Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By RX115

Thread: Suzuki 110 Sprinter_Ring piston worn out within 49000 KM.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki 110 Sprinter_Ring piston worn out within 49000 KM.

Dears:

I have Suzuki 110 sprinter bike model 2009. As it has just run 49000km up to now, its ring piston have worn out and are needed to be replaced because smoke with mobile oil comes out from its silencer. I did extra care of bike and never time it happened that I did not change its engine oil within 1100KM then why its ring piston has worn out within 49000KM. If we compare it with Honda, its ring piston runs up to 70000KM. I always use Shell motor bike oil and change the filter after 4000KM also according to the manufacturer?s recommendation. Please share your experience with me as next year I shall change the bike insha-Allah and I had plan to buy again Suzuki but I think I am needed to change my mindset now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It seems you are the one unlucky guy. May be you are suffering due to the prevailing cheats in our beloved country, fake oils, bad quality fuel...etc. Putting engine oil in exceeded quantity is also a cause of early ring ware out.

Sprinter is such a durable and reliable bike that I changed the clutch plates at 55000 km running, ring piston tou dor ki baat hai.

Could you consult any other mechanic and have some different opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by signode View Post
    Dears:

I have Suzuki 110 sprinter bike model 2009. As it has just run 49000km up to now, its ring piston have worn out and are needed to be replaced because smoke with mobile oil comes out from its silencer. I did extra care of bike and never time it happened that I did not change its engine oil within 1100KM then why its ring piston has worn out within 49000KM. If we compare it with Honda, its ring piston runs up to 70000KM. I always use Shell motor bike oil and change the filter after 4000KM also according to the manufacturer?s recommendation. Please share your experience with me as next year I shall change the bike insha-Allah and I had plan to buy again Suzuki but I think I am needed to change my mindset now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with @abdulrehmanrauf about you being unlucky.

There can be many reasons for this, quality of lubricant oil seems to be the most important one. The other thing is the air quality in Lahore. When I was in Lahore I used old Havoline Formula 3, (no longer available) an excellent quality lubricant and changed it after 800 km, but I cleaned the air-filter after 300-350 km. But Sprinter has a better air-filter so changing around 1,000 km should be OK if the oil is authentic and you clean the air filter at least once around 500 km. I haven't used Sprinter since early 2008 so I don't remember if the air filter requires 2-stroke oil, if it does then you have to be careful to use just the right amount and that it is distributed evenly.

Company recommendations have to be in accordance with international recommendations, you may have to change it for your conditions, for Lahore I would say change the oil-filter every 2,000 km or every other oil-change. I live in Abbottabad, air is much cleaner but I change the oil-filter every 2,000 or 3,000 km(on my GS150), depending on the colour of the removed lubricant.

If you use Shell I would recommend that you buy it from company owned fuel stations, the main Shell station at Liberty Market used to be company owned.

I use Zic 4T (or is it T4?) bought from Zic Distributer in Abbottabad and use it for at least 1,000km. While I was on a visit, I bought it from a shop in Lahore and used it and had to replace if after 500 km when I came back to Abbottabad and found that the bike had problem on climbs, had no power and I had to use first or second gear on climbs that otherwise mostly used third gear and second if I had to slow down because of traffic. On flat roads it is not that clear so you have to make sure that you are buying authentic lubricant.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had a Suzuki Sprinter Model 2006. Sold it after it had done 95000 kms. Was still giving 60 + kmpl and only the clutch plates were replaced.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dongiovanni View Post
    I had a Suzuki Sprinter Model 2006. Sold it after it had done 95000 kms. Was still giving 60 + kmpl and only the clutch plates were replaced.
    sprinter is very good bike indeed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there might be alot of reasons for this but now that they need replacement, get them done from a reputed suzuki showroom to avoid issues in the coming years
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

riding style is linked to that problem, bike ya brand ka koi kasoor nhi, early oil change bhi ring worn out honay se nhi bacha skta, cold start pe high rev and red line pe constant fixing of throttle wjha ban skti ha early wear tear in rings, subha fist kick k bad bike ko warp up honay k bad hi ride krna best option hay, or warp up ka matlab her giz yeh nhi k first kick lganay k bad constant throttle spin krtay raha jay rather give her time to warp up almost minute or two
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List