Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My Experience of the new Swift

Hi there,
    I'm sure that there are a lot of mixed views about domestic cars here but my experience with the new swift has been amazing. we bought it a few weeks ago and i have been enjoying every second of it.
    it has some excellent features and has a comfort level which can definitely be compared to the local saloon cars. its acceleration is amazing and thank god it has ABS too, which works perfectly well.
    i'm attaching some pix of the best features of the Swift which i love. enjoy

first of all, the odometer. it has a drivers seat belt warning light which blinks continuously until the driver puts his seatbelt on.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018603

JVC cd/cassette player. it has an auxillary input which is very useful for ipod connectivity
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018604

electric doors and mirrors.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018605

rear ashtray can come out.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018606
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018607

rear seats have headrests and seat belts.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018608

and they can be folded too
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018609

and by removing the rear shelf, there is a lot of space. as the rear shelf is not attached to anything(like in the cultus) it can easily be removed
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018610
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018611

theres no keyhole for the boot nor is there any lever which the driver can pull to open it. instead the boot handle has a button which can be pressed to open it. and it can be opened only when the doors r unlocked, even if the car is on

My Experience of the new Swift -1018613

there are 4 speakers, all of them are in the doors. the sound quality is very good.And they have a good bass.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018614

rear legroom is ample and 4 people can sit very comfortably
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018615

the clock, which has a weird "fake" immobilizer light which blinks when the car is off. the manual says that its function is to deter robbers. I say its pointless.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018616
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018617
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018618

the a/c of this car is awesome, and the vents r pretty cool too. they can be closed and rotated in all directions
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018619

it has fog lights too. which makes the front of the car look less "blank"
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018620
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018621

the radio antenna.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018622

the back light.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018623

keyless entry. u have to press the unlock button twice to unlock all doors, otherwise only the drivers door is unlocked. the suzuki people give 2 such keys and one simple key.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018624

bridgestone tyres and alloys. ABS comes as standard.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018625

and now the things i dont really like about the car

the rear lights will take some getting used to. they are all over the place!
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018626

there are scratches near the door handles already. i guess its because of the paint.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018627

overall, the family loves this car. i think that the price tag is justifiable for a 1300cc fully loaded hatch back. i'm glad that we didnt go for an imported car. I wish it had airbags, but then again beggars can be choosy.. atleast it has ABS

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    I saw a different Swift in FSD once- Driver brought the car in and apparently the gears were messed up. They were either too hard or if I can remember correctly, only first and third worked... They had to change the whole gear thingy which connects the gears.

I still cannot understand how it only managed to drive 63,000km on OEM clutch:/
    for us the problem started just last night when we could smell something burning. otherwise we had no issues changing gears. the mechanic actually said that if you can change gears slowly with gradual acceleration you can make it last even longer. however i disagreed and asked him to replace everything's thats broken and i dont want even a whiff of that horrible smell again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nfssaad View Post
    its overpriced crappy quality shitzuki
    yes, it's overpriced and crappy. not gonna argue there after giving such a detailed thread explaining why it's not

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by epigenius View Post
    how much did the 40k service costs in total
    a routine service and tuning costs around 6k
    this includes air filter, oil, oil filter, a/c filter, spark plugs changing .. throttle body cleaning, brake pads servicing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Khan_Saab View Post
    Yara 30k ka tu humari mehran ka pura new engine aa jata ha
    or ye swift itni jaldi kharab bhi ho gayi
    bro read post 169

i can't write the same explanation thrice

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any car will have issues if not driven carefully. The poster clearly said that it was human fault and still people are bashing the company.

@OP

Buy Swift automatic, we have one its performance is quite nice.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imrankhan1984 View Post
    Any car will have issues if not driven carefully. The poster clearly said that it was human fault and still people are bashing the company.
    Thank you bro. Despite our posts about what happened I'm sure someone will post another silly comment like 'yaar swift ke maintenance tou Mercedes say bhi zyada expensive hai' :p

Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    for us the problem started just last night when we could smell something burning. otherwise we had no issues changing gears. the mechanic actually said that if you can change gears slowly with gradual acceleration you can make it last even longer. however i disagreed and asked him to replace everything's thats broken and i dont want even a whiff of that horrible smell again
    Burnt smell has something to do with the clutch. When ever I redline it in first 3 gears, I can smell a tiny bit as well
    And salute to you for replacing everything properly with proper parts
    Otherwise another thread " yar wich cheapest clutch plate for swift" lol.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The only problem with this car is that it has been manufactured by a company which in Pakistan has a history of making substandard cars. My experience with Cultus was very bad. I bought it new and after only 5 years and 100,000 Km the water leaked on the motorway and the engine seized. My family had to face a miserable time and lot of inconvenience. Now I stay miles away from any locally manufactured Suzuki.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Burnt smell has something to do with the clutch. When ever I redline it in first 3 gears, I can smell a tiny bit as well
    And salute to you for replacing everything properly with proper parts
    Otherwise another thread " yar wich cheapest clutch plate for swift" lol.
    lol... and then after a few weeks: swift has stalled, what to do?... a few more weeks later : "almost brand new swift for sale"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shabbir233 View Post
    The only problem with this car is that it has been manufactured by a company which in Pakistan has a history of making substandard cars. My experience with Cultus was very bad. I bought it new and after only 5 years and 100,000 Km the water leaked on the motorway and the engine seized. My family had to face a miserable time and lot of inconvenience. Now I stay miles away from any locally manufactured Suzuki.
    on the other hand my experience with the cultus had been great.. i kept it from 2000 to 2007, bought it for 450,000 and sold it for 425,000.. drove it on petrol for something like 150,000 kms. it never stalled except for an a/c issue after which we sold it and bought a swift.
    it was meticulously maintained through paksuzuki motors and served us well.

my point here is : pakistani cars are all the same, any initial issues can be resolved if you've the right contacts- which everyone should have given that there are quality glitches in our locally manufactured cars. however, after that its all upto you.
    i could've avoided replacing this clutch. then i would've complained that swifts quality sucks,etc.

if you go to the official dealer on even the smallest problem, your car will last you for atleast a decade.
    no offence bro, but its the owner who makes a difference to the reliability of the car, not the company

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@omer575 Sir i am a silent reader of your thread since you brought it as i myself liked swift v.much best part of this lilmonster is its acceleration drove the swift of one of my reletives just for checking its acceleration and in first gear it went on 55-60kmph like a breeze tested it till 2gear only and it went till 80kmph on 2gear then i have to slow down because of the traffic.I must say its a lil monster paksuzuki has done a great job this time.Apart from acceleration it has excellent ABS breaks in its class btw much better than a corolla and i liked its stiff suspenstions because its make the swift handling more swifty when cutting through the corners overall loved it.But i simply dont know why people says that hondas and toyotas are v.good cars and so on and swift quailty is crap btw typical pakistani mentality those who say all this dosent even sat in swift.Its a best car till now from paksuzuki. And loved your thread a very honest and unbised review.
    GOODLUCK

Sent from my GT-S5360 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by altisdualvvti View Post
    @omer575 Sir i am a silent reader of your thread since you brought it as i myself liked swift v.much best part of this lilmonster is its acceleration drove the swift of one of my reletives just for checking its acceleration and in first gear it went on 55-60kmph like a breeze tested it till 2gear only and it went till 80kmph on 2gear then i have to slow down because of the traffic.I must say its a lil monster paksuzuki has done a great job this time.Apart from acceleration it has excellent ABS breaks in its class btw much better than a corolla and i liked its stiff suspenstions because its make the swift handling more swifty when cutting through the corners overall loved it.But i simply dont know why people says that hondas and toyotas are v.good cars and so on and swift quailty is crap btw typical pakistani mentality those who say all this dosent even sat in swift.Its a best car till now from paksuzuki. And loved your thread a very honest and unbised review.
    GOODLUCK

Thanks Bro. Actually it's not their fault. It's hard to believe that the company that has been giving us useless cars is offering a good hatchback. Even I was skeptical when my family was buying the swift in 2010. I expected it to be a failure like liana ( rad its bad reviews on this forum, I don't know how it actually is). I thought the power windows would die in a few days and I actually wanted my family to buy a manual windows car (which wasn't available)
    But when I drove it, I kept driving it. I was amazed at what they had done.
    But you've to understand what paksuzuki has done to us.. They've been giving useless cars since decades. Which is why people have the same image about swift.
    And it's our duty as car enthusiasts to tell our fellow pakwheelers what this car actually is.
    Yes, you may get a brand new swift with leaks from the boot and there may be other minor problems but take it to an open road. And floor it. And do donuts in it. Enjoy the feeling of a car that deserves to be the car of the world of many magazines. Yes, it doesn't have airbags and it doesn't have airbags or traction control. But in my opinion this is the best handling car ever to be built locally!
    Find my comment a bit of an exaggeration? Drive one! Not on a small road but an open road like the ring road! Even the light footed hypermilers will take it to 6500 rpm and try to smoke every other 1300cc car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Bro. Actually it's not their fault. It's hard to believe that the company that has been giving us useless cars is offering a good hatchback. Even I was skeptical when my family was buying the swift in 2010. I expected it to be a failure like liana ( rad its bad reviews on this forum, I don't know how it actually is). I thought the power windows would die in a few days and I actually wanted my family to buy a manual windows car (which wasn't available)
    But you've to understand what paksuzuki has done to us.. They've been giving useless cars since decades. Which is why people have the same image about swift.
    And it's our duty as car enthusiasts to tell our fellow pakwheelers what this car actually is.
    Yes, you may get a brand new swift with leaks from the boot and there may be other minor problems but take it to an open road. And floor it. And do donuts in it. Enjoy the feeling of a car that deserves to be the car of the world of many magazines. Yes, it doesn't have airbags and it doesn't have airbags or traction control. But in my opinion this is the best handling car ever to be built locally!
    Find my comment a bit of an exaggeration? Drive one! Not on a small road but an open road like the ring road! Even the light footed hypermilers will take it to 6500 rpm and try to smoke every other 1300cc car.

Well said. When i was going to buy the car, i was also skeptical but then i read the international reviews and i found that every reviewer in every part of the world simply loved it and then when i researched i found that it has won more than 60 awards including dozens of car of the year awards and it is one of best selling hatchback in the world, i decided to go for it, and that was the best decision i made. The drive and handling of the car is simply amazing and after doing 115,000 kms on it i am still in love with this and enjoy its drive every time i drive it. Our fellow PW people are mostly biased towards Honda, toyota but in my opinion the driving pleasure of swift is best in all local cars except Civic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+1 A cousin of mine who own this car has done 180kmph 2 times in karachi and he said the car is v.stable on that speed also and handles pretty well and about minor quailty issues its even present in hondas and toyota so not to worry.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Well said. When i was going to buy the car, i was also skeptical but then i read the international reviews and i found that every reviewer in every part of the world simply loved it and then when i researched i found that it has won more than 60 awards including dozens of car of the year awards and it is one of best selling hatchback in the world, i decided to go for it, and that was the best decision i made. The drive and handling of the car is simply amazing and after doing 115,000 kms on it i am still in love with this and enjoy its drive every time i drive it. Our fellow PW people are mostly biased towards Honda, toyota but in my opinion the driving pleasure of swift is best in all local cars except Civic.
    Sir you have driven 115,000 kms in 4 years thats pretty fast.It means you are enjoying swift alot apart from it what fuel economy you are getting now.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir you have driven 115,000 kms in 4 years thats pretty fast.It means you are enjoying swift alot apart from it what fuel economy you are getting now.
    13_15

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+1 A cousin of mine who own this car has done 180kmph 2 times in karachi and he said the car is v.stable on that speed also and handles pretty well and about minor quailty issues its even present in hondas and toyota so not to worry.
    I did 180 on Motorway as well, very stable. When I drove from Talagang-Jand-Pindigheb-Kohat-Darra, damn that experience with them zig zag roads

And its pretty fast as well
    I was very skeptical at first as well- Get a Xli or a Vitz, then i just thought YOLO and got the Swift.
    Amazing car. It has almost all the goodies and drives like a charm.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the thread is still runing like ur swift... post sm resent pics...

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I did 180 on Motorway as well, very stable. When I drove from Talagang-Jand-Pindigheb-Kohat-Darra, damn that experience with them zig zag roads

And its pretty fast as well
    I was very skeptical at first as well- Get a Xli or a Vitz, then i just thought YOLO and got the Swift.
    Amazing car. It has almost all the goodies and drives like a charm.
    The acceleration of this car attract youngsters like us alot its like a complete package with every things which one need in the car expect fuel economy its a gas gazzer my cousin who owns this car said that it gives him 10kmpl with a/c normalfoot and rpm under3 in karachi isent it to less because many of our pakwheelers fellows are getting v.good fuel economy from their swifts any tips for improving fuel economy will be highly appricated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    13_15

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
    Wow that great how u r getting this much average its with a/c or without a/c and any tips for the fuel economy u r getting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

User Tag List