Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki GS125 & GS150 New Model

Asalam-o-Alaykum,

Yesterday, I went to university road showroom of suzuki and have been told that Suzuki's GS150 and GS125 new models with discount of 9000 rs on GS125 and 6800 on GS150 will be arriving in a day or two with improved features of;

1. Crystal headlight.
    2. Changed backlight.
    3. Changed feul tank design.
    4. Revised CDI archetecture.

I tried to confirm it with other suzuki showroom on Akbar road and they say that they have no information on this and they are still selling old model (he mentioned word "old"). May be they are trying to get rid of the stock at hand first...

I believe that University road showroom was telling truth as he showed me the company's notification of the price of the bike and their comissions.. he said that he would have let me have it but he has just got it and will be sending someone to make copies of this.

So if any of u guys can confirm any news on this i would really apreciate it.. thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam to all GS 150 owners

I currently have a CG125(2003 model), i am the third owner.

I am facing a few problems like Vibration and it makes a weird noise while i release the clutch.

And the worst part is that i always feel myself searching for a 5th gear(since it jus has 4gears),

even thou my CG is already altered to a 16front-36rear sprockets).

I would like to ask you all (specially those who have kept a CG125 before.

Should i take the chance of buying this bike, cuz i want a brand new bike that i would keep for a while.

2ndly, i have heard abt ppl prefering the old one to the new one.

A little info on this would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Klipsch, Sound For Life!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had CG125 (round headlight) Japanese assembeld as first owner of my dad's, then had 95 model of my brother and really enjoyed it. I cant say about GS125, but really i would miss the 5th gear also. i have my GS150 for almost two years now as first owner and believe me now that i am about to get a car i am told to sell it, but i cant .. this bike has never everrrr let me down.. i m just puting in petrol and oil monthly with service washing montly and tuning every 5000 km and it is going smooth.. in case of riding.. i went to seaview on my bros CG125 and my butt was just so sore when i reached home that i had to stretch my legs to get comfortable and on GS150 i do that on weekends and stuff and never ever gets tiered.. even when i reach home i went out to get something from the market or something.. i use hevolin as i was getting too much engine noise with shell as well the bike was not reaching its peak velocity.. i was getting like 80-90 in 5th gear.. wiith hevoline i reached +115 and this month i have put in ZIC, it has tremendously smothen the engine and nore than 50% noise reduction.. feels like if the bike has not started yet.., but the back drop is that it also reaches on 80-90 km tops (without pushing hard i.e.). it is said that suzuki parts are expensive.. but i would go for those expensive one.. for exam after almost two years i changed indicators .. due to scratches.. and rubs in traffic.. they wer not broken though.. just scratches.. and i got them for rs 50 each.. now CG125 u will get for rs 30-35, but all it has is a bulb and a "chaandi ka warq" on it and one single minor hit can break it.. on the other hand GS's indicators when i opened really looked like someone has paid attention to it.. it is flexible with a tube not a bulb which was as good as new which i kept. all these two years i had three punctures.. all in front tyre.. but made by 2-3 inch nails.. well all in all.. i wont leave it till it leaves me .. that is the truth.. and one will only know especially the CG guys that when they dont have to visit mechanic every week, no tuning regularly, no maintainance almost.. they will realize that there is only one original bike left in market now a days... that is GS.. it has setbacks too.. but in pakistani market.. i think everything goes.. so u need to chose what is best for you and not for your mechanic..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Shehzie

Thanks for your help dear.

One question, wot are you comments on the Vibration aspect of this bike, and the road grip.

Cause if i ask the mechanics, they all prefer CG, but whenever i ask a GS owner, they say that its the best n no vibration & excellent road grip. Wot do u say?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mechanic will always consider his business first then your welfare, count the visits that u will make with your CG to the mechanic in a year and then compare wiht the GS. The vibration issue i have not seen personally.. my 86 CD70 was the the greatest vibrator of all which was bought on mechanic's advice in 30k put 30k to make it lush push and then after one month when the engine was seized i repaired it and sold it in 30k. the only one getting benifit from this was the mechanic.. now after i have GS i have nt seen his face in a long time.. two years probably...

I think that since it is 2003 model as you quote, it has been like 5-6 years and i think that is enough for a bike if it has brought u forward 5-6 years without problem that is a new thing suppose to do.. and as it has been in three hands, u cant say what they were using in terms of oil and maintainance.. i have seen people opeing up engine cork saying "yar bees ka oil daalna" so i think the bike has done enough already. if you go after these things that it is giving smoke.. its vibrating.. it is doing this and that then diffrent people will say diffrent things and all u will be doing is being played in hands of a mechanic.. i suggest u sell this one and get a new one.. pay once to suzuki company, what you are going to pay to mechanics in coming 3-4 years and relax for next 5 years and save yourself all the questions and all the topis that machanics are going to make u wear.. this is hhow it should be.. cry one time then every 5-6 months.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shehzie

CG-125 engine is regarded as the most reliable and maintenance free.

ppl name it as "bullet" and "indestructible". Why would any body need to go to mechanic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bike junkey, sorry if i have hurt u or something, but i m comparing new GS with old CG as brother viper was asking for advice, new is new no doubt regardless CG or GS. yes CG is "bullet and industistructable" and we should send it to the moon.. haha.. one thing that japan has given us in 80s and still dragged along. the world has changed i think we all should too.

