Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By archon2001
  • 1 Post By archon2001
  • 1 Post By archon2001

Thread: for suzuki Gs 150 battery u have option

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default for suzuki Gs 150 battery u have option

    This goes for the new potential buyers who are looking forward to buy new GS150.

    as we all know in pakistan new motorcycle comes with the lead acid battery installed in it, but u can asked the dealer for not to install the battery at the time of booking and u will supply yr own battery at the time of delivery of motorcycle. in such case dealer will refund u the cost of battery that is 1900 rupees currently.
    buy yr self a maintenance free battery of same type they are easily available nowadays costing same price.
    go for better ampere battery like 12v9ah or 12v12ah battery.
    with 12v12ah battery u have almost the same type terminal which stock battery have (use 8mm 'head size' nut and bolt) unlike 12v9ah battery which have clip type terminals.
    a little modification is needed on battery stand to make it accommodate the maintenance battery which can done by the technician at the dealer within 5 mints.

    best of all u will remain tension free from yr battery side as bike will be clean no acid dropping on frame, no requirement for filling up the liquid. and as per my experience maintenance free battery have longer life than lead acid battery.
    it will not void warranty of yr bike.

    kind regards

    Help others so that u can be Helped

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    sportscars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    267
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Good suggestion
    Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    This goes for the new potential buyers who are looking forward to buy new GS150.

    as we all know in pakistan new motorcycle comes with the lead acid battery installed in it, but u can asked the dealer for not to install the battery at the time of booking and u will supply yr own battery at the time of delivery of motorcycle. in such case dealer will refund u the cost of battery that is 1900 rupees currently.
    buy yr self a maintenance free battery of same type they are easily available nowadays costing same price.
    go for better ampere battery like 12v9ah or 12v12ah battery.
    with 12v12ah battery u have almost the same type terminal which stock battery have (use 8mm 'head size' nut and bolt) unlike 12v9ah battery which have clip type terminals.
    a little modification is needed on battery stand to make it accommodate the maintenance battery which can done by the technician at the dealer within 5 mints.

    best of all u will remain tension free from yr battery side as bike will be clean no acid dropping on frame, no requirement for filling up the liquid. and as per my experience maintenance free battery have longer life than lead acid battery.
    best of all it will not void warranty of yr bike.

    kind regards
    Honda rulez

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    asad01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    53
    Posts
    326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    ... in such case dealer will refund u the cost of battery that is 1900 rupees currently. ...
    A while ago I had to replace my GS150 battery, Suzuki was selling it for Rs.1800, but I bought the same battery (National 12N8-3A) for Rs.1200 from the National battery dealer. Suzuki probably gets it for under Rs.1000. So, are you saying that Suzuki will buy a Rs.1000 battery from me for Rs1900??? Really....
    Asad

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asad01 View Post
    A while ago I had to replace my GS150 battery, Suzuki was selling it for Rs.1800, but I bought the same battery (National 12N8-3A) for Rs.1200 from the National battery dealer. Suzuki probably gets it for under Rs.1000. So, are you saying that Suzuki will buy a Rs.1000 battery from me for Rs1900??? Really....
    well they refunded me 1700 rupees in cash as took 2nd gs150 delivery on 12th of this month, price of battery is now 1900 rupees.
    its my experience i shared here. just chat with the dealer and u will see whats the outcome.
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZealFied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Maintenance Free Also Called Dry Battery??
    What Kind Of Maintenance Free Battery Will Be Good For My CG125 IE: Company Name, Volts, Amps ETC.
    Thanks
    XDA Developer: ZealFied | Reverbnation: Reverbnation.com/ZealFied |Soundcloud: Soundcloud.com/ZealFied | Facebook: Facebook.com/ZealFied.DJ | Twitter: Twitter.com/ZealFied

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    Maintenance Free Also Called Dry Battery??
    What Kind Of Maintenance Free Battery Will Be Good For My CG125 IE: Company Name, Volts, Amps ETC.
    Thanks
    dry lithium battery for motorcycle are quite expensive and i doubt their availability in our markets.
    whereas maintenance free battery are easily available.
    depends upon the battery stand in cg125, if its like cd70 or kawasaki gto stand u can easily fit 12v5ah battery in it without any modification to battery stand.
    many make available in market.
    leoch is reliable brand to use, have tried in all my bike give many years of trouble free service.
    look for the production date punch on the top of the battery. newer is always better.

    kind regards
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZealFied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Leoch 12v5ah, It Looks Like This:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    XDA Developer: ZealFied | Reverbnation: Reverbnation.com/ZealFied |Soundcloud: Soundcloud.com/ZealFied | Facebook: Facebook.com/ZealFied.DJ | Twitter: Twitter.com/ZealFied

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    Leoch 12v5ah, It Looks Like This:
    hopefully it will fit without problem in same bracket.
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    ibrahimhashmi11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thats a great help. Can you tell whether it has warranty ?and by maintenance free kindly cnfrm that it is dry battery or not..

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibrahimhashmi11 View Post
    Thats a great help. Can you tell whether it has warranty ?and by maintenance free kindly cnfrm that it is dry battery or not..
    shop keepers at cooperative market saddar normally give 1 week warranty of this battery but u look at the date punch on top of the battery newer is better, as far i know they have fresh 2014 stock and 2013 end stock available too.
    word of advice don't tell them u are gonna put it on motorcycle otherwise they increase the price by couple of hundred rupees more,
    tell them its for emergency light etc which came from abroad .
    yes in desi language ( in market ) they are also called dry battery which off course its not, it got liquid inside too but 1 don't need too worry abt topping it up, thats why they are called sealed type maintenance free battery.
    they are available in 3 type of terminals, small, wide and like stock battery terminal u choose wisely.
    price will varies from 900 to 1100 rupees for small/wide terminal 12v7ah,
    stock terminal they cost around 1300 rupees 12v7ah,1900 rupees for 12v12ah battery.
    for 12v5ah price range from 750 rupees to 1000 rupees.

    happy hunting
    Help others so that u can be Helped

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •