Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki GS150 : Black Swan

Asalam O Alikum PW Members.

After the quest of finding a bike for personal use, over a month spent in constant questions, I purchased a Suzuki GS150 today. Bike is Alhumdulliah good in running. Had a few minor queries for which mechanic is not available at the moment. Invoice price was 114500/- but I got it in 115000/- PKR from Suzuki Mangla Motors.

Looking forward to the ride and a prayer to Almighty Allah for a safe and present experience. Ameen.

UPDATE APRIL 12th, 2014
    - Got my licence seized by city police :p
    - 250 kms on the dial
    Suzuki GS150  Black Swan -1397185

- got indicator lights changed to Honda deluxe 2014 style. 360 rs for 4 lights from honda dealer.
    Suzuki GS150  Black Swan -1397186
    Suzuki GS150  Black Swan -1397190

UPDATE APRIL 17th, 2014
    - Motorbike is now registered with Islamabad Number!

UPDATE JULY 29th, 2014
    Bike sold.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    These days when there is a lack of quality, lack of trust every where... a good customer support is a real blessing. This is what Honda and its vendors are providing. I own Suzuki but I will never give it to my 61+ year old father. Khuda na khowasta ager rastay mein bund ho gaye tou rull jayein ge.

Suzuki bikes ka electronic/electrical system achay achay electricians k pallay nahi perta. And this is the biggest downside for me even more than the expensive spare parts.
    bro suzuki bike are complicated but reliable my gs 125 2005 model served me till 2012 without any fault I don't understand why ppl are afraid of suzuki bikes

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And other companies especially Pak Suzuki fully supporting their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    the problem is that ppl don't want to change now ahl has realize that no matter how much bad quality bike they provide ppl will still buy them

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes and they have a fine reason for that... once mechnic was telling me that he used to fix truimph, BSA, BMW, Ariel Bikes back in 60s then came the Yamaha, Suzuki, Piaggio Scooter and a new era started ...

He mentioned they hated Suzuki and Yamaha becuase they were trained by english men on english bikes but it feul econmoy gave it a big boost to sale and english bikes declined...

Then Honda started to show up and went stronger and stronger in 80s and they used to gather all mechnics give them free tool kits and training on how to fix a Honda and tune it..

they used to give bonuses in shape of more parts, Road trips, Mega meals with other Mechnics and shop keeper, antenna shop holders sellers e,t,c,, the still do that ..

that is what makes AHL network so strong that its spell cant be broken even there are much better bikes offered by other manufacturers ... but the way AHL has participated in mehcnics life is what makes it earn more and more money even with a decades old product.

as an example just count the number of Billboards above mechnics shop while going home, you will hardly find any Yamaha or a one or two Suzuki billboards and all other will be of Honda Sponsered mehcnics billboards and they also give free kits to there registered mehcnics...

that makes an AHL rider more safe then any other bike...

the problem is that ppl don't want to change now ahl has realize that no matter how much bad quality bike they provide ppl will still buy them
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup they are Reliable. But where one should go incase of failure. I have also Sprinter and it is considered reliable more than GS but recently it has generated an issue where your ignition light disappeared and bike was not ready to start.

I have to hunt for a good electrician because to any road side its a suicide. I ended up with one in Saddar 30km away from my home (referred by mechanic in Suzuki showroom). At risk I tried near ones but it was of no use.

In the end it was a simple short circuit problem generated from the rare brake switch.

If it was Honda itni khowari na hoti. Khowari say berh ker tension hoti hai jub bike achanuk bund ho jaye aur qareeb koi haath laganay wala na ho. App aur mein bear ker saktay hein per her koi nahi ker sakta.

bro suzuki bike are complicated but reliable my gs 125 2005 model served me till 2012 without any fault I don't understand why ppl are afraid of suzuki bikes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    App aur mein bear ker saktay hein per her koi nahi ker sakta.
    hats off its true indeed but when I was in uk I observed one thing the biker over there used to do each and every maintenance of there bike them selves but here in Pakistan if some day my bike broke down ppl around instead of helping will be laughing and enjoying the situation

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    did you pay 114,000 for a brand new machine and then faced all these issues? NO. everyone lives under different circumstances, not everyone has the patience and time to fix their brand new bike.
    @Automotorsport_Lover how many issues have you face on your new CG?
    @ammarzahid

Shukar Alhamdolillah nothing considerable so far... front tyre (diamond) is a bit wobbly but its minor/ignorable so do I choose.

Rims needed alignment, was done during compounding of mudguards & rims, in 350Rs only - Overall charge.

Speedometer needle sometimes decides to dance, other times remain normal (I suspect the cable, its messing up after rim was opened for alignment/compound so cant exactly blame company)

Other than that Alhamdolillah... no mechanical or electrical problem so far.
    Oh yes! One hick up was one front indicator bulb gave up, replacement was easy-one stop n quick in 20Rs so who the hell cares? (Junoon had different type of bulbs, watts wise and often size/type wise/not easily available)

Other than this I not even tightened brakes or chain. Just normal adjustment/oiling stuff done at tunning.

I did not had to visit any mechanic for anything except scheduled tunings.

I agree with @vickytulla here, and its my experience and observation too... All other brands are trolling their customers, Honda still serves the basic commuter need.. if not comfort or luxury. It still serves for reliability; the most imp thing people buy a new bike for.

New suzukis/dyls not as reliable as they used to be a few years back.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    @ammarzahid

Shukar Alhamdolillah nothing considerable so far... front tyre (diamond) is a bit wobbly but its minor/ignorable so do I choose.

Rims needed alignment, was done during compounding mudguards and rims in 350Rs only overall.

Speedometer needle sometimes decides to dance, other times remain normal (I suspect the cable, its messing up after rim was opened for alignment/compound so cant exactly blame company)

Other than that Alhamdolillah... no mechanical or electrical problem so far. Not even tightened brakes or chain. Just normal adjustment/oiling stuff done at tunning.

I did not had to visit any mechanic for anything except scheduled tunings.

I agree with @vickytulla here, and its my experience and observation too... All other brands are trolling their customers, Honda still serves the basic commuter need.. if not comfort or luxury. It still serves for reliability; the most imp thing people buy a new bike for.

New suzukis/dyls not as reliable as they used to be a few years back.
    These are small issues:-) i had to fix electrical problem myself. If i look on bright side then i can say gs has taught me a lot of things. For normal person it would be a constant source of tension.

Masha Allah goos to hear cg going strong :-) its serving u the way you expected it to and thats all that matters

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    These are small issues:-) i had to fix electrical problem myself. If i look on bright side then i can say gs has taught me a lot of things. For normal person it would be a constant source of tension.

Masha Allah goos to hear cg going strong :-) its serving u the way you expected it to and thats all that matters

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app
    (Considering the "tension" issue)
    There are many other small things that matter a lot! Dyl only had 2 good mechanics in my area... not that near.

Both had small shops, both charged more, both were difficult to find free, one which was better and my preferred was away from spare parts market.

But now there are at least 2 Honda authorized mechanics within 2kms of my home... the one I go to is less than a half km away and its a complete market with spares, electricians etc. So one stop kaam... he has 3 lifts/ proper tools/air pressure nozzles etc.
    3,4 Boys too... hence I almost never had to wait for my turn of tuning.

10 times less searching for mechanics.

Makes huge difference in ownership experience overall... haha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

User Tag List