I have four CGs in my family brother still and one GS and everyone has offered me alhumdulillah to sell him when i should.. so no need to argue what is the best .. i think what works for you is the best.. simple... now a days with more theft specially of CG that and not the same quaility as it used to be with the weight noise in the new model and stuff.. it is better to buy something that there is less risk of theft, no tuning like in cg where they play wiht the carborator.. u dont have to touch the carborator in GS.. as well they just thorolugly clean GS as tuning..

in case of a mechanics.. all the four of my cousins with CG have fix mechanics in nazimabad and i dont.. haha.. i wonder why..

well i hope u go to the moon on your one.. best of luck brother..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

on other thing.. as i read somehwere... when your sitting on a tractor.. it means ur a farmer.. when ur sitting in cockpit of a plane it means ur a pilot, but when you are sitting on GC especially the modified ones it looks like one is going for gang war in liyaari..haha.... the intelectual, sober, office type, family people bikes are CG125 Delux, GS and one of the other chinese models .. very modest bikes..

its just an opinion.. :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bike junkey, sorry if i have hurt u or something, but i m comparing new GS with old CG as brother viper was asking for advice, new is new no doubt regardless CG or GS. yes CG is "bullet and industistructable" and we should send it to the moon.. haha.. one thing that japan has given us in 80s and still dragged along. the world has changed i think we all should too.

I have four CGs in my family brother still and one GS and everyone has offered me alhumdulillah to sell him when i should.. so no need to argue what is the best .. i think what works for you is the best.. simple... now a days with more theft specially of CG that and not the same quaility as it used to be with the weight noise in the new model and stuff.. it is better to buy something that there is less risk of theft, no tuning like in cg where they play wiht the carborator.. u dont have to touch the carborator in GS.. as well they just thorolugly clean GS as tuning..

in case of a mechanics.. all the four of my cousins with CG have fix mechanics in nazimabad and i dont.. haha.. i wonder why..

well i hope u go to the moon on your one.. best of luck brother..

Dont brag like u have been to moon on ur GS okay . I dont have any cg and dont like it personally but facts are facts and its a fact that cg-125 engine has no match. Technology-wise its engine is best as I read views on the net and its not hidden from any body. Its the most selling bike in 125cc category and u can find all kind of info about it on the net and all the manuals for maintenance.

The problem is with Atlas Honda if they are not bringing any changes or giving poor quality.

Let me tell u the fact.

Prior to Honda cg-125 (OHV) there was Honda cb-125 which had OHC technology like GS has but Honda switched to OHV because its engine was maintenace free and gained popularity so GS is not using any new technology rather its OHC model is older than Hond OHV technology.

You dont know the reason why mechanics play with Honda carbs and not with gs carbs. thats funny.

Try to find out and if u dont find any answer then ill tell u. okay.

and dont try to go to moon on your gs otherwise u may fall down ..... ok.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

on other thing.. as i read somehwere... when your sitting on a tractor.. it means ur a farmer.. when ur sitting in cockpit of a plane it means ur a pilot, but when you are sitting on GC especially the modified ones it looks like one is going for gang war in liyaari..haha.... the intelectual, sober, office type, family people bikes are CG125 Delux, GS and one of the other chinese models .. very modest bikes..

its just an opinion.. Suzuki GS125 & GS150 New Model - 1
    I think u could not convince ur brothers about that but I agree with u on this point. Even the sound its silencer makes is enough to not make it a choice for a decent person, but u know all its ++++ points.

I also bought a Ravi piaggio storm in March for the above reason but sold it because for me performance is everything. Now I am waiting for new model of cg or gs to make my mind.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shehzie

bro i agree with you, i am seriously tired of going to my mechanic every now and then. that is why i intend on getting a new bike altogethr

Bike snatching is also a concern for me,(that is why i have a Faislabad regstrd bike in KHI....lolx)

Bro could you advise on the grip issue. and high speed pulls.. Is it stable over 100km?

@bike_junky

Bro i am of the same opinion, Pakistan does not recv anything new, we always get outdated models, hence we are left to choose bw old crap. What would u suggest, cus my experience with this CG is turning out to be a bad and time wasting one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aray yar @bike junkie.. i m not a genius like you yar.. i m just a simple user.. know nothing technical about things, but definately know what is feasable with me.. simple..

i just like to see that an illeterate ustaad is not messing with my carborator that engineers have designed after years of research.. and working on a "yeh ker do to yeh ho jata hay" basis. i am not putting anyone down..every one have their skills.. but if u have skills then prove it and be inventive... you have said right that atlas honda has the problem.. may be abba nay bike introduce karai aur baytay ko company day ker retire ho gaay.. and now bayta has no interest.. hahah.. jo chal raha hay chalnay do..

and comon yar i want to go to my office every day relaxing at 60-70 km/h with no tension.. :-)

@viper

yar no worries abouut snaching of GS.. as according to bike junkie bhai the snatcher will snatch CG 125 rather due to its awsomeness.. haha..

and the grip.. u need to spend some 2k and get a 18 x 4 tyre and then no worries for 3-4 years.. grip is awsome .. specially if ur heavy like me.. but if ur like those CD70 guys which sometimes give u the impression if the bike is riding itself and no one is sitting on it then also GS has far better grip.. cos it can fit with big tyre unlike CG.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Shehzie

Lols, Bro i aint one of the skinny "blown with the wind" types. I am a healthy 82kgs.

Will be going to Suzuki Frere Road on Saturday to get the formalities done God willingly.

Where did u get yours from?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

haha.. i m 98kg, means more grip.. i winnnn...

well for the history u have to read the same topic from the begining. as well u will find things to keep in mind when going to book one..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki GS125 & GS150 New Model -1012900

Suzuki GS125 & GS150 New Model -1012901

Suzuki GS125 & GS150 New Model -1012902

This is the FAT grip that speaks for it self. GS150 Fat Tyre

put out the carrier and mudguard .. just to have a full look at it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Bike Junky

You Are saying that GS has Old Tech that is SOHC Engine And CG has Better OHV...let me teel you cg is just a crap and nothing ...u ever heard of Dual over head cams ..may be ..Like DOHC ...Yes in Suzuki engine you cant Put 4 Valves coz of SOHC but in OHV you cant ..OHV is the technology of late 70s..my Friend.. I Like Acceleration + Speed ...

EVER See Engine OF YAMAHA ANd Suzuki As WEll As kawasaki 125s Wait 4 Yamahas 125s In Coming Years Then We wil see what is the rocket as yamaha are planing to get inn 2010...Enjoy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ kingabsar... cheetah.. really nice info..

@ bike junkie .. here is a technical person for you.. reply him.. hahah..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Shezie

I Have Booked My GS150 and It Will Reach in 20 days time..thanks for your compliments

You Have a Really Nice MONSTER And Well Maintained ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@kingabsar .

thanks .. i m currenlty in process of getting front disc placed.. but waiting to get some extra cash for that.. then i can only say that the bike will be totally finished..

will be looking forward for your info on new models of yamaha .. i hope it is like z16 or somethin..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Bike Junky

You Are saying that GS has Old Tech that is SOHC Engine And CG has Better OHV...let me teel you cg is just a crap and nothing ...u ever heard of Dual over head cams ..may be ..Like DOHC ...Yes in Suzuki engine you cant Put 4 Valves coz of SOHC but in OHV you cant ..OHV is the technology of late 70s..my Friend.. I Like Acceleration + Speed ...

EVER See Engine OF YAMAHA ANd Suzuki As WEll As kawasaki 125s Wait 4 Yamahas 125s In Coming Years Then We wil see what is the rocket as yamaha are planing to get inn 2010...Enjoy
    @kingabsar

What ever you say you can not deny what all the world says. Read on net. confirm with ppl. Even I can give u a thousand sources about its engine reliability. ur cg might be crap because it was old.i never said that OHV is better than OHC but told that Honda cb-125 came earlier than cg-125 and cb has OHC engine so OHV is not older than OHC understand. dont let me write all the pros and cons of both engines because I dont have time for that.

Here is a link for u:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Honda/Honda-CG125-1975-current/

ten million commuters worldwide.

Even harley davidson v-twin engines use OHV.

Twin Cam 88 engines - Manufactured starting in 1999. The Twin Cam gets its name from the fact that it has two cams in the crankcase to activate the valves. At 88 cubic inches (1,450 cc) of displacement, it is the largest production Harley motorcycle engine, and it produces 80 horsepower. The engine remains air-cooled, and uses overhead valves activated by pushrods. The 88B version of the engine, which came out in 2000, contains counterbalancing shafts to reduce engine vibration

So the end result is that u cant deny whats said by the whole world. GS-150 is good and I may also buy one but u will see cg for ever because its engine is a masterpiece.

For comfort u only need to install better quality and soft shocks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shazie

bro u maintain it just like me.see that.

Suzuki GS125 & GS150 New Model -1012909

but see my beast i have now a days.

Suzuki GS125 & GS150 New Model -1012910

basically now i have put a fat tyre these pics r bit old.
    DAVIL MAY CRY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

User Tag List