Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile My Suzuki GD 110.

Good day, everyone.

I have made the long-awaited purchase of Suzuki GD 110 today, Alhamdu Lillah. I bought it from Empress Tower Suzuki, Lahore. It is the 7th GD here on Pak Wheels

I call its colour love-red

Suzuki GD 110 has indeed ushered us into a new era of motor-biking in Pakistan.

Behold, a lot of performance reviews are coming your way. So stay tuned.

Below are a few Suzuki GD 110 vs. Honda CD 100 (Pridor) reviews based on my experience of both:
    General Riding Experience.
    Frame Vibrations Transferred to Side-view Mirros.

Gear Box - Transmission System.

Features worth mentioning:
    Auto-Decompression System
    Suspension System.

Pictures:
    Few more clicks.
    Some random clicks.
    Pictures after a Wash.

My Solution to Kick Issue.

Updates:
    Extremely Poor Fuel Consumption.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    First deserve, then desire.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqas18 View Post
    yes these are the problems I am facing too...
    Mud flap ka issue waqai hai..kitni bhi slow ker lain pani ana hi ana hai...

or seat chote routes ke liye boht achi hai but long routes ke liye theek nahi .. mere sath bhi back ache ki problem hone lagi thi kyun ke mera daily approx 40-45 km ka distance hota hai..
    so aaj me ne seat change kerwa di hai.. now I feel more comfort...
    did you change the seat cover or you changed the whole seat

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    All GD owners,

I have faced below drawbacks in my GD.

1. Mud guards without mud flaps are not doing their job properly. Yesterday it rained in Lahore and I had to drive through rain water while going back home from office. I tried to drive dead-slow on wet roads, yet my bike was filled with mud when I reached home. Especially the engine body, rear suspension springs and fork, muffler, and even side covers were polluted a bit.
    2. Riding position is not comfortable. Although its seat is the softest seat in all motorcycle seats (upto 125 cc), but it gives me back ache when riding for a longer period of time: more than 20 - 30 minutes. I believe it is due to a raised handle-bar position. The handle-bar should have been in a dropped-down position so as to give the rider a forward leaning position. Currently the rider position is almost perpendicular to the seat which causes discomfort to the rider, or the seat should have had a sufficient thickness to compensate for the raised handle-bar position.

Please share if you have experienced the same or not. If yes, what measures have you taken to eradicate these problems? I'm not in the favor of installing a mud flap in front of the engine as one brother did with his GD because it is discouraged in GD's owner's manual.
    I am a sprinter owner and can relate to the unusual driving position of these bikes (Raider, Sprinter, GD). The trick is to not to put any pressure on your arms when gripping the handle. I've also experienced that if you keep changing seating positions(place hips a little more to the back or sit upright at 90 degree, closer to the fuel tank), it helps the back stay flexible and pain-free. A lower handle will cause more stress on your shoulders because you'll be in a hunched position which will naturally push your weight forwards. Try the varying seating position trick, it might solve your worries.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello GD Guys or flat seat suzuki owners i think this is the best position to sit your bike
    as this guy is sitting & keeping his back straight waise pridor par aise takleef nahein karne parhte
    jaise chaho betho jaao you are comfortable no back or shoulder pain

My Suzuki GD 110  -1233974

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    did you change the seat cover or you changed the whole seat
    Whole Seat with little bit change...
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello GD Guys or flat seat suzuki owners i think this is the best position to sit your bike
    as this guy is sitting & keeping his back straight waise pridor par aise takleef nahein karne parhte

To sir ke bal beth ke dikhayen
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To sir ke bal beth ke dikhayen
    possible to hai pridor par that is not the way of riding bike

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

possible to hai pridor par that is not the way of riding bike
    Chalane wale aise bhi chala lete hain

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    I am a sprinter owner and can relate to the unusual driving position of these bikes (Raider, Sprinter, GD). The trick is to not to put any pressure on your arms when gripping the handle. I've also experienced that if you keep changing seating positions(place hips a little more to the back or sit upright at 90 degree, closer to the fuel tank), it helps the back stay flexible and pain-free. A lower handle will cause more stress on your shoulders because you'll be in a hunched position which will naturally push your weight forwards. Try the varying seating position trick, it might solve your worries.
    Agreed, brother. I have noticed that one feels comfortable if you keep changing your sitting position. But again, this is not a solution - it is just a way around. The original problem of inadequate sitting position remains there. Suzuki guys need to work this on emergency basis. Allah forbid, this may lead to serious orthopedic issues in a rider's back.

You are right about this sitting position. But brother, one cannot sit in this posture for a longer period of time. One tends to get relaxed and easy as the ride progresses and even this position starts feeling uncomfortable. This can happen only in dreams, but Suzuki should give a recall of all GDs and update its sitting-position design for the well-being of its riders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the above picture is of ax4 which is available in south america .. it hv few changes and also the seat is noticeably different and rigid, not flat like gd110 ...

My Suzuki GD 110. - CIMG0434

there is a reason why gd110 looks small, even slimmer than 70,hv short distance between raider and handle, low height, ultra soft seat and sensitive suspension ...we know gd110 is specifically designed for philippines market ....

now the fact is filipinos are light weight and small with average weight of 54kg and average height of 5 ft 4in , which is lighter and shorter than the average height/weight of people from many other countries in asia .... so obviously suzuki engineers focused exactly on those ratios while designing this bike ... so my wild guess is anyone above those ratios would face problems like seating position, low mileage etc ... and that would not be the fault of suzuki engineers .. pak suzuki should hv aware of this ...

P.S

on a lighter note i think that's also the reason why it's kick is touching to footrest in the end .. cause engineers never thought a person with 5.4 height could do it ...
    Rise from the ashes,.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

100% agree with you Scorpion GD110HU was designed for Philppines people
    and those people are smaller in height & very light weight

yeah the bike in picture i posted is Suzuki AX4
    and its seat is different from GD110

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    the above picture is of ax4 which is available in south america .. it hv few changes and also the seat is noticeably different and rigid, not flat like gd110 ...

there is a reason why gd110 looks small, even slimmer than 70,hv short distance between raider and handle, low height, ultra soft seat and sensitive suspension ...we know gd110 is specifically designed for philippines market ....

now the fact is filipinos are light weight and small with average weight of 54kg and average height of 5 ft 4in , which is lighter and shorter than the average height/weight of people from many other countries in asia .... so obviously suzuki engineers focused exactly on those ratios while designing this bike ... so my wild guess is anyone above those ratios would face problems like seating position, low mileage etc ... and that would not be the fault of suzuki engineers .. pak suzuki should hv aware of this ...

P.S

on a lighter note i think that's also the reason why it's kick is touching to footrest in the end .. cause engineers never thought a person with 5.4 height could do it ...
    Agreed. This bike is famous in Phillippines and Suzuki introduced it in Pakistan without considering demographic, as well as, geographic factors of Pakistan. I am concerned how the suspension would perform during pillion riding when it is so responsive (soft) riding single.

By the way, I do not notice any other difference between HU110 and AX4 than seat and the no-chain-cover feature in AX4.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

TZB bro but one good thing about GD110 suspension is they are adjustable
    so if you feel its too soft you can make them harden with adjustment mechanism in bike shock
    unlike my pridor i had to do some jugar in order to make them harden a bit
    pridor rear shock as stock are too soft can't bear heavy load

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

TZB bro but one good thing about GD110 suspension is they are adjustable
    so if you feel its too soft you can make them harden with adjustment mechanism in bike shock
    unlike my pridor i had to do some jugar in order to make them harden a bit
    pridor rear shock as stock are too soft can't bear heavy load
    It's strange you had to do a "jugaarr" to stiffen your shock absorbers. I haven't observed a Pridor closely, but CD 100's rear shock absorbers were adjustable just as GD 110's are. However, I never had a need of adjusting it even if I had 3 people riding on it I kept them in their stock configuration for the two-and-a-half years I used it.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Rising Concern for Discomfort in Back.

