Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Suzuki Sprinter eco Or Raider ?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    engrkhawar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Red face Suzuki Sprinter eco Or Raider ?

    Asalam o Alaikum
    Miene new bike khareedni hai tu kafi search k baad Suzuki Sprinter eco or suzuki raider ko shortlist kiya hai , ab mujhe samaj nahi araha k in dono mien say konsi select karon .. meri requirement Fuel average hai bus, in dono mien say fuel average kis ka acha hai ? konsi best rahay gi !.


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mansor View Post
    bro ya sab technology ka kamal hai bat sirf 70 ya 110 ki nahe hai suzuki ka carbi aik to different hai aur aik cheez aur hai woh ap kuhd hi dekh layn
    Suzuki Sprinter eco Or Raider ? -1442823 as ka cylinder check kery ya complete aluminium ka bana hai as kay ilawa bheee suzuki ka eng totally different hai honda say
    wesay bhe ap dekhy to india may bhee 125cc bike 68kmh ki avg deytee hai
    Cylinder has nothing to do with mileage though, butterfly carbs used in suzuki are obsolete though in motorbike application... they are now only used in lawn mowers, chain saws etc.

    Though suzuki has used these carbs well and managed to fetch some very good mileage from them which is pleasant...

    Though these carbs are sensitive and opening them usually results in disaster in terms of milage

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mansor View Post
    bro ya sab technology ka kamal hai bat sirf 70 ya 110 ki nahe hai suzuki ka carbi aik to different hai aur aik cheez aur hai woh ap kuhd hi dekh layn
    Suzuki Sprinter eco Or Raider ? -1442823 as ka cylinder check kery ya complete aluminium ka bana hai as kay ilawa bheee suzuki ka eng totally different hai honda say
    wesay bhe ap dekhy to india may bhee 125cc bike 68kmh ki avg deytee hai

    bro EFI k ilawa engine men kuch b fuel saving technology nai exist karti Allah o akbar.. 'educated' minds

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Suzuki mechanics know nothing both sprinters have identical mikuni BS22 carbs. its impossible for PAK suzuki to engineer a different version of the BS22 for paki market for better mileage. we do know how diligent pak suzuki is, right?
    Well i wont rule out that possibility... honda has used a different CDI unit to improve milage and control the output both in new Cg power plus and in deluxe models...
    And i can assure new Cg power plus can achieve 50kmpl easily & realistically... which is pretty decent milage. In competition with piaggio and gs


    Suzuki can also do that, theres no rocket science in it. But yes we can only get it confirmed by a company representative

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Cylinder has nothing to do with mileage though, butterfly carbs used in suzuki are obsolete though in motorbike application... they are now only used in lawn mowers, chain saws etc.

    Though suzuki has used these carbs well and managed to fetch some very good mileage from them which is pleasant...

    Though these carbs are sensitive and opening them usually results in disaster in terms of milage
    Each and every component plays a part in fuel economy. maybe there's a lot less friction in the engine parts, and the aluminum cylinder dissipates heat efficiently so fuel is burnt cleaner (maybe). there are simply too many variables which could effect fuel economy of an engine.

    btw yamaha FZ16 uses a mikuni bs26 (butterfly carb)

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Each and every component plays a part in fuel economy. maybe there's a lot less friction in the engine parts, and the aluminum cylinder dissipates heat efficiently so fuel is burnt cleaner (maybe). there are simply too many variables which could effect fuel economy of an engine.

    btw yamaha FZ16 uses a mikuni bs26 (butterfly carb)
    Aluminum is a strong alloy that is durable, gets lesser damage from friction and usually does not require boring... just a new piston.

    How a hollow cylinder can improve fuel mileage is interesting B-)

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Aluminum is a strong alloy that is durable, gets lesser damage from friction and usually does not require boring... just a new piston.

    How a hollow cylinder can improve fuel mileage is interesting B-)
    I dont know but somehow suzuki has managed to get a 110cc to give same or better economy than a 70 B) kuch to hoga.. but according to some ppl only EFI can allow an engine to give better econ.

    OP SORRY for hijacking your thread. Here is a really informative page of how to tune the bs26 carb (for GS owners, no more mechanic k tarlay).

    Tuning Yamaha FZ 16 Carburetor

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,545
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    The carb or injecter are not the only thinks which increase aur decrease fuel economy their are lot of fact like transition,compression ratio,thickness of tire,size of air filter,cdi unti,ignition coil and many more fact are involved in making a engine efficient

  9. #28
    Site Banned Follow
    Abdullah9014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    I dont know but somehow suzuki has managed to get a 110cc to give same or better economy than a 70 B) kuch to hoga.. but according to some ppl only EFI can allow an engine to give better econ.

    OP SORRY for hijacking your thread. Here is a really informative page of how to tune the bs26 carb (for GS owners, no more mechanic k tarlay).

    Tuning Yamaha FZ 16 Carburetor

    Instead of being so much sarcastic in tone try to come up with some technical facts as to how you are claiming it to be more economical. Mehrbani farma kar andazay mat lagain

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    Chaudhary007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Baseless.. right. 80s technologies.. you sure? the CD70 engine has been around since the late 60s. The sprinter engine was developed in the late 90s(google some info about it, if you really do care). Any idea about butterfly carbs? slide carbs? kuch andaza hai of the technology difference between a CD70 engine and a sprinter engine? any info about the aluminum head cylinder?

    Ok you are right, countless pakwheelers (myself included) are lying about the fuel economy of their sprinters. in reality it does 30KMPL
    Why don't you enlighten us than ?
    If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhary007 View Post
    Why don't you enlighten us than ?
    i never pretended to be a bike doctor i was simply stating that the displacement of an engine alone doesn't matter. there are a lot of other factors as well. prevailing opinion seems to be that the suzuki bikes here use a butterfly carb so the fuel economy's better.

    BUT. you are refusing to believe because the more ccs so obviously more fuel thirsty, right?

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhary007 View Post
    I highly doubt that a 110cc bike would give this mileage......considering CD70 which is 72cc(69cc to be exact) gives 54km/l at max in normal city driving conditions.....and approx 58km/l in long.
    In normal driving conditions below 60kmph cd70 can also fetch 60+kmpl...

    In fact cd70 has achieved repeatedly 80+kmpl in competitions held by Honda... and yes raider/sprinter also does very good mileage... can achieve 55kmpl+ mileage at approx. 60Kmph speed easily.

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah9014 View Post
    Instead of being so much sarcastic in tone try to come up with some technical facts as to how you are claiming it to be more economical. Mehrbani farma kar andazay mat lagain
    andazay? i own a sprinter. i've always gotten more than 50-55KM/L out of it, now let's see if i don't have any technical facts to back that up so i must be making that figure up, right? should i get a "certificate of mileage" for you?

    instead of judging kindly accept the figures, or don't accuse ppl of "andazay"(whatever suits you)

    thanks!

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    The carb or injecter are not the only thinks which increase aur decrease fuel economy their are lot of fact like transition,compression ratio,thickness of tire,size of air filter,cdi unti,ignition coil and many more fact are involved in making a engine efficient
    no brother only EFI can give better fuel economy (lol).

    okay sorry, this is really unprofessional.

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    Chaudhary007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    i never pretended to be a bike doctor i was simply stating that the displacement of an engine alone doesn't matter. there are a lot of other factors as well. prevailing opinion seems to be that the suzuki bikes here use a butterfly carb so the fuel economy's better.

    BUT. you are refusing to believe because the more ccs so obviously more fuel thirsty, right?
    yes because both the technologies are more less same.......carb may be different it might have that diaphragm, engine block may be of aluminum but do you really think that makes such a huge difference.
    If you had claimed something like this for GD110 or GS150 i would have agreed because there the technology is completely different.
    If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhary007 View Post
    yes because both the technologies are more less same.......carb may be different it might have that diaphragm, engine block may be of aluminum but do you really think that makes such a huge difference.
    If you had claimed something like this for GD110 or GS150 i would have agreed because there the technology is completely different.
    Okayyy bro it is your right to not accept figures posted on a forum by countless members. by the way GS engine is based on old GS450, GS500 engine architecture which is from the 80's. the engine used in sprinter is actually a scooter engine (look up suzuki flash) that was introduced in the 90s. I have both these machines and i've ridden the sprinter for more than 16,000KMs, for me it's always been above 50KM/L no matter how roughly i push it.

    It's your right to disagree, as always. you can take a test ride of a sprinter/raider and find out figures for yourself.

  17. #36
    Site Banned Follow
    Abdullah9014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    andazay? i own a sprinter. i've always gotten more than 55KM/L out of it, now let's see if i don't have any technical facts to back that up so i must be making that figure up, right? should i get a "certificate of mileage" for you?

    instead of judging kindly accept the figures, or don't accuse ppl of "andazay"(whatever suits you)

    thanks!
    I never said you are making that figure up . I was looking for a technical reason since you claim it's never about the cc's a but i guess you dont know either.
    No need to get a certificate.
    Ap ka sprinter 100km/l deta ha.
    thanks.....

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah9014 View Post
    I never said you are making that figure up . I was looking for a technical reason since you claim it's never about the cc's a but i guess you dont know either.
    No need to get a certificate.
    Ap ka sprinter 100km/l deta ha.
    thanks.....
    Lol, ok.. No need to get emotional over such a small issue, none of us are certified suzuki technicians here, all learners. You might have missed the part where i mentioned the carb, or atleast the analogy of better fuel burning capabilities of an engine... but it's okay. You have to humiliate a person by saying "ap ka sprinter 100km/l deta ha."

  19. #38
    Site Banned Follow
    Abdullah9014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Lol, ok.. No need to get emotional over such a small issue, none of us are certified suzuki technicians here, all learners. You might have missed the part where i mentioned the carb, or atleast the analogy of better fuel burning capabilities of an engine... but it's okay. You have to humiliate a person by saying "ap ka sprinter 100km/l deta ha."
    I really apologize if you were offended by it.....considering it's a professional forum i shouldn't have said that.
    Sorry bro

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,545
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    no brother only EFI can give better fuel economy (lol).

    okay sorry, this is really unprofessional.
    ok brother let me clear my self you think only better carb can give better mileage lets take a example honda cd185/cd200 almost similar bike same transmition same weight same tires same "carb" but even after that cd185 being a lesser cc bike give a mileage of 22-25km/l and cd200 give a mileage of 30-35km/l just because cd200 has a higher compression ratio let take an other cg classic euro2 being 99kg and piaggio being 117kg still cg give mileage of 45-50km/l while piaggio give a mileage of 55-60km/l even being 2cc more than cg I know 2cc is not much different but a bike being heavier and lil high cc is give good mileage and your are saying carb and injecter are the thing which effect mileage lol

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    ok brother let me clear my self you think only better carb can give better mileage lets take a example honda cd185/cd200 almost similar bike same transmition same weight same tires same "carb" but even after that cd185 being a lesser cc bike give a mileage of 22-25km/l and cd200 give a mileage of 30-35km/l just because cd200 has a higher compression ratio let take an other cg classic euro2 being 99kg and piaggio being 117kg still cg give mileage of 45-50km/l while piaggio give a mileage of 55-60km/l even being 2cc more than cg I know 2cc is not much different but a bike being heavier and lil high cc is give good mileage and your are saying carb and injecter are the thing which effect mileage lol
    Bro read all the posts, you've misunderstood me ;-)

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •