Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By abdulrehmanrauf
  • 2 Post By amjad635
  • 3 Post By sasyed
  • 2 Post By abdulrehmanrauf

Thread: Suzuki Raider 110 Seat - Alteration

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    mtmoghul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile Suzuki Raider 110 Seat - Alteration

    Suzuki Raider 110 Seat  Alteration -1378532

    Salam,
    Alhamdollilah my bike is performing well since I bought it. Its a great bike in all respects except one thing and that is its Seat. Yes, Its seat is not comfortable as it should be.
    First thing its in decline position towards front side and once you drive the whole weight of your body moves on hands. (my weight is about 180 lbs) Second thing is its foam which is hard, when I drive it in Karachi City during rush hours I became so tired. Is anyone there having same type of problem with its seat?

    Anyhow, Now I am thinking to change its seat / alter it with new Molty foam and with new style. I need experts opinion at Pak wheels as I didn't make any alteration in seat from local seat makers, secondly Raider's seat is also totally new for our local seat makers.


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    771
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I thought Raider seat has become little softer because Sprinter's is even harder, I checked this myself and thinking to replace my Sprinter's seat with Raider. I also weighs near 73Kg. Get confused after your experience.

    For that inclined position, I sorted this out with the help of one of a local seat maker. I asked him to dig out some foam at the sitting position and also add some layer of foam at the tip of seat just above the fuel tank. This way you get a little deeper curve and you will not slip on applying brakes. I adds to me a big comfort because I dont have to adjust myself every now and then.

    You can refer to this - https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...ve#post4160341



    Quote Originally Posted by mtmoghul View Post
    Suzuki Raider 110 Seat  Alteration -1378532

    Salam,
    Alhamdollilah my bike is performing well since I bought it. Its a great bike in all respects except one thing and that is its Seat. Yes, Its seat is not comfortable as it should be.
    First thing its in decline position towards front side and once you drive the whole weight of your body moves on hands. (my weight is about 180 lbs) Second thing is its foam which is hard, when I drive it in Karachi City during rush hours I became so tired. Is anyone there having same type of problem with its seat?

    Anyhow, Now I am thinking to change its seat / alter it with new Molty foam and with new style. I need experts opinion at Pak wheels as I didn't make any alteration in seat from local seat makers, secondly Raider's seat is also totally new for our local seat makers.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    mtmoghul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thnks abdulrehmanrauf
    Yes its good idea to dig the seat from front side... But i don't want to ruin its original seat. May be can do this experiment with other one. Trying to find new plate of this seat and will fit new foam on it..

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    771
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have an extra Sprinter seat and it is in genuine condition. Its leather never opened. If you want let me know.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtmoghul View Post
    thnks abdulrehmanrauf
    Yes its good idea to dig the seat from front side... But i don't want to ruin its original seat. May be can do this experiment with other one. Trying to find new plate of this seat and will fit new foam on it..

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiritpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    W.Salam

    Bro mujhe to raider ki seat kafi pasand i hai, mai to is pe long drive be kar chuka hu or mujhe koi discomfort nahi hui ... han agar apko phir b seat ka issue hai then i suggest to change with GD seat.
    ~ Don't run behind success, run behind excellence, and success will run behind you. ~

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    i have not sat & driven suzuki raider but i have touched its seat
    believe me it felt me rock hard seat as compare to pridor seat
    it was very hard so it won't be comfortable on long drives

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    sasyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    made a curve in the seat,
    slice of original hard foam
    put in soft foam and have fun with soft sitting, and very very butt friendly
    also it will shape ur bike better

    Suzuki Raider 110 Seat  Alteration -1378855

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    mtmoghul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    i have not sat & driven suzuki raider but i have touched its seat
    believe me it felt me rock hard seat as compare to pridor seat
    it was very hard so it won't be comfortable on long drives
    Yes its hard and uncomfortable. Furthermore its decline shape push the driver towards front.
    I am thinking to make new curve shape seat.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    mtmoghul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    I have an extra Sprinter seat and it is in genuine condition. Its leather never opened. If you want let me know.
    Is the bottom of seat of these two model are same i.e Sprinter and Raider. Raider seat bottom (Called patra) is made up of plastice material and its imported.

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    mtmoghul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasyed View Post
    made a curve in the seat,
    slice of original hard foam
    put in soft foam and have fun with soft sitting, and very very butt friendly
    also it will shape ur bike better

    Suzuki Raider 110 Seat  Alteration -1378855
    Thnks for reply.
    Yes ur opinion is good. Will try to make some new seat in curve shape with molty foam used in bikes seats.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    771
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    No its all iron made, the plate and the base which bolted to chasis.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtmoghul View Post
    Is the bottom of seat of these two model are same i.e Sprinter and Raider. Raider seat bottom (Called patra) is made up of plastice material and its imported.

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    mtmoghul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiritpk View Post
    W.Salam

    Bro mujhe to raider ki seat kafi pasand i hai, mai to is pe long drive be kar chuka hu or mujhe koi discomfort nahi hui ... han agar apko phir b seat ka issue hai then i suggest to change with GD seat.
    thnks for the reply.

    May be u have less weight.
    about GD seat may be GD has different frame and seat adjustment setting.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    mtmoghul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    No its all iron made, the plate and the base which bolted to chasis.
    ok. Sprinter and Raider seats are same ? will it fit without any alteration?
    Check the back side of Rider seat from left and right side it has some curve towards upper side so that back light plastic body can be adjusted there??

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    771
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I think yes. Because one of our PWs fellow has already experimented this and he is happy with Raider's seat softness on his Sprinter.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtmoghul View Post
    ok. Sprinter and Raider seats are same ? will it fit without any alteration?

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    771
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Here is the link - https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-2#post3923962

    Quote Originally Posted by mtmoghul View Post
    ok. Sprinter and Raider seats are same ? will it fit without any alteration?
    Check the back side of Rider seat from left and right side it has some curve towards upper side so that back light plastic body can be adjusted there??

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    mtmoghul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    I think yes. Because one of our PWs fellow has already experimented this and he is happy with Raider's seat softness on his Sprinter.
    I think Raider seat can be fitted on Sprinter (not eco) and Sprinter seat can't be fit on Raiders.. Let check my upper post updated # 13.
    Back light canopy what we call it is the problem.

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    771
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Got your point. Sprinter seat is not a plug n play for Raider. You need to do alteration to make curve first for that canopy, and then you can do the experiment with foam.

    Anyhow If you still want the extra seat I have, let me know. I will be selling it out to get the raiders seat.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtmoghul View Post
    I think Raider seat can be fitted on Sprinter (not eco) and Sprinter seat can't be fit on Raiders.. Let check my upper post updated # 13.
    Back light canopy what we call it is the problem.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •