Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My Experience of the new Swift

Hi there,
    I'm sure that there are a lot of mixed views about domestic cars here but my experience with the new swift has been amazing. we bought it a few weeks ago and i have been enjoying every second of it.
    it has some excellent features and has a comfort level which can definitely be compared to the local saloon cars. its acceleration is amazing and thank god it has ABS too, which works perfectly well.
    i'm attaching some pix of the best features of the Swift which i love. enjoy

first of all, the odometer. it has a drivers seat belt warning light which blinks continuously until the driver puts his seatbelt on.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018603

JVC cd/cassette player. it has an auxillary input which is very useful for ipod connectivity
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018604

electric doors and mirrors.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018605

rear ashtray can come out.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018606
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018607

rear seats have headrests and seat belts.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018608

and they can be folded too
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018609

and by removing the rear shelf, there is a lot of space. as the rear shelf is not attached to anything(like in the cultus) it can easily be removed
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018610
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018611

theres no keyhole for the boot nor is there any lever which the driver can pull to open it. instead the boot handle has a button which can be pressed to open it. and it can be opened only when the doors r unlocked, even if the car is on

My Experience of the new Swift -1018613

there are 4 speakers, all of them are in the doors. the sound quality is very good.And they have a good bass.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018614

rear legroom is ample and 4 people can sit very comfortably
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018615

the clock, which has a weird "fake" immobilizer light which blinks when the car is off. the manual says that its function is to deter robbers. I say its pointless.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018616
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018617
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018618

the a/c of this car is awesome, and the vents r pretty cool too. they can be closed and rotated in all directions
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018619

it has fog lights too. which makes the front of the car look less "blank"
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018620
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018621

the radio antenna.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018622

the back light.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018623

keyless entry. u have to press the unlock button twice to unlock all doors, otherwise only the drivers door is unlocked. the suzuki people give 2 such keys and one simple key.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018624

bridgestone tyres and alloys. ABS comes as standard.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018625

and now the things i dont really like about the car

the rear lights will take some getting used to. they are all over the place!
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018626

there are scratches near the door handles already. i guess its because of the paint.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018627

overall, the family loves this car. i think that the price tag is justifiable for a 1300cc fully loaded hatch back. i'm glad that we didnt go for an imported car. I wish it had airbags, but then again beggars can be choosy.. atleast it has ABS

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had a vitz sold it in 2 months had alot of issues daily used to go to workshop all accidented vitz come in pak cox new vitz is aroound 19 lakh

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by carlover11 View Post
    I had a vitz sold it in 2 months had alot of issues daily used to go to workshop all accidented vitz come in pak cox new vitz is aroound 19 lakh

Yeah most people don't have a good experience . But some are lucky and get a good car at a reasonable price. It's a risk.
    I'm still in favor of buying a brand new car - preferably locally made so that parts are available.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes cox there is no value for money you get a crap car in 1.5 million with 80k+on the odo and a major accident and all u get is airbag which no1 has ever used i really laugh on these vitz fanboys they r just like apple fanboys

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes cox there is no value for money you get a crap car in 1.5 million with 80k+on the odo and a major accident and all u get is airbag which no1 has ever used i really laugh on these vitz fanboys they r just like apple fanboys

Things are not as simple as you state. You can't blame people for purchasing vitz, everyone would want to purchase a new car at a good price but we don't have that option due to mafia of local auto assemblers.

Swift is great car but Paksuzuki has mad a lot of cost cutting in the local assembled version. (there are so many things they have removed from PKDM version - UV Glass, Cabin Light, Rear Wiper and Washer, Airbags, Pretension with force limiters, No of Body protection bars, VVT)

For almost the first 2.5 years there was no availability of automatic variant. And yes it's a newer car but one cannot ignore the fact that they have introduced a car after it has been replaced in all other countries in the world. Paksuzuki is trying to treat Pakistani Market as a dumping ground. And now when five years have passed they have no intention of replacing Swift leave swift even mehran, bolan, ravi, and cultus are not being replaced. If you read the news Paksuzuki is going to the extent of modifying our auto policy to restrict new assemblers, quality and safety standards, and model replacement time frames.

And airbags are life savers and should be mandatory. Let's not be biased against any particular brand and think from a rational perspective. They are mandatory is most auto assembling countries now.

There are pros of swift no doubt - new, warranty, good drive, immobilizer, etc.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehranferrari View Post
    Things are not as simple as you state. You can't blame people for purchasing vitz, everyone would want to purchase a new car at a good price but we don't have that option due to mafia of local auto assemblers.

Swift is great car but Paksuzuki has mad a lot of cost cutting in the local assembled version. (there are so many things they have removed from PKDM version - UV Glass, Cabin Light, Rear Wiper and Washer, Airbags, Pretension with force limiters, No of Body protection bars, VVT)

For almost the first 2.5 years there was no availability of automatic variant. And yes it's a newer car but one cannot ignore the fact that they have introduced a car after it has been replaced in all other countries in the world. Paksuzuki is trying to treat Pakistani Market as a dumping ground. And now when five years have passed they have no intention of replacing Swift leave swift even mehran, bolan, ravi, and cultus are not being replaced. If you read the news Paksuzuki is going to the extent of modifying our auto policy to restrict new assemblers, quality and safety standards, and model replacement time frames.

And airbags are life savers and should be mandatory. Let's not be biased against any particular brand and think from a rational perspective. They are mandatory is most auto assembling countries now.

There are pros of swift no doubt - new, warranty, good drive, immobilizer, etc.
    there is no use of uv glass airbag or rear wiper? Seriously yaar its not even accesory swift does comes in auto... Tbh vitz if launched brandnew is better car than swift no doubt... If u ask me to choose between brandnew vitz and swift i wud go with vitz but now I went for swift cox its brandnew i dnt want a car which stops in middle of the road and than i waste all day finding its part the purpose of car is lost ryt there on the spot.... So vitz is a tough choice in used car i wud rather go for gli used or xli cox its better option

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there is no use of uv glass airbag or rear wiper? Seriously yaar its not even accesory swift does comes in auto... Tbh vitz if launched brandnew is better car than swift no doubt... If u ask me to choose between brandnew vitz and swift i wud go with vitz but now I went for swift cox its brandnew i dnt want a car which stops in middle of the road and than i waste all day finding its part the purpose of car is lost ryt there on the spot.... So vitz is a tough choice in used car i wud rather go for gli used or xli cox its better option

It's your personal view I am just stating the facts to you and how the global auto industry works. Airbagsare considered critical for passenger safety and in many countries assembling or selling cars without airbags is illegal. This is one major reason why local assembled cars cars have no export potential. Swift is a good car but the model in Pakistan is obsolete and does not offer the same features as the car offered when it was launched in other markets in 2004-5. And yes UV glass has several benefits cars with them do not heat up as much when parked in direct sunlight. Furthermore it protects interior from damage as well and from harmful rays of the sun to human skin. The Japanese, American, Germans and other countries are not foolish that they are following safety and emission standards for no reason.

We are no longer living in an era of isolation. The world is becoming increasingly globalized. You should get what you pay for. Paksuzuki is dumping obsolete cars here. We have negligible auto exports today due to low quality and standards of our cars. We are faced with competition from countries like India, Malaysia, Thailand and China in auto exports which are progressing rapidly in automotive technology.

Our workforce has great potential but these Japanese companies are not transferring technology to their local subsidiaries. Suzuki is focusing on making India it's next automotive export hub and has least interest in further investing in Pakistan.

Yes and I mentioned it has its advantages of being new with warranty and spares availability.

You can purchase whichever car you want but please do respect other people's opinion here who look for safety in local cars and are unable to find it and hence are forced to choose from used imports. If we had good quality local modern vehicles with safety features no one would buy used JDMs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good points i respect ut opinion. Good post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got my car detailed from suzuki master motors. I gave them my car yesterday and they returned it back today morning.

Total cost of interior, exterior detailing- 8,000 rs. They also took the seats out and cleaned them

It looks so shiny that we have fallen in love with it again and have decided not to sell it this year

My Experience of the new Swift -1612285

My Experience of the new Swift -1612286

My Experience of the new Swift -1612287

My Experience of the new Swift -1612288

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    I got my car detailed from suzuki master motors. I gave them my car yesterday and they returned it back today morning.

Total cost of interior, exterior detailing- 8,000 rs. They also took the seats out and cleaned them

It looks so shiny that we have fallen in love with it again and have decided not to sell it this year

Give us some more pictures!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Omar master motors acha haai yaa sethi motors main sethi pah jata hooon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Omar master motors acha haai yaa sethi motors main sethi pah jata hooon

Sethi motors

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aik aur bhee hai maulana shaukat ali road pah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

detailing kya hoti he

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

got the car washed and polished too. please tell the service guys NOT to wash the underneath of the car with diesel . even the suzuki wash guys do this. strange.
    why NOT wash the underneath with diesel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelkhan View Post
    why NOT wash the underneath with diesel
    never do that.
    you will end up destroying all ruber,bushes,seals underneath the car.
    as diesel eat up rubber parts.
    rather get undercoating done from a proffesional.
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    never do that.
    you will end up destroying all ruber,bushes,seals underneath the car.
    as diesel eat up rubber parts.
    rather get undercoating done from a proffesional.
    to ye jo service stations main car uper utha kar neeche diesel marte hain spray se, ye theek nahi? i heard that it saves rusting

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelkhan View Post
    to ye jo service stations main car uper utha kar neeche diesel marte hain spray se, ye theek nahi? i heard that it saves rusting
    yes it may save you from rusting.
    but the damages it will create will be more than rust
    as i mentioned above that rubber plastics etc etc will be affected with it,
    also it will catch alot of dust after a few days of applying so better to avoid it and instead gofor underbody coating.
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This thread is just too good for words ... exactly what I was searching for...

Guys I'm planning to buy a used DLX in a few days and the thing I'm concerned about is when I see the car on road ..It sometimes looks very low (almost touching the ground from the back) and it's not exclusive to every swift, but some are very very low.

I hope the Swift owners know what I'm talking about.

Please tell me why this is and if I want to buy a car that is too low .. how can I fix it and should I fix it or not ?

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nayefs View Post
    This thread is just too good for words ... exactly what I was searching for...

Guys I'm planning to buy a used DLX in a few days and the thing I'm concerned about is when I see the car on road ..It sometimes looks very low (almost touching the ground from the back) and it's not exclusive to every swift, but some are very very low.

I hope the Swift owners know what I'm talking about.

Please tell me why this is and if I want to buy a car that is too low .. how can I fix it and should I fix it or not ?

Regards.
    the car indeed is lowered from the back and raised from the front, but if your concern is ground clearance, it isn't low enough as to touch speed breakers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thebhatti View Post
    the car indeed is lowered from the back and raised from the front, but if your concern is ground clearance, it isn't low enough as to touch speed breakers.
    Thank you for your vote of confidence.
    Today has been a good day Alhumdullilah as I saw an absolutely perfect DLX in almost mint condition and paid advance on it and will be Inshallah picking it up on Monday.

The car didn't seem as low from the back and I have spoken to my mechanic and we have decided to go for better springs in shocks if there is a problem with the new car so we are prepared now.

He highly recommend not to go for spacers as it is a cheaper option and so we opted for springs if ever the need arises.

Will share details of car once I pick it up Inshallah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

User Tag List