4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Disappointed owner of Suzuki GS-150 :(

I had been using Honda CG 125 from 1999 to April 2014, in this time period i bought almost 5 to 6 CG's. I was never disappointed by Honda in this particular time period. But i got bored with 125 so i wanted change and something new and also wanted bike with easy availability of parts and after sales services. i had read so many good reviews about GS 150 on the internet including Pakwheels. My kid bro who is in Karachi also bought 150 and recommended me to go for it with eye closed.

So the main story starts from here, i bought 150 on 25th May from Murree Road. Rode carefully during initial 1000 KMs running period. When my bikes's Odo was around 1200 kma. Its current went off and bike also went off after jerks. no electric component was working. i loaded it on my Suzuki Pickup and took it to the only company operated workshop near Marir Hassan. Staff there warmly welcome me ask me about the problem. They smiled and said sir this is very common fault coming these days in 150's. they said battery's rectifier grip is lose. they just pushed it and bike started and was working absolutely fine. I got oil changed and first service and came home happily.

Last friday i was going to faizabad from Rawat, my bikes ODO was around 2000 KM,s. When i reached koral chowwk two guyz with 125's challenged me, i accepted the challenge and my bike did well beaten them with big difference till khanna pull. At khanna pull traffic light one guy with 150 popped in and gave me signal for race, i also accepted the challenge and pushed my bike to full throttle and my bike was giving 110 KM/h. after going 5 to six KMs with same speed a loud sound of chusss came from bikes engine and bikes lost the motion and tick tick sound started coming from the head of the enging. I lowered the speed. second day i went to the other small workshop of Suzuki company near dhoke khabba road committee chowk (as people told me who were at marir hassan outlet that this workshop is about to close in few days and have to visit Baber autos near committee chowk). Person who was inchange at baber autos thoroughly cheaked my bike and said Piston Rings and Head of ur bike are blown (farig). I was like WTF :O. He said u dont have to worry as ur bike is under warranty and these thing will be replaced free of cost. u just have to bring warranty card.

Now i have submitted warranty card to them and waiting for approval. I am not a rough rider or habitual racer. as it was friday 4 pm there were very less traffic on the road so wanted to have little fun and ended up with this tragedy I am very disappointed with this incident. Hoping for the best but inside thought "new bike ka enging khul gya is killing me".

I ll update you guys with future. Plz pray for my loss

Why depreciation factor is not applicable to Pakistani corolla ????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you shouldn't have pushed a brand new bike that hard...
    http://www.darsequran.com/ http://www.aswatalislam.net/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have pushed my gs as hard as i can and it has been 3 years and not faced any such issue ALLHAMDULLILAH. we have two gs at home and its better to change the oil at 7-800 kms because we dont use good oils which gets paani after that in summers. i hope your issue gets solved soon and bike is back on the road.
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a) engine oil

b) shouldnt push that much of a new engine

Quote Originally Posted by asimgujjar View Post
    I had been using Honda CG 125 from 1999 to April 2014, in this time period i bought almost 5 to 6 CG's. I was never disappointed by Honda in this particular time period. But i got bored with 125 so i wanted change and something new and also wanted bike with easy availability of parts and after sales services. i had read so many good reviews about GS 150 on the internet including Pakwheels. My kid bro who is in Karachi also bought 150 and recommended me to go for it with eye closed.

So the main story starts from here, i bought 150 on 25th May from Murree Road. Rode carefully during initial 1000 KMs running period. When my bikes's Odo was around 1200 kma. Its current went off and bike also went off after jerks. no electric component was working. i loaded it on my Suzuki Pickup and took it to the only company operated workshop near Marir Hassan. Staff there warmly welcome me ask me about the problem. They smiled and said sir this is very common fault coming these days in 150's. they said battery's rectifier grip is lose. they just pushed it and bike started and was working absolutely fine. I got oil changed and first service and came home happily.

