Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki Sprinter - Current Issue

Hi,

I have a Sprinter since 2005. Its been more than 1 year it started giving me this issue. But before a month ago, the problem was not persistent, although it used to happen every 6 or 8 months.. The problem is, it is running good, but suddenly loses current and does not start. Then you have to open the battery side taapa, move the cables, there is a black coloured matchbox sized device, open it up, and then close, and then start. And there she goes, current is back. Before this month, once done this exercise, bike used to run for 4 or 6 or 8 months, but now its frequently giving issue. What is wrong? Is there any device to be changed? One of the electricians told me its a "Rectifier" (that black match box sized device) that needs to be changed. But i want to make sure before i replace something. Please advise.
    And can i find the device that needs to be changed easily at Suzuki showroom?

Da OnE aT iTz XtReMez....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

May be its an issue of your CDI not of rectifier :-S

Sent from my LT30p using PW Forums mobile app
    ALLAH U MMA SALLE ALAA MUHAMMADIN WA BAARIQ WASALLAM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since it is related to electronics, wiring stuff and that too of a Suzuki motorcycle, it is very much advisable that you should contact a good electrician and get replaced faulty parts only with genuine ones.

There can be many guess on this forum which might increase the problem further. CDI, rectifier or charger, any of them can be culprit, charger (generally) is also cause of lose of current, I have seen personally a GS - 150 with this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremist View Post
    Hi,

I have a Sprinter since 2005. Its been more than 1 year it started giving me this issue. But before a month ago, the problem was not persistent, although it used to happen every 6 or 8 months.. The problem is, it is running good, but suddenly loses current and does not start. Then you have to open the battery side taapa, move the cables, there is a black coloured matchbox sized device, open it up, and then close, and then start. And there she goes, current is back. Before this month, once done this exercise, bike used to run for 4 or 6 or 8 months, but now its frequently giving issue. What is wrong? Is there any device to be changed? One of the electricians told me its a "Rectifier" (that black match box sized device) that needs to be changed. But i want to make sure before i replace something. Please advise.
    And can i find the device that needs to be changed easily at Suzuki showroom?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go to a good Suzuki Mechanic and discuss the matter. Here u will get thousands of suggestions which may results in any damage or causing further faults.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List