All GD owners,

I have faced below drawbacks in my GD.
    1. Riding position is not comfortable. Although its seat is the softest seat in all motorcycle seats (upto 125 cc), but it gives me back ache when riding for a longer period of time: more than 20 - 30 minutes. I believe it is due to a raised handle-bar position. The handle-bar should have been in a dropped-down position so as to give the rider a forward leaning position. Currently the rider position is almost perpendicular to the seat which causes discomfort to the rider, or the seat should have had a sufficient thickness to compensate for the raised handle-bar position.

Please share if you have experienced the same or not. If yes, what measures have you taken to eradicate these problems?
    I am getting overly concerned about riding position of GD. It is a total discomfort to me. Although brother shedatali has reported absolutely no issues with it. But I am constantly having pain in my back every time I ride my GD. I never faced this issue with my Honda CD 100. The GD's seat should have had a dip (downward curve) in order to offer a comfortable riding position to the rider; however, the seat itself is as soft as cotton, but that does not alone give a comfortable ride.

It is not an ignorable problem - it can lead up to serious issues in the back. I am even considering selling it out as it doesn't suit my back. But I'm in love with its engine. No doubt it is the best engine in its class.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's strange you had to do a "jugaarr" to stiffen your shock absorbers. I haven't observed a Pridor closely, but CD 100's rear shock absorbers were adjustable just as GD 110's are. However, I never had a need of adjusting it even if I had 3 people riding on it I kept them in their stock configuration for the two-and-a-half years I used it.
    unfortunately yes they are not adjustable & CD100 which has shocks same as Pridor black spring shock
    as for as i know they are not adjustable may be the previous model CD100 which had different looking shock
    were adjustable & had adjustment mechanism

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am getting overly concerned about riding position of GD. It is a total discomfort to me. Although brother shedatali has reported absolutely no issues with it. But I am constantly having pain in my back every time I ride my GD. I never faced this issue with my Honda CD 100. The GD's seat should have had a dip (downward curve) in order to offer a comfortable riding position to the rider; however, the seat itself is as soft as cotton, but that does not alone give a comfortable ride.

It is not an ignorable problem - it can lead up to serious issues in the back. I am even considering selling it out as it doesn't suit my back. But I'm in love with its engine. No doubt it is the best engine in its class.
    Isi liye me ne seat change ki hai.. or us ke bad se mjhe aisi koi problem nahi..

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb First Fuel Average.

All, after my bike ran into reserve after first fuelling I come back with fuel consumption performance of my GD. My bike has done roughly 45 km/L.

Currently the idle speed of engine is above than what it should normally be, but I am not altering the setting before first tuning. So I am hopeful of groping a better fuel average in the coming days.

Next refuelling is due in almost 5 days (considering the distance between home and office as I seldom go on long journeys on off days). Let's see what results come up this time. I'll come back and share.

PS: I have clicked a few more pictures of my GD, but I am not getting time to upload those. Hopefully I'll upload them on the weekend, Insha Allah.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Isi liye me ne seat change ki hai.. or us ke bad se mjhe aisi koi problem nahi..
    In first-world countries, companies issue mass recalls when they come to know of an issue in their products, either by themselves or customer complaints. I think if we bring the fender and rider discomfort issues in Suzuki's notice, perhaps they would offer us an official solution which would be a better solution.

Maybe they would offer us a seat as in below post and come out with a better fender design. Only MAYBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i don't know about fender but for seat.. expecting any good solution from paksuzuki is impossible ...they hv been selling rocks under seat covers for gs150 and sprinter since long time ...
    Rise from the ashes,.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i don't know about fender but for seat.. expecting any good solution from paksuzuki is impossible ...they hv been selling rocks under seat covers for gs150 and sprinter since long time ...
    I agreed with you as i had sprinter 2005 with rock hard seat... uff.. but i don't know why this seat is good for me.. as i have no problem yet as i ride it 80 km in one go.. i feel comfortable with this bike GD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

User Tag List