Last friday i was going to faizabad from Rawat, my bikes ODO was around 2000 KM,s. When i reached koral chowwk two guyz with 125's challenged me, i accepted the challenge and my bike did well beaten them with big difference till khanna pull. At khanna pull traffic light one guy with 150 popped in and gave me signal for race, i also accepted the challenge and pushed my bike to full throttle and my bike was giving 110 KM/h. after going 5 to six KMs with same speed a loud sound of chusss came from bikes engine and bikes lost the motion and tick tick sound started coming from the head of the enging. I lowered the speed. second day i went to the other small workshop of Suzuki company near dhoke khabba road committee chowk (as people told me who were at marir hassan outlet that this workshop is about to close in few days and have to visit Baber autos near committee chowk). Person who was inchange at baber autos thoroughly cheaked my bike and said Piston Rings and Head of ur bike are blown (farig). I was like WTF :O. He said u dont have to worry as ur bike is under warranty and these thing will be replaced free of cost. u just have to bring warranty card.

Now i have submitted warranty card to them and waiting for approval. I am not a rough rider or habitual racer. as it was friday 4 pm there were very less traffic on the road so wanted to have little fun and ended up with this tragedy I am very disappointed with this incident. Hoping for the best but inside thought "new bike ka enging khul gya is killing me".

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that was bad man but you should have know that in initial 5000km all engine over heats on high speed and heats to much but that not gs defect don't be sad by thinking "new bike ka engine khul gya" its and ohc engine not ohv that need perfect push rod setting or it will not perform well ohc are very simple engine to rebuit after overhauling you would not even be able to find difference in sealed engine and open one If you had own an cd185/200 even changing timing requires to open head so don't worry by thinking k head khul gya

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post
    I will not suggest you to do that in break in period.
    Definitely not wise. But I had to test it at its max. The third gear easily reaches 60 km/h. Although I am not a racing fanatic but coming from a CG world, that's awesome. This $hit is cool man!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    @asimgujjar Well, if that's the case, then tomorrow is a Friday (well, technically today as its quarter past 12 now), weather looks clean with a bright sunny day and I am taking the brand new GS 150 (which is hopefully arriving tomorrow), to it's max speed of 120 - 125 km/h for half an hour (I know people, not a wise thing to do but a man's gotta do what's a man gotta do).

Let's see if things blow up on Friday-is-an-unlucky-day!

Will keep you guys posted
    @asimgujjar, the new 150 is here and I tested it to its max at roughly 110 km/h, as much as I could and still no issues so far. My only complaint is with the breaks -- stopping duration is nearly 30 meters from 80 km/h but this problem is common with Pakistani drum breaks so nothing much to do there (I'll get a disk break after warranty period).

Based on what you have told and the oil you have been using, it looks to me that your engine desperately needed an oil change.

How often did you change the engine oil? Sometimes, the oil gets dirty quicker if you do a lot of driving in traffic or in extreme weather conditions.

Dirty or bad oil can permanently damage your engine in a blimp of threshold cause of carbon.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asimgujjar, the new 150 is here and I tested it to its max at roughly 110 km/h, as much as I could and still no issues so far. My only complaint is with the breaks -- stopping duration is nearly 30 meters from 80 km/h but this problem is common with Pakistani drum breaks so nothing much to do there (I'll get a disk break after warranty period).

Based on what you have told and the oil you have been using, it looks to me that your engine desperately needed an oil
    change.

How often did you change the engine oil? Sometimes, the oil gets dirty quicker if you do a lot of driving in traffic or in extreme weather conditions.

Dirty or bad oil can permanently damage your engine in a blimp of threshold cause of carbon.

Congrats bro... I changed my Oil at 1200 KMs, Guy at service center told me to change second oil at 2500 KMS.
    Why depreciation factor is not applicable to Pakistani corolla ????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats bro... I changed my Oil at 1200 KMs, Guy at service center told me to change second oil at 2500 KMS.
    first oil chNge shud b at 300... then 1500 then from onward... after every 1500 hundred with Oil filter chNge as well....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tucknoloji View Post
    first oil chNge shud b at 300... then 1500 then from onward... after every 1500 hundred with Oil filter chNge as well....
    Right but don't take it as a rule of thumb.
    If you drive in heavy traffic and do very frequent throttling, you will need to change oil very soon.
    Forget 1500, who knows you may need it at 800 KMs

Always, check the color and decide. Pure black is definitely bad and its worse if you can feel friction when you do a dip-test between fingers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bad luck.

Must investigate cause of problem first. If oil was good then,

Ask suzuki mechanic to check oil pump pressure, oil passage, sump screen and oil filter.
    MADE IN WAZIRABAD.............................RUNNING IN FAISALABAD..........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont think that the low quality suzuki oil is good for 1300 kms in hot days that we are going through. change it at max 800-1000 kms. i change the oil at 800 kms in summers and around 1000-1200 kms in winters.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Right but don't take it as a rule of thumb.
    If you drive in heavy traffic and do very frequent throttling, you will need to change oil very soon.
    Forget 1500, who knows you may need it at 800 KMs

Always, check the color and decide. Pure black is definitely bad and its worse if you can feel friction when you do a dip-test between fingers.
    yes.... i suggested for usual scenario

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjadtalha747 View Post
    so you are saying gs150 is faster than cg125?well this depends upon on how one rides.maybe you were a better rider and knew exactly when to change gear.but even if it is faster,gs 150 has a higher displacement so it should win and i think it doesnt sound good and in stock form its too ugly moreover the resale is not good and spare parts ore only available at proper showrooms.Other than that i like gs150.Just if they make it look slighlt better,i would buy one despite of other problems.
    Totally agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by tucknoloji View Post
    great..... and u tried to clock full on Pak Suzuki Oil wich is the worst ever... bhai jii.... u shud have change the oil at 300 and switch to some other oil....

engine blow is common in suzuki only if rider is using Na Pak Suzuki Oil....

and did u bought the suzuki frm thr own company show room ????

becoz other third party dealers r selling low end ... c and d category bikes... and customers r getting complains...
    Normal customer doesn't know anything about these A,B,C,D category bikes/showrooms, but definitely Suzuki bikes are low in quality and they have less engine life as compared to Honda bikes
    Main tay Honda ee lay saa'n !!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khanthegr8 View Post
    Totally agreed

Normal customer doesn't know anything about these A,B,C,D category bikes/showrooms, but definitely Suzuki bikes are low in quality and they have less engine life as compared to Honda bikes
    Khan bhai suzuki bikes are of low quality but less engine life? this is something i dont agree upon. everything is of low quality but engine is very rough and tough

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jadoon1992_vxlimited View Post
    Khan bhai suzuki bikes are of low quality but less engine life? this is something i dont agree upon. everything is of low quality but engine is very rough and tough
    In Pakistan, you don't have to check quality because there is none. LOL.
    So I agree with @jadoon1992_vxlimited, all engines are created equal and if you maintain it well (change oil regularly, etc) it will never give up on you. You do it a favor and it will return your favors.

Simple as that.

P.S. The higher the CC is, the more maintenance the engine will need. It's a simple fact.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well...
    As always... PWs see a rush of new members every year.. and with every member comes a dozen new stupid beliefs.. that are then preached most enthusiastically on every thread.

I wish people could come to learn instead of enforcing their opinions...

This bike is good, that bike is ****, change oil at this, do not run a new bike fast for fist 10 years of its purchase and bla bla!

Misguiding people everywhere!

@asimgujjar

Sir not all bikes are khota bikes like honda... the more refined an engine is, the more fine tuning it needs to deliver the performance it is meant to deliver...

"Suzukis are more robust than CG" is a wrong statement as it is not giving full information...

Gs is indeed mire refined than CG, if it is in hands of an experienced rider and a trained mechanic...

And NO bigger engines do not need more frequent maintenance, it depends upon technology... as general rule, smaller displacement engines need more maintenance than larger ones as they have to work harder to get the job done.

Car, trucks, jeeps or generators... bigger engines need less maintenance provided technologies are same.

You were required to change ur first oil at approx. 300Kms, second at 900~1000kms with first tuning and then after every 1000~2000kms as per quality of the oil u r using...

No normal local oil priced 400-450 are fit for 2000kms... only 800~1000kms... in summers or 1000~1200 in winters.

I guess u did not follow the oil change schedule of ur bike as u should have... and dragged ur bike hard with an old oil that too continuous for many KMs...

That was too hard thing for any young engine... only if ur oil was good n new, ur bike wiuld have been ok.

Plz tell us which oil did u used last time? Suzuki oil? And what oil change schedule did u follow?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Well...
    As always... PWs see a rush of new members every year.. and with every member comes a dozen new stupid beliefs.. that are then preached most enthusiastically on every thread.

I wish people could come to learn instead of enforcing their opinions...

This bike is good, that bike is ****, change oil at this, do not run a new bike fast for fist 10 years of its purchase and bla bla!

Misguiding people everywhere!
    @asimgujjar

Sir not all bikes are khota bikes like honda... the more refined an engine is, the more fine tuning it needs to deliver the performance it is meant to deliver...

"Suzukis are more robust than CG" is a wrong statement as it is not giving full information...

Gs is indeed mire refined than CG, if it is in hands of an experienced rider and a trained mechanic...

And NO bigger engines do not need more frequent maintenance, it depends upon technology... as general rule, smaller displacement engines need more maintenance than larger ones as they have to work harder to get the job done.

Car, trucks, jeeps or generators... bigger engines need less maintenance provided technologies are same.

You were required to change ur first oil at approx. 300Kms, second at 900~1000kms with first tuning and then after every 1000~2000kms as per quality of the oil u r using...

No normal local oil priced 400-450 are fit for 2000kms... only 800~1000kms... in summers or 1000~1200 in winters.

I guess u did not follow the oil change schedule of ur bike as u should have... and dragged ur bike hard with an old bike that too continuous for many KMs...

That was too hard thing for any young engine... only if ur oil was good n new, ur bike wiuld have been ok.

Plz tell us which oil did u used last time? Suzuki oil? And what oil change schedule did u follow?
    Agreed! And GS will soon be the most expensive and most "third class" bike being made in pakistan. Yea im an owner but im well aware of its short comings. Only an experienced rider who knows electrics etc should get one. Warna good old cg/deluxe will give better service

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If one thing OHC requires, it is timely engine oil changes.
    You can't do that?? better stick to OHV engines.

Initial maintenance needs to be done at short intervals.
    @300Km: First engine oil change
    @1000Km: Second engine oil change, change the Oil filter as well.
    @2000Km: Third engine oil change

No matter what oil you use, your first 3 oil changes should be done at above intervals.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I changed my Oil at 1200 KMs, Guy at service center told me to change second oil at 2500 KMS.
    Also, don't trust what the buffoon illiterate mechanics say. Most of them can hardly spell 'OHV'. Heck, they don't even know what type of engine does your bike use!

Put more trust in owner's manual, like our good friend @gull_s_777 has said.

That being said, I am getting GS150's service manual next week. If someone needs that, I can possibly scan and upload it as a PDF.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also, don't trust what the buffoon illiterate mechanics say. Most of them can hardly spell 'OHV'. Heck, they don't even know what type of engine does your bike use!

Put more trust in owner's manual, like our good friend @gull_s_777 has said.

That being said, I am getting GS150's service manual next week. If someone needs that, I can possibly scan and upload it as a PDF.
    where will you get it from?
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List