1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Facts About Suzuki SWIFT- Plz read

@ALL, although there are many threads related to suzuki swift, i wanted to make one more so that the information could be provided to all:

Firstly, Allow me to clear this miss-conception which is there among masses that the spares provided by Pak Suzuki such as imported tyres,rims etc etc would be changed in the future...As it is,it would not be changed...The cars brought earlier do have better quality than the older ones and we learned it from automobile history of Pakistan...

I hereby DONOT intend to defend Pak-suzuki in anyway but what i do believe is that fact and figures should not be kept hidden..

Talking to the senior managers of the company i can with confidence say that although cars do drop quality with time, but this would not be in case of the new suzuki swift...The reason pointed out was that Pak suzuki wants to move towards making improved brand image which will only happen if they provide better quality cars than before...

According to the senior managers this is the reason they brought APV, JIMNEY AND XL-7 into the market (lets not debate about the pricing issue here cuz its a diff thing)...PPl who own theze cars are very much satisfied...

Swift was brought just to continue the work on brand improvement....whether it sells or not, whether its liked or not, its not the main concern here, wht company wnts to achieve is ppl now shud atleast take one step in to trust their work... i know WE still have many differences...

But ppl who have bought swift know tht they havent made a mistake...
    and once this is achieved from the masses then only the roads for bigger suzuki cars be opened in pakistan such as KIZASHI, GRAND-VITARA etc etc becuz these r expensive vehicles and you cant sell them unless ppl trust the work...

I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF POSTS MADE BY MEMBERS OF PAKWHEELS REGARDING PRIVATE BOOKING OF SUZUKI AND THEN RELATING IT TO THE STRATEGY OF THE COMPANY OF CREATING A FALSE PRICE...

People its my humble request to all that to plz refrain from these statments as it generates some non-factual Myths which in-turn causes harm to many...

Ppl who do want an answer to the above mentioned practice is:

Paksuzuki sells more than 100 000 vehicles per year and according to company statistics, it has more than 58 percent share in the market...this is achieved through ppl who book the vehicles personally and through investors who book cars and then sell it on premium(We all know about it)..Pak suzuki have recently been a victim of tax collecting authorities such as CBR AND FBR.... The reason is that investors used to book large number of cars through various NTN certificates...NTN belonged to diff ppl who gave them to the investor becuz either they were their relatives or either it was some other reason...now we all know that premiums in pakistan stuck the max limit in 2005/2006 going upto 120 000 in cars like mehran...An investor selling 20 cars a month earning millions got away from paying tax as there was no prove tht the car was bought and sold by him as he used NTN of others who were either poor enough to pay tax or rich enough to escape it...

So CBR restricted suzuki from giving private bookings.... and bookings made by company wud make them liable to pay tax as transactions wud be visible in the accounts...

I dont want to comment about the competition of swift in our market but just wanted to clear certain rumors...

I hope tht Pak suzuki maintains its new mission throughout and we hopefully see a better future of Automobiles tommorow...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^^
    so u must then know the actual difference in the body structure....is there any???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TrueEye View Post
    there's no such thing as a thai camry.. thats a re-badged toyota aurion - sold here in Aus alongside the regular camry...
    ya ure rite rebadged, please dont make it final unless ure not sure.

mayb its also being sold in other markets with different names, but in the asian market its know as the Thai Camry

check out these links for reference.

Toyota Camry Hybrid

in case ure thinking it only the Camry hybrid, heres the thai camry 2.4L

Toyota Camry 2.4 / 2.0

and the Thai Camry 3.5L

Toyota Camry 3.5Q

and heres the aurion to. this is a google pic so i dont noe wat markets its being sold.

Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ivo_SX6_01.jpg

some wikipedia.

The Toyota Aurion, (pronounced or-ree-on) is a mid-size car produced by Toyota in Australia and parts of Asia since 2006. The Aurion, given the model designation GSV40R,[1] is essentially a Toyota Camry (GSV40) with revised front- and rear-end treatment, along with changes to the interior. The Camry-based Aurion is also sold in the majority of East and Southeast Asia as the Toyota Camry, with the original version of the Camry sold alongside the Aurion in Australasia and the Middle East. In the previous two markets, the car replaces the Avalon model, which can trace its roots back to the early 1990s.
    In the Australasian and Middle Eastern markets, to further differentiate the Aurion from its Camry sibling, Toyota equips the Aurion exclusively with a 3.5 litre V6 engine. With the Camry, only the 2.4 litre four-cylinder model is offered.[2][3] Previously in these markets, prior to the introduction of the Camry (ACV40/GSV40), Toyota had offered both four- and a six-cylinder powerplants.[4] Along with the naturally-aspirated version, Toyota also produced an Australia-only supercharged TRD Aurion between 2007 and 2009. Tuned by Toyota Racing Development (TRD), this performance variant was at its release claimed to be the world's most powerful front-wheel drive car.[5]
    The powertrains used in the Asian specification Camry vary slightly from those of the Aurion. As well as the 3.5 litre V6, two four-cylinder engines are offered in either 2.0 litre or a 2.4 litre form. These engines are mated with a six-, four- and five-speed automatic transmissions respectively.[6]
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dude I already know that stuff.. what I really meant was that calling it a Thai camry would actually amount to taking the credit away from Aus, since the car has been exclusively designed and developed as Aurion in Aus and was initially only meant for the Australasian market - subsequently making its way into other markets...

So it doesn't make any sense calling it a thai camry per se... The civic which atlas honda sell you guys wouldn't be referred to as a pakistani civic in any part of the world just because it is sold there.. or will it?
    What have you been grateful for today..?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dude I already know that stuff.. what I really meant was that calling it a Thai camry would actually amount to taking the credit away from Aus, since the car has been exclusively designed and developed as Aurion in Aus and was initially only meant for the Australasian market - subsequently making its way into other markets...

So it doesn't make any sense calling it a thai camry per se... The civic which atlas honda sell you guys wouldn't be referred to as a pakistani civic in any part of the world just because it is sold there.. or will it?
    once again, its actualy known as the thai camry, similarly as a Thai Honda Accord, but yes the same car is being marketed as Aurion in the australian market, this doesnt means its not a Thai Camry.

these Camries are being marketed as Camry's in that region so it actualy makes it that way.

about Civic being Pakistani, well that Civic is also being sold in the Japan, and Asian markets, and not only in the Pakistani market. And Honda Pakistan follows, and imports products from thailand rather then Japan.

The recent Toyota Imported cars, being offered by Indus motors are all Indonesia imports.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^^ @
    chinyoti<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2094597", true); </SCRIPT>
    i see u have good knowledge.....dude help me out here a little....i booked a civic vti oriel manual{reborn} and will get the car on 3rd march inshAllah....before booking one i talked to senior manager of honda atlas regarding new model of civic and he said tht there will be no changes this year....so becuz of tht i didnt wait any longer and booked one...but yesterday i opened hondas website and found the rims of car being different and alongside the msg being written "rising spirit" which is used for thai civic 2010...i just want to ask KIA NAYA MODEL A GAYA HAI KIYA???? and also if it has arrived, will i get the previous one or the new one, nd also i heared kai honda is increasing prices aswell....is it true?????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the website doesnt has local civics pics. thats the most weiredest part. i mean wat wrong with that? cant they take some pics and put em up...

im not sure about the dates of the new model, but the new model (face lift) is out in almost all markets including India. the changes are very minor,

front bumper, and grill, (19-20)
    mayb headlights to (19-20)

rear lights mei jo reflector circle hai usko hexagonical kerdya hai. the changes are probably un-noticable, but rumours say the price wud go upto 20, and theyll add Cruise control and reverse sensors,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Facts About Suzuki SWIFT- Plz read -42267 Facts About Suzuki SWIFT- Plz read -42268

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    The recent Toyota Imported cars, being offered by Indus motors are all Indonesia imports.
    so that would then entitle those imports to a prefix of Indonesia too.. right?

e.g. Indonesia-prado, indonesia-fortuner, indonesia-terios and so forth.. good
    What have you been grateful for today..?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alimalik View Post
    ^^^^ @
    chinyoti<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2094597", true); </script>
    i see u have good knowledge.....dude help me out here a little....i booked a civic vti oriel manual{reborn} and will get the car on 3rd march inshAllah....before booking one i talked to senior manager of honda atlas regarding new model of civic and he said tht there will be no changes this year....so becuz of tht i didnt wait any longer and booked one...but yesterday i opened hondas website and found the rims of car being different and alongside the msg being written "rising spirit" which is used for thai civic 2010...i just want to ask KIA NAYA MODEL A GAYA HAI KIYA???? and also if it has arrived, will i get the previous one or the new one, nd also i heared kai honda is increasing prices aswell....is it true?????
    guess you totally ignored my previous post...some hard hitting questions for sure so its understandable, but if you're trying to clear Suzukis image it would help if u answered. Anyway the pics on honda website do not match the specs of the cars sold here. If you look carefully you will find that Honda city has fog lamps and alloys on Honda's website.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so that would then entitle those imports to a prefix of Indonesia too.. right?

e.g. Indonesia-prado, indonesia-fortuner, indonesia-terios and so forth.. good
    Dude what ure not trying to understand is that the Thai camry and Thai Accord is being sold as Camry only in that market. (singapore doesnt makes cars they import them that y u can see all models side by side there) and thats the reason u stated that car as being Australian Aurion, while its only being sold or marketed as the Aurion in that market only. which makes it the Australian Aurion

and the google/wikipedia i quoted stated that its the same camry with front and back changes, and a engine change to distinguish it in Australia. because the 2.0/2.4 and 3.5L variants are avalible in the Thailand Market.

While the Civic, or the indonesian prado wagera are being sold as similar names around the globe except for some countries.

thats y u have a JDM spec Civic and USDM spec Civic

a Thai Spec Accord/ Camry and JDM/USDM spec Accord/Camry.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for wht u said about the sales in the market and market share 58%
    dude this is just because paksuzuki has its monopoly in the market
    and remember that its the only company giving some 0.8 L and 1.0L Cars with not the best but ok quality
    dude i am also using suzuki i have already used cultus liana mehran and alto
    and all i can say is engine wise its not that reliable. Body and interior looks are horrible
    and whtats with the swift issue its already been launched late in pakistan as the suzuki swift is quite old model in the international market
    swift is about to expire in rest of world and wolla here comes paksuzuki with its new model !! Fell young with almost more than 5 years old car and feel like an idiot
    Adolf Hitler Said: "I suggest that u do war instead of love bcoz in war u either live or die. But in Love neither u live nor u die.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pak-Suzuki increases car prices
    By Aamir Shafaat Khan
    Thursday, 04 Mar, 2010
    <!-- STORY TOOL -->

<!-- STORY TOOL -->
    <!-- BODY TEXT -->KARACHI, March 3: Pak Suzuki Motor Company Limited (PSMCL) has increased the price of its newly introduced Swift car by Rs50,000 to Rs1,049,000 from Rs999,999.

On Feb 23, Indus Motor Company (IMC), the makers of Toyota Corolla cars, had raised prices of Corolla Xli by Rs20,000, GLi by Rs30,000 and above 1,800cc and other variants.

PSMCL’s GM Marketing Ashfaq Hussain linked the price hike to yen appreciation against various currencies which pushed up cost of imported parts.

He said Swift contains almost 80 per cent Japanese parts, so its cost of production is also very high.

The company, he said, had not passed on the full impact of Yen appreciation to consumers and is still absorbing a larger portion.

He claimed that to offset substantial loss, the company had increased the prices.

Swift production was started in October 2009 by rolling out five units followed by 92 units in November 2009.

In December 2009, 176 units were produced and sales stood at only two units.

He said January to February 2010 sales of new car were recorded at around 1,100 units. He added that since the engine is a new technology, its cost of production is very high right now. Work on its localisation is going on and it would take some time to increase the content of locally made parts and accessories.

Ashfaq said overall car sales may show some positive trends in months to come as buyers have entered markets, especially form rural Punjab after good crop of wheat, rice, cotton etc.

“In January and February 2010, share of car financing by banks inched up from 20 per cent since some banks have become active in consumer financing,” he said, adding cash and corporate buying has also improved.

Market sources said authorized dealers of all manufacturers are openly charging premium on cars after getting some good response.

Many investors had also plunged in the markets. Growers after harvesting good crops were in a hurry to lift cars on cash even they had to pay extra money on spot buying to the authorized dealers. According to figures of Federal Bureau of Statistics (FBS), import of CKD kits for motor cars in July-January 2009-2010 surged to $238 million as compared to $152.5 million, up by 56 per cent. It means that assemblers have enough orders in hand for onward sale in upcoming months.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^SUZUKI GM claiming localization will naturally occur while poster claiming it will not occur...no offense to the poster but it is better not to post unconfirmed information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Gm (general motors) has withdrawn its share in the Suzuki. the Gm here i guess stands for General manager?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^yes. paksuzuki's general manager.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mehranferrari<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2144339", true); </SCRIPT>

sir just point out any line where i said that localization would not take place....before commenting, plz read clearly wht is written....i said paksuzuki wud try to maintain quality in swift...whether they keep on imported parts or switch them wid local ones...the issue here is QUALITY...even honda has localized parts in it, but they try to maintain its quality...and this is what suzuki is trying to do here...

About certain parts like rims as an example...it is higly unlikely tht they wud change it...other than tht it has nothing big in it which can be changed to effect it asthetics...apart from one thing i guess..TYRES...which were changed in honda aswell...well lets see in the future wht happens and then debate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

plus the website for swift

Suzuki Swift

they have built the website very nice i guess....do look at it in detail...this is something new again from Pak suzuki...

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Swift is a failure here in Pakistan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Milk.... we dont even get pure milk in this country.

Man we are providing pure milk. dont be fully negative man
    Karachi main behtren quality ka milk mil rha hai. aap aa jaoyahan Karachi walun ki qismt sub say acha milk yahan available hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alimalik View Post
    plus the website for swift

Suzuki Swift

they have built the website very nice i guess....do look at it in detail...this is something new again from Pak suzuki...
    I agree. The website is well designed but the price in your market for this car has killed an otherwise fine vehicle intended for the masses.
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List