4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Disappointed owner of Suzuki GS-150 :(

I had been using Honda CG 125 from 1999 to April 2014, in this time period i bought almost 5 to 6 CG's. I was never disappointed by Honda in this particular time period. But i got bored with 125 so i wanted change and something new and also wanted bike with easy availability of parts and after sales services. i had read so many good reviews about GS 150 on the internet including Pakwheels. My kid bro who is in Karachi also bought 150 and recommended me to go for it with eye closed.

So the main story starts from here, i bought 150 on 25th May from Murree Road. Rode carefully during initial 1000 KMs running period. When my bikes's Odo was around 1200 kma. Its current went off and bike also went off after jerks. no electric component was working. i loaded it on my Suzuki Pickup and took it to the only company operated workshop near Marir Hassan. Staff there warmly welcome me ask me about the problem. They smiled and said sir this is very common fault coming these days in 150's. they said battery's rectifier grip is lose. they just pushed it and bike started and was working absolutely fine. I got oil changed and first service and came home happily.

Last friday i was going to faizabad from Rawat, my bikes ODO was around 2000 KM,s. When i reached koral chowwk two guyz with 125's challenged me, i accepted the challenge and my bike did well beaten them with big difference till khanna pull. At khanna pull traffic light one guy with 150 popped in and gave me signal for race, i also accepted the challenge and pushed my bike to full throttle and my bike was giving 110 KM/h. after going 5 to six KMs with same speed a loud sound of chusss came from bikes engine and bikes lost the motion and tick tick sound started coming from the head of the enging. I lowered the speed. second day i went to the other small workshop of Suzuki company near dhoke khabba road committee chowk (as people told me who were at marir hassan outlet that this workshop is about to close in few days and have to visit Baber autos near committee chowk). Person who was inchange at baber autos thoroughly cheaked my bike and said Piston Rings and Head of ur bike are blown (farig). I was like WTF :O. He said u dont have to worry as ur bike is under warranty and these thing will be replaced free of cost. u just have to bring warranty card.

Now i have submitted warranty card to them and waiting for approval. I am not a rough rider or habitual racer. as it was friday 4 pm there were very less traffic on the road so wanted to have little fun and ended up with this tragedy I am very disappointed with this incident. Hoping for the best but inside thought "new bike ka enging khul gya is killing me".

I ll update you guys with future. Plz pray for my loss

Why depreciation factor is not applicable to Pakistani corolla ????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    @tucknoloji yes brother.............
    can u send me the manual....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb

First of all I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy you've been through with your new GS-150. I hope you get it up and running again as soon as possible.

Secondly, I am surprised at people preaching at one-hand to follow owner's manual for riding your machine in break-in period, and on other hand suggesting an engine oil schedule contrary to the one mentioned in the owner's manual. Here is a maintenance chart published by Pak Suzuki for its 4-stroke products which clearly mentions to change first engine oil at 1,000 km.

Plus, the owner manual of GD 110 also recommends to change first engine oil at 1,000 km ALONG-WITH maintaining a varying speed between 30 - 40 km/h during break-in period. This is exactly what I did with my GD: revved it softly between 30 - 40 km/h during break-in period and had first engine oil replaced at 1,000 km. I had absolutely no problem as I followed the manual religiously.

So, just listen to the instructions given in the owner's manual - those instructions are given by engineers who have actually designed these toys, and I suppose their advice carries more weight than anyone else's.

A general note to all: STOP USING SGO at once if you love your machines!
    First deserve, then desire.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TZB
    I recommend first oil change at 300Km because when you get new bike, the engine oil is not like the fresh one you put in your bike.
    It might be sitting idle in the engine for months, hence not like a freshly opened brand new one.
    Secondly, dealer can mess with engine oil putting some fake oil, how will you know? better to play safe.
    Third, well even if dealer is honest, the oil most probably will be SGO , so .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asim bhai, 2 things

1. Are there any lawyers in the family if yes , "CONSUMER COURT" is the way to go

2. You can offer your "EXPERTISE of HARDENING" the 150 for Pakistani roads and charge people a small fee "Million $ Idea"
    Twin cam sixteen Vaalve da sticker Nikki jeyee gaddi utte

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hard Earned Money should bring value not tension
    Twin cam sixteen Vaalve da sticker Nikki jeyee gaddi utte

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    @TZB
    I recommend first oil change at 300Km because when you get new bike, the engine oil is not like the fresh one you put in your bike.
    It might be sitting idle in the engine for months, hence not like a freshly opened brand new one.
    Secondly, dealer can mess with engine oil putting some fake oil, how will you know? better to play safe.
    Third, well even if dealer is honest, the oil most probably will be SGO , so .....
    I like the dealer-dishonestly explanation. Moreover, company ships bikes to showrooms/dealers with engine oil already present in the engine. Correct me if I am wrong. The off-the-shelf engine oils we buy at shops don't come from factory that day either So I think freshness can here be defined only as whether the oil is virgin or not.

My above post was based on my discussion with head of maintenance at a Suzuki workshop: he argued the oil that company pours-in is by far of a much better quality than that we get in the market since it is a company-to-company purchase.

Anyhow, better safe than sorry. While it is always merrier to replace engine oil ASAP, I am just wondering we should at least follow manual.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohammedhunain View Post
    bhai please mujhe koi bataye ga kay suzuki gs150 ki kia modifications hoti hain to make it look like a sports one ? aur kia budget required hota hai ?
    mujhe sirf rear tyre thick lagwanay hain and seat/seatbody change kerni hai !and handle bhi.

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums
    Don't do modifications until 6 months or year, otherwise warranty won't be claimed.
    Mods add weight to your bike and fuel economy gets hurt.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    The off-the-shelf engine oils we buy at shops don't come from factory that day either So I think freshness can here be defined only as whether the oil is virgin or not.
    Yup it doesn't. But oil in the engine doesn't have the proper long term storage protection which off the shelf engine oil does.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    Thanx bro for very detailed answer mager aik question aur hai ohc key valve kasey adjust hotey hon gey kyo key camshaft to ooper hai
    Good question. Isi waja se, OHC engines need more maintenance but performance is good.
    In bigger OHC engines, you have to use multiple side rotters and timing belts wear out quickly.

OHC engines can also have 3 or 4 valves per cylinder but OHV engines cannot have more than 2 valves usually.

So OHC gives you more control over RPM -- a reason why you see all performance bikes and cars have OHC engines inside them.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup it doesn't. But oil in the engine doesn't have the proper long term storage protection which off the shelf engine oil does.
    I'll like to relate it to human blood. It is safe either is proper bags or in human body, unsafe elsewhere. I guess same is true for engine oil: it is safe either in its packing or where it is supposed to operate - the engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A general note to all: STOP USING SGO at once if you love your machines!
    Suzuki didn't come up with "SGO" up until last few years.

So they don't know shi***ttt about engine oils.

Who knows, they might be branding cheap drum oil from local market - which they most probably are!
    @TZB is quite right about it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'll like to related it to human blood. It is safe either is proper bags or in human body, unsafe elsewhere. I guess same is true for engine oil: it is safe either in its packing or where it is supposed to operate - the engine.
    Do you drain the human blood after regular intervals???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjadtalha747 View Post
    so you are saying gs150 is faster than cg125?well this depends upon on how one rides.maybe you were a better rider and knew exactly when to change gear.but even if it is faster,gs 150 has a higher displacement so it should win and i think it doesnt sound good and in stock form its too ugly moreover the resale is not good and spare parts ore only available at proper showrooms.Other than that i like gs150.Just if they make it look slighlt better,i would buy one despite of other problems.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using PW Forums mobile app
    yaar woh keh kya rha hai aur aap kya baat kar rahe ho

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gull_s_777, you are funny. Haha

Not until if your kidneys fail.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gull_s_777, you are funny. Haha

Not until if your kidneys fail.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lolz Doctors do suggest it is good for health to donate blood every few months. So, yes, we SHOULD drain blood after regular intervals

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar pehle 5000km tu bike ko aik nai naveli dulhan ki tarhan rakhte hyn ... aap ne 2000km pe hi os ki ammi-aapa kr di ... so i don't think it is just to blame the machine for this, since i also own a GS-150 or muje aaj tk (even after almost 15000km) is k tapet bi adjust krwanay ki zarorat nai pari ... just regular tuning and oil change keeps it running like a good race horse ...

Quote Originally Posted by asimgujjar View Post
    I had been using Honda CG 125 from 1999 to April 2014, in this time period i bought almost 5 to 6 CG's. I was never disappointed by Honda in this particular time period. But i got bored with 125 so i wanted change and something new and also wanted bike with easy availability of parts and after sales services. i had read so many good reviews about GS 150 on the internet including Pakwheels. My kid bro who is in Karachi also bought 150 and recommended me to go for it with eye closed.

So the main story starts from here, i bought 150 on 25th May from Murree Road. Rode carefully during initial 1000 KMs running period. When my bikes's Odo was around 1200 kma. Its current went off and bike also went off after jerks. no electric component was working. i loaded it on my Suzuki Pickup and took it to the only company operated workshop near Marir Hassan. Staff there warmly welcome me ask me about the problem. They smiled and said sir this is very common fault coming these days in 150's. they said battery's rectifier grip is lose. they just pushed it and bike started and was working absolutely fine. I got oil changed and first service and came home happily.

Last friday i was going to faizabad from Rawat, my bikes ODO was around 2000 KM,s. When i reached koral chowwk two guyz with 125's challenged me, i accepted the challenge and my bike did well beaten them with big difference till khanna pull. At khanna pull traffic light one guy with 150 popped in and gave me signal for race, i also accepted the challenge and pushed my bike to full throttle and my bike was giving 110 KM/h. after going 5 to six KMs with same speed a loud sound of chusss came from bikes engine and bikes lost the motion and tick tick sound started coming from the head of the enging. I lowered the speed. second day i went to the other small workshop of Suzuki company near dhoke khabba road committee chowk (as people told me who were at marir hassan outlet that this workshop is about to close in few days and have to visit Baber autos near committee chowk). Person who was inchange at baber autos thoroughly cheaked my bike and said Piston Rings and Head of ur bike are blown (farig). I was like WTF :O. He said u dont have to worry as ur bike is under warranty and these thing will be replaced free of cost. u just have to bring warranty card.

Now i have submitted warranty card to them and waiting for approval. I am not a rough rider or habitual racer. as it was friday 4 pm there were very less traffic on the road so wanted to have little fun and ended up with this tragedy I am very disappointed with this incident. Hoping for the best but inside thought "new bike ka enging khul gya is killing me".

I ll update you guys with future. Plz pray for my loss
    HI NI JAWANIYAY ... KITHAY DHAKAY PAYE KHANI AYN

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Experts plz tell me is Liqui Moly Racing 4t 20w50 is suitable for my GS 150 ????
    Why depreciation factor is not applicable to Pakistani corolla ????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what are the updates about your bike? and liqui moly is a very good oil
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Liqui Moly is amazing! Using it in my 2012 Deluxe. Tried Honda oil in the beginning, then Caltex and finally LM. Have never even thought about going to any other oil after LM.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List