Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default GS 150 Engine ruined 2nd time in a year

Assalam o Alaikum PW fellows.

I purchased myself a GS 150 last year in october. I used the bike for 12 kilometers a day for my office 5 days a week provided the weather was fine. At such a slow pace, it took me almost 3 months to complete the break in period. Inever crossed 40kmph during first 500 kms and 60-70 during the next 500 kms. I let the engine warm up before riding and also changed oil on early intervals.

I did not use the bike regularly during december, January and februay. In march I took it for an oil change and brought it back in service.

Thing were going well untill in May 2015, at 2100 kms I had to take a 30 km long ride on my bike, and as I reached back i heard an abnormal sharp metalic sound from the engine while idling. I took the bike to dealership and it was diagnosed as worn out piston rings. The cylinder block along with piston and rings had to be replaced.

As the mileage was still under 5000 kilometers i asked them to cover it under warranty but it was more than 6 months by couple of weeks so i had to pay for the parts and labour and as a favour they made a case of warranty claim and assured me that amount will be reimbursed in case the claims got accepted. So I paid around 12000 rupees in total.

I brought the bike with new engine and again started the break in period at 2200 kms. Changed first oil at 2400 kms and second at 2950 kms. But simce the last week I'm again hearing the same bad sound from the engine and it is dreading :-(

12000 rupees again on the parts replacement and all and no one bothered to give response on my first claim ..!

It is a sorry tale of pathetic build quality or poor workmanship, but lost the value i for the money I spent plus the dissatisfaction and disappointment.

Dear PW members, tell what should I do now as I can not spend the same amount again and the prospects of receiving any attention from Pak suzuki are diminishing as I am not living in a major city with their after sales offices. District Mianwali is equally far from lahore and Rawalpindi .

Querries and suggestions welcome.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    For want of modesty is want of sense.
    comsian.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qasimmalik View Post
    Assalam o Alaikum PW fellows.

I purchased myself a GS 150 last year in october. I used the bike for 12 kilometers a day for my office 5 days a week provided the weather was fine. At such a slow pace, it took me almost 3 months to complete the break in period. Inever crossed 40kmph during first 500 kms and 60-70 during the next 500 kms. I let the engine warm up before riding and also changed oil on early intervals.

I did not use the bike regularly during december, January and februay. In march I took it for an oil change and brought it back in service.

Thing were going well untill in May 2015, at 2100 kms I had to take a 30 km long ride on my bike, and as I reached back i heard an abnormal sharp metalic sound from the engine while idling. I took the bike to dealership and it was diagnosed as worn out piston rings. The cylinder block along with piston and rings had to be replaced.

As the mileage was still under 5000 kilometers i asked them to cover it under warranty but it was more than 6 months by couple of weeks so i had to pay for the parts and labour and as a favour they made a case of warranty claim and assured me that amount will be reimbursed in case the claims got accepted. So I paid around 12000 rupees in total.

I brought the bike with new engine and again started the break in period at 2200 kms. Changed first oil at 2400 kms and second at 2950 kms. But simce the last week I'm again hearing the same bad sound from the engine and it is dreading :-(

12000 rupees again on the parts replacement and all and no one bothered to give response on my first claim ..!

It is a sorry tale of pathetic build quality or poor workmanship, but lost the value i for the money I spent plus the dissatisfaction and disappointment.

Dear PW members, tell what should I do now as I can not spend the same amount again and the prospects of receiving any attention from Pak suzuki are diminishing as I am not living in a major city with their after sales offices. District Mianwali is equally far from lahore and Rawalpindi .

Querries and suggestions welcome.

Sad to know that you are suffering even after spending so much!

Your bike most probably has an unusual manufacturing fault!
    I can think of 2 issues, either your engine is not pumping oil to the head properly (Closed/blocked chambers that supply oil to engine head)

OR

Your Crankshaft bearings has play in it and that is causing excessive vibrations in the engine! Play in crankshaft means connecting rod is having irregular vibrations too & thats causing piston to rub against its walls. (My guess is this theory has more probability)

Please visit Suzuki's top largest authorised mechanic and claim centre

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is 110% your engine oil fault 21 months has gone GS is with me & Alhamdolilah its engine is rock solid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I suspect the oil circulation mechanism or the malaligned connecting rod due to a bad cshaft bearing

comsian.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any paksuzuki official here to help ?
    I plan to pursue the matter after eid holidays

comsian.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Until now i have used 3 suzuki new bikes but never face any kind of engine issue i accept quality issues are present in suzuki bikes but no copromise on engine. all suzuki bikes engines are rock solid may ALLAH the great solve your problem Ameen

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any paksuzuki official here to help ?
    I plan to pursue the matter after eid holidays

found this to be helpful : customercentre@paksuzuki.com.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@qasimmalik what is current status of your bike do you still hear a metallic sound on idling or you got it repaired? Me to facing a same problem in my GD 110, I hear a metallic sound most of times whenever I switch off engine. I could not even locate the source of that sound.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

U should have filed a case in consumer court they are always in the favour of the costumer

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ehsananwar View Post
    @qasimmalik what is current status of your bike do you still hear a metallic sound on idling or you got it repaired? Me to facing a same problem in my GD 110, I hear a metallic sound most of times whenever I switch off engine. I could not even locate the source of that sound.
    That sound at switching off is perfectly fine, I was troubled about the sound that was there in each n every stroke

comsian.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That sound at switching off is perfectly fine, I was troubled about the sound that was there in each n every stroke

How you got it solved?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
    Riding in fog should be avoided completely.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is a ctic type sound it comes from engine upper portion when you switch off engine or some times its also comes on idling state don,t be worry about it in every GD this sound is present
    Quote Originally Posted by ehsananwar View Post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Piston sized . Looks like oil pump issue . Their is a splash of oil underneath piston in a 4s engine to cool it . This splash is from small holes on con rod which I guess are clogged of your bike. Also the crank has a passage for oil aswell on clutch side that may also be clogged . Ask you mechanic to inspect these areas or visit babbar autos kameti chowk rwp
    legend will revive soon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List