaye GD110 pe
    ......just joking

    bro as par specification these both bikes have same height Pridor & GD110
    i don't know how they measure the height of bike
    but as you are saying its pretty low in driving & sitting
    so may be in measurement its only due to its big handle its matching height of pridor

    baaqi overall its pretty low in height thus providing low seat option







  18. #117
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,276
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shafin619 View Post
    Same is the problem with gs its raised handle bar kills shoulder in long route.
    I don't feel the same. GS is the most comfortable bike i have ridden till today for long routes. Sitting position, shoulder comfort, riding height everything. Just its seat is not flat at front which can be a little uncomfortable for hips.
    Deluxe seat is better than GS for hips comfort, but i found Deluxe more tiring to shoulders than GS for a long tour.

  19. #118
    PakWheeler Follow
    shedatali's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    292
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    I don't feel the same. GS is the most comfortable bike i have ridden till today for long routes. Sitting position, shoulder comfort, riding height everything. Just its seat is not flat at front which can be a little uncomfortable for hips.
    Deluxe seat is better than GS for hips comfort, but i found Deluxe more tiring to shoulders than GS for a long tour.
    i agree with gull.

  20. #119
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waqas18's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,501
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    All GD owners,

    I have faced below drawbacks in my GD.

    1. Mud guards without mud flaps are not doing their job properly. Yesterday it rained in Lahore and I had to drive through rain water while going back home from office. I tried to drive dead-slow on wet roads, yet my bike was filled with mud when I reached home. Especially the engine body, rear suspension springs and fork, muffler, and even side covers were polluted a bit.
    2. Riding position is not comfortable. Although its seat is the softest seat in all motorcycle seats (upto 125 cc), but it gives me back ache when riding for a longer period of time: more than 20 - 30 minutes. I believe it is due to a raised handle-bar position. The handle-bar should have been in a dropped-down position so as to give the rider a forward leaning position. Currently the rider position is almost perpendicular to the seat which causes discomfort to the rider, or the seat should have had a sufficient thickness to compensate for the raised handle-bar position.


    Please share if you have experienced the same or not. If yes, what measures have you taken to eradicate these problems? I'm not in the favor of installing a mud flap in front of the engine as one brother did with his GD because it is discouraged in GD's owner's manual.
    yes these are the problems I am facing too...
    Mud flap ka issue waqai hai..kitni bhi slow ker lain pani ana hi ana hai...

    or seat chote routes ke liye boht achi hai but long routes ke liye theek nahi .. mere sath bhi back ache ki problem hone lagi thi kyun ke mera daily approx 40-45 km ka distance hota hai..
    so aaj me ne seat change kerwa di hai.. now I feel more comfort...
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

  21. #120
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waqas18's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,501
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    These are no doubt the available solutions to the mentioned problems. But I am a little reluctant in modifying the orignial parts. Maybe I'll end up doing it, but not ready for it now. I was thinking of pasting a soft mud flap on the inside of front mud guard using elfy or any suitable adhesive to avoid drilling in the fiber glass mud guard. But I'm not quite sure if the fiber would grip the rubber or not.

    A soft seat alone cannot provide comfort - proven. In my first attempt at addressing the issues, I'll try to go with the stock setup and make some adjustments to suit my requirements. If it fails then only I'll consider installing handle bar from either Pridor or Raider. And I think Raider would offer a better fit than Pridor.

    Yes bro, you're right. No doubt GD's seat is the softest seat in its class. But riding position seems to have been totally ignored. Or maybe it is only me who is experiencing this. I think we should wait for more GD owners to repond to this issue to conclude it as an actual issue or only me facing this problem.

    I'm thinking to have the handle bar lowered a bit. By the way I have noticed that if I try to sit in an as rear-ward position as possible, stress on back reduces. But this is possible only when riding alone. However, I do not consider it a solution. The stock riding position of GD should be and should have been comfortable.
    Hmm me ne bhi ye note kia hai...
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •