Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My Experience of the new Swift

Hi there,
    I'm sure that there are a lot of mixed views about domestic cars here but my experience with the new swift has been amazing. we bought it a few weeks ago and i have been enjoying every second of it.
    it has some excellent features and has a comfort level which can definitely be compared to the local saloon cars. its acceleration is amazing and thank god it has ABS too, which works perfectly well.
    i'm attaching some pix of the best features of the Swift which i love. enjoy

first of all, the odometer. it has a drivers seat belt warning light which blinks continuously until the driver puts his seatbelt on.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018603

JVC cd/cassette player. it has an auxillary input which is very useful for ipod connectivity
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018604

electric doors and mirrors.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018605

rear ashtray can come out.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018606
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018607

rear seats have headrests and seat belts.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018608

and they can be folded too
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018609

and by removing the rear shelf, there is a lot of space. as the rear shelf is not attached to anything(like in the cultus) it can easily be removed
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018610
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018611

theres no keyhole for the boot nor is there any lever which the driver can pull to open it. instead the boot handle has a button which can be pressed to open it. and it can be opened only when the doors r unlocked, even if the car is on

My Experience of the new Swift -1018613

there are 4 speakers, all of them are in the doors. the sound quality is very good.And they have a good bass.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018614

rear legroom is ample and 4 people can sit very comfortably
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018615

the clock, which has a weird "fake" immobilizer light which blinks when the car is off. the manual says that its function is to deter robbers. I say its pointless.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018616
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018617
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018618

the a/c of this car is awesome, and the vents r pretty cool too. they can be closed and rotated in all directions
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018619

it has fog lights too. which makes the front of the car look less "blank"
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018620
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018621

the radio antenna.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018622

the back light.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018623

keyless entry. u have to press the unlock button twice to unlock all doors, otherwise only the drivers door is unlocked. the suzuki people give 2 such keys and one simple key.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018624

bridgestone tyres and alloys. ABS comes as standard.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018625

and now the things i dont really like about the car

the rear lights will take some getting used to. they are all over the place!
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018626

there are scratches near the door handles already. i guess its because of the paint.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018627

overall, the family loves this car. i think that the price tag is justifiable for a 1300cc fully loaded hatch back. i'm glad that we didnt go for an imported car. I wish it had airbags, but then again beggars can be choosy.. atleast it has ABS

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqastariq View Post
    Thanks for the comments Mubeen, can you please elaborate what you meant by "ket it self"? as you left me confused :s
    Of course it has immobilizer.Immobilizer is operated by a transponder which may be built in the third key.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Reviving the thread for one reason, I just bought a new Swift(DLX) a few days ago and it does not have an immobilizer(correct me), here is what I did to test it, left the two 'remote' keys at home and went on to start the car with the third key provided by Suzuki put the key in the ignition and it started... this is based on my guess that the third key(that does not have any buttons) does not have a tag for the immobilizer, or does it?

Seems strange as when I start the car I do see the 'immobilizer' light (along with others), so that should mean immobilizer... can any member please confirm if he has tested swift's immobilizer?
    Immobiliser has nothing to do with buttons... It requires just a coded key regardless of whether it has buttons or not... Buttons serve the purpose of keyless entry... Keyless entry means you don't have to insert key in door lock to open it rather buttons do it for you... All the three keys provided by manufacturer are coded but two of them are coded with keyless entry option..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rockerguy View Post
    Immobiliser has nothing to do with buttons... It requires just a coded key regardless of whether it has buttons or not... Buttons serve the purpose of keyless entry... Keyless entry means you don't have to insert key in door lock to open it rather buttons do it for you... All the three keys provided by manufacturer are coded but two of them are coded with keyless entry option..
    OK, sorry for sounding like a total idiot, I do know that the buttons serves the purpose of key-less entry... what was making me confused was that I thought the immobilizer needed something from the key (a rfid tag or something)? can you please clear me 'how' the key communicates to the immobilizer within the car? (I cant seem to wrap my mind around how its being done)... thank you for your comments thus far

EDIT: Google'd and found out how an RFID key works and I think now I know 'how' a RFID sensor can be put into the second key.

*for reference of others...
    Example of RFID key
    My Experience of the new Swift - TK10 RFID Key Fob

Example of RFID tags
    My Experience of the new Swift - rfid 2
    My Experience of the new Swift - 503246 e025d46cc7347e14221f0ed3d1662a6d
    My Experience of the new Swift - RFID Tag01
    '3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the car.'

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

drive new xli/gli then you decide which car is better

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by msaeedkhan View Post
    *Facepalm*
    '3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the car.'

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would still say swift any time any day

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no doubt xli/gli has a comfortable drive than this but that comes at the cost of .5 million extra
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    no doubt xli/gli has a comfortable drive than this but that comes at the cost of .5 million extra
    atleast gli worth that 0.5 million extra
    this is damn incomplete car with more price tag
    i dont know what people got reason in their mind to justify their choice to select coure cultus n this dinki when little bit used cars with hell better value of money is avaliable in market in same r even less price tag
    almost 1M plus for cultus
    coure
    i mean y people buy them n we all know even 2005 2006 honda toyota used cars r better then these brand new
    used baleno liana (maintained) r avaiable almost for half of price n much better then these craps

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stop hijacking the thread/point guys take your fight somewhere else, I specifically revived a 4 month old thread for a purpose not for a fight... learn some forum posting etiquette.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@waqastariq

You got it right, it is the transponder RF chip which is embedded into the key.Here is some more explanation of how it works:

A transponder system comprises two primary components being the processor/interrogator and a microchip (transponder) embedded within the head of the key. The processor usually interacts with the fuel injection and varied other vehicle electronics systems.

When an attempt to start the vehicle is made, the interrogator sends a burst of Radio Frequency (RF) energy - at a defined frequency - to an antenna which usually surrounds the face of the ignition cylinder. As the transponder contains a tuned circuit matched to the frequency of the RF burst, a small voltage is generated by induction within the transponder chip. Whether this charges a capacitor I don't know, but the result is that the induced voltage causes the transponder chip to emit, by RF, it's individual code number - a thirty two (32) digit number, which can also contain alfa numeric characters.

If the processor recognises the returned code number, it then allows the starter motor, fuel pump and/or fuel injection systems to function, and allow the vehicle to start. A common sign of a faulty or absent transponder is that the vehicle will start but will only run for a few seconds.

As suggested recently, it is the processor/interrogator module that is programmed with which key is allowed start privileges. The transponder chip is only an identification number for the key in which it is embedded. Interestingly, the amount of time it takes to start, send and stop the transmission of the code number is a factor as to whether the processor will accept the code.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@huzaifa

How is it incomplete, can u shed light on it? 1300 XLI is an underpowered machine, just drive a swift and feel the difference. Also tell how complete is XLI with 3 LAC plus price tag and don't having below features which swift has:

1. Power windows
    2. Electrically powered mirrors
    3. ABS with EBD
    4. Immobilizer(Even GLI don't has it)
    5. Alloy rims
    6. Bridgestone tyres
    7. Front fog lights
    8. Cental door locking,keyless entry

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

XLi is complete car; as its got "Toyota" badge and the "diggi"; moreover they are so giving...they offer free 1000 inspection (their current compaign on FM radios)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    @waqastariq

You got it right, it is the transponder RF chip which is embedded into the key.Here is some more explanation of how it works:

A transponder system comprises two primary components being the processor/interrogator and a microchip (transponder) embedded within the head of the key. The processor usually interacts with the fuel injection and varied other vehicle electronics systems.

When an attempt to start the vehicle is made, the interrogator sends a burst of Radio Frequency (RF) energy - at a defined frequency - to an antenna which usually surrounds the face of the ignition cylinder. As the transponder contains a tuned circuit matched to the frequency of the RF burst, a small voltage is generated by induction within the transponder chip. Whether this charges a capacitor I don't know, but the result is that the induced voltage causes the transponder chip to emit, by RF, it's individual code number - a thirty two (32) digit number, which can also contain alfa numeric characters.

If the processor recognises the returned code number, it then allows the starter motor, fuel pump and/or fuel injection systems to function, and allow the vehicle to start. A common sign of a faulty or absent transponder is that the vehicle will start but will only run for a few seconds.

As suggested recently, it is the processor/interrogator module that is programmed with which key is allowed start privileges. The transponder chip is only an identification number for the key in which it is embedded. Interestingly, the amount of time it takes to start, send and stop the transmission of the code number is a factor as to whether the processor will accept the code.
    Thanks for the comments and the explanation, understood it completely.

So now this is what I thought I could do as the key has an RF transmitter in it my phone (Nexus S, which also has a NFC(different name same thing) reader/writer) should be able to read the key/code number that is stored in the car key? but when I do try this it does not work, am I doing something wrong or missing something?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So now this is what I thought I could do as the key has an RF transmitter in it my phone (Nexus S, which also has a NFC(different name same thing) reader/writer) should be able to read the key/code number that is stored in the car key? but when I do try this it does not work, am I doing something wrong or missing something?
    The immobilizer knows the enrolled RF codes; that are in mobile sim like thing under the plastic of the key; weather its remote one or the simple one. You can X-Ray it to see how it look like; lol

If you try to use the non-coded key; the immobilizer should not let the engine start; you can try making the new key from road side chabi walas to test it out...else take a look at https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/wheels-pakistan/170701-oem-keyless-entry-civic-ivtec-8th-gen where i posted the video of before/after enrolling the new key into immobilizer; Swift should behave the same!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It will never respond and it should never repond otherwise there will be no security in it(as anyone will be able to get the secret code in ICU). It will respond only to query sent by car ICU on some particular frequency. A layman example would be the mobile phone functioning, tower transmitting the data will be received by the particular phone and not every cell phone.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    @huzaifa

How is it incomplete, can u shed light on it? 1300 XLI is an underpowered machine, just drive a swift and feel the difference. Also tell how complete is XLI with 3 LAC plus price tag and don't having below features which swift has:

1. Power windows
    2. Electrically powered mirrors
    3. ABS with EBD
    4. Immobilizer(Even GLI don't has it)
    5. Alloy rims
    6. Bridgestone tyres
    7. Front fog lights
    8. Cental door locking,keyless entry
    u can easily get
    2.its there in xli
    3.serious flaw
    4.hehehe
    but can u get trunk in ur dinki after market

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

itz sumthng very obvious dat dealers n car brokerz dn like swift dat mch... they r alwyz after the brands whch they cn sell ezly to earn some dime.... so such ppl dn actualy knw wat a GEM Swift is
    wHaTs NeXt To EcStAsY????nOtHiNgNeSs??WaTs nExt????HELL.............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilslayer View Post
    itz sumthng very obvious dat dealers n car brokerz dn like swift dat mch... they r alwyz after the brands whch they cn sell ezly to earn some dime.... so such ppl dn actualy knw wat a GEM Swift is
    100% agreed devil.... @huzaifaa that has to be one of the stupidest answers... he was talking about 'value for money' if you get all the parts after market, at-least also add that cost and then put the figures here... Swift costs 1,131,000 WITH all this how much will corolla cost after adding these parts? more than 1.8mil I think, so which has more value? also ABS can not be installed after-market and saying that Swift ABS has flaws without giving ANY authentic PROOF tells a lot about your mentality, i will stop my corolla bashing here

EDIT: and oh btw, immobilizer is the single most powerful deterrent to thieves these days, corolla is the most stolen car in Pakistan not because its famous but because even a 9 year old can by pass its locks and drift away. if Toyota starts giving immobilizer in its cars here I can grantee the stolen car rate will decline by 99.9%

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifaa View Post
    u can easily get
    2.its there in xli
    3.serious flaw
    4.hehehe

but can u get trunk in ur dinki after market
    what exactly you ate before writing or even developing such thoughts? or you were simply drunk... werent you?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1300cc without diggi.... hehehehe